what are you doing?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Currently holding a debate : Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away?
This is something that has caused me to lose 10 hours today... Which is better and why?
I myself Personally like Howl's more as it has a good end between the main characters, But spirited away is also good, But which 1 tops the other?...I'm going to be busy for a while reviewing both of them...

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 15 2014, 07:16 PM)Currently holding a debate : Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away?
This is something that has caused me to lose 10 hours today... Which is better and why?
I myself Personally like Howl's more as it has a good end between the main characters, But spirited away is also good, But which 1 tops the other?...I'm going to be busy for a while reviewing both of them...

For me Spirited Away is better. Howl felt to be rushing the story too much. Also the story itself felt more coherent in Spirited Away.
Still i found the older Kiki's delivery service better than Spirited Away. I wished they made that movie into a series. Ponyo on the cliff by the sea is also a good contender. Not as good as Spirited Away but maybe just as good as Howl's moving Castle.
Hmm, i forgot Princess Momoke and my neighbour Totoro..they were okay although not as strong as Howl and Ponyo.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 15 2014, 06:00 AM) while chatting with Ranzer lately, I see most of his new anime threads have a few posts :/... so in return I ask everyone: please wait to create after trying ep.1 or its pre-air, if you're sure to watch and post actively
smile.gif

NecroRyu, it would be nice if you called me JCD or just JC rather than Ranzer, it's shorter to type after all.

The threads have few posts because of 2 reasons:-

1.) They just started.
2.) FTV's posting activity in general has not been great over the past 5 to 6 years.

Okay, the 2nd part I discussed with you in detail and it seems you have back-peddled and decided to preach what you first said, which I will now summarise as it seems you have forgotten:-

1.) Does it really matter?
2.) Does it really matter that the OP of the thread has to babysit that thread?
3.) For most of the threads I've made I've either read the mangas or have seen PV trailers but that's beside the point, a thread is just a facility for forum discussion.
4.) I'm pretty sure we put this to rest. Why are you bringing this up again?

In the FTV rules, there is nothing about creating threads after the first episode has aired. However, it's not that great to create threads months before the series is set to air because they generally get lost in the thread list.

I am sorry if you feel this is harsh but please just let it go.

Patience, NecroRyu.
smile.gif

Posts will happen with interest. I still have a few series I haven't sampled yet, I'm sure everyone else is just getting an idea for what they like, still. It's also very hard to post meaningful things about series that you know nothing about but the pretense. (For example, I still don't know what Aldnoah.Zero's point is, and it could still absolutely wreck the awesome start it's off to in a single episode.)

The nice thing is that we have these posts for when someone does get interested, and they can click the reply button without having to feel intimidated about posting a new thread.

Although I'm beginning to ask myself if Daft didn't have the right idea with psuedo-reddit.

As far as what I'm doing... I'm still cleaning.
rolleyes.gif
Seems like the mess goes on forever.

I totally forgot to mention this, I'm going to Hyper Japan tomorrow at Earl's Court, London and I think this is my first anime convention. It would be awesome if I was to bump into anyone from here over there.
rolleyes.gif

I'll be going with a couple of buddies, sorta excited tbh.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jul 25 2014, 01:48 AM)I totally forgot to mention this, I'm going to Hyper Japan tomorrow at Earl's Court, London and I think this is my first anime convention. It would be awesome if I was to bump into anyone from here over there.

I'll be going with a couple of buddies, sorta excited tbh.

and how was it? Did you enjoy it? I may want to go to the next one here in the Netherlands in Veldhoven: Abunai!
Right now i am watching a summary of the previous race of my favorite raceteam: Miku Hatsune racing (for the people who don't know it: good smile racing)
I would like to go watch a race in Japan.

Was just watching Monthly Girls Nozaki kun when I suddenly remembered Fansub.tv so I decided to come back and have a look around. Ahh the nostalgia.... A lot has changed but I still recognise a few usernames (but you probably don't remember me, I mostly lurked). Thinking back..... my anime addiction probably started from this forum!!

Anyway I just wanted to say hi!!!

Oh and how was Hyper Japan? It was just down the road from where I live but I was too busy that weekend..... I went once a few years ago but it seemed really small and didn't have much anime stuff (compared to MCM in Excel).

Started making review videos again.
I used to make review videos from Feb 2012 - Sept 2013, sadly after so many annoying copyright reporters on Youtube .. I gotten sick of it. But.. as of a few days ago I joined : Thatguywiththeglasses and can now continue with my review videos, this time however.. I will be reviewing Anime Songs!
Such as for the first 1... I will be reviewing : Log Horizon Ending Theme : Your Song by Yun*Chi.

F.Y.I - Yes, the reason I will be doing: Your Song by Yun*chi, is because it recently showed up on this site in topics and on many others strangely enough.

Wish me a lot of Trolls!

Oh darkness, I haven't forgotten about you, we are forever EVA fans.

Hyper Japan was okay, it's the first time I've actually gone to an anime convention, I almost went to one a couple of years ago, so yeah I can't really compare it to anything else. I went on Friday and Sunday, I got free tickets for both of them and I had a pretty good time. However, I only stayed at the event for about 3 to 4 hours on each of the days.

To be honest, there really wasn't much to do besides just checking out the stalls and even then I didn't really take a good look at was shown, it was just a lot of random things. There was a big Nintendo presence there and a few showcasing of soon-to-be-released games, which I didn't try out.....I went there mainly to check out the food.

