Toshokan Sensō (Library Wars)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 01 2008, 08:40 PM) Haha geez biankita would you really be that pissed off if the story decided to have Kasahara choose to date the stuffed shirt Tezuka for a few episodes lol?
Well... My genre is primarily shoujo so I love things like that. Anyway, the thing that I like about KasaDojo us that they are kindred spirits.

As for making things interesting... anyone but that robot Tezuka (I seriously wouldn't even mind if it was that guy who laughs a lot - can't remember name for the moment). He's one of those annoying people who when complimented (like in the shooting range) said something like "Being a member of the Library Force, you have to be blah blah blah..." He's like a robot: I am here to serve and that's my point in life.
mad.gif
I mean... what the hell??? No personality much.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 01 2008, 08:40 PM)The thing that still disturbs/amuses me though is that you could get shot over a book?! Not just with a pistol but an actual machine (many more holes in your body XD) gun at that haha! I'm sorry but scaling down a wall under extreme gunfire to save a bag full of books is completely and utterly insane. It gives a whole new meaning to read or die  lmao gomen I couldn't help myself w/that reference.
I think it has something to do my generation (I was in high school in the mid-90s). I grew up on books and didn't get into the Internet until I was a junior in high school - up to that time, Internet is still not qualified as good sources of information. I'm a total bookworm and actually prefer it over e-books and stuff like that unless it's absolutely impossible for me to get anything else other than the Net. Anyway, I actually think that if things was like this, I'd probably be willing to get shot to protect a book. But that's just me.

EDIT: I just took a peek at episode 4 raw (what the hell makes me think i can understand japanese??? anyway, i'm happy kasahara dumped tezuka and the robot can smile .

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 29 2008, 12:49 PM) Its to be 12 episodes and not 13 episodes.
wink.gif

I just watched episode 02 and 03 and I must say this series is seriously good and I'm loving it in all ways. It reminds me of Nodame Cantabile, Kare Kano and Full Metal Panic in many respects.....which is definitely a good thing.
biggrin.gif

I laughed at the face Kasahara made when Tezuka asked her out...LMAO!! XD
laugh.gif

Now its specualtion time and I've got one, I'm thinking right after Kasahara "survives" the targeting of the important wheelchair dude. Dojou will perhaps evidently show that he was extremely worried by the ordeal and this will affect Kasahara's ultimate decision and might end up turning down Tezuka at the end. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR she doesn't notice it and she starts going out with Tezuka, while shortie, Dojou gets pissed off to extreme and while grinding his teeth seeing the 2 become a couple, which would be nice to see a little drama. But I doubt that and it might just be her turning Tezuka down.
wink.gif

Can't WAIT...LOL: -

Episode 04 - "Tosho Shireikan o Dakkai seyo" (図書司令官ヲ奪回セヨ) - 1st May 2008
lol great minds think alike!!! It also reminded me of Nodame Cantabile!!!! XDXD

Episode 4 was okay it had its funny moments here and there. I think the funniest part of the eppy was when Kasahara is allowed to speak on the phone by the kidnappers and starts talking about cancelling a restaurant reservation (there was a method to the madness she was giving a tip) and one of the lead officers was laughing in the background. Tezuka is like what is that girls heart made off lol (no fear yo! Kasa is one sughee chick XD).

Dojo was in angst for most of the episode blaming himself
dry.gif
lol. After the rescue is complete they have their mock fight back and forth arguing/comedy ensues. Ah too bad for Tezuka he got rejected by the the little firecracker but he didn't seem too shaken up about it. I think he asked her out more so for studying purposes (Dojo told him he could learn of few things from her) but it would have been funnier if he was revealed to be an closet ecchi-perv or something like that heheh XD.

I finally got around to watch the sub. Episode 4 was fun. As senpai-kun mentioned, it had really great comedic parts - especially her hostage phonecall. But the rescue was kinda disappointing. There could have been more action. I love Dojo's monologue about Kasahara being similar to him when he was younger.

*Happy* Kasahara dumped Tezuka. I really don't like that robot.

oh lord...I don't think I can take this anymore, I'm just gonna watch it RAW...and hopefully understand some stuff. T^T subs hurry up and save me!!!! >.<

Actually spiral_tc, episodes 1-4 are already subbed. episode 5 and other succeeding episodes come out sunday unless there's a change in the sched. however, you can watch it raw, but you won't be able to appreciate it unless you understand japanese because half the beauty of this show is the dialogue.

They look like Mac-10s with an extended barrel and a funky fore-end grip. A pretty crappy gun compared to the Media Improvement Squad's Heckler & Koch MP5s. The action in this show kind of reminds me of the old G.I. Joe cartoons I watched when I was a kid. A whole lot of shooting with hardly anyone getting hit.

