what will ask do in a case like this..

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

onimike

-dono
Retired
you are on your way to the village of truth. along the way, a fork was stuck on the road. you know that one way takes you to your destination and the other leads to the village of lies. between the seperating paths stood a man. you dont know which village he belongs.
so, if you were to ask him one question, what will it be? his answer is depending on where he belongs and use it to guide you.

is this a riddle or are you looking for the answer? i have an answer that'll work. =)

i heard this before and i knew the answe. now that i forgot, it has been bugging me. so you could say im looking for an answer.

if you ask the person which village he's from, he'll point you in the right direction.

if you ask him which village his from there are two scenarios,
>if he's from village of lies, hell say he's from the village of truth.
>otherwise, he'll still say he's from the village of truth.
in the end. you're left not only unsure of where his from but you don't know which way to go either.

i'll ask him "where is the best place in town?"
i'll go opposite to his answer.. lol

*i didnt understand much of this question really.*

i know the idea about having only one question to ask is kinda dumb but thats how the question goes. i didnt make it up.

so in the situation, you dont know if the guy is a liar or not. and he can only answer one question for you. so you have to device a question that will provide an answer that will lead you to the village of truth.

QUOTE (onimike @ Dec 1 2004, 01:22 AM) if you ask him which village his from there are two scenarios,
>if he's from village of lies, hell say he's from the village of truth.
>otherwise, he'll still say he's from the village of truth.
in the end. you're left not only unsure of where his from but you don't know which way to go either.
No, i think daft means you ask the guy which way is towards his home.. That means he will have to choose between the two and POINT the way.. Then, whichever place he points at, go there because it would be the Village of Truth..
happy.gif

QUOTE No, i think daft means you ask the guy which way is towards his home.. That means he will have to choose between the two and POINT the way.. Then, whichever place he points at, go there because it would be the Village of Truth..
that makes sense. so anywhere you point, if you ask if its where he belongs,
if hed say yes, whether liar or not.. it will be the village of truth. if he says no he doesnt belong there, it will be the village of lies. thanks guys.

I believe you have answered it already because even if the stranger tells you that his house is located there, there is still no confirmation if he really has a place there... remember, in the scenario you are also a stranger to the person so asking him where he lives is like giving your address and telephone number to a complete stranger... the fact is there is no definite question that will provide a sufficient answer to achieve the goal... this scenario is probably all about trusting other people (practically strangers) and keeping a finger crossed all the time...

Sometimes the only solution available is finding it out yourself... How? Before you go asking questions, stop and look perplexed. The stranger on the road will be intrigued, approach you and could probably ask you questions... Giving him a reply sufficient of the query will help you reveal some insights about where the person is from... If you think you've had enough observation oing for you, ask the person the appropriate question about one of the villages... based on the conversation you can judge what you want to do next...

Well, that's what I think...

it's not supposed to be this complicated T_T
this is just a case problem. think of it as a videogame rpg. you know how the npcs are programmed to say the same thing over and over depending on the question you ask them.
so there's only one line of thinking in this situation.
eheh
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back