To Aru Majutsu no Index III

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (perimiter @ Oct 14 2008, 10:59 AM) about all the above you are all missing a fact that his powers dont really come from his hand but they are just his powers as an esper index said it herself i quote

If I remember correctly, Index said that as the reason for him not being able to use magic. Kamijo originally thought the reason he couldn't use magic was because of his ability to use his right hand to supposedly cancel supernatural powers, but Index used what you quoted to say that espers in general can't use magic.

By the way, nice videos you found there Marine, they seem so random and funny.

QUOTE so you two are saying he should learn a new psychic ability and master it completely in a month's time while everytime else in that town had to train for years as students to get where they're at?
Actually thats just you saying that. If magic takes so long to learn and master then why is his teacher about to heal index?
But then again this is coming from the person who suggested he learn some h2h which would take about the same ammount of time to master.
dry.gif
dry.gif
goofed up there

QUOTE please. at least find a valid arguement as to why they should totally ignore what they said the entire time in the first two episodes; which is his hand cancels ALL abilities, even his own
as said above. It would be boring, Also how could he cancel his own ability? nullify his power to nullify (or did i read that wrong)

Kl now I know why they had him leave the room.
rolleyes.gif
soz I was just asking about that.

QUOTE Note: whats his power supposed to evolve into? a blast? get real, his power is to CANCEL MAGIC; he cant use that to harm someone, and its impossible for him to use anything else, which was like the very first important statement index told him

Which leads me to the question, why would I want to follow a story about someone who has no real power but to put everyone on equal terms, There has to be something more. Otherwise the anime would have functioned perfectly well without him, Some nice magical battles
tongue.gif

His ability is to cancel magic. That is not anything special. What about people who use earth spells and pour 2 tonnes of cement on his head.. does his power stop that cement? as cement is not magical
Now im questioning it myself, why would I want to watch a hero who has no real powers and will not evolve. The main reason populaur series series such as D gray man - naruto - bleach- yu yu hak- have succeeded is because the characters and power evolves. If he is strong enough as he is now...no development.. the show should be over by episode 5 when they burn the church down.
blink.gif

Then what is the point of the 103,000 books...
blink.gif

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 14 2008, 03:19 AM)
P.s what is MxO?? .. sounds interesting.

ill send you a message with links.

QUOTE When i said his arm would be sliced off, I meant that a katana is not magic and its is not a good idea to block one with your hand.
how do you know its not magic? index's clothes were magic, maybe the katana is to? he might not beable to block it with his bare hand, but he can block it with sumthing and then touch it, thus shattering it like the clothes
tongue.gif
(altho i do seriously doubt im right here lol)

QUOTE Note: whats his power supposed to evolve into? a blast? get real, his power is to CANCEL MAGIC; he cant use that to harm someone, and its impossible for him to use anything else, which was like the very first important statement index told him
its just an example. maybe he can learn to focus it or control his power(like turning it on or off at will)then he can use magic. or if a spell or sumthing is used against him, maybe instead of negating it he can bounce it back. i mean, he cant just end every fight with a punch. it doesnt look like he is a big street fighter so he needs sum kind of offense. and as for her important statement, she has no idea how his power works and doesnt know much about it, she didnt think he could destroy her clothes, but he did. therefore there is no garuntee that he cant use magic or other abilities. and i bet with his ability he could harm sum1 with it, what if they have a magical pacemaker!(on the outside of there body) he could touch that and it would definetly harm them
tongue.gif

QUOTE he never had to run off as he did...
we dont know WHY he ran off, he said he needed to find a phone, even tho im sure that was a lie, maybe he went looking for sumone or sumthing.

QUOTE about all the above you are all missing a fact that his powers dont really come from his hand but they are just his powers as an esper index said it herself i quote
QUOTE Its not your right hand but its that youre an esper

QUOTE If I remember correctly, Index said that as the reason for him not being able to use magic. Kamijo originally thought the reason he couldn't use magic was because of his ability to use his right hand to supposedly cancel supernatural powers, but Index used what you quoted to say that espers in general can't use magic.
were not even sure if he is an esper, hes a level 0(which im guessing is just a label that means he has 0 esper talent) all we know is his right hand cancels everything, he could be in a third class thats all his own, |Espers|Mages|Him| animes like to throw curve balls like that. And i still think the glove idea would work. Index said his luck was being destroyed because his hand was in contact with the air.

