wceend's art!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Apr 13 2012, 04:43 PM) Hhahaha that'd be great I'm really looking forward to a dfc-.tan :3 But I also know your problem, I kinda have the same problems with proportions, it's kinda hard to draw a flat chest and make itn look good at the same time aka so that it doesnt look like a male chest
Exactly XD and I wasn't thinking THAT flat, not pedo flat xD but jsut, y know, slender lady without a pair of backbreakers XD

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Apr 13 2012, 04:43 PM) Hhahaha that'd be great I'm really looking forward to a dfc-.tan :3 But I also know your problem, I kinda have the same problems with proportions, it's kinda hard to draw a flat chest and make itn look good at the same time aka so that it doesnt look like a male chest
well what do you think?

IMAG0306.jpg

this one is a little bigger XD and used a reference

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 13 2012, 07:03 PM)well what do you think?

IMAG0306.jpg

this one is a little bigger XD and used a reference
ohmy.gif
mhm... oh ..
wink.gif

pretty nice i guess.. though i think you might've broken her back
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 13 2012, 08:48 PM)
ohmy.gif
mhm... oh ..
wink.gif

pretty nice i guess.. though i think you might've broken her back
rolleyes.gif

she's too sexy for her back xD no actually in the picture the girl was slighty tilted to the left, and I mesed up by combining two perspectives :s

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 13 2012, 10:54 PM) she's too sexy for her back xD no actually in the picture the girl was slighty tilted to the left, and I mesed up by combining two perspectives :s
Oh XD
Geh, well being an art student, I should probably shut-up just in case. Too attentive to many small details a.t.m. since trying to get better and having a well-respected veteran artist who is well in his years as a sensei doesn't help my lazy-bum side

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 13 2012, 09:11 PM) Oh XD
Geh, well being an art student, I should probably shut-up just in case. Too attentive to many small details a.t.m. since trying to get better and having a well-respected veteran artist who is well in his years as a sensei doesn't help my lazy-bum side
constructive criticism is welcome
wink.gif
though I'm not an art student and impatient as fork. I did this in maybe 15 minuts. I have the imagine in my head I jsut can't get it onto paper right. and sketching is all I can do.. I cant work with photoshop very well so I cant make awesome artworks like my wallpaper... I should get really rich and get one of these:

wacom.jpg

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 13 2012, 11:19 PM) \ I should get really rich and get one of these:

wacom.jpg

Tell me about it

there's actually a smaller more mobile version which is 'only' 850 euros
tongue.gif

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 13 2012, 11:46 PM) there's actually a smaller more mobile version which is 'only' 850 euros
tongue.gif

might as well get the 2k one >_>

I know where I'm going if I et 2 minutes of free shopping
tongue.gif
load that right in and then sprint to the games/Tv section hah

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 05:19 AM) constructive criticism is welcome
wink.gif
though I'm not an art student and impatient as fork. I did this in maybe 15 minuts. I have the imagine in my head I jsut can't get it onto paper right. and sketching is all I can do.. I cant work with photoshop very well so I cant make awesome artworks like my wallpaper... I should get really rich and get one of these:

wacom.jpg

while highly convenient its not necessarily needed to be a good drawer, First of all its expensive, second its Large its not that portable even though there is a smaller version of it, third practicing with a normal tablet isn't that hard it's pretty much the same as an analog only you have to take it in another perspective. Fourth I only highly recommend this if you're an art student ESPECIALLY if you are an animator to provide consistency during cleanups BUT even so its I've seen older batches just do it with a normal tablet on their Thesis and portfolio projects.

Tips for anatomy, when you have spare time concentrate just on the muscle of a body part, its much better to start from realistic THEN onto whatever art style you may do. If you want to go true hardcore like us art students you draw the bones, the muscles then finally the skin fully rendered, no smudging by the way.

Here is one of my drawings by the way
smile.gif
feel free to ask me questions
http://i.imgur.com/zqAtX.jpg

That looks sweet. and hmmm, I'm not hardcore like that, and too impatient. I have a regular tablet, but it's just not as sensitive as the Cintiq. I've been able to play around with them a couple of times... they're wonderful toys. I like expensive toys XD it's not that I 'need' it. but I'd jsut really like to hve one, anyway
tongue.gif
I found that the cintiq does the pencil feel very well, while my tablet doesn't... but I have an old shabby trust tablet, not a fanncy wacom. I was thinking about getting a bamboo tablet.. but it's a little small desu~

I just drw for fun.. I had art clas sin highschool and enjoyed it. my friend next to me in artclass was really good, this is her stuff..yes.. she loves dragons
http://mystessa.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d4mhfoq

