Trapeze

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

oppai-ga-suki

-sama
Sempai
irabu.jpg

Tittle:Trapeze (A.K.A. Kushu Buranko)
Genre:Comedy,psychological,????
Air date:October 15, 2009
Original creator:Hideo Okuda
Studio:Toei Animation
Director:Kenji, Nakamura
Official website:http://www.kuchu-buranko.com/
Number of Episodes:11
(From ANN)

Plot:
This is a collection of short sotries originally by Hideo Okuda. The stories revolve around Ichiro Irabu, a psychiatrist at Irabu General Hospital. Along with the help of his sexy assistant nurse Mayumi and her vitamin injections, Irabu tries to cure his patients of their illnesses.

My thoughts on episode 1
This is an acid trip of a show. It is very strange but quite hilarious. The combination of different mediums adds a cool dimension to the show. I really enjoyed this first episode.

Thanks to my favorite redhead...Barbo-san, I too, enjoyed this one. Loved the brilliant use of colors, animation was a trip and the characters, all engaging. I liked the scene where the Trapeze artist was given an injection...too bad for those of us who are nurses, we can't all look that good in pink, let alone while giving an injection, turn it into a pleasurable experience.
wink.gif
Having watched and loved, both Mind Games and Kemonozume, well, this one's right up there as well.
tongue.gif
Looking forward to more of the same.

Yup, this is one to look forward to. Im hoping that it will be even funnier, especially when you consider what's coming. I re-watched the episode and it seems that the guy that was making photocopies is the next patient.

LOL at his "illness":
Penile Ankylosis

Ankylosis:The stiffening or immobility of a joint resulting from disease, trauma, surgery, or bone fusion.

Its not like guys have bones or joints down there but its pretty understandable what they were trying to imply with the name, especially after he left the room to make photocopies all hunched over like that and in front of a lady. Talk about embarrassing
laugh.gif

i saw this read the description watched it
i must say
im a little wierded out by that doctor
like for one cant tell if its a boy or girl
for two the smallest version assuming thats the actual appearance is he/she inside a suit thats inside of a suit....

i find it interesting how they mixed realworld footage with animation
very unique style i guess
the nurse was a bit strange too
the thing with the shot was pretty strange too

crazy wierdness aside i think ill keep watching

Here's a cool new trippy show that incorporates psychology, I like. It's cool that it has a bit of live action in it. It's a bit random at times, but interesting nonetheless. I look forward to seeing what kind of ppl walk into Ichiru Irabu's office.

I am giving this show a chance and i must say it ain't bad. It is strange but in a fun way. Let's see what other "illnesses" show up
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 18 2009, 10:58 AM) I am giving this show a chance and i must say it ain't bad. It is strange but in a fun way. Let's see what other "illnesses" show up
biggrin.gif

I think you may like it if you watch with an open mind. And if you have questions or are puzzled about anything, nijlandp-san, you know where to reach me.
wink.gif
It will be fun to talk to you about it...the director for this series is quite talented as he also directed 2 other much loved series of mine, those being...Mononoke and Ayakashi a Japanese Classic Horror. If you have not watched those, you might want to consider doing so.
tongue.gif

The mindraep has arrived! I think my brain is doomed now.

Also, Fukuicchi is AWESOME.

Another fantastic episode, even funnier than the first. Im still wondering what the moral of this story was. The last episode was fairly simple. It was lack of trust and fear of strangers. This new episode is a little harder to figure out. It's OK to be nice but you can't let people take advantage of your kindness, maybe? Anyway, cant wait for the next episode of this bizarre joy ride.

My initial reactions:

Am I high?

This show is better than LSD. Has all the benefits without the side effects. IMO best show this season if you like mindf*ck shows.

BTW in ep. 2, anyone remember the scene where Tetsuya is lying in bed, looking at a picture? THE BULGE IN THE BLANKET IS HIS ERECTION. NOW YOU CAN'T UNSEE. LOL

Wow, they sure had plenty of fun with this episode. The rhino covered by a blanket with Mt. Fuji in the backdrop was priceless ^___^

Next up - OCD fun?

BTW I understood the Rhino representation of Tetsuya, but I still don't get that bird representation of Kohei. I didn't get what species it was first and foremost. [It couldn't have been a chicken]

Some kind of bird? Not sure - maybe one of those that's scared of people?
unsure.gif

In my opinion the animal faces represent how the characters should be.

Kohei was antisocial: He was represented as a penguin I believe. They are very social creatures that live in large groups. They are also fairly agile in the water which can be tied into his job at the circus.

Tetsuya let other people, especially women, take advantage of him: He was represented as a rhino. Rhinos are fairly docile creatures but they will charge when they feel threatened or provoked, probably meaning that he needed to stand up for himself. Oh, and also his "horn"
laugh.gif

Good observation on that, but I think the faces seem to represent what their problems are, like for instance, Tetsuya's raging erection represented by the Rhino and its horn. I may be wrong though, and if the bird representing Kohei really was a penguin [which it seems to be now that you mention it] I'd have to go with your interpretation.

Episode 3 is out. Although it wasn't as funny as the other 2 episode, it was still pretty interesting.

The symbolism of the animal head was a bit trickier this time around.
The only thing I could think of: Hoshiyama was at a stage of his life where he had done something so much that he was worried what he was writing was not fresh, it was obviously time to move on to other things. He was represented as a rooster/chicken. Rooster are very aware especially aware of time when they follow the rising of the sun. Maybe Hoshiyama needed to be aware that it was time to stop being a romance novelist.

I thought ep. 3 was a brilliant parody on popular writers. Up theirs! The rooster (or was that a hen, with the eggs and all?) comparison was pretty witty too. Mayumi-chan got some more lines, too...

BTW, if anyone thinks that Mayumi-chan (the nurse) is awesome, go vote her into the FTV league!!

BTW, hey, isn't the OP by the same people who did the Hakaba Kitarou OP?

Episode 5 was fantabulous! Definitely the high point so far. Also, can't wait for the next episode, a teenager cellphone addict. Hopefully this'll be as fun as this episode as well.

This is arguably the best comedy show this season with Sunred as the contender. [Aoi Bungaku falls under serious business category]

Also: BAAAANDDDOOOOOOOO

BTW has the 2009 mix of Shangri-la been released yet? I've been looping the old one for a while now and I want to hear the full version of the 2009 mix ASAP.

Seeing how there's no comments, I'm guessing most people were weirded out by the show and dropped it...

Still, for those who still care, episode 9 was brilliant (more than usual). I guess part of the charm was in the new BGM, but they also handled the subject matter pretty well.

TBH I'm expecting some sort of resolution for Irabu's disorder, since by now it's obvious that he has one.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back