Window 7 Experience

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Nanami themepack...humm I was wondering what I dled a couple days ago lol. I would prefer primula...well technically I can make it for window 7 if I wanted but oh well lol

QUOTE (jul10 @ Oct 23 2009, 09:14 PM) Now..this is something that makes me regret that I don't have the ultimate version. pfft...*stare at kansa*
You can still download it without Ultimate. It just COMES with the Japanese version of ultimate. If you know where to look, you can grab the theme. And there's no legality issues so far as I'm aware.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 23 2009, 07:23 PM) You can still download it without Ultimate. It just COMES with the Japanese version of ultimate. If you know where to look, you can grab the theme. And there's no legality issues so far as I'm aware.
Took me a while to find actually. Any idea if it works with the RC as well or just the retail version? I'd rather not reinstall windows now of all times part way through the semester.

I would imagine it'd work with the RC as well, though I'm not sure o.o

That said, the RC is only going to be good for so long, you'll have to install the full retail eventually.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 23 2009, 08:56 PM) I would imagine it'd work with the RC as well, though I'm not sure o.o

That said, the RC is only going to be good for so long, you'll have to install the full retail eventually.
Of course I can't stay on the RC forever however I would prefer a less hectic time to do a reinstall so I'll probably reinstall around christmas time. Right now I'm using my laptop basically everyday so I don't want it to be out of commission when I need it.

The RC will work till March then it will keep restarting your computer every 2 hours...lol

Right i just installed Windows 7 and i pretty much hate it. Im trying to reinstall my vaio drivers which is pretty crucial and im getting compatibility issues. Im slightly stunned because i thought windows 7 was suppose to be very compatible.

Its better then Vista for sure but without my vaio drivers i would have preferred my old system. Now some of my unique vaio functions have been lost. So much for a 'simpler' experience.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Oct 25 2009, 04:42 PM) Right i just installed Windows 7 and i pretty much hate it. Im trying to reinstall my vaio drivers which is pretty crucial and im getting compatibility issues. Im slightly stunned because i thought windows 7 was suppose to be very compatible.

Its better then Vista for sure but without my vaio drivers i would have preferred my old system. Now some of my unique vaio functions have been lost. So much for a 'simpler' experience.
You should have done research on whether or there was Windows 7 compatible drivers for your hardware... I mean you knew that the OS was extremely new. I really can't see how you can blame this on the OS.

I did do research, but im not a techie. Eitherway one of the reason i brought win7 was to avoid compability issues that i got with Vista.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Oct 25 2009, 04:42 PM) Right i just installed Windows 7 and i pretty much hate it. Im trying to reinstall my vaio drivers which is pretty crucial and im getting compatibility issues. Im slightly stunned because i thought windows 7 was suppose to be very compatible.

If there are drivers that you didn't get for free (as in, Windows 7 itself didn't supply them), they should be available through windows update - it should seek out any missing drivers and grab them itself.
Further, even if Windows Update doesn't grab it, you can find the drivers on Vaio's website.

If there were drivers for Vista, there should be drivers for Windows 7.

Also, isn't 'hate' a little strong a word for missing a couple drivers which prevent some small amount of functionality right off the bat before actually grabbing said drivers?

How old is your laptop? If it's rather old, that might be why there's compatibility issues. As in, the hardware itself may not be supported anymore at all - thus no driver releases for Windows 7, and no updates even if you were still on XP.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 25 2009, 04:17 PM) Also, isn't 'hate' a little strong a word for missing a couple drivers which prevent some small amount of functionality right off the bat before actually grabbing said drivers?
I like to exaggerate. It a much better OS then the powerhungry Vista. Anyway the setup miraculously started working so im cool now.

@MKK2004

If those drivers control inbuilt peripherals then it might be a problem.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Oct 25 2009, 05:56 PM) it's nothing serious, just the JMB38X MS Host Controller and SD/MMC Host Controller. Also I will have to update my BT port driver. Unless they are very important or might brick my pc, I'm planning on upgrading my Vista this year
ummm

http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d178603-j...host_controller

http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d178605-j...host_controller

also they not really important but it help read your card for your cardreader

Funny when I install my win7 ...although not fully set up yet I did nto had to install any driver to have my video card mykeyboard and other work it was all ok...although I still install them to use their feature =)

btw the one with the vaio dl the latest driver at their website ...that what I did for my motherboard which I was supprise they have it already.

I've been using W7 for a few months now, and I'm impressed with it. It's much 'prettier' than Vista, and it loads up, and opens programs, much faster than XP.

...it's just the dang-fangled bootloader I'm not a fan of. You see, I started off with Windows XP, I then got a new hard drive which I partitioned to have Ubuntu and W7. I installed W7 last, and it overrode my GRUB bootloader, which I re-loaded, but doesn't boot windows anymore, and... oi. X_X. I'll need to figure it out one of these days.

But as for the actual OS, it's great! It makes things much easier than XP (driver-detection, Library file-system, built-in search features, new taskbar), but I feel that it's less intrusive than Vista(UAC!!! :mad: ).

Win 7 now installed and currently transferring files and then I need to just customize and reinstall old programs. Shouldn't have any problems as I don't have many programs to download to begin with, and those that I do need to I know work with Win 7.

Everything installed fine without me having to go grab a single thing really. Only thing I needed was to download a video driver so that Aero could work.

I've been running windows 7 since the beta. I went back to Windows xp for 3 minutes. formated again. installed windows 7. Refuse to go back.

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago at a retail store as a computer Tech, And I have to use every Os everyday. 7 is by far the easiest OS to use, repair, Install, and update.

At work a customer came in and asked to have Vista installed on an old Dell Lat d610, they (My co-workers) just couldn't do it, a few days later a customer asked to have windows 7 installed on her d610 and I had no problems doing it I was shocked that when I finished installing Windows 7 the only driver that was missing was an VGA driver. further more, When i went into device manager and told it to look on-line for the drivers, it did. It went to the dells website, and download the driver I had found on the website FASTER then I could move the file on to my DATA stick.

If anyone has drivers issues, Please, UPDATE your windows, and check the hardware section, Windows updates has a lot of drivers in them.

Windows 7 is such a light Os that it installs on a old P2 http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-7...um-II,8110.html

This took me about 5 seconds to write. Why? Beacuse i love this operating system..

did I mention I LOVE Windows 7?

I've not tried Win7 yet but it seems clear that it requires fewer resources than Vista, there are many reports of it being installed on older machines with no problem. Maybe this means MS and Intel have fallen out? I thought they ensured their new software would force you to upgrade your hardware and vice versa.

IME most people buying machines with Vista would "downgrade" them to XP, maybe MS realised this was Writing on the Wall and that most people are not MS otaku who will buy the latest thing no matter what. Whatever the reason, it seems Win7 is a worthy successor to XP. But of course, you could just use Linux. Or keep using XP. Or DOS.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back