what are you doing?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Well trying to attempt to cut back my anime backlog today, because the past few days I was pretty much working outside for one of our parking lot sales we have on occasions. Still wanting to keep playing my NepNep game even though I'm on NG+. Also for some reason I want to try and play the Agarest series in order until all of the DLC content is out for 2.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Mar 08 2015, 01:59 PM) Hey noob, how's it been?
Don't mean to be rude but I honestly have no idea what you were talking about lol I'm sorry please explain? XD
Stax is a Japanese company that makes premium headphones (and fairly decent amplifiers). Their products are normally on show cases in some shops in Akihabara. I believe one of them is called Yodobashi (I think). There's also a lot of mechanical keyboards in the same type of stores, all premium of course. My recommendation is to not buy anything otherwise your wallet may hate you indefinitely. There're a lot of guides on this sort of thing if you're into electronics.

Wow those do look fancy high tech
ohmy.gif
I don't think my students budget would even allow me to buy their cheapest product if I may believe the quality to be as the pictures suggest. I'm only going to Akihabara to buy a camera and maybe some day a new laptop. The amount of creaming anime/game voices in most storer in Akiba is stimulus overkill to me, but I'll definitely have a better look at the fancy electronics this time
tongue.gif

Well, if you like any of it, then you should do some factory tours that they do for headphones in Europe. I remember seeing a few Sennheiser Factory tour videos on youtube. You should also check those out.

Finally getting my watchlist backlog down to a reasonable amount now. Aside from that still playing that NepNep game until they come out with 2, or until the DLCs I like to get for Agarest 2 come out, whichever one comes first though.
tongue.gif

smile.gif
i am back after a long vacation to Japan. It sure was interesting. Of course the main theme at Akihabara was Love live...it actually became annoying to have a lot of shops occupying a lot of space for one series. Also The idolmaster was profiting from the interest. Of course a good second was Kan Collection. they really want to sell those things to a lot of people. However one thing did show this time: Miku Hatsune is on the retreat. She is losing terrain every time. A new update is needed to keep it alive. Right now i am going to sort out all the things i bought and of course pictures.

^

so where my Primula merchandise =D

also pass few days i been doing IT work around my house.

from bootable usb drive to fix computer, to rewiring some coax cable/cat 5/6 cables, getting new router and modem to play with moderns system.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 17 2015, 01:36 PM)
smile.gif
i am back after a long vacation to Japan. It sure was interesting. Right now i am going to sort out all the things i bought and of course pictures.

Welcome back dear nijlandp-san.
wub.gif
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I do thank you for the lovely postcard. The Osaka castle reminded me of the castle that Yoshimune tried to build long ago...remember?
rolleyes.gif
Look forward to hearing more about your trip after you rest up.

Anyway, the weather is great in So. Cal. as Spring has finally arrived! I am truly going to enjoy it.
first-day-of-spring-2015-northern-hemisphere-5718223597076480.2-hp_zpsxkr0ktir.gif

Happy First Day of Spring 2015!

Well I'm now current with my anime series that I'm watching this season. Also, that means I actually watched my NepNep series. I now tend to wonder why did I even pass on that one anyways?

In any case usually hanging about on Steam on occasions now since everything is mostly current with me, save for manga now.
rolleyes.gif

WB, NijlandP, I'm envious of your vacation.
tongue.gif

My life's been pretty weird as of late. I've been on a philosophy reading binge, work is crazier than ever, but the philosophy reading has been helping with the depression in good ways. Finally starting to get some creative inspiration again, it feels like the first time in what seems like forever even though I know it really hasn't been that long.

I caught a really nasty fever the other day, that hasn't helped overall, but the increased sleep and family support has improved my mood, so I guess there's a silver lining to every stormcloud after all?
rolleyes.gif
Hopefully this fades fast, but for the moment I'm still waking up each morning with a voice that sounds like death warmed over.

I'm also starting to get into daily drawing again, with gaps here and there, and hope to have some decent art to post at some point.
laugh.gif

Aside from working all day today, trying to figure out what to do for a backup anime site I use since animetake went down now. Since I now only have one site left to use now.

curious if anyone that still alive in this forum know much about networking =3

What kind of networking?

I may not be of much help- I do a bunch of it in my IT job, but it may not be the kind you need.

QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 23 2015, 01:49 PM) What kind of networking?

