Uploaded Anime Library

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more

Asuka Jr.

-chan
Kouhai
Really, people. Get a clue.

Yes, shortly after the sever crash the staff at anime.fansub.tv wanted to know about any problems that they might be able to get fixed, but that's been quite a while ago... let it go.

They are all too busy, or have lost the original files, or it's unbelieveably difficult to re-add an episode after a later one has been put in....

Whatever the reason, there is simply no action in this direction. If you need an episode that is missing from here, just go straight to the request board: http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=1379 and ask someone to upload it for you.... otherwise, either use a torrent server (uTorrent, BitLord, BitTorrent, etc.) and find the .torrent file for the missing episode, or just live without the episode.

I'm still trying to build what I am willing to call an actual collection of episodes from here and from torrents, but if I have an episode you need, I'd be happy to take the time to upload it for you, just mail me askin if I got it. If I do, I'll set it up, if not, I'll make every effort I can to get it for you.

However, keep in mind that torrents take time (especially since I insist on seeding back 150% of what I DL), and I only have consistant access to my computer on the weekends, so it won't necessarily be a fast process (sorry) but I will do my best.

If anyone else is willing to make this effort, and make their collections (non-licenced, if the request is made publicly) availiable to other users, please let me know. Either here or via PM.

The reason I have made this offer here instead of in the request area, is that :
1) I'm not requesting anything.
2) I'm trying to keep anyone else from being scolded for re-posting about missing episodes that aren't gonna be restored.
and 3) Because all too often there don't seem to be that many people actulally reading the anime request forum that might actually have episodes that people want/need.

Hopefully, this will encourage people that have been collecting for a while to check out the requests section to see if there is anyone who wants something they have (it's really not too much work to upload an episode or two to help out a fellow fan)... you'd want someone to help you out of a bind if you were in their shoes.

Remember, not everyone can torrent (network settings, firewalls, school connections, etc.), so help out if you can.

See ya in the funny papers! Or in the local manga section...

Asuka Jr.

P.S. To any admin reading this... please don't take this wrong, but I hate to see any more fellow anime fans get swatted for posting about some episodes they need that you've known about for months, but since there have been so many other posts that the original missing episode post has moved to 3-4 or more pages back... (heck, I rarely go more than 3 pages back into old posts). There is no undue criticizism intended. Just a heads up to the way things appear to be. If I am totally out of line, I apologize, but for an example please feel free to read the recent post regarding missing episodes of 'Welcome to the NHK'... arigato.

chiisai_hana

-nipah!
Retired
QUOTE (Asuka Jr. @ Jan 06 2007, 08:51 PM) for an example please feel free to read the recent post regarding missing episodes of 'Welcome to the NHK'... arigato.
If you're referring to the post I made closing the NHK thread, that 'swatting' was not about reporting the episode, but about the user making a duplicate topic to draw attention to the issue, when they had already reported it.

Personally, redirecting people to the request thread is not problem. We get many repeat topics trying to help people with file distribution as well, so it's a similar thing.

hamasusuke

-aniue
Retired
To add on, There are times when we aren't actually busy. Also, it is not us who actually control the website's well-being, it is daft; we are just appointed members given power to watch and moderate the forum.

Elsemore, there's nothing problematic about the overall requests and multiple thread creations. We have experienced this type of thing even before the crash.

Asuka Jr.

-chan
Kouhai
Really, the only point I was actually trying to make here was that so far as I've experienced, pointing out missing episodes is pretty useless, as once an episode has been lost or removed, it is nearly never returned (if ever) and it would serve folks much better to realize that, and simply try to find fellow helpful anime fans to have them arrange uploads.

I am aware that actual modification and administration of a site like this is usually kept to one person (either because he/she owns the hardware/connection, and/or to keep there from being redundant efforts) but to be frank, I did not actually know who that person was. Thanks for the info.

That said, it does not change the fact that it is far more effective to arrange an upload from a fellow member, than to get a missing or incorrect file added/changed. Thence my point. If people were willing to make themselves known as willing to help out, folks could ask via PM for episodes, and have a much better chance of getting it.

