what are you doing?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Enjoying being sick.... not really. I need some Primula's Cooking to get better =)

QUOTE (franzoir @ Sep 08 2014, 12:40 PM) Just watched the last episode of The Leftovers. The show is very demanding and hard to watch. It is also problematic because after a whole season I cant confidently say I know what it is about. Is it about mass depression and how to deal with it?

With that all said and done, the last episode, things really clicked for me. I think The Leftovers is speaking about something very important despite me being unable to articulate or verbalise what it is. I feel like I know the answers but I dont know why or how.

I couldnt recommend this to anybody because I dont even know why I watch it...but I do and somehow strangely think it is great.
I saw a trailer for that on youtube and I was considering picking it up and even more so after you called it great.

I just finished season 2 of The Americans and this series is a sensational spy thriller/drama. I would definitely recommend it to people, it's a period piece in the Cold War era of KBG agents living in the US as an ordinary couple whilst doing missions, they have 2 children (both of whom have no idea that they're parents are actually spies/assassins). Despite, me giving a simple premise for this show, it is soooo much more than that.

Kansatsusha, long time mate. Hope you get better and damn you reminded me of Shuffle!, I wish they did a proper sequel to the anime....not that recap hybrid anime, never watched it but I might do some day.

I'm doing "The Good Wife" marathon, I'm on season 3 and I'm pretty impressed by it. However, doing this marathon means I'm going to be lagging behind but hopefully not for too long.

Taken a break from anime to watch House of Cards. My god...this show has made me feel so conflicted. At first it was a fun accessible political romp and the main character's 4th wall breaking antics were charming little insights into the mind of power-hungry Machiavellian. But now those same antics I found endearing and redeemable are manifestations of a sociopath, who self-indulgently gloating and lauding his accomplishments over the fictional characters and the real life audience. I'm currently up to S2 ep1 and it ends with a literal F%$! You to the audience. It is a form of meta-bullying. Daring the audience to watch further but if you do it is a statement about yourself and the kind of actions you passively condone.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch further. Eitherway, it is amazing what can be done with television as a medium when it is liberated from the rules of television?

@Franzoir, is House of Cards really that good? Everyone swoons over it but I've never tired it. I just don't want it to be complete disappointment and fail to live up to the hype that surrounds it. Since that's what happened with Breaking Bad, watched that a year ago. And I was just flat out bored, finished the 4th season and I just never carried onto the fifth. And I marathoned all four seasons by that point so never went to watching it weekly either. I just didn't think it loved up to the hype. Maybe if I'd found it myself I might have enjoyed it but with everyone praising it, I guess I just expected more. Can't figure out why people are fawning over Breaking Bad and I haven't tried House of Cards because I expect it will be the same deal.

Well I'm currently in a little war at work over my contract. My contract is for 16 hours, but ever since I started back in March I've never done my contracted hours, my first month or two I worked 25 hours, and my hours have fluctuated all year but they never went below 21, and for the past two months I've been doing 36 hours at least. So I'm trying to get work to give me a better contract, in part because I want the secured hours and also because holiday pay is based on contracted hours not the hours you actually work, I take more than 50% pay cut to have a holiday, so there is no incentive for me to ever use my holidays. Now at the end of the year I'll get paid for the holidays I haven't used, work don't like that so are insisting that next year I book all my holidays, but I'm refusing because first I don't want to take a holiday and second there is absolutely no reason or incentive as it currently stands for me to use my holidays. Starting in January I'm going to be putting my money aside so that hopefully in 2 years or so I can visit my ex girlfriend in China - we have it planned, a week in Beijing where she works then a week in her hometown of Harbin with her family, two weeks isn't ideal but it will be my first time going abroad by myself and it's one of the few countries I actually want to visit - so I'll need to be earning as much as my job will allow so to do that I'm not taking any holidays which work don't like. *sigh*

In other news I'm on an Anime kick again, I know I seem to do this every few months and quickly stop because of my bitterness so it's not strictly new but hey, even new attempt to me is news. Well this anime kick is going better than all of my previous attempts in the past few years to get back into anime. In the past two weeks I've watched all of Diabolik Lovers, Shiki, Danganronpa, No Game No Life and I'm currently working through Black Bullet. I haven't watched this much anime in years, I've got more series downloaded and more downloading, my MAL account hasn't seen this much activity in a long while, it feels like when I first joined the site back in 2007 and I was devouring anime, watching anime now I really do feel like I felt when I was 16, which considering I'm 24 in 3 hours, stuns me when I think that I started watching anime 8 years ago.

Anyway back to Black Bullet I go, I hope everyone here is well and I miss everyone where I spoke to you often or not. This site and its members are a big part of my life and helped shape me as I entered my late teens, so with that I truly wish everyone well.

I've sort of taken a hiatus on anime for the time being. Working through my backlog of games when I can. I recently finished up Shadowrun and now I'm working on South Park: The Stick of Truth and Warface.

However, I do follow the anime news. I can't wait till I get my hands on Haikyuu!! OST 2.

I'm struggling with holiday depression this year.

Things have been really awkward this year. Last year my Grandmother's dementia progressed to the point where she had to have someone with her year round, and none of the family have the patience to deal with a dementia patient or the finances to pay for a care facility. My parents took the lion's share of the responsibility of caring for her- 8 months out of the year so far. This really derailed and put a bunch of my stuff on hold, as I dropped what I was doing to pick up enough of my dad's responsibilities to let my parents take care of Granny. There's supposed to be a big family meeting to work out the details of moving forward, so we'll just have to see how that goes.