I still like it, though. I'm more in it for Kasahara and Doujou than for anything else.

I wish in episode 4 she had been able to help more in the rescue. Because even her message in the phone call was pretty pointless once the tracker was activated. We know she's good at the Judo, so it would have been nice to see her toss one of the bad guys around instead of just covering the boss.

I have to say that I'm very interested in this series. I think they have a great concept to work with, freedom of expression vs censorship and all that jazz. The animation is not that bad; crisp and easy on the eyes. Add these two together, and we have a potentially great anime here folks.

My qualm on this show, however, is the fact that it has the tendency to be boring. So far, it's pretty interesting, but unless they start developing the story NOW, they're likely to botch up a good concept and become-what else-boring. Focus should be turned from the character to the story. There are rather cliche moments here and there, but otherwise, they're all tolerable.

EDIT: And on the animation, I'd love to see more action sequences and gun fights. Recent skirmishes between the Library Corp and the Media protection was quite blah :s

GEH REALLY?!!! 1-4 are actually subbed? Then is it just the links here are raw or something? Would it be possible for anyone to tell me where I could direct download the subbed version?

QUOTE (spiral_tc @ May 08 2008, 06:56 AM) GEH REALLY?!!! 1-4 are actually subbed? Then is it just the links here are raw or something? Would it be possible for anyone to tell me where I could direct download the subbed version?
spiral_tc: they're actually available on this site. just to go: http://anime.fansub.tv/series.php/1228/Toshokan%20Sensou/. All the subbed episodes are there.

Episode 5 is out in raw. Thank God I have a source for translation now... Hahaha...

Well, if you are watching this for the battles, this is not your episode. As the end of episode 4 mentioned, this is where Kasahara's parents comes to visit their daughter (apparently, the library corps give out passes for tours too). Anyway, this is a really funny episode. I'm actually quite surprised that Dojo, Komaki and Tezuka were willing to cover for her along with Shibasaki, especially since I expected them to encourage her to come out clean with her parents. Alas, my fangirl heart was not stimulated this episode, but there are tons of great moments involving the parents... but very few KasaDojo moments
sad.gif

EDIT: By the way, changes the ED has jsut been released. they're already available in anime music torrent sites.

Thankfully this series started to get some attention from the subbers, and not a moment too soon as now we're pretty much caught up on things with episode 5 in RAW coming out just a couple days ago.

The first thing that struck me in this series was it's new concept about censorship, and it reminds me of way back when I was a freshman in high school and was reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury; this makes me even more want to read the Library Wars novels, and hopefully someday they will be translated (or I'll become proficient in Japanese, whichever comes first
tongue.gif
).

Kasahara has a great character, and Maria Inoue does her very well. It's always great to see the exchanges between Kasahara and Dojo, and now it seems they're finally getting on the same page (spare the pun). And I think it should be obvious to everyone now that Dojo was the guy who saved her when she was in high school; there are multiple references in the anime already, and it's only episode 4. I just can't wait to see Dojo finally admit to it, and to see Kasahara's reaction. And now we see at the end of episode 4 that Dojo actually sent that unfinished post card of Kasahara's which is how they found out about her working for the Library Force; next episode's sure to be great, and for all we know, her parents may even be able to see her in action if the censorship committee makes a surprise attack.

Also, I wonder if this anime is only an adaptation of the first novel in the light novel series, since only the first novel is called Toshokan Sensou. If that's true, then maybe we can hope for the next novel to be adapted as well, Toshokan Nairan (Library Rebellion), if the DVD sales for this series go well. I definitely want to see more than just 12 episodes, as I think there's more than enough material for at least another season or two.

Last thing is the music; I love the OP/ED, and have listened to the ED single a few times already since it came out yesterday; really awesome bands. (*_*)b

QUOTE (biankita @ May 09 2008, 11:07 AM)EDIT: By the way, changes the ED has jsut been released. they're already available in anime music torrent sites.
Oh yeaha! baseball bear gotta love the name and (really like their song dramatic) changes is pretty good I'm gonna go download it so I can hear the full version.

Episode 5 was pretty funny to me. I gotta say I'm starting to become an even bigger Kasahara fanboy she is freakin hilarious. I liked how they incorporated in so many of her crazy faces w/the really big eyes and the nani?! face was priceless XD. She comes in second to crazy silly nodame face lolz.

