you're beautiful

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

anbu-black-ops

-san
Kouhai
20090923_anjellf_main.jpg
youarebeautiful2.jpg

Title: You're Beautiful
Genre: Romance, comedy
Broadcast Network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2009-Oct-07 to TBA
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis:

Tae Kyung and On Yu are in search of a new member for their idol group, A.N.JELL. However, Mi Nam suffers an injury at the last moment. So Mi Nyu, his twin sister, is asked to step in for her brother. The rest of the drama follows the behind-the-scenes life of an idol group.

Cast:

A.N.JELL
Jang Geun Suk as Hwang Tae Kyung
Park Shin Hye as Go Mi Nam (Male) / Go Mi Nyu (Female)
Lee Hong Ki as Kang On Yu / Jeremy
Jung Yong Hwa as Kang Shin Woo

(from dramawiki)

----------------------------------------------

3 cute/hot guys (depending on how you look at it)=check
1 cute girl=check
cool cold selfish main guy (alittle bit emoish)=check
gender reversal=check

sounds like an anime lol. at first i wasnt interested, since the story deals with 3 (hot) guys. then i watch it and it was actually pretty good. check it out. so far so good. now i got 2 dramas to watch, first is smile, you (a family drama 50-eppy really good and very entertaining) and second, this drama. btw the main guy there acts like someone familiar, someone who is in a jrock band...hmmm whom could it be...lol~

if you've enjoyed coffee prince, chances are you gonna like this too.

I'm guessing this is a K-drama.....anbu are you a girl ?
rolleyes.gif

@jdranzer: lol. im a guy. thats why i was hesitant to watch this drama at first, but when i watch it it was actually good. i really like it so far. and yes its a romantic comedy kdrama, my fav~ lol

@chiisai: i was at the same boat as you before when i first saw the pics and the summary, but there seems to be alot of people watching it so i gave it a try and it was actually good. now i watch this while i wait for my no.1 kdrama on the list. lol (btw the snsd genie spoof is kinda funny too)

that leads me to my next topic im gonna post, hehehehe. i wasnt gonna post anymore if nobody replies to this lol. i thought that no one seems interested in some kdramas i post here. im just happy.

btw if anyone of you a fan of top from bigbang and that guy who played storm shadow, they are both in this drama called IRIS. its an action drama, so far it looks boring to... but i only saw 1 episode. it looks like a big budget...hmmm.

I watched the first episode and had mixed reactions - but I'll watch the next couple when I get time before making any decisions. The leader of the band actually kind of creeps me out
unsure.gif
But I do like the manager, and the lead actress certainly has an interesting and hilarious basis for a character.

I've heard really good things about Iris, apparently it's really popular. It just doesn't sound like my genre? I'm actually interested in Heaven's Postman (I loved Han Hyo Joo in Shining Inheritance so definitely checking it out!) but that's not coming out for a couple weeks.

yeah i feel that way too when i first watch the first episode. i wasnt sure if it was good since it was kinda slow. but when she started impersonating her brother, it got interesting. she's so cute when she starts acting like a guy (she acts like a cute puppy). so far this is the only kdrama thats good to watch besides smile, you.

IRIS on the other hand, ive been watching it on and off. so far its hella slow... its below my watchlist right now lol. i heard about heavens postman. it looks like it has different story each episodes, might check that out when it airs.

right now im checking the kdrama creating destiny and loving you a thousand times... just to fill the void while waiting for smile, you kdrama which airs on the weekends. if you got time, you have to check it out (smile, you). it picks up around episode 2. its really funny and entertaining.

also, han hyo joo's new drama will be next year last time i check called pasta.

I've got a paper due in a couple days so I haven't got past episode 3, but I have to ask anyway, because I keep seeing people talking about which pairing they support.

Ignoring the usual plot structure of dramas, what guy would you like to see her end up with? Or do you want her to end up with any of them? Gotta say, I'm rooting for Shinwoo even though it's probably hopeless
laugh.gif

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 03 2009, 06:16 PM) Ignoring the usual plot structure of dramas, what guy would you like to see her end up with? Or do you want her to end up with any of them? Gotta say, I'm rooting for Shinwoo even though it's probably hopeless
laugh.gif

Tae Kyung is the most likely, but... If she had a relationship with that composer then... wouldn't that accumulate to them being.... Half siblings...?
blink.gif

Shin Woo, according to typical plots, would be the invisible third wheel.

I'd like to see Jeremy's relationship though.

*sigh* why did I decide to pick up on k-drama... It was supposed to be my sister's thing too.

