Yaoi Manga Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ikinari Seitoukai

Mangaka: Yuzu Tsutae

cover_ikinari.jpg

Plot Summary: A short but funny manga introduction to Tsutae's new novel series. Yuuta has been sent to his grandfather's all-boy's school to save the student council from an "evil" usurper... but finds himself suddenly chosen to succeed him.

Direct Download
Link removed. Upload to your own server

Oujisama Game

Mangaka: Takagi Ryou

1 Volume 5 Chapters
cover_ouji.jpg

Plot Summary: A series of interconnected romantic comedy one-shots involving a Royal Family with 7+ sons in line for the throne and the men they fall in love with. The series also occasionally chronicles the romances of other palace employees and secondary characters.

Direct Download

Link removed. Upload to your own server

Ousama Game

1 Volume 5 Chapters
cover_ousama.jpg

Plot Summary: A direct sequel of Oujisama Game, the 2nd prince of our favorite royal family is sent to a neighboring country as collateral in a foreign relations deal. When things turn sour between their countries, he becomes a virtual hostage of a tyrant King.

Direct Download
Link removed. Upload to your own server!

Kaizoku Game

cover_ikinari.jpg

Plot Summary: A spinoff oneshot(so far) of Takagi's popular Oujisama Game series, involving, yet another Prince... and, of course, a Pirate.

Direct Download
Link removed. Upload to your own server!

Koi Uta

Mangaka: Kamei Yogorouta

cover_koiuta.jpg

Plot Summary: A collection of fantasy oneshots with a dash of animal-ear flavor. An onnagata inspires a young boy to get in touch with his inner woman, a family of foxes teach a miserable young tailor to cure leather, a cat is trapped in a pretty intense love triangle, a bumbling newspaper club member is delegated to photography club duties, a boy with a history of sexual abuse falls for the painter he wants to cover those memories up, and a merboy falls for the wrong man.

Direct Download
Coming Soon

I just found out a series I'd lost track of was licensed by Blu which means, it'll be released here and it will be fairly cheap! (I love yaoi, but $18 a book? Sorry DMP, that's a little too pricey). It's an interesting shounen ai series, I recommend checking it out.

Silver Diamond by Shiho Sugiura

Summary: Rakan lives alone, and the plants in his garden grow so thick and fast that it seems like a jungle. One day a man, holding a gun made of wood, falls right down into his garden. He seems to come from another world, and he's searching for someone who can bring back the green into his own dark and inhospitable world.

I also discovered while on Blu's site that they are releasing a series called 'Just My Luck' by Shinobu Kokoro - the artist for Kyou Kara Maou! Don't know much about it, but looks like Blu is starting to get some interesting titles ....

QUOTE (ploumid @ Jun 05 2007, 08:38 AM)Knight`s Susume
6415o8yz.jpg

I finally got around to reading this manga the other day, and it's a good rec. A story were the uke has guts?! Always a nice read! Not too sure about the drama club president though ... and the whole "you nearly raped me but I forgive you" thing. It's kind of weird
blink.gif

Bukiyou na Silent by Takanaga Hinako

Anyone looking for another cute series to read, Takanaga Hinako has an adorable series called Bukiyou na Silent. It follows Toono, a boy who rarely speaks and isn't good at expressing himself. He's an excellent artist though, and has sketch books filled with portraits of Tamiya (usually playing baseball). Throw in a love rival and some misunderstandings, and the series is just squee-worthy. This is one title I hope DMP picks up for license because I'd love to have it on my shelves!!

DP just released the last available chapters today, so you could grab them off their website. It's "soft yaoi" so it's light on the sex and heavy on the cuteness
wink.gif
Plus the "special" story is an AU where Toono and Tamiya are cat/dog and meet up for the first time
wub.gif
If you can't find the chapters, PM me and I'll dig through my external to find them. I love Takanaga Hinako's manga so it shouldn't be buried too deep!

I figured this was the best place to post this. So here goes...I'm desperately looking for a [yaoi] manga. Once upon a time, I was able to find scanlations of it online from a site I no longer remember (the name 'sakura' was a part of its address and it was a spiffy little dig where I glutted on yaoi, but I have a feeling it's no longer in existence, or is perhaps floating around in cyber-space somewhere) and I think the english translation of the title was Albino(I hope I'm not wrong), but I cannot for the life of me remember the manga artist. God only knows I've searched up and down the internet (well, mostly just google), but my search has turned up absolutely zilch. All I can recall is the breathtaking art...I can't remember the storyline, so it's not as though I could provide anyone with more useful information. All I can dredge up from my feeble memory of it was that the boys were all fantastically beautiful, and the main character was in love with...his friend, who I believe was a monk, or someone in a position of authority similar to it, who was kidnapped by...someone evil? I can only hope I'm not the only one familiar with it... Any help would be much appreciated!! I'm really desperate to locate it... I never got a chance to finish it before it was licensed.