QUOTE Actually thats just you saying that. If magic takes so long to learn and master then why is his teacher about to heal index?
But then again this is coming from the person who suggested he learn some h2h which would take about the same ammount of time to master. goofed up there
Then what is the point of the 103,000 books...
Exactly...

Sidenote, why 103,000? thats an odd number. whats with the extra 3000 books? why not jusy 100,000 or 103,001? no way 103,000 super secert magic books were made, its not like the 103,000th book was made and then every1 agreed, "ok, thats it, thats enough books, no1 make anymore! lets leave it at this super weird number to bug Uz3r013"

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 15 2008, 12:28 AM) <snip>
wrong, pay attention during the episode pls; the magic spell the teacher is about to use is a rare one from those 103k volumes, thats all; she in no way is going to learn/memorize magic in a month, and if it came down to that you can learn how to throw a good punch in a day as well; same thing

second; if you seriously still dont get why he shouldn't/can't learn other magic powers drop the show because your obviously one of those people who doesn't pay much attention to the details in dialog

third; ummm... no. what we need is simply a good plot; not all anime has to revolve around some protag being all powerfull; the whole point of this anime is to show how he struggles to protect index against whomever is after her; as for saying his power isn't anything special, way to be naive; if you can stop a giant flaming fireball just by putting out your hand, or simply cancel out a huge flaming golem thats pretty amazing imo

as for why YOU would watch this series, i dont know; you seem to be more into the childish shows like naruto, bleach, DBZ; stuff where its a constant effect of lame having the characters go back and forth in power ups... or at least so it seems to me going by your post; there is more than simply one type of action and this isn't a shounen jump based anime (thank god), its clear you have never watched SnS nor any other anime where the lead fights without special powers against those who have them

oh and Uz3r013; it was made clear that espers cant learn magic, he is a level 0 esper, this was mentioned in the first freaking episode; the girl he fought was a level 5 in their school, and he said he was a level 0 so she would go easy on him like she did the other 0s; now maybe his ranking is off, or he had an inaccurate reading done (who knows) but fact is he said it himself, so no he is not going to learn magic; and i doubt the glove idea would work, unless they get some high level esper to make him a special one
dry.gif
i think hes a level 0 because he cant control his powers at all, considering he unconsciously focuses all his powers into his hand. 0 control anyone?

Edit @ Vice: well shounen jump gets tiring after a while, it has maybe one manga that i read, if even that i cant remember since i dropped them all (bleach, naruto, ect) the whole back and forth power ups are completely mindless after 250+ chapters of it, but yeah thats my opinion on it
tongue.gif
i'm going to go download the novels and see if he learns anything; but my money is still on him relying on his allies a lot

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Oct 15 2008, 04:24 PM) oh and Uz3r013; it was made clear that espers cant learn magic, he is a level 0 esper, this was mentioned in the first freaking episode; the girl he fought was a level 5 in their school, and he said he was a level 0 so she would go easy on him like she did the other 0s; now maybe his ranking is off, or he had an inaccurate reading done (who knows) but fact is he said it himself, so no he is not going to learn magic; and i doubt the glove idea would work, unless they get some high level esper to make him a special one
dry.gif

Nope he won't learn magic and he won't get any power up or that his power spreads (They made that pretty clear as well with all the hints pointing towards his right hand as well as the OP).

What I am pretty sure off is the usual save the girl theme but it still seems he can get in trouble even with his nullifying power which would suggest he has to use his head to get out of trouble anyway

I won't say that shounen jump sucks that's your opinion but this is a good break from them all.

well everyone has a fair point, on the side note about his power I wonder will it suck if he can send it back e.g. suck it up then throw it bac... nah that'll be lame

Anyway on another note I wonder will it be possible for him to spread the nullifying effects to anything he's holding, like say a bat????

but as for the h2h well it would be interesting but he probably only get the bare basics and that'll take sometime still, so my guess would be this series may involve him using his head to outsmart his opponent as some of your said earlier.

still any interesting anime, I'll keep an eye on this one for sure.

