What show to watch~~?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderHiru

-chan
Kouhai
im so bored....nowadays...so can anyone recommand me a show to watch which is avaible in Fansub....any show besides Bleach n Sunabozu...

i like fighting kinda slashing shows
laugh.gif

You'd probably enjoy Law of Ueki. No swords, per se, but it's got fighting. Izumo is pretty good so far as well, complete with swordplay. However, both of these episodes are just now being subbed (and are only now being shown in Japan, iirc), so you won't get much more than a few hours of entertainment from 'em.

If you also like more serious shows, I'd recommend Starship Operators, Speed Grapher, and Sousei no Aquarion (all also in the process of being subbed). The latter two is based off of the first episode alone, but they seem quite good to date. Starship Operators has been subbed up to number eight. Gundam is always good, and Tsubasa Chronicles also looks promising.

~ SP

Mahoraba Heartful Days, I suppose, and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.

~ SP

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan -- i second this one ^^ mahoraba is pretty funny as well, but a little more childish. still fun enough for a 20 year old like me to watch it..

/jp

20 yrs old? i guess i meet the qualifications. what's Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan about? how good is it?

QUOTE (onimike @ Apr 18 2005, 02:32 PM) 20 yrs old? i guess i meet the qualifications. what's Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan about? how good is it?
a hot angle chick that kills a dumb guy
smile.gif
but its funny.. other than her incantation gets annoying.. pi pi piru.. baaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
wink.gif

QUOTE (onimike @ Apr 18 2005, 01:45 PM) how funny is mahoraba? is it comparable to school rumble?
It certainly has its moments... Compared to the first several episodes of SR, Mahoraba is completely blown out of the water. However, the later episodes of Mahoraba have had me laughing far more than the latter of the subbed School Rumble, though that may just be because I was overly-anticipating Episode 20 on April Fools Day... Yet it remains one of my favorite anime to date.

Dokuro-chan is just nuts... Apparently the main character is the inventor of a potion of eternal youth, yet the only drawback is that everyone is now stuck at 13 or so. Because of this, Dokuro-chan, an angel from that future, came to ensure he never creates his potion. Dokuro-chan seems more adult oriented than Mahoraba, which seems to focus mostly on forcing the protagonist into awkward situations. Dokuro-chan's humor comes from gratuitous gore and potty humor, and as you know, SR's story is just so random you can't not enjoy it.
biggrin.gif

SR > Mahoraba > Dokuro-chan, in my opinion.

~ SP

i still like dokuro chan better though
smile.gif
hell, do you remember why everyone looked like they were 13 with the main character's potion?
wink.gif
its kind of humor is comparable to maybe a mix of southpark and ebichu, i guess..

/jp

i've not watched school rumble, but i've seen all the mahoraba that are released, i do enjoy it more than dokuro.. but thats because of Johnny Star

QUOTE (darkdog @ Apr 18 2005, 07:02 PM) i still like dokuro chan better though
smile.gif
hell, do you remember why everyone looked like they were 13 with the main character's potion?
wink.gif
its kind of humor is comparable to maybe a mix of southpark and ebichu, i guess..

/jp
Well... from what they said.. apparently the main character turns into a pedophile who develops a potion to stop girls from aging so they're always young looking. As a side effect, the girls gained eternal youth/immortality.

QUOTE (StriderHiru @ Apr 18 2005, 04:18 AM) how bout humourous shows?
laugh.gif

a funny show is Yakitate!! Japan its hilarious

QUOTE (crapbag @ Apr 18 2005, 09:35 PM) a funny show is Yakitate!! Japan its hilarious
hmm it is funny, specially when the ryou guy eats bread.. my favorite was the crab bread.. hehehe
smile.gif

/tap foot... waiting on ep 21 to download actually hehe..

Yep, School Rumble is still the best.
biggrin.gif
Ah, it's been so long since the last release...

~ SP

i must say, school rumble is pretty rockin if you can find it. also i don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but azumanga is incredible. it's licensed in the US but the dvds are expensive. i guess try to find it somewhere on the cheap. just make sure it's in japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back