You didnt even finish watching the first ep?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

warita200

Tai Youkai
Sempai
It doesnt happen to me very often, that I abort an anime I started watching. Because I donwload animes only after carefully selecting what might be interesting for me. But sometimes I make mistakes and it happens that I dont even finish watching the first ep, because it is more than I can bear. Here are my candidates:

1) muteki kanban musume (didnt like the girl at all, so agressive, screaming,...)
2) inukami (really sick if you ask me)

So, what are your experiences? Have you ever stopped in the middle of the first episode? Which anime was it and what turned you off?

Tonagura! was an anime I decided to give it a try... I hated that guy... such worthless characters pushing their faces on the chest of that girl... The little sister of him was the only plus in that anime...
Muteki Kanban Musume... I didn't get the story.. I thought it was pretty lame. I was on 2/3 of it, and stopped, I didn't think it would get good all of a sudden.

Nani???????????????????? How can you even think of quiting on Inukami!, I can't believe it. I didn't know people like that existed???? Anyways, I've never quit on any anime, even if I dislike it. Once I start, I never stop until it's finished.

inukami was totally perverted.... I dont know about the other eps, since I didnt even finish watching the first one. That is the danger of it... you might miss a good anime, if you find the first ep horrible... it might get better later on. Except I dont think Inukami is one of these cases...

Innocent Venus, I could never get past the first episode, it was so dull and worn out.

Blood+, ok, as far as I can tell, its still the 70's or something, yet people have mobile phone, and the teenage boy is something like a yakuza hit man. Nope, not for me thanks.

About Inukami... I was thinking of watching it.. since it was recommended... good thing I didn't, I heard of several ppl that it was pretty disgusting...
Probably it's also because me, (and maybe warita too) as a girl, don't like what's going on in such animes....

QUOTE (Noshi @ Oct 07 2006, 03:27 PM) About Inukami... I was thinking of watching it.. since it was recommended... good thing I didn't, I heard of several ppl that it was pretty disgusting...
Probably it's also because me, (and maybe warita too) as a girl, don't like what's going on in such animes....
yup, in the first ep there was this perverted sick guy, who had a special technique "squeezing his nipples" and he was showing his private parts naked on the street and laughing like a mental. No thanks......

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 07 2006, 03:30 PM) yup, in the first ep there was this perverted sick guy, who had a special technique "squeezing his nipples" and he was showing his private parts naked on the street and laughing like a mental. No thanks......
I don't find Inukami! hot or arousing in any way. I like it becuase it's funny and has a very neat plot and story line. It is truly one of the best anime's of 2006. You should give it a try. I admit, the first couple episodes may be a little too much for some people. (not for me
laugh.gif
I loved that!!!) But watch the next few episodes and you'll begin to respect the show more and more. It is my most favourite anime hand's down, you can imagine how much pain I'm going through becuase Mendoi is so slow
sad.gif
I'm thinking of paying Dattebayo $4000 to sub the rest for me.

You're discussion is heading toward something better suited to the Inukami thread
wink.gif

There have been animes I've stopped watching ... and some I picked up again. Like Haruhi Suzumiya ... deleted the first episode after five minutes, but it got so much hype, I gave it another chance. And then there are series I watch all the way through, but never watch the final episode of (like Soul Link).

Well rarely I've stopped watching a first episode on midway,why?Because I want to watch the ending and hear it,somtime some anime really sucks but have a cool ending or opening...Well now I have some idea from this thread about what I won't watch:Muteki Kanban Musume(Warita I trust your judjement
laugh.gif
!),I've already downloaded 4 episodes of Tonagura and didn't watch them yet....(watchem or not?that is the question
biggrin.gif
!).

I usually force myself to watch through the first episode. I have determined long ago that you cannot judge a anime by its forst episode. Its the hook that tries to drag you in. An example in the reverse, where the first episode was awesome. Coyote Ragtime Show. The animation quality was unparreleled, the charecters vibrant and full of life, great action, Intruiging plot. Then the second epose was everything that the first was not. Crappy, flat charecters, overall roundabout awufulness. This continues throught the series.

QUOTE (Anime-Addict @ Oct 07 2006, 09:32 PM) I usually force myself to watch through the first episode. I have determined long ago that you cannot judge a anime by its forst episode.
I completely agree with this statement. For example, in terms of Inukami, the first and second episode would be a little sick in a way with the villans being weird and all, but as the story goes on, the episodes get better and more comedic too, and thus leads to some incredible episodes like episodes 12 and 13 (these are literally awesome episodes with a very good share of fighting). Another example would be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The first episode would be very very weird if it was the first episode you ever saw, but if you watch episode 2 and onward, you find ou that it's a really good anime. You might need to watch more than one episode, probabl two or three and then give up the series.

The only anime I stopped watching this year was Bokura Ga Ita. Before downloading this anime, I had read a synopsis and found the story pretty interesting but after watching the first first episode, I could not stand the animation at all. It really sucked, anyway I tried to watch the second episode but then gave up on the remaining episodes. The story is fine with me but its just the animation which is not up to it.

mine is the same with warita. inukami! argh i cant stand watching it. ive seen the half of the first ep, and deleted it! lol and also that melancholy of haruhi. it sucked. watched the first half then deleted it! kemonozume also. the animation itself really sucked. oh well.

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Oct 08 2006, 01:53 AM) mine is the same with warita. inukami! argh i cant stand watching it. ive seen the half of the first ep, and deleted it! lol and also that melancholy of haruhi. it sucked. watched the first half then deleted it! kemonozume also. the animation itself really sucked. oh well.
Melancholy of H.S. had only the first ep so weird.... they were just making fun of student made movies. After the first ep the anime is totally normal.... correction: It rocks!!!

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 08 2006, 04:27 PM) Melancholy of H.S. had only the first ep so weird.... they were just making fun of student made movies. After the first ep the anime is totally normal.... correction: It rocks!!!
DITTO!
the first episode was werid and boring.
I dozed off while watching
dry.gif

But after that episode , the other episodes was really good!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Oct 08 2006, 01:53 AM) kemonozume also. the animation itself really sucked. oh well.
Maybe you should give Kemonozume another try, its bold in its art style as ts finally trying something differant for Japanese animation, not just big eyes and sweatdrops, but involving art styles that are more reminisant of the French animation studios.

I have given up kemonozume after the first ep too, but I have at least watched till the end. hhehehehe

Yeah, the animation style is very different. But I gave it up because of the story. They might be trying to use a different animation style for what I know, but otherwise it is very japanese. And I dont like it, when there is too much of the japanese mentality in an anime..... it kindo frustrates me, because I cannot understand their actions.

same for me, i stoped waching Kemonozume, Inukami! (sometimes perverted stuff can be funny, but not in this case
sleep.gif
) and Black Blood Brothers.
Good for me i bared to wach the first ep of Haruhi S. to the end. Without seeing the end i probebly wouldn't continue... For some reason i'm still holding on for Bacura Go Ita. Donno why, solarwing's right, animation realy sucks lol

The animation in Bokura ga ita is different too, but I simply love the story, hihihihihi
It reminds me of my younger days... it brings out the taste of being 15, first love, memories come back like they do, when you smell something, something that reminds you of your childhood, something you cannot pin point for sure, but the emotions acompanying it are so overwhelming. Like the show
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back