Utakata

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
i was hoping you knew so i'd consider downloading it lol

there's review in animenfo.com
tongue.gif

I only watch it because I love the animation, other wise it's just a regular anime to me...

maybe i'll watch it later when i am really at my home..so hard to watch anime these days with lots of works..damn

everyone's wondering the same as i am.
*minimizes browser and watches first episode*

EDIT:
weird is what i have to say.. anyone who saw the later eps, tell me if i should download some more.

I saw the first 3 episodes but I still don't know what it is exactly of. All I know is that it is about a girl who gets a charm as a present from one of her tutors and it ends up bringing another magical girl to appear in front of her the day summer vacation started. The rest of the summer I guess she has to use the 12 stones in the charrm to be able to turn the charm back to how it was because she doesn't want her tutor to see it that way. The stones call on different dieties (gods) and they make favors for her.

It's kind of slow but interesting at the same time.

QUOTE (sukilmv @ Dec 13 2004, 06:48 PM)I saw the first 3 episodes but I still don't know what it is exactly of.
I watched UtaKata this spring all at once, I liked the bouncy OP (My Heart Sings) and the sad ED (Some day your tears will melt away) but never found mp3's of the whole themes by Savage Genius.

The series itself....... I agree with you... it looked vaguely promising but turned out to be rather weak, there didn't seem to be any reason for the girl in the mirror and the testing of the humans... it was like, a story just for the sake of it, no-one had any underlying motives, the plot was only half there.

I really liked the kami though, especially the Sun God. It felt right that they were completely inhuman yet human looking - like Greek statues, immobile yet powerful, lending their power to Ichika so she could see through their eyes, e.g. everywhere the sun illuminated she could see. It's a shame there wasn't a more coherent plot to use this interesting kami motif.

revival.jpg

Actually the story is there, but may be it's a be too deep and dark for people to understand...it actually get the viewers to think about those issues that were addressed. Another thing unique about this anime is that each of the costumes that she wear in the episodes are designed by famous mangka and one was by a figure designer.

Oh, and I do have the full MP3 for the OP and ED songs. Let me know if anyone want me to upload them.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jul 21 2006, 01:08 AM) Oh, and I do have the full MP3 for the OP and ED songs. Let me know if anyone want me to upload them.
Yes please!

Thankyou thankyou! I searched all over for those songs.
(I don't suppose you have the ED for Crest of the Stars by Kingo Kondo, "The Lost Blue Sky"....... another poignant track I've searched high and low for but never managed to find T_T ... like Utakata I've had to make do with short mp3 ripped from the fansub)

I must take another look at Utakata for the hidden depths, like why she was being tested in the first place, why that boy put her into that situation by giving her the talisman (which surely was cruel if he cared about her). The only messages I really noticed were stuff like "power corrupts", the temptation to meglamania when she tries to kill someone with her power.

The double bind thing at the end of sacrificing herself or her friend, that seemed to be a no-win, I wasn't sure what to make of that, it was a "heads I win, tails you lose" situation, and rejecting both also seemed to mean you'd automatically lose ... although in the end that seemed to be accepted...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back