Now I'm will say that at least for me it was pretty obvious that Kasa papa knew that she was in the task force. I'm not totally for certain when he knew but my gut tells me it was before he told Kasa momma that she should start reading the early editions of the magazine first (man he saved Kasa's butt big time much props pops! good looking out). He was real stern/strict with her but a sharp old geezer nonetheless. I also really like Shibasaki she likes screwing with Kasa (was amused when Kasa grabbed her tie and pressed her up against the bookshelf she was really assertive it was kinda hawt bwhaha & ha!) but umm ya she has her back for sure & you gotta respect that.

I just downloaded bbb's changes album and it's so awsome~ XD here's the place for anyone that couldn't find it: http://ureshi-now.com/search/label/JPN%20Music

hope you all love it as much as I do~ XDXD

is it just me or are the subs not showing up for me?! OTL I downloaded from fansub.tv but there's still no sub for me, or is it because they're mkv? @_TT someone save me?

The subtitles in MKVs are most of the time so-called "softsubs", which means that they aren't embedded in the video and must be rendered by your computer. Just use Media Player Classic or ZoomPlayer and you'll be ok (in MPC config, one of VMR7, VMR9 or Haali Renderer must be enabled). You can read the existing topics about that in the Episode Playback Help sub-forum if you still have problems. This thread isn't a technical support thread...

About Toshokan Sensou, I really like the way the story is headed, and the art/animation is really enjoyable. I like how the characters change episode after episode, while still being the same lol (like Kasahara who is still so childish in many situations).
If you people are right, there are only 12 episodes... Meh.
dry.gif

sad.gif

Watched episode 4 and 5.....a bit late...I guess.
wink.gif

Anyways as Senpai said her facial expressions are priceless, particularly the one where she "lost a lot of life" and was in "DANGER!", when her mother was about to check the book, which revealed that she was part of the Task Force Department. I also love the scene that followed it, when her mother just gave a clean elbow-thrust into the side of her ribs...which resulted in her "death" only to be rescued by her one and only father. LMAO!! XD
laugh.gif
That whole scene was CLASSIC and it was nice to know that her father knew at the end what her real job was. KasaharaxDoujou.....loving it!!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Hehe, this is actually quite funny. I would say, if you like Pumpkin Scissors, then you'll like this one. They are very similar in layout and have equally far fetched backgrounds. , hehe. I couldn't stop from laughing at the shinanigans Kasahara in episode 5. In the end, Oto-san was a lot more sly than he appeared. Although, I guess he somewhat understands his daughter in the fact that from appearances, ca-san is a stay at home wife that probably never worked in anything other than part time jobs and the house, while to-san is a salary man, like his daughter. Will be keeping an eye on this one to see how things pan out.

In episode 6 did anyone else find it weird that the name of the book was converted? Wouldn't the name of the book be the same everywhere in the world since it's a title? I mean is the book called Celsius 233 in places where Fahrenheit isn't generally used? I had to check to make sure that 505 Kelvin was equal to 451 Fahrenheit since it's obvious the book of prophecy was Fahrenheit 451. Actually 451 F converts to 506 K, but I guess I can let that slide..............But I guess it was a clever way to include the book in the show without actually saying it's real name.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 19 2008, 10:59 PM) In episode 6 did anyone else find it weird that the name of the book was converted?  Wouldn't the name of the book be the same everywhere in the world since it's a title?  I mean is the book called Celsius 233 in places where Fahrenheit isn't generally used?  I had to check to make sure that 505 Kelvin was equal to 451 Fahrenheit since it's obvious the book of prophecy was Fahrenheit 451.  Actually 451 F converts to 506 K, but I guess I can let that slide..............But I guess it was a clever way to include the book in the show without actually saying it's real name.
Yeah Barbo that is pretty interesting I thought about that briefly when watching the episode but nothing as in-depth as you... well not enough to go do the proper research
tongue.gif

I wasn't really a fan of episode 6 to be honest it took a step back from the previous one. Kasahara didn't really get a chance to do standout or do her thing this episode since it was in large part flashback-centric. It was more of a let's show how Dojo and Kasa's backgrounds are similar side story of sorts. I suppose they need sufficient reasoning for pairing those two together down the road. It was basically let's show how head-strong they both were/are which was a little bit of a yawner but oh well. Sometimes you get these kinds of episodes I'm still fairly high on the series regardless.

After reading the reviews/postings in this forum, I decided to check this series out. After watching the 1st episode up to now, I gotta say Library Wars was ok. I don't know, but I don't find myself excited for this show. I guess probably because it's kinda boring in some parts of the episodes. However, the characters are very interesting to watch.

I think my thoughts probably would have changed if I have read Fahrenheit 451 (since I didn't read this in high school or college), but I'm not a fan of reading books. Anyway, the storyline and animation is good and there are some good moments in the show. Since it's not terrible, it's interesting enough to keep me watching it to see what will happen.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back