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 06:38 AM) That looks sweet. and hmmm, I'm not hardcore like that, and too impatient. I have a regular tablet, but it's just not as sensitive as the Cintiq. I've been able to play around with them a couple of times... they're wonderful toys. I like expensive toys XD it's not that I 'need' it. but I'd jsut really like to hve one, anyway
tongue.gif
I found that the cintiq does the pencil feel very well, while my tablet doesn't... but I have an old shabby trust tablet, not a fanncy wacom. I was thinking about getting a bamboo tablet.. but it's a little small desu~

I just drw for fun.. I had art clas sin highschool and enjoyed it. my friend next to me in artclass was really good, this is her stuff..yes.. she loves dragons
Im not really that patient also, Im quite a perfectionist too so Im really eccentric when i do random stuff like that. That sketch just took me 40 mins or so, I was sleepy during that time(I took cat naps in between) Im pretty sure I forgot to put something there but as an artist you just gotta live with your mistake sometimes even as a perfectionist. Wacom tablets are very sensitive regardless if its cintiq (bamboo), If anything I actually find most of them senstive and ironically I find the Cintiq to be less as we have a whole room full of those in school

QUOTE Here is one of my drawings by the way feel free to ask me questions
http://i.imgur.com/zqAtX.jpg
Help me find a comprehensive study of anime anatomy, please
tongue.gif

QUOTE I just drw for fun.. I had art clas sin highschool and enjoyed it. my friend next to me in artclass was really good, this is her stuff..yes.. she loves dragons
neat. have a friend in university who loves drawig like that though he prefers fantasy-ish knights, gods (evil ones as well), the gods' thrones, and other similar stuff.

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 14 2012, 06:56 AM) Help me find a comprehensive study of anime anatomy, please
tongue.gif

neat. have a friend in university who loves drawig like that though he prefers fantasy-ish knights, gods (evil ones as well), the gods' thrones, and other similar stuff.
Find some books not how to draw manga books but How to draw Real human people books.

I have some realllyyy large backgrounds that I did for my BGDES (layout design, Background is a completely different thing its kinda like the final product) though some of it are incomplete since I didn't really had the time to add the proper details but I can still enhance it so I can submit some of them for the exhibit next year
wink.gif

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 13 2012, 10:47 PM) as we have a whole room full of those in school
Excuse me as I lock myself in. hide some supplies under the third chair from the left.My work ll never be perfect, I just want to know what people think of it regardless of its faults XD

so what Do you guys think of my art besides the broken back XD (this is my art thread after all xD )

Also ,surely one of you can whip me up with a dashing new signature?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 14 2012, 01:07 AM) Find some books not how to draw manga books but How to draw Real human people books.

I have some realllyyy large backgrounds that I did for my BGDES (layout design, Background is a completely different thing its kinda like the final product) though some of it are incomplete since I didn't really had the time to add the proper details but I can still enhance it so I can submit some of them for the exhibit next year
wink.gif

Nah, just trolling you
biggrin.gif
I have anatomy drawing books so human body ain't a problem. Plus I've already long passed anatomy drawing phase, don't forget I'm in the arts as well, though the specialization is "Virtual Environment Design"
smile.gif

I was thinking about doing you new sig. But I'll be kinda busy over this weekend probably so not sure. Was going to reply in the thread only if I had any free time and would be up to drawing smth
smile.gif

Well aside from broken back, it does seem like you improved quite a bit compared to your earlier works proportion-wise, but there are still some perspective problems, and the bone structure seems fake.

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 07:08 AM) Excuse me as I lock myself in. hide some supplies under the third chair from the left.My work ll never be perfect, I just want to know what people think of it regardless of its faults XD

so what Do you guys think of my art besides the broken back XD (this is my art thread after all xD )

Also ,surely one of you can whip me up with a dashing new signature?
biggrin.gif

Don't worry I know a lot of people here to who still need improvements in their skills despite being in an art school already.

Im self taught to i have my own techniques that's really hard to put into words.

So just like what I said study the human anatomy by drawing just some body parts. I.e. Legs, arms, chest. If you really want a good Level up go hardcore by drawing the skeleton, muscles, skin of the a body part (make sure they go overlay although you can do with out it really)
tongue.gif
then do portraits of people. Try to study shading as well, shading doesn't just apply to pencils, charcoal and the likes, it carries on also in color rendering, especially in the hue and brightness department. While shading AVOID smudging, smudges are a NO NO in shading unless you know how to properly shade already.

Lol for 2 years I've been lazy to make one although Im busy atm so I've got a good excuse its already 6 am here I have not slept since im still doing my 3d animation >_>

This is how I feel when trying to use those stupid books
drawOwl.png

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 14 2012, 07:17 AM) This is how I feel when trying to use those stupid books
drawOwl.png

you dont even need to use books, to be honest I just took a reference and scaled it larger and followed the details exactly
tongue.gif

PS: tbh though that's how art's students roll
tongue.gif
we even have a class here that requires you to have 100 sketches by the end of the week and for midterms 500 drawings
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back