to Love ru

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Oh man, I can't help but feel bad for the guy...

Like Kid-Wolf said, I think the ending fits the cause. This way it can be continued after everything is sorted out.

But man... what a bitch of wife, poor guy.

Well it would be nice if he picks this series back up and all after this mess calms down. Although even if he does any newer works I'm fine with it either way of course.

I found that the author left enough room to continue the series further on if they ever decide to pick it up again. But if they don't then the ending was quite disappointing, I wanted the author to be more decisive and just go here is the girl that Rito is sticking with. (I would personnally prefer if it was Haruna his first love)

As much as I want to read To-Love-Ru again...I hope Yabuki to fully recover from his broken marriage and and other problems he's facing first, before lifting his pen to draw again. I think it would be too cruel to have him drawing romance relationship when his ex-wife just screwed him over.

I really wish he will find a genuine loving, caring woman to become his partner and to take care of his three years old daughter, so that he would have more energy to focus on his work.

Didn't know that about him, I feel for him and hope that he does meet someone that can make him happy again. When he does I hope that he brings more good manga to us all.

Somehow I was disappointed with the manga. I heard its so much better than the anime, but that totally was a lie. The Anime is far better.
The manga was just, slow und lousy. Almost only 1-Chapter-storys who were over before they even began. And it was always the same, over and over again. Everything felt as if it was done in a rush just to make a new chapter. I didnt feel finished, just done without heart.
Many of the characters were nothing more than just there, too. I really wanted to see more of Akiho and Yuu. They were interesting too.
I hoped it had more of a story and I somehow wished that Rito one day would stop beeing such a looser and whimp. But that didnt happen.

In the end the manga couldve been really good with all that different characters, but it was done very bad. Almost near Princess Lover bad.
The Anime did a far better job.

Oh and the thing with Lala removing the memorys came way to fast. She just came and already wanted to remove them. At the end of the manga it wouldve been better to do that.

I know it failed. But at the beginning of the story this was just useless. At wouldve been much better at the end of the manga. There would be more impact then.

Well that .5 was a waste of time.
sleep.gif
"

The way it started I was expecting some kind of actual ending, but it wa just som fanservice colored crap.

Whatever man.

Well at least he's regretting the harem he inadvertently caused in the end of it all. Never the less it brings a little bit of closure never the less.

.5 was probably the best chapter until now.
Only seeing the cute girls is better than trying to make a chapter with a plot again. The mangaka just couldnt do that successfully from the beginning in To Love-ru so he shouldnt even try to create a plot.
So making a chapter with no plot was the best idea.

how many chapter does rito turn into riko what chapter does he turn into her?

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 02 2009, 06:19 PM)Somehow I was disappointed with the manga. I heard its so much better than the anime, but that totally was a lie. The Anime is far better.
The manga was just, slow und lousy. Almost only 1-Chapter-storys who were over before they even began. And it was always the same, over and over again. Everything felt as if it was done in a rush just to make a new chapter. I didnt feel finished, just done without heart.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 20 2010, 01:05 PM).5 was probably the best chapter until now.
Only seeing the cute girls is better than trying to make a chapter with a plot again. The mangaka just couldnt do that successfully from the beginning in To Love-ru so he shouldnt even try to create a plot.
So making a chapter with no plot was the best idea.

I completely disagree with both the points of anime being good and manga being bad comparatively. I started reading manga after watching anime and seeing that nothing is happening in anime .... well i havent read the whole manga yet, just started somewhere in between and enjoyed all the chapters. I think i read last 30-40 chapters, i guess.In anime especially in ova only just ecchi things and nudity is present but in each chapter importance was given to each individual i felt. This doesnt mean that i didnt enjoyed the anime but i definitely enjoyed manga more than anime. Somehow ending was expected to be of that manner only still i had hoped of having some really nice and decisive ending and really felt like these chapter just should keep on coming like that.

Hmm... I can agree and disagree with pieces from both arguements here. The anime wasn't better, but I can't go as far as saying the manga was "so much" better than the anime, because it's not. Yes, if compared it is the better choice, but not to the point where I'd put it on equal manga/anime comparisons as I would many other series. The manga itself started strong, and then strayed so much in the middle of things that it lost too much popularity to ever recover. It was a good 100+ chapters of no progress from what I can remember... and when the author finally started to move, it was too late; and we got a crappy rushed ending that completely ruined the entire series.

Well if personal issues from the author didn't come up it could of ended on a better note, or it would of been one of those harem series that would of kept on going.

Anyways the anime is ok, but it could of been a bit better, but then again they probably wanted to see the uncut version on DVD. Aside from tat the OVAs aren't fully redeeming it but tend to follow the line of the manga.

If you only see the TV series then the anime is far better. But ok the OVAs really are only there for ecchi, especially the one at the beach.

But the TV series at least had a story, unlike the manga. The manga were completely random ecchi without story. And even without the personal issues of the mangaka I dont think it wouldve gotten better.
And in my eyes the character development was better in the anime.
The only thing that was better in the Manga was the big plant (until the point it turned into a baby). I wonder why they left her out of the anime.

But still the biggest question is how this manga couldve been done by the same mangaka that did the awesome Black Cat manga. I wonder why he got so shitty all of a sudden. After all he showed us in Black Cat that he can make a manga with Plot. I really had wished he wouldve tried that with To Love-ru too.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 03 2010, 09:34 AM) But still the biggest question is how this manga couldve been done by the same mangaka that did the awesome Black Cat manga. I wonder why he got so shitty all of a sudden. After all he showed us in Black Cat that he can make a manga with Plot. I really had wished he wouldve tried that with To Love-ru too.
That's because Yabuki is only responsible for drawing the To-Love-Ru manga, while the story is by another person.

I think he doesn't want to have to burn his brain cells writing up a story, but just want to do what he enjoy doing the most- drawing cute girls naked/fanservicing
tongue.gif

If you are after a plot in To-Love-Ru, then you are probably gonna get disappointed. Like it was said in the Bakuman manga, "To-Love-Ru is like the equivalent of adult manga...in the shounen (young boys) manga magazine".

Oh well, I'll be reading Mayoi Neko Overrun to fill in as my To-Love-Ru substitute, even if it is just one chapter a month. Yabuki is doing his best to ensure that he would not miss any opportunties to provide fanservice for his version of adoptation from the light novel
laugh.gif

For those who are unfamiliar with Mayoi Neko Overrun:
http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/2009/12/3...i-neko-overrun/

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back