QUOTE (never_ending @ Oct 15 2008, 09:57 AM) well everyone has a fair point, on the side note about his power I wonder will it suck if he can send it back e.g. suck it up then throw it bac... nah that'll be lame

Anyway on another note I wonder will it be possible for him to spread the nullifying effects to anything he's holding, like say a bat????

but as for the h2h well it would be interesting but he probably only get the bare basics and that'll take sometime still, so my guess would be this series may involve him using his head to outsmart his opponent as some of your said earlier.

still any interesting anime, I'll keep an eye on this one for sure.
see, i can agree with you on the bat thing; thats something i can see happening... because unlike the magic idea its actually possible, and the most likely one to happen yet... for instance hed rank up (learn to control his esper powers, thus get a higher rank:1,2,3 ect) resulting in him being able to cover objetcs hes holding or even put up a shield with his nullifying powers instead of there being no control (like now)... which is probably why he only has it in his hand

I rewatched episode 1, and i realized sumthing. right before he destroys index's clothes, where did the knife go? she has it in her hand, then she puts he hands on her hips, sort of behind her back(with the knife) and when he charges her to destroy her clothes, the knife is mysteriously gone.

it doesnt appear in the room anytime after that scene...

only thing i can think of is like a magician (not a mage) she hid it in her butt!(sleight of hand?)

Episode 2, after the fight with firemagedude why didnt the hat shatter? he said the power in it was erased, but shouldnt it disintegrate like the robes?

Also, why didnt the robes get destroyed again when he touched them when he grabbed her when she was falling over or when he was carrying her on his back.

Only thing i can think of is, that he does have sum control over his ability. maybe the first time, because he was angry it was more powerful and overloaded the clothes, and the 2nd time around he was more calm/careful so he only erased their magic ability... there are alot of plot holes in this anime.

and i still want to know whats the deal with the powerless loli teacher who is old enough to hit on her students, drink and smoke... and how is doing a Columbus egg a punishment? its a bar trick.

@Uz3r013: Regarding the knife; that isn't a plot hole, it's an inconsistency. Who cares what happened to the knife? Regarding the clothes getting destroyed: He already destroyed the magic of the clothes, including the hat. They're just plain clothes now, that's why index was able to be stabbed. Therefore, he can touch the clothes and the hat with nothing happening. He just doesn't have other clothes he can give her, and she repaired the clothes by putting clothespins in them - but because she isn't a mage herself she can't replace the magic, just the put the cloth back together.
Once again, no plot hole
happy.gif

Oh, regarding the Columbus's Egg thing: if you don't know the trick to it, then it would be very time consuming and frustrating trying to figure it out. As such it could be considered a punishment, similar to sitting in the corner and starring at a wall.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Oct 15 2008, 02:46 PM)@Uz3r013:  Regarding the knife; that isn't a plot hole, it's an inconsistency.  Who cares what happened to the knife?  Regarding the clothes getting destroyed:  He already destroyed the magic of the clothes, including the hat.  They're just plain clothes now, that's why index was able to be stabbed.  Therefore, he can touch the clothes and the hat with nothing happening.  He just doesn't have other clothes he can give her, and she repaired the clothes by putting clothespins in them - but because she isn't a mage herself she can't replace the magic, just the put the cloth back together.
Once again, no plot hole
happy.gif

Oh, regarding the Columbus's Egg thing:  if you don't know the trick to it, then it would be very time consuming and frustrating trying to figure it out.  As such it could be considered a punishment, similar to sitting in the corner and starring at a wall.
i wasnt talking about the knife when i was reffering to plot holes i just thot that was funny, i was talking about the clothes not breaking like they did before.

I figured the clothes just regenerated themselves
huh.gif
, i mean, when he touched those clothes, they were in ribbons, i dont think 3 safetypins was enough to piece it back together...
dry.gif
unless they were magic safetypins
dry.gif
... (and where was she hiding them pins?
huh.gif
same place she is now hiding the knife?
huh.gif
)

Im not much of a sewing buff, so is there a signifigance to the term "matting of needles"? or "mat of needles"
Are safety pins in japan called "iron maidens"?

But ok, i can buy that the clothes were magicless. I was just thinking that because those clothes looked almost completely new again, that magic regenerated them so they probally still had sum magic in them.

on a sad note i guess we cant expect any more accidents with the clothes again
sad.gif

but the hat still had magic until after fight with mr ballz of fire.(he didnt touch the hat until after that fight) and because it still had magic, it is why index came back, she knew they would track it and she didnt want to cause him more trouble, its also how they found his apartment.

so, it still shoulda torn when he grabbed it the first time

as for the egg, i was thinking maybe they gotta do it with only there powers or sumthing, kinda like the esp poker thing. i love the trick tho, good way to make 20 bucks at a bar.