I'm certainly not trying to alienate anyone, but as someone who has had a lot of difficulty finding a particular episode, or finishing a set such that it is all translated by one group, I'd just much rather offer to help my fellow fans than encourage them to post here to request the return of episodes that generally won't be returned, and that will either be downplayed, or referred to the episode request forum anyway.... see my point?

I consider the issue one of wanting to help other anime fans, far more than addressing the reasons why, or who is at fault. One of the toughtest things for me (especially when I can't get the Scheduler to work...like now), is the fear that if I don't get these (meaning 70% of ALL) series now, they may be licensed, and I may lose any chance of getting them before I have to pay $30 for 4 episodes (or fewer) on the DVD release.

Again, not trying to ruffle any feathers, but what is the point in having a forum location to post missing episode queries, when nothing is usually done about those posts? I'd rather just throw myself out there as someone who will be willing (from my VERY meager collection) to make episodes I have availiable to those who have gotten caught up in a given story line, but are missing an episode.... on some series (Bokura Ga Ita for instance), missing one episode can be a dramatic chunk of the story... I know how rough it is to go without that episode (there were some problems with 16,17,18 of BGA) and was horrified at how much can happen in one 23 min. episode.... I just don't want others to have that problem. A little inconvenience to me is worth knowing I've helped someone to enjoy an art I have been a huge fan of since the days of the first US releases of Marine Boy, and Speed Racer.

I don't know, maybe I'm way off base here, but that's why I come to this and a couple of other forums, and attend SakuraCon in Seattle. To me it's all about sharing a love of the incredible work of Japanese animators....

Am I being a total ass about this? I certainly hope not. That was never my intent.

Till next time,

Asuka Jr.

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
QUOTE (Asuka Jr. @ Jan 06 2007, 10:20 PM)Really, the only point I was actually trying to make here was that so far as I've experienced, pointing out missing episodes is pretty useless, as once an episode has been lost or removed, it is nearly never returned (if ever) and it would serve folks much better to realize that, and simply try to find fellow helpful anime fans to have them arrange uploads.
Take a look at a few posts below that report missing episodes.
http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=3597
http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=3621
http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=3500

Those are examples and proof that missing episodes can be re-hosted again. And also, if you watch Soukou no Strain, the eps 3, which was lost also have been re-hosted back by now.

To put it simply, there are several conditions for missing episodes to be re-hosted again.

QUOTE I hate to see any more fellow anime fans get swatted for posting about some episodes they need that you've known about for months, but since there have been so many other posts that the original missing episode post has moved to 3-4 or more pages back...
You are not aware of this but we also have a thread on the "restricted area", which monitoring missing episode. So, although the post that goes back to the next page, actually we have it recorded there.

QUOTE That said, it does not change the fact that it is far more effective to arrange an upload from a fellow member, than to get a missing or incorrect file added/changed. Thence my point. If people were willing to make themselves known as willing to help out, folks could ask via PM for episodes, and have a much better chance of getting it.

I don't see the benefit of this (especially the bold one), about PMing person individually. My question is, how do you know which members have the episodes? By posting on the request thread, you have higher chance to getting the episodes since many members read it.

QUOTE Again, not trying to ruffle any feathers, but what is the point in having a forum location to post missing episode queries, when nothing is usually done about those posts?
Well, again, the files that are reported, NOT all of them will come back. But some DID being re-hosted. I think there are several conditions that need to be fulfilled in order for a file have right to be re-hosted. Also it is only one of the purposes of Website/Forum section. But it also the place to report other errors, such as password problem, or other features regarding fansub.TV.

--------------------------------------------------
From what I can understand right now, you try to suggest a new section which is contains uploaded files by members? Am I right?

---------------------------------------------------
From what I see on your post, I think this is more likely your opinion and new ideas. But I kinda confused about your idea though. (Maybe i should re-read your post again). Well, for now this thread is moved to Voice of change section.

Also to avoid confusion, I edited the thread title to: Uploaded Anime Library

Asuka Jr.

