Winter Season 2015 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Version 1.5 (OVAs/films coming soon)
- my must see: 1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2 (hell yes!) xD
2. Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls (finally a new TV sequel and no mini-episodes) ;p
- hopefully better than previous season: 3. Tokyo Ghoul S2 (to see uncensored)
4. Aldnoah.Zero PT2 (again I'll wait for final reviews to marathon it along Pt1) ;/
- could be good telling by the studio: 5. Durarara!! X2 (at last after 5 years) o_O
6. Sokyuu no Fafner: Exodus (Dead Aggressor's 10th anniversary i suppose) ¬¬
- not expecting much: 7. Kantai Collection (I don't trust in delayed anime lately)
8. Dog Days'' (not really a fan of the series maybe it'll be my guilty pleasure) -.-
- dropped by default: 0. SHHS for 50 (unless Ms.Monochrome appears again)
tongue.gif

I'm definitely going to follow these ones:-

1.) Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
2.) Durarara!! X2
3.) JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Part 2
4.) Junketsu no Maria
5.) Kantai Collection
6.) Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
7.) WaruBure
8.) Shinmai Maou no Testament
9.) Tokyo Ghoul S2
10.) Aldonoah.Zero Part 2

Well obviously I'm going to finish up Jojo if possible here, since.... well you know.
tongue.gif

There seems to be a few series that I want to pick up here still, but I get this odd feeling that one of them might be pushed back again *coughKanColecough*.
laugh.gif

Aside from that heard about the Cinderella Girls IM@s series so yes I will check that out since I kind of enjoyed the original cast very much so. Also, a wild speculation that they may end up dong a Puchimas of those girls after the anime aired I'll bet, so in other words I'm calling it right now that it will happen.... eventually.
tongue.gif

In any case other seasons I'm picking up with be Dog Days still, since it's been light hearted as of late. Also, planning to watch DDRRRRR as well since I kind of want to know how far that rabbit hole goes for that series.

Well other then that I know there might be a few ecchi series I'll end up watching too, but not sure if I want to with just the synopsis at this moment. Also, the list looks rather small at the moment, but I take it not a lot of anime was announced yet to make that list bigger yet.

*v.1 update*
OVA/film/specials high to low expectation: 1. Tsukimonogatari (Yotsugi's arc) :3
2. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Hoshi Meguru Hakobune (final film remake?) o.0
3. Psycho-Pass movie (hopefully Kougami shows up in case he doesn't in S2) -.-
4. Fate/kaleid liner Prima Illya 3rei! OVA (i guess it'll be updated next chart) ¬¬
5. Sidonia no Kishi TV special (it isn't listed in previous lineup charts either) >.<
6. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (OVA'2 to be released this month before the Tv series) ;p
7. Bukura wa Minna Kawaisou OVA (by 'unaired episode' I'll expect a full one) :/
8. Tales of Zestiria: Doushi no Yoake (by Ufotable ^^ last one I saw was Abyss)
9. Blade & Soul special (maybe the last but im not really looking forward to it)
tongue.gif

Mh other then finding out how Naruto and Hinata ended up as couple in the last Naruto movie, there is nothing out of interest for me this upcoming season. :/

There are a few that I'll definitely be looking forward to. Mostly sequels and then giving several new series a shot.

Durarara 2
Tokyo Ghoul 2
Yuri Kuma Arashi (cause it's Kunihiko Ikuhara)
The Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Egypt Story
Aldnoah;Zero 2
KanColle (Mainly to see what all the fandom is about. Sooooooooo many KanColle doujins/artwork out there)

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 11 2014, 05:46 PM) KanColle (Mainly to see what all the fandom is about. Sooooooooo many KanColle doujins/artwork out there)
All I know is that the fandom rivals that with Touhou itself, save for the only difference is one's done by a major company while the other is a doujin work to begin with.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 11 2014, 01:00 PM)
3. Psycho-Pass movie (hopefully Kougami shows up in case he doesn't in S2) -.-

Yeah I feel you man...every ep I am thinking where is a Kougami? It's distracting me from enjoying S2.

Version 2.0 ;p (also Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku just subbed)...
QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 11 2014, 06:38 PM)Yeah I feel you man...every ep I am thinking where is a Kougami? It's distracting me from enjoying S2.telling by its new movie poster, i think his return will be only a S2 cliffhanger
sleep.gif

That poster is pretty awesome but just confirms my suspicions that S2 is filler material.

Wow. A rather piss poor selection for Winter. Barely anything is catching my eye to watch.

Will watch:
Kantai Collection.
Blade Dance OVAs
To Love Ru Darkness OVA
Fate Prisma Illya OVA Shorts
Strike Witches OVA 2
Ars Nova DC Movie?
Psycho Pass Movie

Might watch:
Durarara S2

Everything else I'm going to have to watch the first couple of episodes just to see if anything else is good. But I've pretty much dropped Sailor Moon Crystal. Such a HUGE disappointment. I'm tired of having my heart TOEIed with by that show.
dry.gif

Aiee, there really isn't that much to watch.

I'll finish off A.Z even though it has a huge "I can't write" hole to dig itself out of after that S1 finale.

KanColle might be interesting.

Kamisama Hajimemashita getting another season reminds me I still haven't finished the first one.

Everything else is kind of going to be on "Sample and see" mode. Not terribly excited about most of the summary on that chart.

Durarara!!! A personal favorite. Also brings back memories from when I went to Japan^^
Tokyo Ghoul, binge watched first season last week and hope the second season will be even better.

And.. that's about it for me lol. I'm actually only looking really forward to new Gintama which is scheduled to air in April. Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 16 2015, 12:00 AM) btw, what series that began this winter you guys recommend?...
My top picks for what started this winter are (not necessarily in this order):

Death Parade
Durarara!! x2
JoJo's Egypt Arc
Maria the Virgin Witch
Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Yuri Kuma Arashi

But then there are some shows still airing now from Fall '14 that I would rate even higher than a few on that list:

Akatsuki no Yona
Shirobako
Your Lie in April
Parasyte
Seven Deadly Sins

I already dropped most of the light novel harem shows. All of them aside from Testament of Sister New Devil bored me as they either had no clear conflict/antagonist by the time I stopped watching (World Break) or I just didn't care at all about the characters (ISUCA & Absolute Duo). I think those are the only ones I got through at least 3 episodes on before deciding to give up. I'm still watching Testament because despite some of it's pretty stupid fanservice moments that make my eyes roll it at least has a central conflict to keep my interested. And Maria is just an incredibly entertaining character in the show, enough so that I can't say for certain I'd still be watching if she wasn't in it.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu!!
no?.. no one?
okay
sad.gif

I picked up Kamisama Hajimemashita as well after rewatching the first season. I just really want to know how it ends
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back