xxxHOLIC Shunmuki

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Anybody

-sama
Sempai
holikuxm6.jpg

Title: xxxHolic Shunmuki
(xxxHolic: Chronicle of Spring Dream, xxxHolic: Dream of Spring)

INFO:
Episodes: 2(OAD I - February 17, 2008|| OAD II - June 23, 2008)
Format: 2x OAD(Original Animation DVD)
Genres: Supernatural, Mystery, Comedy
Producers: CLAMP, Production I.G, Kodansha

STAFF:
Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Screenplay: Nanase Ohkawa
Original creator: CLAMP
Character Design: Kazuchika Kise
Art director: Hiromasa Ogura
Art Setting: Kazuhiro Arai
Color setting: Mayumi Satou
Editing: Junichi Uematsu
Prop Design: Minoru Ueda
Sound director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi

CAST:
Kimihiro Watanuki: Jun Fukuyama
Yuuko Ichihara: Sayaka Ohara
Shizuka Doumeki: Kazuya Nakai
Mokona(Larg): Mika Kikuchi
Kohane Tsuyuri: Rina Hidaka
Himawari Kunogi: Shizuka Itou
Everything is affected by hitsuzen - the inevitable outcome of one's choice.

Watanuki's life changed a lot ever since he fatefully stumbled upon the Wish Shop and began to work for the shop owner Yuuko Ichihara.
Weird things, the unseen side of life became his reality.
Due to various surreal experiences and events, boy began to change, changing those he encounters as well.
However, always gentle and easily angered Watanuki holds a bunch of painful secrets, stalking him for as long as he remembers.

With each sleep leading to a surreal experience, soon he will get to experience the true meaning of certain words Yuuko Ichihara, The Dimensional Witch said to him in the beginning.

Is there a meaning behind the macabre events surrounding him?
What is the difference between reality and dream?
What will be result of the chain of events, hitsuzen, started back then when Watanuki met Yuuko, when The Dimensional Witch herself sent four travelers from different worlds onto the fateful journey?

Screenshots:

One of my most awaited things. From what is already known, it seems that it will cover xxxholic chapters happening during Nihon, as well as some of previous crossovers with TRC (at least Tokyo for sure)

This is an awesome find Anybody. Glad to hear there will be a two OAD's of this.
biggrin.gif
The storyline sounds epic aswell. One thing that has really caught my interest is the guy standing beside Watanuki. He looks alot like Suzaku from Code Geass. Maybe CLAMPS re'used the character but changed little bits.

Well not much more i can say here so role on xxxHOLIC
biggrin.gif

Shini that's the Klow (or however it's spelt) boiy from Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. There was a cross over between xxxHolic and and TRC if you remember where the wish shop was used to send him to the rest of the group in the last episode.

Looking forward to this but its best to read the manga as you can see the connection with xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa Chronicles. As Barbo said in the TC:Shunraiki OAD Thread.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Feb 05 2009, 04:36 PM) This is an awesome find Anybody. Glad to hear there will be a two OAD's of this.
biggrin.gif
The storyline sounds epic aswell. One thing that has really caught my interest is the guy standing beside Watanuki. He looks alot like Suzaku from Code Geass. Maybe CLAMPS re'used the character but changed little bits.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Feb 05 2009, 04:41 PM)Shini that's the Klow (or however it's spelt)

Its Syaoran, "Main character" of TRC. He, obviously, plays an important role in Watanuki's storyline, just as Watanuki does in Syaoran's.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 05 2009, 04:48 PM)Looking forward to this but its best to read the manga as you can see the connection with xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa Chronicles. As Barbo said in the TC:Shunraiki OAD Thread.

Both Yes and No.

Shunmuki, if going by the material appearing in screenshots, can still "act" as stand-alone", however without seeing the other side of the story, that is TRC(Shunraiki, in this case), at least 50% of the story meaning will be lost.

As for manga-reliability - Shunmuki is less requiring in this case. While Shunraiki skips over great deal of trc storyline, Shunmuki similarly to the two seasons of tv show, as Tokyo Revelations did to the two seasons of so called "tc".

However overall, on the wider scale - yes. holic will never make complete sense, unless person is reading TRC.

QUOTE (nyammy_kumi @ Feb 06 2009, 07:07 AM) So is it recommended that I read TRC first before watching Shunmuki?

huh.gif

If you want to understand the parallels fully, then yes, read both Tsubasa Chronicle and xxxholic to their latest chapters. Things will make a lot more sense considering the increasing number of crossovers.

The music playing in the trailer is porbably the OP for this OAD series.....its nice to hear. =)

Edit:

Yup the song is called Sofa by Suga Shikao.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
ITS BRILLANT! XD

Just watched the Raw version!!! Yup it was nice!! Loved both the OP and the ED!!!
biggrin.gif
too bad we have to wait for 4 months to watch the 2nd one!!

Can somebody please explain what contribution that Syaoran or whatever character did for watanuki to survive?
Yuuko-san said 3 people made sacrifices for watanuki.
And obviously the 3rd one was Syaoran. But what exactly did he sacrifice?
And what's with him getting back his eye and what not?
Can somebody just give me like a small summary of the little crossover which happens in this ova?
Too lazy to read trc from the start now....

QUOTE (maqubex @ Mar 01 2009, 02:32 PM)Can somebody please explain what contribution that Syaoran or whatever character did for watanuki to survive?
Yuuko-san said 3 people made sacrifices for watanuki.
And obviously the 3rd one was Syaoran. But what exactly did he sacrifice?
And what's with him getting back his eye and what not?
Can somebody just give me like a small summary of the little crossover which happens in this ova?
Too lazy to read trc from the start now....
Its not a little crossover. Both holic and trc manga(not anime) can be counted as two parts of the same story.
Eye and etc is trc side of plot, but yes its he who was the third to pay.

I'm afraid Warita-san you have me a tad confused. Though I think I may know what you're on about. They finished season 2 a while ago, and instead of making a new TV series, they're publishing the rest as individual long episodes released with the manga (OADs) so it won't publish on TV anymore and it's not out as frequently (at least a month between each OAD episode). They have the first of the xxxholic Shunmuki subbed right here on fansub.tv, so you'll be able to find it. I believe the next one is out later this month (don't quote me on that, I can't remember off the top of my head!).

Apologies if I've just told you stuff you already knew and didn't understand your question properly
smile.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Apr 02 2009, 02:00 AM) Anybody knows what happend to the show? Its been over a month now.
sad.gif

If you mean when the next OAD episode is, I believe it is June. Between the first episode and second episode of the holic OAD, the two episodes of the Tsubasa OAD takes place, which began not too long ago.

thank you both for the info. I didnt know that, I didnt bother to look up information. *blush* Juuuune, now that will be a long wait.
sad.gif

I felt kind of let down that the OVA had some recycled scenes from Kei. And that is was a cliff hanger.

Could someone tell me plz, when is the second ova or oad, is going to be released?, thanks

QUOTE (lido @ Jun 05 2009, 11:55 PM) Could someone tell me plz, when is the second ova or oad, is going to be released?, thanks
It's right in the very first post of the thread. June 23

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back