wceend's art!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 01:17 AM) This is how I feel when trying to use those stupid books
drawOwl.png

There are some books like that actually XD, thing is, the authors of those books kinda forget that one can only draw like that once they've done a crap-load of studying on the things lavi-tan mentioned. Though he is listing the right stuff. If you want to draw properly, that's the only way, unless you a natural talent, and can draw anything just by observing. Though, even then you need to do the observing. Oh, and the circles never worked for me either
laugh.gif

Previous post of mine was updated btw.

P.S. Lavi's last post just reminded me of something I still have to finish T.T

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 14 2012, 07:23 AM) There are some books like that actually XD, thing is, the authors of those books kinda forget that one can only draw like that once they've done a crap-load of studying on the things lavi-tan mentioned. Though he is listing the right stuff. If you want to draw properly, that's the only way, unless you a natural talent, and can draw anything just by observing. Though, even then you need to do the observing. Oh, and the circles never worked for me either
laugh.gif

Previous post of mine was updated btw.

P.S. Lavi's last post just reminded me of something I still have to finish T.T
yeah Observing that too, Im pretty much self taught no workshop or books I just used my own techniques to do it, circles are a must if you're in animation, unless you want your animation looks like its having a Parkinson's disease don't skip it
tongue.gif

my drawings have boobs, needs more praise, yo! at least misugi had the decency to be happy
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 13 2012, 04:39 PM) my drawings have boobs, needs more praise, yo! at least misugi had the decency to be happy
biggrin.gif

Compared to my stick drawings, your girls look okay, at least their eyes look better proportioned since one drawing I looked at, one eye was bigger than the other...I think it was Lavi-san's drawing. Anyway, I am no art critic but anyone who likes it as a hobby or as a way to make it in the world, earns my respect. And as they say...practice! Practice! Practice!
To wee-san and bb-san and lavi-san...gambatte!
wub.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 14 2012, 12:26 PM) Compared to my stick drawings, your girls look okay, at least their eyes look better proportioned since one drawing I looked at, one eye was bigger than the other...I think it was Lavi-san's drawing. Anyway, I am no art critic but anyone who likes it as a hobby or as a way to make it in the world, earns my respect.
To wee-san and bb-san and lavi-san...gambatte!
wub.gif

hmm Mine? if the other eye is smaller usually it's used to portray a perspective since its not realistic
tongue.gif
even in realistic sketches I've seen other people do it too
tongue.gif

if you try to look it as a flat picture it wont work tbh Its hard for me to see it that way
blink.gif
as even that owl does not have a proportionate eye
wink.gif

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 13 2012, 08:46 PM) hmm Mine? if the other eye is smaller usually it's used to portray a perspective since its not realistic
tongue.gif
even in realistic sketches I've seen other people do it too
tongue.gif

if you try to look it as a flat picture it wont work tbh Its hard for me to see it that way
blink.gif
as even that owl does not have a proportionate eye
wink.gif

Well, I have looked at other drawings where the person might be off to one side and yet, the eyes were symmetrical. But if you are going for a Picasso or a Cezane...then yeah, it makes sense.
An example of where the eyes look even and not one bigger than the other...
http://www.learn-to-draw-and-paint.com/how-to-draw-eyes.html
"All art is subject to scrutiny...thus it is either beautiful or vain." (love that quote) Anyway, I am an amateur next to you professionals and it was an observation I simply was making while looking over everyone's work.

I'll never be as good at it as I want to be xD
Imma keep bothering you with my drawings, though!

And thank yu everyone for all the input!

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 01:30 PM) I'll never be as good at it as I want to be xD
Imma keep bothering you with my drawings, though!

And thank yu everyone for all the input!
Just draw draw draw and if you not too shy - post the stuff here
tongue.gif

and progress will come naturally

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 14 2012, 04:56 PM) Just draw draw draw and if you not too shy - post the stuff here
tongue.gif

and progress will come naturally
shy is for IRL not for online
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 14 2012, 01:23 PM) Well, I have looked at other drawings where the person might be off to one side and yet, the eyes were symmetrical. But if you are going for a Picasso or a Cezane...then yeah, it makes sense.
An example of where the eyes look even and not one bigger than the other...
http://www.learn-to-draw-and-paint.com/how-to-draw-eyes.html
"All art is subject to scrutiny...thus it is either beautiful or vain." (love that quote) Anyway, I am an amateur next to you professionals and it was an observation I simply was making while looking over everyone's work.
that depends but I drew it with a point perspective meaning you draw with the farthest object small and the nearer object bigger. Second that site applies to realistic drawing Im well aware deformities in realism must be minima, and to be honest the part where you draw eyes smaller is that I got it from a book as well so yeah
tongue.gif
. Third you are the first person to notify me of this to be honest I've shown in to a lot of people artist alike so far they find it A-okay so I was a little surprised when referred mine to having a deformity
tongue.gif

PS: Don't take it this that Im mad or anything I just found it surprising since you're the first one to notify me
wink.gif

0Bf6S.jpg

Got lazy and for the fact I was running out of time on the right side, I may plan to refurbish this since my professor notified me that If I can improve on it, it may enter onto the exhibition I have other stuffs as well but they are way big so I have to scan them in an establishment
tongue.gif

Oh Wceend you draw anything besides people? I like to draw Backgrounds as well, here's one from my Layout Subject in my course
tongue.gif

that's pretty sweet
biggrin.gif
I'd be far to impatient to draw something like this, haha. I usually draw in class.. xD

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 15 2012, 02:53 PM) that's pretty sweet
biggrin.gif
I'd be far to impatient to draw something like this, haha. I usually draw in class.. xD
Ah and i draw places sometimes. And i did perspective stuff as well, for school.

