Tokyo Ghoul

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
This adaptation is slowly aping DEEN_FSN as the worst adaptation ever made.

If anyone ever had any trust in Studio Pierrot before this, I am sure that true fans of Tokyo Ghoul will never touch anything Pierrot produces ever again.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Sep 17 2014, 06:14 AM) This adaptation is slowly aping DEEN_FSN as the worst adaptation ever made.

If anyone ever had any trust in Studio Pierrot before this, I am sure that true fans of Tokyo Ghoul will never touch anything Pierrot produces ever again.
I consider it one of the better shows airing this season. At least one of the more entertaining one.

Also "true fans" is such a stupid concept just so people can say they like something more than someone else, making them superior.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Sep 17 2014, 05:00 PM) I consider it one of the better shows airing this season.  At least one of the more entertaining one.
Also "true fans" is such a stupid concept just so people can say they like something more than someone else, making them superior.
I concur Barbo-san.

Never read the manga, doubt I ever will. I enjoyed the series for what it was and was entertained. It too has been one of my favorites of this particular summer season.

Dark, emotional, creepy funny (well, with certain characters). Anyway, all the characters have been of interest to me and while 12 episodes was not enough, maybe, just maybe, we might get a second season or some OVAS to wrap things up cause it seems there is just no way to have one final episode leave us fans hanging.
wink.gif

8/10

Ahhhh man....this episode was going sooooo damn good because they were going at the right pace and then they changed that very important scene from the manga from it being the choice of whether to kill the mother or son (a little kid, who's like 8 years old) into killing either the man or woman, who are in love with each other......the scene doesn't have the same level of impact. Anyways, I haven't finished the episode, I just posted this as soon as I saw the change.

*Rings a Bell* Bring Out Yer dead! wait... that is Monty Python.. Moving Along >.>
Tokyo Ghoul Review!
Originally 1 of the series that was blacklisted for me (Didn't like the story setting)..sadly forced to watch till episode 10 *Don't ask why* at which point.. ah why not watch it to the end?
I have not read the manga, so I don't know what the origin really is, maybe I'll read it in the weekend.
Either way when it comes to the story, this felt a lot like Nanana's Buried Treasure. AKA being a introduction, seeing as it had on multiple fronts a open end. At which point... well, I feel forced to read the manga, only to know how it continues... which is just annoying as hell, as I don't know if it would even help from this point.
Characters wise : I only came to understand, Kaneki, during the last episode -.- , more importantly, I somehow forgot about all the other characters until I watched ep 11 again, which again... open end.

Overall, my rating for Tokyo Ghoul : 6,6/10
Animation: 9/10 (Good animation, can't argue with that).
Story: 5/10 (I don't know the manga, but from the point of view in Anime... It was a bloody introduction!).
Characters: 6/10 (I just couldn't keep track with most of them, only Mado and Hinami to be honest).

It is a introduction!? Would not be surprised... (F.Y.I) I honestly got 0% knowledge of the manga and the original story, so don't hold my comments against me.

Just finished it, yea the fight was kinda awesome to see but it won't get rid of my disappointment of how they butchered and then did re-constructive surgery of the manga's material at a back alley by a fake-ass doctor from Romania.

If only they took their time with this series, there was no need to fit in ~ 70 chapters in 12 episodes, the series had already pulled an audience because the manga is already incredibly popular and after the first episode, this series became one of the most talked about animes during the early period for the right reasons and then the anime decided to take the Shinkansen to hell. As for why they would do such a thing, there could be any number of reasons to mis-use such a great story and a lot of conspiracy theories related to the fact that the manga ended today.

I'm still going to rate this series pretty high, it would have been a perfect score but how they handled the pacing takes away 2 points from it (it would have been more but that OP is just awesome and that one track from the OST is fantastic). Hence, I'm giving the Tokyo Ghoul anime an 8/10.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Sep 18 2014, 01:55 PM) Just finished it, yea the fight was kinda awesome to see but it won't get rid of my disappointment of how they butchered and then did re-constructive surgery of the manga.
I'm still going to rate this series pretty high, it would have been a perfect score but how they handled the pacing takes away 2 points from it (it would have been more but that OP is just awesome and that one track from the OST is fantastic). Hence, I'm giving the Tokyo Ghoul anime an 8/10.
Glad I don't read manga since it would just spoil my entertainment factor due to comparing the anime adaptation to the manga. I would get annoyed, distracted, and just have no fun at all watching the shows I find worth watching were they not adapted according to one's own expectations.

In my opinion, despite wanting to see what happened to the rest of the gang, it ended with a bang.
Kaneki-kun, finally, and with Rize's help, becomes the beautiful, ghoulish white haired monster he was meant to be.

