What would you do?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What would you do?

• Restart my collection. >.<

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop dling anime and start watching stream animes.

• Quit anime all together and be a normal person.

• It didnt concern me I dl watch then delete anyway.

• Don't talk to me im in hell...XD

• Total voters

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと
Retired
This is about what would you do if a mishap happen to your anime collections like fire, flood, tornado, and ect. and you lost it all. After your pouting, crying and yelling lol...

Me I dont know what I would do I might try to redl all my anime i had I recorded what I have so looking for it again wont be no problem but the long wait time and disconnection and reconnection of all the stuff im trying to dl will annoy me so humm... Although I would take al my anime anywhere if there was a hurricane coming I put it all in my car and go to safety lol. This how I would protect my stuff Primula > Anime > other esentails. lol Dling everything again would mean 3+ TB of dls >.>.

I would die probably lol. I have been collecting for about 6-7 years now and if I lost all of that then it would be like getting my car stolen lmao. I would go on a homicidal rampage and kill someone.........jk, but I would want to kill someone though...........Gah! It's so depressing to even think about T.T

If this ever happen personally I would be sad at first then start over.

Simply because one it is sad to lose some of your favorite animes and two some are extremely hard to find. Two very good reason to be sad =P.

otherwise it isn't a big deal to me.

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Oct 29 2007, 08:31 PM)If this ever happen personally I would be sad at first then start over.

Simply because one it is sad to lose some of your favorite animes and two some are extremely hard to find. Two very good reason to be sad =P.

otherwise it isn't a big deal to me.
I absolutely agree with blckdemondrgn. I would have to start over but even so a lot of what I have now would be lost to me since quite a bit of the anime I have aren't available from where I got it in the first place. For instance if I download an episode with bittorrent and want to get it again after a year the torrent is probably dead. Same thing with different sites being created and dying.

I very much doubt that insurance covers things like this
tongue.gif

QUOTE Quit anime all together and be a normal person

I found this choice pretty funny, i didn't vote for that one though. I watch anime through online websites , and don't care for any collection . And by the way, what did you mean , when you said quit anime and be a NORMAL person ... like we r some kind of freaks :
mad.gif

biggrin.gif
looooool

I would definitely curse whatever caused it in the first place over and over again and just be pissed for a good couple of hours and won't want to do a thing. Then I'll just start over on downloading all my shows again.

Some of the older series that I spent a week or so downloading through torrents would suck to get back though like Love Hina, Trigun, and NGE.

hmm depends i think =/ if it was something i really enjoyed and watch over and over like an crazy person (lol) i'd either dl it again or if it was licenced buy the thing i suppose
wink.gif
if not i'd just go - meh, i can always collect new series =P i'd be a little peed tho... right now i'm streaming cuz i'm too lazy to download
wink.gif

For me...I think I wouldn't be too sad if I losted the downloaded anime, since I didn't pay anything for them at the first place...but! if it was the actual DVDs, manga, figures which I paid good money to buy, then I would be completed gutted...

I do keep some decent series such as Kanon, Air, Lucky Star etc, but others I just watch and delete. I used to try to keep everything, but I eventually realised in reality, I wouldn't have the time to rewatch them...I mean, I don't even watch all the new anime series that comes out...have to pick and choose.

Apart from the few tangible pieces of work that I own, almost all of my collection of anime/manga/miscellanious is stored on my leisure computer, for which I've had for 2-3 years now, still running strong but not in the best of condition.

I keep meaning to burn everything to a stack of CDs/DVDs just incase anything should happen, but I still haven't gotten around to it. If any harm should befall this computer, the very last bit of life I had will be blown out like a candle, leaving me as a motionless rotting corpse on the floor.