I may not be of much help- I do a bunch of it in my IT job, but it may not be the kind you need.
I'm doing a project soon which involve rewiring a few cable and running a cat5/6 cable from a router to the attic to another router but want a printer and computer...well mainly the printer on the same network and hard line into the network. Since i dont want to set the printer up on wifi because it still sporting...wireless G....

my mindset is "shouldnt it be lan to wan?" but most google searches said lan to lan. When I actually set it up it just be trial and error till i get it set up correctly if I dont get an answer so ehh~...

Is there some reason you can't replace the second router with a Network Switch? Usually you don't want to run multiple routers like that unless there's a special need for it like someone you're trying to isolate from your network.

Harddware:

Motorola modem... granted it wont need to be included...
Linksys.... umm that top of the line new Linksys one haha...
secondary re-purposing after project "router" Linksys E3000 recently flash with DD-WRT

Objective:

Extend existing wireless signal
Hardline for the Printer "If possible and if I have to add the printer within the network of the network o_O(lan to wan connection)" or "wireless repeater .... IF I really have to..."

Failsafe/give up set up.....
Just hardline printer without router and extending network....
And leave outside desktop on wireless
give up on extending wireless

Info gather:
lan to lan - disable DHCP on secondary router and set channel opposite of each other and a few other settings...
have to have same wireless name... i think...
need to change one ip to something else like 192.168.2.1

thats all for now it think...

I'm still waiting on some supply I order to do this project... like the cat6 cable... and trying to figure out if i want to wire it the A route or the B type

Sounds like you're pretty close to what you need on this.

as to "lan to lan" on two routers,

Find out what IP range is "open" for your primary router. Like with my cable modem 100~250 were the DHCP addresses, 2~99 were open for static IPs.

Like, let's say your primary router is 192.168.1.1, and the DHCP range for it is 100~250. You'd set the secondary router's IP to 192.168.1.2, and disable DHCP, then connect it "Lan to Lan." At that point to get into the router you'd just go to the new address.

Normally, I recommend naming your second network a different name unless you're using a Wireless repeater/booster unit. Routers aren't really designed to "fight" for the same frequency/SSID like that. Something like SSID-main and SSID-hall or something like that.

Going with Cat 6 seems like overkill to me, but is good future proofing.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I would always connect a printer with a cable. Printers hate WiFi for some reason.

well my cat 5 i had wasnt long enough for my project so i order a cat 6 cable 100ft from monoprice.
I could have bought 1000ft bulk cable for like 100-120$ but i dont need that much cable now...

Also if i have to name differently it be Rimu-chan and one of my other kuudere char i like like Lumiere =)

anyways since you agree i guess i go with that when i able to actually start the project =3

So sad no new post since then but as my project before ^ it finally finish except the wiring of my camera system... that for later

final system layout

lan to lan
same wireless name signal
double the range
different channel so they dont hurt each other signal
different ip address so you can access both router
other 3 lan port still work with the lan to lan connection

modem, router 1, and router 2.... are all in different rooms lol

anyways my next project after that that I recall was xbmc/kodi .... which i learn how to use quick. I thought it was just a streaming device for what you have not source for .... the land of TV and MOVIES! O_O" still a work in progress to get familiar with it.

Now I'm kinda looking into how to or if it even possible to run console game through the pc in like a window form... getting lazy to hit source and cant see what happening on the computer.
... strike that... Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro or Avermedia C985 Live Gamer HD 160-200 investement though. Probably buy it but not right away was willing to dish out 100$ if it was that much so imma wait a bit.

also thanks for your input Norren

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Apr 05 2015, 05:48 AM) Now I'm kinda looking into how to or if it even possible to run console game through the pc in like a window form... getting lazy to hit source and cant see what happening on the computer.
... strike that... Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro or Avermedia C985 Live Gamer HD 160-200 investement though. Probably buy it but not right away was willing to dish out 100$ if it was that much so imma wait a bit.

also thanks for your input Norren
Grats on finishing the wiring.

The Avermedia cards are pretty good, just don't get the external USB ones- they tend to have a nasty 2 second buffering delay. I have an old Avermedia Darkfire that I've been using for years that handles everything I throw at it. (For a little while it was having some issues with my PS3 over HDCP, but I think that was a driver issue with the video card I had at the time, it cleared up when I changed cards.)

I've been having a blast with drawing, I found the Redjuice tutorials on Clip Studio's site and downloaded his brush pack. Some of those brushes make certain effects way too easy.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back