This will probably be the last Christmas my dad's family has together. They don't get along that well, and we're not sure if Granny will be here next year... and it's looking like it will be battle lines and arguments to be had the whole week.

Between that and job issues, I'm kind of beside myself. My anxiety is at an all time high, and I'm not really sure what to do about it since it's keeping me from being creative. My family isn't being extremely helpful, with dad ignoring the problem in hopes it'll go away and mom blaming it on allergies instead of all the stress everyone keeps heaping on me. Apparently I'm not supposed to have any anxiety about three of my most important clients putting an immense amount of pressure on me at the same time that my grandmother's nearing her end as a functional adult.

Really not sure what the coming year will be like...

Well, Wishing all a Happy new year! Not that I believe in it.. but I do it out of formality.

Let me see my list of new year plans:
-Survive the week without any new Animes till the 5th of Jan (In Progress).
-Try to get a real job.. Been trying for 4 months.. even with 2 educations finished on highest degree I get nothing.. I don't mind living as I have done up till now (with translations and commissions), It's just that I'm getting bored more and more often lately.. To much free time.
-Probably going to stop subbing for 2/3 fansub groups and take a position at a scan group as translator/editor/cleaner (I can do all). I used to do scanlations, but stopped since 5 months ago due to a idiotic *leader* of the scan group.. which surprise surprise they stopped 2 weeks later... Not saying which, out of decency.
-Going to grow a mustache.
-Lastly going to stop reviewing on 4 of the 9 forum sites I'm on.. Not this one
tongue.gif
Just a few other sites that are bit.. chaotic when it comes to forums (Worst Communities Ever).

That will be all, Hope this site keeps on living and hope Deadfish finaly stops.. (PM for a argument about that if you want...)

Removed the one post restriction. Hopefully JCD won't posts 500 posts a day and keep it at 10-20 posts/day at max (if he posts anything).

Aaaaanddddd back to surfing the web in search of my one true keyboard plate, for one of my keyboards. The struggle is real.

inb4 spam in the hundreds RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WE NEED PLANS TO REVIVE THIS SITE!!! Even if I come back more than I have there not much to mod lately =(

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Feb 04 2015, 07:48 AM) WE NEED PLANS TO REVIVE THIS SITE!!! Even if I come back more than I have there not much to mod lately =(
QFT!

For my part I've not had that much to say here. I've been trying to change things IRL so that I have good news to post, but things are slow to change. At the same time, there's not much I really feel like posting about anime wise. I still need to get around to some of last season's shows, too.

I did get myself a Surface Pro 3, been loving that for art, but haven't actually finished any drawings yet to post them. (Although there's one that's pretty close to being finished.)

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Feb 04 2015, 10:48 AM) inb4 spam in the hundreds RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WE NEED PLANS TO REVIVE THIS SITE!!! Even if I come back more than I have there not much to mod lately =(
Yes I know, and the whole HHD crash didn't help things. Not sure what daft-sama is up to, let alone how this is going to be fixed.

In any case just started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 that somehow made it onto Steam somehow. A bit hard to deal with on the keyboard, but I'll manage, since it's not that bad to play mind you, just need to emeber what button does what at times though.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 05 2015, 01:03 AM) Yes I know, and the whole HHD crash didn't help things. Not sure what daft-sama is up to, let alone how this is going to be fixed.

In any case just started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 that somehow made it onto Steam somehow. A bit hard to deal with on the keyboard, but I'll manage, since it's not that bad to play mind you, just need to emeber what button does what at times though.
laugh.gif

... I still need to catch up on all the Neptunia... before I play ReBirth on my Vita... though I got my ReBirth 2 recently and getting HyperDevotion Noire when it come out all Limited ED ...except ReBirth 1... was too late for that

KAAAANSAAAAAAA
tongue.gif
Can you make me a Kisa Fruits Basket Gif again? :<

I'm currently reviewing everything I've studied in the past 3 years before heading to....

JAPAN
biggrin.gif

I'm going on exchange to Kyoto for 5 months and I'm psyched! I'm leaving this Monday.
happy.gif

But boy, I sure wish this place would get more active again, kinda miss the old days. If there's anything I can do other than dropping a post here and there, let me know ^^

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Feb 06 2015, 09:03 PM) ... I still need to catch up on all the Neptunia... before I play ReBirth on my Vita... though I got my ReBirth 2 recently and getting HyperDevotion Noire when it come out all Limited ED ...except ReBirth 1... was too late for that
Oh Re;Birth 1 is technically a reboot of the first NepNep game, minus a few characters that got dropped apparently. As for the Noire game, I'm looking forward to them throwing that onto Steam eventually.
tongue.gif

Well once I manage to have time off form work this week, I'm going to try and chip down my backlog of anime so I can watch the NepNep anime now.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Noshi @ Mar 06 2015, 10:14 AM)
I'm currently reviewing everything I've studied in the past 3 years before heading to....

JAPAN
biggrin.gif

Quite lucky, now you get a chance to try out a few stax and clack for a few minutes on hq mk.

QUOTE (noob @ Mar 08 2015, 09:30 PM) Quite lucky, now you get a chance to try out a few stax and clack for a few minutes on hq mk.
Hey noob, how's it been?
Don't mean to be rude but I honestly have no idea what you were talking about lol I'm sorry please explain? XD

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back