If the series is licensed, we can't give you links to it. It is against forum rules to share licensed anime or manga. However, the group you're probably thinking of is Sakura Crisis, who use to do a lot of gorgeous manga (not always yaoi). While they closed down a few years ago, they are trying to get started again. You can follow the progress on their LiveJournal community or website.

LJ: http://community.livejournal.com/sakura_crisis
Site: http://sakuracrisis.ukepile.com/

They have a complete lists of all the projects they've done (current or dropped) so you might be able to find the title there. Would it maybe be Alichino?

If it's another group altogether ... them I'm not really sure
huh.gif

Huzzah! Thanks a bunch! I wasn't really asking for links, though, just any information anyone might have on it. Maybe I should've made myself clear...I don't want people thinking I didn't reading the Forum Rules, aha. Ah, Sakura Crisis, that was it. I suppose the only reason I remember the yaoi aspect of their website was because I'm not much of a fan of shoujo unless they've got monsters, and a plot as thick and thorough as smog, but seeing as Alichino is a shoujo manga, I'm making an exception. No wonder I'm having a hernia searching for it, Albino wasn't the title... Thanks again; you have no idea how much I appreciate this.

In the course of a "TokyoPop-cancelling-manga-series" thread in the ANN forum, I ran across this little bit of information which may be of interest to anyone following Viewfinder, Kizuna, Embracing Love, or any other Be Beautiful title, as to why they ceased publication:
QUOTE ("CCSYueh")Be Beautiful was Central Park Media's yaoi imprint.
Their anime titles were apparently heavily carried by Sam Goody & those guys so when they went under, CPM took a big hit.
Then the computer company run by the owner of Biblos went under & the guy had apparently soaked all the yaoi profits into it so Biblos (who carried Kizuna, Embracing Love, & Finder) went bye bye. Libre rescues the Biblos zines in Japan, but unofficial word is they made everyone renegotiate the contracts which CPM apparently didn't do. Libre issued a statement that CPM was basically bootlegging their titles. CPM said Libre never contacted them to renegotiate & their attorneys said the Biblos contracts were valid. (Probably because they were in a very bad place fiscally by this time.) They did get a few more volumes out, but they've filed for reorganization & that's been over a yr so they are likely dead in the water.
Basically a whole lot a bad luck (this is my memories of articles posted here)
That leaves several VERY popular yaoi titles frozen. If the Be Beautiful contracts have no weight, why hasn't Libre sold the titles to other yaoi publishers? I read of a Finder copy going for over $100.
My assumption is the Be Beautiful contracts which may have no weight in Japan are effectively blocking the North American Market until they expire or Be Beautiful unloads them
IE-American yaoi fans are in limbo
I did hear a rumor someone is negotiating for the Finder series. If that's the case, there would also be hope the others are available & we might be seeing them.
QUOTE ("Altacia")A little more on that rumor, Apparently Yamane sensei herself and an editor on the Libre message boards have said that they are attempting to find a new "Home" for Viewfinder.

One can only hope it's true....Sorry for the very long quote(s), but I only post this because I personally had no idea what happened at Be Beautiful-- I mean, why suddenly stop publishing when you've got at least 3 very successful titles going?-- but now it makes sense. This was the first specific explanation anyone had ever offered me (although admittedly, I don't usually follow industry-talk, so maybe everyone but me already knew this). I was actually kind of p*ssed at Be Beautiful for a while (since I've got 3 incomplete series now), but now I see it wasn't really their fault...

But what I'm most interested in is if anyone else has heard those "new home for Viewfinder" rumors!? *already getting prematurely excited*

(I'm probably behind, as usual, but here we go ...) Anyone read any of Inariya Fusanosuke's manga? I saw some of her artwork earlier and spent some time hunting down scanlations. I'm really interested in Maiden Rose - it's too bad only two chapters were ever scanlated (maybe someone will licensed it? nevermind, it's apparently licensed by Drama Queen!). The only other title I found scanlated was Giglio, which had some pretty art but was really nothing more than an excuse for smex imo. Then again, one-shots often lack the depth/coherency of full length stories. Still, historical yaoi is definitely a genre that would make yaoi more appealing overall says the fangirl taking a history major.

So, any fans? Or, anyone read the Drama Queen publication and have opinions on it?

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jun 27 2008, 07:41 PM)(I'm probably behind, as usual, but here we go ...) Anyone read any of Inariya Fusanosuke's manga?Ooh, I loved Maiden Rose (yep, the same 2 scanalated chapters that you've seen, although I did DL the full raws just to have a look at the rest of it!). I've had it on preorder at Amazon for months now, although, come to think of it, I thought it should be out by now (I usually don't preorder more than 1 month ahead of the release date-- perhaps the date changed). Anyway, she seems to like the WWII settings, eh? I think her art is really beautiful-- the faces are so expressive. I hope to see more from her in the future, not to mention, I want to read the rest of the MR story. Anyone else?