-chan
Kouhai
Hmmm... I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that there is no way to address the concerns I have.

You see, if I agree and say 'YES! That's exactly what we need!!' , then that poses a whole new list of complications, not the least of which is that such an undertaking would take up additional storage that anime.fansub already has to regularly remove older episodes from to make space for new files.
So, to list the issues that would be raised by different ideas:

1) anime.fansub begins hosting "User uploaded files" as a separate section:
a) This takes up precious hard-drive space that could be used for new files, or to keep older files for a longer period.
b) This forces anime.fansub to have to take up the job of monitoring not just the files they host, but now the ones uploaded by users (for accuracy, licensing, etc.) adding to what is, I am sure, a plenty big enough job as it is.
c) By offering to host uploads, anime.fansub is then also increasing the bandwidth usage, by adding incoming, as well as having outgoing files, slowing both directions even further.

2) Let's say that instead, there is a new thread that people that are willing to upload files to a fileshare host (megauploads, etc), post the list of series and the episodes (and translators) that they have and are willing to share and offering to upload those files via PM:
a) This then creates another location where the admin must watch to make sure that no one is offering to provide licensed series episodes.
b) It also opens the possibility that the posters that are offering their collections could be reprimanded for not monitoring their old lists to ensure that they are in compliance with anime.fansub 's policies regarding the distribution of licenced files.
c) It would also force the administrators to bark at people and possibly delete or move posts that are made by those people that NEVER read the header for a given thread, and post unrelated issues (like posting the requests for individual files, instead of posting lists of files that they can share), as this hypothetical thread would need to be NOTHING but file lists or it would lose any effectiveness at all, as people would just start seeing request posts by the page full, and like myself, just jump to the last couple of pages to see if there was actually anything useful. After all this thread would have to be specifically for PMing the particular user with a request, or you've created a posting mess like the current episode request thread.

Sigh. I wish there was some easy answer, but now that I look at it, there is just no simple feasible way to make our collections availiable to the other users. So I guess I just start in on the hours of reading unnecessary drivel to try to find people that actually NEED help getting an episode ('cause they can't torrent for what ever reason, or can't find an active torrent for the file they need)

When I started this whole thing, I just wanted to help people try to find the files they need to be able to enjoy watching these anime series... like the ones that won't ever fulfill the mysterious requirements needed for rehosting. I guess that was a waste of time, and I apologize for it. I mean, I fully understand their frustration...until I found this site, I had no idea that I even COULD download fansubbed anime, much less how. And even now I have files I need to find to complete given series (Pani Poni Dash eps 5-10 just won't come down on torrents, even with seeds I'm not able to connect to the files...gotta be a problem with the network I'm on...digression, sorry), and I hate to see someone missing out on any part of a given series, just 'cause it was lost or misplaced....

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to keep thinking about it, and see if I can come up with something that anime.fansub can be a pivotal part of, without having to add to the already extensive workload.

Wish me luck!

Till Next Time! Ja ne!

Asuka (^_^)

nekronos

-san
Kouhai
well imo, your 2nd option is the most viable, however many sites already offer this.... actually theres quite a few sites now that offer direct downloads some by means of megaupload and the like, others by their own servers...there are many smaller sites with no registration required... simply search for them. if you guys still cant find what you need...

then a section for requests of unlicensed anime seems fine, if not links to, as suggested, user uploaded files. those willing can post what they have or are willing to put up in a list... a mod could streamline it, combining the list in an organized single post, updated whenever they have the chance. either users could post it and a mod can merge it or a system of pming and a mod adds this way, after insuring its unlicensed.

also some of the greatest ways to get old files or ones that are no longer available here is dc++, irc and other various applications. its a great alternative to bitorrent for those who cant utilize torrents because of router restrictions they have no control over.

shadowdrak0

-chi
Kouhai
Most sites offer completed batch torrents, such as Boxtorrents.com
Its harder to DDL each one ep by ep but to find out which groups have which episodes, check http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl and find which groups actualy subbed them

If you still cant find them, check around Youtube or Dailymotion as they have most of them uploaded there