Lithe, strong, calm, and composed, as the beautifully animated fight ensues,  while the great theme song plays in the background, K-kun humiliates that monster, Jason.

I was hoping to watch him grind the beast into the floor...but alas, one simply cannot have it all. 
wink.gif

Regarding the change of who Kaneki had to choose between I have one question for the manga readers, was the mother and child he had to choose between in the manga people he knew at all? Or were they complete strangers? I liked how the anime used the people that Kaneki was really putting his faith in at the time since he had noone else to put his faith in. These people were potentially the only hope Kaneki had at the time and for things to do such a 180 when he was given the impossible choice made it so good.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Sep 19 2014, 09:26 PM) Regarding the change of who Kaneki had to choose between I have one question for the manga readers, was the mother and child he had to choose between in the manga people he knew at all? Or were they complete strangers? I liked how the anime used the people that Kaneki was really putting his faith in at the time since he had noone else to put his faith in.  These people were potentially the only hope Kaneki had at the time and for things to do such a 180 when he was given the impossible choice made it so good.
Answer from what I remember - Yea, they are people he knew, they're from Banjou's crew that were part of Anti-Aogiri, a rebellion group that was trying to escape Aogiri Tree along with Kaneki......this entire plot point was removed from the anime. The mother and son were Kei and Kouto. I'm not sure if you want me to describe how their deaths went down, it was pretty tragic.

Barbo, I think you should check out the manga.

the last action, by white haired kaneki fighting jason was really cool, adding with awesome opening song at the background, its really was an amazing scene in this anime.

QUOTE (Death_The_Kid @ Sep 25 2014, 11:06 PM) why episode 13 is not there yet?
sad.gif

Cause there is no episode 13. Tokyo Ghoul ended with episode 12.

Woo. Season 2 is now officially announced (by a more credible source than a chinese streaming site that took down the news after a day).

Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 Confirmation

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2014, 02:20 PM) Woo. Season 2 is now officially announced (by a more credible source than a chinese streaming site that took down the news after a day).

Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 Confirmation
I'm looking forward to it despite my problems with the first season and it's nice that it's coming in January.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2014, 07:20 AM)Woo.  Season 2 is now officially announced (by a more credible source than a chinese streaming site that took down the news after a day).

Good news indeed and if season II proves just as riveting as this little teaser...well, we are in for a great second season. ^^

A friend on MAL posted this on my wall...sharing the link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRr10QYQCU4

The sound effects at the end of the trailer are something, yes?
wink.gif

Thanks for the trailer Yaya. I'm so happy that the manga is getting a sequel too.

Tokyo Ghoul √A, let the gore censorship keep going...

Title: Tokyo Ghoul √A
Japanese: 東京喰種-トーキョーグール- √A
Airing date: 8/1/2015 (TV series 2nd cour, 12 episodes) & 4/1/2015 (premiere screening at TOHO Cinemas, Nihonbashi)
Genres: Dark fantasy, Action, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Supernatural, Tragedy
Original creator: Sui Ishida
Director: Shuhei Morita
Written by: Chūji Mikasano
Music by: Yutaka Yamada
Character designer: Kazuhiro Miwa
Sound director: Noboru Haraguchi
Executive producer: Gen Fukunaga
Studio: Pierrot
Network: Tokyo MX, TVO, TVA, TVQ, MRO, Dlife, AT-X
Opening theme: "Munō (無能 Incompetence)" by österreich
ED theme: "Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku (季節は次々死んでいく Seasons Dying One After Another)" by Amazarashi
Main cast ghouls: CCG humans:
Ken Kaneki (金木 研) / Haise Sasaki (佐々木 琲世) voiced by Natsuki Hanae
Tōka Kirishima (霧嶋 董香) voiced by Sora Amamiya
Nishiki Nishio (西尾 錦) voiced by Shintarō Asanuma
Shū Tsukiyama (月山 習) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Hinami Fueguchi (笛口 雛実) voiced by Sumire Morohoshi
Ayato Kirishima (霧嶋 絢都) voiced by Yūki Kaji
Yoshimura (芳村) voiced by Takayuki Sugō
Uta (ウタ) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Itori (イトリ) voiced by Ayahi Takagaki
Commision of Counter Ghoul: Hideyoshi Nagachika (永近 英良) voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga
Kōtarō Amon (亜門 鋼太朗) voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi
Jūzō Suzuya (鈴屋 什造) voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Supporting cast: Taishi Fura (富良 太志)
Quinxes: Kuki Urie (瓜江 久生)
Ginshi Shirazu (不知 吟士)
Tōru Mutsuki (六月 透)
Saiko Yonebayashi (米林 才子)