P.S. In my "yaoi index" (yes, I have DL'd so much scanalated yaoi over the years that I have to keep a running list of titles so I don't DL the same stuff over & over
laugh.gif
), I wrote that she has another one-shot titled "Dramatic," which I totally do not remember.

After some asking around, it seems like Drama Queen has become the company of Epic Fail and not released anything in a year or so. Because yeah, the publication date says Sept 2007 but amazon is still asking me to preorder!

... I actually think I might have downloaded the raw of "Dramatic" but I didn't read it yet (just finished reading Dear Green - it's yaoi manga night apparently??) I'll probably cave and get the MR raws because yeah, it looks awesome and I love her art.

I'm sad there's apparently no more English MR releases though
sad.gif
I was very much liking the uke!

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jun 27 2008, 10:36 PM)After some asking around, it seems like Drama Queen has become the company of Epic Fail and not released anything in a year or so. Because yeah, the publication date says Sept 2007 but amazon is still asking me to preorder!Aw, crap. I wonder what happened? It makes me sad (and a little irked) when companies pick up licenses and then don't follow through (although I recognize that sometimes it's for reasons outside their control). First Viewfinder, Haru wo Daiteita, Kizuna, and then a couple other titles, like this, that seemed to be in "preorder limbo" forever, or became "unavailable" without ever being "available" in the first place-- it's hard not to be disappointed. I have a number of DQ releases (I think Masara Minase & Yuzuha Ougi titles, among others) and I seem to like their picks. Figures!

I've had it confirmed that Maiden Rose was never published. Also, someone said Drama Queen was reorganizing their company but a year later they haven't released anything and all their titles are essentially going out of print. Fans seem pretty upset, because they do have some good titles licensed that have never been released/continued.

I don't know if we should expect anything or not ... The only series of theirs I considered buying was Challengers but never picked it up (and if it's not finished yet, I'm glad).

So an interesting story unfolding ... Youka Nitta has run into legal trouble for tracing her art from photos. I think what shocked me the most was this site - it shows comparisons between the photo and the art work, and they're surprisingly similar. I've never read any of her work so it doesn't effect me, but she's pretty popular and a lot of people are hoping this doesn't mean she's finished with manga forever.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jul 17 2008, 04:31 PM)So an interesting story unfolding ... Youka Nitta has run into legal trouble for tracing her art from photos.
I've never read any of her work so it doesn't effect me, but she's pretty popular and a lot of people are hoping this doesn't mean she's finished with manga forever.Yeah, they're discussing this (somewhat heatedly at times) over in the ANN forum, and probably in aarin too. Actually, she announced that she's resigning (however, it's not clear if it's a permanent resignation, or just until stuff blows over, or what). Libre is also pulling all her back titles. How that will affect her titles that are published over here, I have no clue. The only one I was following was Haru wo Daiteita - Embracing Love (which has been in publishing limbo due to BeBeautiful's legal woes, so I wasn't holding my breath for new volumes anyway...)

So at this point it's not clear whether it's just temporary damage control, or if she's quitting for good, or what. I personally think it would be pretty harsh to expect her to resign completely (yes, yes, she "resigned" herself, but who knows to what degree it was voluntary). I don't think referencing poses from a fashion mag is high crime (nor should it end a manga-ka's career, IMO), but copying the clothes and even the set elements is just kinda... being lazy. But, I don't know, I'm not devastated or howling for blood like some people are (not to mention, many have pointed out that lots of manga-ka reference photographs; they just have the good sense to "tweak" them enough to be unrecognizable as such-- that, or they haven't been caught yet). I really hope she can resume at some point-- or, failing that, go back to doujinshi. I don't know-- are her Japanese fans so upset about that that they'd boycott her if she published elsewhere?

QUOTE (poonk @ Jun 27 2008, 09:59 PM)Ooh, I loved Maiden Rose (yep, the same 2 scanalated chapters that you've seen, although I did DL the full raws just to have a look at the rest of it!). I've had it on preorder at Amazon for months now, although, come to think of it, I thought it should be out by nowSo Amazon finally informed me that they would not be able to deliver Maiden Rose after all (no big surprise since, as I mentioned before, I've had it on order approximately FOREVER, but still...). Thanks a lot, Drama Queen! In all seriousness, though, I was a little sad to see my long-pending order be officially cancelled because I really liked this single-volume story and wanted to see it finished (as far as I know, the scanalations stopped halfway through the story, when the license was announced-- maybe someone will pick it up again now? *crosses fingers*).

Other than that... I made the stupid mistake of pre-ordering Kiss All the Boys v02, Tea for Two v02, and Crimson Spell v02 (all out in July/August) in the same order as Junjou Romantica v07 (out Sep.19), so of course Amazon is apparently holding those first 3 titles until Junjou 07 is released. It's driving me nuts knowing that Crimson Spell & Tea for Two, especially, are waiting for me.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back