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 15 2012, 04:30 AM) that depends but I drew it with a point perspective meaning you draw with the farthest object small and the nearer object bigger. Second that site applies to realistic drawing Im well aware deformities in realism must be minima, and to be honest the part where you draw eyes smaller is that I got it from a book as well so yeah
tongue.gif
. Third you are the first person to notify me of this to be honest I've shown in to a lot of people artist alike so far they find it A-okay so I was a little surprised when referred mine to having a deformity
tongue.gif

PS: Don't take it this that Im mad or anything I just found it surprising since you're the first one to notify me 
wink.gif

0Bf6S.jpg

Got lazy and for the fact I was running out of time on the right side, I may plan to refurbish this since my professor notified me that If I can improve on it, it may enter onto the exhibition I have other stuffs as well but they are way big so I have to scan them in an establishment
tongue.gif

Oh Wceend you draw anything besides people? I like to draw Backgrounds as well, here's one from my Layout Subject in my course
tongue.gif

Just gave my first impressions and nothing more...not meant to be personal whatsoever, Lavi-san. I studied Art history and Composition, while in college, for my Nursing degree and made numerous trips to various Art museums here in So. Cal. doing research for my term papers and the like; so it is not like I don't know what I like to look at or what my eye for detail, captures. (but I ain't no expert, just a lover of art)
wink.gif

I am taking nothing like you are mad as each artist has his talents and is always at risk as to what others might think about their work. Thus is the beauty of Art...open to one's own interpretation.
Anyway, the other work you have shared is quite interesting...wish I had a layout like that...
tongue.gif

I'm back with some more stuff!

A little bit of saber, and most prominently: My favourite Katawa Shoujo ladies!
Guess which is my favourite?
wink.gif

zoom.jpg

Saberrrrr
Saber.jpg

Shizune
Shizune.jpg

Hanako
Hanako.jpg

And last, but most definitely not least; Lilly. I imagined her blindness would make her fond of Music, and perhaps even to be a piano prodigy herself! hence the poorly draw piano!
Lilly.jpg

Hope you like it! please let me know what you think, but please remember I'm not an Art student
wink.gif

Edit: Sigh, silly phone camera.. they look a lot better and more alive on paper ):

I see a thumb of a real human!
tongue.gif
Anyway, as per your request...I looked them over and they are all cute...some awkward perspectives that need practice but since I am an amateur, I will let the pros direct you as to what they see.
The piano playing girl needs to relax....she looked like a real stiff there and looks to hate the piano, as if it repulsed her almost. Not a good image in the hands and arms...they lack warmth and passion and flexibility...try redoing the arms/hands after you practice what it would be like to be a passionate pianist in your sweet little mind, Wee-san. Give her life by reflecting on that beauty and make her make love to that piano...then she will come to life all the more.
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ May 09 2012, 08:16 PM) I see a thumb of a real human!
tongue.gif
Anyway, as per your request...I looked them over and they are all cute...some awkward perspectives that need practice but since I am an amateur, I will let the pros direct you as to what they see.
The piano playing girl needs to relax....she looked like a real stiff there and looks to hate the piano, as if it repulsed her almost. Not a good image in the hands and arms...they lack warmth and passion and flexibility...try redoing the arms/hands after you practice what it would be like to be a passionate pianist in your sweet little mind, Wee-san. Give her life by reflecting on that beauty and make her make love to that piano...then she wil come to life all the more.
wink.gif

Haha, well, she can't actually see the piano. She's based on Lilly, a blind character from the VN katawa shoujo
wink.gif
. Maybe she s trying to figure out where exactly her hands areo n the piano, concentration and all. And thanks! yeah I mostly jsut ran out of time (and paper) as I drew this during a particularly boring lecture. Also, drawing hands and natural looking limbs is the bane of my existence!

QUOTE (wceend @ May 09 2012, 12:45 PM) Haha, well, she can't actually see the piano. She's based on Lilly, a blind character from the VN katawa shoujo
wink.gif
. Maybe she s trying to figure out where exactly her hands areo n the piano, concentration and all. And thanks! yeah I mostly jsut ran out of time (and paper) as I drew this during a particularly boring lecture. Also, drawing hands and natural looking limbs is the bane of my existence!
Well, from what I am told and what I have seen, a blind person has a more keen sense of touch...therefore, a piano should be enticing and allowed to seduce her senses...just the beautiful sound that emanates should be enough to have her arms enfold the piano and her hands caress those keys...challenge yourself and rise to the occasion of trying to manifest that magic for all of us wanna-be artists (me, mainly)
wink.gif
by drawing it up...especially, during long and boring lectures. Play some Chopin while you are at it...
wink.gif

Woo, my tablet is ALIVE. it was spazzing out earlier this year so I threw it in a corner. now it's kinda normal again so I'm looking for some relatively easy to use programs to draw/line-art in
biggrin.gif

so, dicking around in paint until someone shows me awesome new stuffs.

wahaha.jpg

spikehhairz.jpg

braidlolz.png

WAHAHA~

QUOTE (wceend @ May 11 2012, 06:41 PM) Woo, my tablet is ALIVE. it was spazzing out earlier this year so I threw it in a corner. now it's kinda normal again so I'm looking for some relatively easy to use programs to draw/line-art in
biggrin.gif

OpenCanvas is a good program. Almost flawlessly simulates pencils/pens etc. and whats best - was made just for tablets
smile.gif

Aside from that, Photoshop, Gimp, Corel, SAI, etc still exist ^^ they not all that hard all of em
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back