QUOTE If she had a relationship with that composer then... wouldn't that accumulate to them being.... Half siblings...?
This is exactly what I've been trying to figure out. Show, stop keeping me in suspense!

I'm up to episode 9 now, and yeah, I think all of them would make potentially interesting pairings.

The cast is really awesome all around. They're backstage interviews and clips are always adorable. The four of them seem to get on great.

Yeah, I like the character vibes from all of them, especially the character for Mi Nam. It totally gives off a recognizable male vibe but still mingles with the whole "undercover" idea.

I'm going to watch the 9th episode tomorrow, and perhaps the 10th as well.

EDIT: I spent the next hour practicing "Without Words" with Mi Nam's version on guitar. YEy.

Episodes 11 and 12 are out, and some answers finally arrive ... don't click if you don't want major spoilers!

Good to know they cleared up the sibling-link. Tae Kyung and Mi Nam could have been siblings but aren't blood related. Though, it's kind of funny that his mother will actually become the twins' mother like she wanted if Mi Nam marries Tae Kyung in the future.

The tragedy of Shin Woo is his horrible timing and inability to speak his mind. Love the song though.

Jeremy's reactions to Mi Nam being a girl are too precious. Lee Hongki is adorable (and has an amazing voice, if you haven't listened to FT Island's music). The scene with them reenacting CFs in the grocery store was great. His constantly wanting to hug Mi Nam amuses me.

Uee's acting is amazing as always. Her character is so horrible, and doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word "karma". Though even if for her own selfish reasons, it's good that she continues to hide Mi Nam's identity from that reporter.

And of course ... we can't forget the kiss & confession scenes. Tae Kyung is really something unique there
laugh.gif
His facial expressions never disappoint, and HIS shock when HE kissed Mi Nam made that scene imo. The confession scene was kind of weak in comparison, but maybe because I was spoiled.

But now you can only wonder how things will fall together in the remaining four episodes!

So... anybody feeling depressed?

Honestly, I believed this drama had more potential for most of the episodes. I was really hoping they'd apply the generic "twin swap" magic for a couple more episodes. Anyways, I just wished that we could have gotten more action from the real Go Mi Nam and then some. Guh I want more Mi Nyu as female!

sad.gif
I need new dorama now. Recommendations similar to this?

I don't even know what this series is about, but every time I read the thread name, I just want to say, "Thank you!"
smile.gif

I was disappointed with the ending itself. The show started weak and ended weak - probably not episodes I'd watch again. I'm actually fairly annoyed with how they turned Shin Woo into a pseudo-stalker just to be a foil to Tae Kyung. (well, they were doing it anyway but it just feels like they cheapened his character by basically stating it outright)

I actually came to dislike the main characters more and more as the show went on - but that's fairly typical
laugh.gif
I now love Jeremy, and Yoo He Yi certainly became one of my favourites (Uee was awesome).

I wish we had seen more of the real Go Mi Nam. Did he ever actually speak?

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Dec 08 2009, 05:46 PM) I don't even know what this series is about, but every time I read the thread name, I just want to say, "Thank you!"
smile.gif

Offtopic Eggy but hilarious ... and, as we keep seeing "You're beautiful, yes you are indeed~" every time someone posts in this topic, I can understand your reaction!
laugh.gif

So is this one to watch or should it be avoided?

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Dec 10 2009, 04:28 AM) So is this one to watch or should it be avoided?
If you can stand the first two & last two episodes being kind of "ehn" but important for setting up plot!points - it's definitely one to watch. I have never laughed so hard at a drama. The characters are adorable and they throw in lots of great spoofs, so basically episodes 3-14 were amazing.* Cliche maybe, but yeah. It's one drama I actually do want to rewatch. It also has quite a large internet fanbase despite its ratings, if you need further convincing
wink.gif

*peaking around episodes 10-12, if I recall correctly. Whenever Tae Kyung calmly explained how fans write him into homosexual-romance fanfiction. I died about ten times over. And may possibly want to ship Tae Kyung x Jeremy now
laugh.gif

If I had to recommend it, I'd say you can give it a try just to get some kicks out of it. The show adds plenty of humor here and there, so it keeps things lively. However, like chiisai_hana said, it does start and end weakly. Overall, the characters were there, so was the comedy and the tie-ins for the characters, but the plot was a down-hill scripting job.

IMO, 8/10, +1 for Tae Hyung.

BTW chiisai-hana, real Mi Nam did actually speak, last part of ep. 15 when he was first introduced and confronted at the airport. Friggin' one-liners....

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back