QUOTE its clear you have never watched SnS nor any other anime where the lead fights without special powers against those who have them

Yes I have watched shows like this actually. Problem is, he is normal. Not even a winning personality.. Thats what gets me
blink.gif

QUOTE third; ummm... no. what we need is simply a good plot; not all anime has to revolve around some protag being all powerfull; the whole point of this anime is to show how he struggles to protect index against whomever is after her; as for saying his power isn't anything special, way to be naive; if you can stop a giant flaming fireball just by putting out your hand, or simply cancel out a huge flaming golem thats pretty amazing imo

Yes it is nothing special because if he stops powers then it basically becomes a battle of wits/h2h. Not which I see this character possesing. You have misread my post I also mentioned developement of character, That comes hand in hand with any good plotline. I did not just say all powerful, but there you go again making assumptions.

As for your last paragraph too me. I was simply pointing out successful animes off the top of my head. You may call the people who watch them childish but I would refrain from commenting on me or others in general if you do not know them. This is not a place to become insulting.

QUOTE second; if you seriously still dont get why he shouldn't/can't learn other magic powers drop the show because your obviously one of those people who doesn't pay much attention to the details in dialog
Yeah pointless again. I never said that so please read more thoroughly. Why would you not want his power to evolve. I dont mind a powerless hero, but there is something missing which i cant put my finger on. However I dont want to go into This discussion any further as We are simply going over the same repeated ideals.

Sidenote, why 103,000? thats an odd number. whats with the extra 3000 books? why not jusy 100,000 or 103,001? no way 103,000 super secert magic books were made, its not like the 103,000th book was made and then every1 agreed, "ok, thats it, thats enough books, no1 make anymore! lets leave it at this super weird number to bug Uz3r013"

I thought that aswell. If she only had 1 book then im sure the church would still chase it if it was powerful enough. it aroused my curiousity.

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 16 2008, 01:12 AM) Which leads me to the question, why would I want to follow a story about someone who has no real power but to put everyone on equal terms, There has to be something more. Otherwise the anime would have functioned perfectly well without him, Some nice magical battles
you, quite obviously, want the usual action only naruto anime; saying he has no real power is simply being ignorant about the powers he already possesses; thats when it comes back to the point of you "claiming" you've seen other animes where the main character has no powers yet complain here when he has what is the tide turning power of this anime? real nice. lets get rid of the main character in an anime because Sinful doesn't approve unless its an magically overpowering protagonist yelling "rasengan"
dry.gif
and you say you watched SnS, ZnT and the like? complain on those leads as well i suppose? or no? even though they were almost completely useless in battle or had their allies help them out because there were opponents they couldn't defeat .... contradiciton anyone?

reason you cant put you finger on whats missing here is because there is nothing missing here, its obviously just not what you normally watch, while everyone else seems used to it; we're 2 episodes in and your complaining about the abilities the lead character has, claiming its not a "real power".... an ability to cancel all others seems like a real power to me, and the most useful one i can think of; especially under the circumstances hes in

as for the animes you named, they ARE childish. its not that i simply call them that out of the blue, and if you take something like that as an insult why would i care? its my opinion on them, no? not like i go crying to people who bash animes i watch saying i feel insulted. great, eh?

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Oct 16 2008, 06:27 AM) you, quite obviously, want the usual action only naruto anime; saying he has no real power is simply being ignorant about the powers he already possesses; thats when it comes back to the point of you "claiming" you've seen other animes where the main character has no powers yet complain here when he has what is the tide turning power of this anime? real nice. lets get rid of the main character in an anime because Sinful doesn't approve unless its an magically overpowering protagonist yelling "rasengan"
dry.gif
and you say you watched SnS, ZnT and the like? complain on those leads as well i suppose? or no? even though they were almost completely useless in battle or had their allies help them out because there were opponents they couldn't defeat .... contradiciton anyone?

reason you cant put you finger on whats missing here is because there is nothing missing here, its obviously just not what you normally watch, while everyone else seems used to it; we're 2 episodes in and your complaining about the abilities the lead character has, claiming its not a "real power".... an ability to cancel all others seems like a real power to me, and the most useful one i can think of; especially under the circumstances hes in

as for the animes you named, they ARE childish. its not that i simply call them that out of the blue, and if you take something like that as an insult why would i care? its my opinion on them, no? not like i go crying to people who bash animes i watch saying i feel insulted. great, eh?
Well said Animewiz

I will never understand why people always want every anime the same

Well I guess that would explain why we see some of the same premises over and over again
dry.gif

People ask for it
wink.gif

I hate to say this, but I agree with you Animewiz. I'm a shounen person. Although I would like to see some power ups, I also like it when they don't have powers too. It makes the anime very unique and stand out much more than the standard shounen anime.