Akira Madō (真戸 暁) voiced by Asami Seto
Take Hirako (平子 丈) voiced by Takayuki Kondō
Ghouls: Kurona Yasuhisa (安久 黒奈) voiced by Aoi Yūki
Nashiro Yasuhisa (安久 奈白) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Donato Porpora (ドナート・ポルポラ) voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue
Tatara (タタラ) voiced by Kōji Yusa
Naki (ナキ) voiced by Hiro Shimono
Eto (エト) voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
Humans 1st cour: Kureo Madō (真戸 呉緒) voiced by Tōru Ōkawa
Yukinori Shinohara (篠原 幸紀) voiced by Yutaka Nakano
Itsuki Marude (丸手 斎) voiced by Yūji Ueda
Kōsuke Hōji (法寺 項介) voiced by Shō Hayami
Seidō Takizawa (滝澤 政道) voiced by Shinnosuke Tachibana
Kishō Arima (有馬 貴将) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa
Ghouls 1st cour: Rize Kamishiro (神代 利世) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Renji Yomo (四方 蓮示) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
Nico (ニコ) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda
Kazuichi Banjō (万丈 数壱) voiced by Kentarō Itō
Yakumo Ōmori (大守 八雲) / Yamori "Jason" (ヤモリ "ジェイソン")http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/images/chara/yamori_02.png voiced by Rintarō Nishi
Imagine-Nation review: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ix2zbzcfRTo?rel=0&autoplay=1
PV
Official website:
http://www.marv.jp/special/tokyoghoul/

Synopsis: Second season of Tokyo Ghoul series. During the physical and mental tortures he suffers at the hands of Jason, Kaneki comes to accept his ghoul-half and fights back.

QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 18 2014, 02:27 PM)blacklisted for me (Didn't like the story setting)..sadly forced to watch till episode 10 *Don't ask why* at which point.. ah why not watch it to the end?as posted I'll wait until S2 ends too, ep.1 just premiered at japanese theaters
ohmy.gif

QUOTE Barbobot:
I consider it one of the better shows airing this season.  At least one of the more entertaining one.
Agree...season II has been just as entertaining. With regards to your pm, I liked what you had to say about the series inspiring one to care about some of the characters especially for me in these last three episodes.

Beautifully executed is all I have got to say regardless of the naysayers who read the manga and then proceed to rip into the animated version. You know of what I speak Barbo-san...if you venture over to one of the other sites you and I both visit...well, one would think it was the end of the world the way some carry on regarding Kaneki-kun and company.
rolleyes.gif

Whatever...
tongue.gif

Now then...

Juzo gets a hat tip from me the way he tried and tried and tried. I have always liked that cute little crazy-eyed character.

Handsome, noble, smoldering hot but dense, Amon gets a heartfelt sigh the way he battled against the noble but tragic figure that is Kaneki-kun, their fight being beautifully animated, btw.

Last but certainly not least, the best for me was the final scene (before closing out)...the fateful but wonderful "one last time" encounter (at least I hope so) between a loving papa and his crazy little one.

*Rings a Bell* Bring Out Yer dea-.. wait...I've already done that before.. Moving Along >.>
Tokyo Ghoul √A
Looking back at my comments of the first season.. This one was far more worst..Sure everyone has their own opinion. But I couldn't keep track of anything after episode 3! Plus! I did not understand a single thing of the ending! which even then , if I knew what it was leading towards.. Would have still been terrible from my point of view.
I still haven't touched the Manga or read up about it, so again : don't hold my comments against me.

Overall, my rating for Tokyo Ghoul √A: 5,3/10
Animation: 9/10 (Good animation, can't argue with that *Again*).
Story: 3/10 (If there was a clear story line that anyone could follow, without reading the manga, then I missed it, that is to say *IF* the manga would have even been of help)
Characters: 4/10 (I still don't know what to think about all those characters that came and go)

About this Series.. I like to keep you all in mind, that I've followed this series each week up to episode 11 and afterwards watched both first season + the 2nd season 11 episodes in a chain yesterday, to have as much understanding as possible. Clearly failed wouldn't you say? on my part / the series, I don't care, I'm completely done with series and have no interest in the manga what so ever. No offense to the people that enjoyed/liked this series, it's all from my personal point of view.

Hahahaha all that Ken talk from NoTakes is a bit disturbing, it reminds me about how (Psycho Pass) Togane kept saying he wanted to dye Tsunemori black xD.

I just finished the anime and started re-reading RE: from the start. Too much to do, was saving the second season for when i could relax and do a single sitting :S

I'm rooting for Ishida to get a third season running.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back