If something happened to my collection then it would also have happened to my computer cause all my anime is downloaded. i'd cry ...... i mean really cry because this would be the second time the first was 2 years ago i got a very nasty virus and i was a noob at computers at the time so i left it and it ended up eraseing my whole hard drive luckily i wasn't collecting long but i had to buy a new hard drive and a couple of external

But if it happened now two years of downloading later it would have to be some natural desaster thats the only way i could acept it . I have over 2 terra bytes of anime and some would take forever to get back like the whole of one piece ,naruto and bleach so i would be in hell i dont think i could restart it even if i wanted to

(ps now ive said this i'm gonna be worried all day now while i'm at work in case it happens .......
dry.gif
im gonna callin sick
ph34r.gif
)

Well..it would be like loosing part of my life..and a part that I like more than other ones.
And if it would ever come to this(cause its unlikely that will ever happen-except from someone breaking into my house or fire etc )I would be sad for allot of time.I think that I would buy a 24MB line and start downloading them again but thats also a fuss..a BIIIG ONE!!
mad.gif
ANYWAY..WHO START ASKING THAT SICK AND TWISTED QUESTION???
laugh.gif
*onee-chan..falls from coffee overdose*
ph34r.gif

wow, what a thought........ I'd probably die first.... then afterwards take a plane trip down south to re-copy my brother's collection. But with that said, there are some animes I've got stored which I probably wouldnt watch fully again so maybe it'd be better to just get the ones I liked and restart from there?

Once I get a bluray or hddvd drive, it'd be slightly easier to create a collection backup ^^

To be honest i would be sad since ive enjoye dmy collecting a times and it would be a shame to just suddenly lose it all.

I suppose id try again, but i dont think it would be the same, it would create an unfillable void 'Nothing Fills the Void!!!' so id try but some series etc to me ages to download and/or find and id question if i could ever get them again....

But it would be to bad i suppose, its something i cant really answer unless it were to actually happen to me....

QUOTE (alrahaa @ Oct 30 2007, 01:11 AM)And by the way, what did you mean , when you said quit anime and be a NORMAL person ... like we r some kind of freaks :
mad.gif

biggrin.gif
looooool
Well Im not calling us freaks because that would include me anyway we are clasicfie as Otaku we watch more than the regular ppl and on occation we even buy figure, dvd, music, and other for them. Normal might just watch some series but dont kare what happen afterwards and dont really buy figures and all because they will believe it wasting money...although it is lol.

humm oh my i dont think I should have brought this up. Some ppl getting bad thought in their minds because of it lol. I only thought of this thread because someone was at my house seeing me watch my anime and then he told me that he lost all his from Hurricane Katrina. The Flood hit his house for like a couple feet and he left his collection of dvd on the ground so the water got to it. He had look at it and it was all peeling so he quit after that lol.

^^: I put the last option because it seems like the better choice. XD. No just kidding. My true option is the fourth one. I just watch most anime and delete them afterwards....of course...there are those special ones I always keep. e.e

Eh...I watch and delete all my anime except a rare one here and there that I like a LOT and know I'm not going to be able to get my hands on ever again. But even if I lost that bit of a collection, I'd not quit on anime o.o Seems like a stupid reason to never watch anime again IMHO...
I mean, sure, maybe not collect anymore, or not try to re-create your collection; but stop watching entirely?

It would seem that I would be most affected here because all of my animes are DVDs that I bought from somewhere. So considering I have about 300 dvds and I'm roughly guessing about 20 dollars for each DVD, wow thats like $6000! o_O

QUOTE (PrinceVaughn @ Oct 29 2007, 09:31 PM) I would die probably lol. I have been collecting for about 6-7 years now and if I lost all of that then it would be like getting my car stolen lmao. I would go on a homicidal rampage and kill someone.........jk, but I would want to kill someone though...........Gah! It's so depressing to even think about T.T
to prevent things like that u just put your anime on DVD discs (well i mean unless your CDs burn or somthing it's more secure than having them on your pc)

QUOTE (skyfighter @ Oct 31 2007, 01:17 PM) to prevent things like that u just put your anime on DVD discs (well i mean unless your CDs burn or somthing it's more secure than having them on your pc)
How can you do that when I said if you lost all that will include the disc ... lol and I have stuff on disc stuff can happen to the disc too like bad burn and u didnt notice.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back