On Friday (25th July), I bought a lemonade Ramune (soft drink, which is really good) for £2 a bottle. I tried out Takoyaki from one of the vendors (I didn't realise there was more than one vendor selling it) and I was pretty unlucky in that I just went to the first stall I saw because the Takoyaki was terrible, it was mainly just pancake batter with a tiny morsel of octupus in it with takoyaki sauce and mayo on top with a sprinkling of the green stuff, they were going for £5 for 8 takoyaki balls. I was disappointed in the fact they just tasted horrible, I wish I had tried from the other vendors, I also got Tempura Prawns from the same takoyaki vendor, which were okay but were incredibly bland. After that, I got a few things from the Tofu-Japan and Japan Centre stalls such as caramel corn, Meiji's Chelsea, Pocky, Milk Soda Chewit-thing (can't remember what the brand was), etc. I found out later there are actual stores and sites for both stalls, so when I went back on the Sunday, I didn't bother buying from the stalls apart from getting the famous melon bread, which was delicious. I also got a Breaking Bad-Totoro T-shirt from the Askew Gaming stall. On Sunday, I just bought the Japanese styled skewered chicken which tasted AWESOME, their stall wasn't present on Friday.

There was one stall I liked where they were selling Anime art Canvases, they're called "Canime", I'm thinking of getting a custom canvas from them.

Oh yea, I actually saw and listened to a short live performance done by Yun*Chi at Hyper Japan, which was pretty cool. There was also a Miku Opera premier, which was funny to see.

Overall, Hyper-Japan was a good experience, it wasn't amazing but it was nice chatting to strangers and making new friends.

I finished season 9 of The Office (US) about an hour ago and the show was one of the best sitcoms I have ever seen, it's sad to see a lot of ignorant people ignoring the series in a whole because they think the British version is superior, which it kinda was for the first 1 and a half seasons but the American version became so much more and it was simply incredible.......the best thing on Netflix for sure, that's what she said.
tongue.gif
The finale hit all the right spots for me, everybody got a happy ending.
biggrin.gif

EDIT #1:

Oh yeah, I got Kakigori (Shaved Ice) from Nice Ice on both days at Hyper Japan, it was awesome, if you do go, you have to try this.
laugh.gif

Finaly Back in Netherlands after a small trip to Scotland. Going to catch up on a few shows and get back to reviews and editing^^. I make my living editing and translating etc, for a few known sites, mostly it only involves translating and editing the OPs & EDs but, I still get paid enough for it.
All to be honest... I think I should buy a external hard-drive... 83.9GB of space filled with OPs & EDs (creditless, raw, normal subbed and creditless subbed)...Yeah...I never throw stuff away >.>

Where can I get quarterly or monthly or weekly data on the following healthcare variables ??? I need around 200 observations for each one, the countries I want to get the data for are the USA, Australia and any European country. These are the variables:-

1.) Health Expenditure (% to GDP or just regular Health Budget (not a ratio of anything)).
2.) Number of Hospital Beds.
3.) Number of Physicians in the coutnry.
4.) Birth rate.
5.) Death rate.
6.) Life Expectancy.

Thank you in advance. I tried World Bank and OCED but they weren't very helpful.

Have you tried Jstor or Questia? It is what I did when I needed statistics on nordic pension schemes.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Aug 12 2014, 04:41 PM) Have you tried Jstor or Questia? It is what I did when I needed statistics on nordic pension schemes.
Nope, I'm going to give it a try.

EDIT:-

Thank you again for the suggestions but can't seem to find any actual statistics I need.

I'm hoping to get monthly observations of the variables between the years 1992 to 2012, which I honestly can't find anywhere.

Best bet would be to go to the lse library and request that information. They import tons of quarterly reports etc.

Edit: If you can find research papers similar to your topic (particularly ones with a quantitative focus) you should be able to atleast mine data for the 90s and early 00.

Currently I have 52 annual observations (from 1960 to 2012 with missing data) for all those variables for 3 separate countries. Ideally I would like 200 observations for each variable.

I think I will give the LSE library a go tomorrow. Holborn right?

Go to strand via waterloo or temple by tube. LSE is literally opposite kcl strand campus from there you can just ask directions or use gps if your phone has it.

Looking forward to working once again now. I just hope that I can manage to hold onto this job then. Pretty much I'm going to be working in the warehouse portion of a tool store. In any case it least it's something for me to work on being in the black for once.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 19 2014, 01:25 AM) Looking forward to working once again now. I just hope that I can manage to hold onto this job then. Pretty much I'm going to be working in the warehouse portion of a tool store. In any case it least it's something for me to work on being in the black for once.
tongue.gif

Just work, earn monies, spend monies, save leftover monies....buy a big house, get trophy wife (ur choice), have kids (ur choice), get a mistress (again ur choice), go on holidays, LIVE......dude, you're on the right track!
biggrin.gif

I really really wanted to get into anime and everything but earlier this week I started watching 2 very different shows. One of them is a hilarious sitcom called "The League" (I'm on S02E08 at the moment for that) and the other show is "The Americans", which is spy fiction masterpiece, it is everything you would want from the genre and please do not compare it to "Mr and Mrs Smith", just because the main characters are a married couple, they're on the same side from the get go.

I'm on episode 05 of season 1 for The Americans and I think it will take up most of my weekend by the looks of it.

Just watched the last episode of The Leftovers. The show is very demanding and hard to watch. It is also problematic because after a whole season I cant confidently say I know what it is about. Is it about mass depression and how to deal with it?

With that all said and done, the last episode, things really clicked for me. I think The Leftovers is speaking about something very important despite me being unable to articulate or verbalise what it is. I feel like I know the answers but I dont know why or how.

I couldnt recommend this to anybody because I dont even know why I watch it...but I do and somehow strangely think it is great.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back