I actually like this change
biggrin.gif
it's a change from the usual "normal guy > discovers his power > turns into super man > discovers stronger enemies > becomes even stronger > repeat the least two steps for the next 200 episodes"
biggrin.gif
it's refreshing and interesting
happy.gif

also, the animation is superb in my opinion and the beginning is really cool. man, I'm really looking forward to more episodes, I just need to persuade my players into obedient cooperation so I could watch the episodes without a problem
happy.gif
;

QUOTE , quite obviously, want the usual action only naruto anime; saying he has no real power is simply being ignorant about the powers he already possesses; thats when it comes back to the point of you "claiming" you've seen other animes where the main character has no powers yet complain here when he has what is the tide turning power of this anime? real nice. lets get rid of the main character in an anime because Sinful doesn't approve unless its an magically overpowering protagonist yelling "rasengan" dry.gif and you say you watched SnS, ZnT and the like? complain on those leads as well i suppose? or no? even though they were almost completely useless in battle or had their allies help them out because there were opponents they couldn't defeat .... contradiciton anyone?

You make assumptions and are beggining to insult me. Therfor i will no longer continue this discussion. I am not complaining, In fact im rather enjoying the anime. You are making assumptions on what you think, not what I have written.
I actually understand the point you are making and agree with it somewhat.

QUOTE you say you watched SnS, ZnT and the like? complain on those leads as well i suppose? or no? even though they were almost completely useless in battle or had their allies help them out because there were opponents they couldn't defeat .... contradiciton anyone?
Actually I never once mentioned SnS and ZnT or the like, I merely said I have watched anime's Like that. Please do not misquote me, use the informatn given and not what you can draw out of you head. The difference is The main character here has a power... which ruins the point you are making.

I think Ill have to end it here as you seem quite emotionally attached to this anime.
It was not my intention too have you slander me or try to belittle me, I was just trying to have a discussion on what the outcome of his power may be and if his power evolves or stays the same. You have quite clearly have shown you are not mature enough to discuss this with me, Instead you have tried to belittle the person and not the statement. I know now that you are talking of your own opinion and beliefs which will not change. So i will not try and change them.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Enjoy The show
laugh.gif

QUOTE I actually like this change it's a change from the usual "normal guy > discovers his power > turns into super man > discovers stronger enemies > becomes even stronger > repeat the least two steps for the next 200 episodes" it's refreshing and interestin
I agree, What I do not like however is his power. I would reccomend reading Mx0, Just got really into that
tongue.gif

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 16 2008, 08:03 PM) <snip>
well we might as well end it here if you have no valid backup as to why his power is, as you say, is not a real power; or any other parts of your arguement for that matter; its funny how you deny things like complaining about the lead character ect with posts like this

QUOTE His only power being nullifying everything .. makes him a very very weak hero. and as far as his allies are concerned - why dont we watch thier story if they are going to do all the fighting... If his power doesnt evolve then the girl wielding teh katana.. will slice off his arm.

if he just nullifies it will be kinda lame. Allies are cool but all he can do is punch and he cant do that every time. How can he protect Index if he cant even protect himself from a gang of thugs... sorry 1 thug....

not to mention you agreed with Uz3 on him needed a new power but i guess you never said that either... *sigh* almost as if your posts from 2 days ago never existed it seems

QUOTE Yes I have watched shows like this actually. Problem is, he is normal. Not even a winning personality.. Thats what gets me <--- also not you? LOL, sorry i must've misread the name; best part there is the "he is normal" ... yeah, episode 2 sure showed us how normal he is; stop contradicting yourself please

as for animes where the lead fights people with powers while not having any himself; and receiving no help from allies either.... i'd like you to name a few, where he goes through it alone; since otherwise it'd just come down to this
QUOTE why dont we watch thier story if they are going to do all the fighting...

P.S: i'm amazed you like Mx0 considering the leads have the exact same powers and the lead's allies in Mx0 basically do all the fighting for him, since he has no real power; so do you like the lead there? is he interesting although he has no powers except to nullify? strange how its ok for him to simply put his opponents on equal terms but its not ok here; now tell me your not contradicting yourself. please do.

QUOTE well we might as well end it here if you have no valid backup as to why his power is, as you say, is not a real power; or any other parts of your arguement for that matter;
It saddens me I have to waste my time replying to this. I would like you to show me your valid backup. His power makes him powerless, This is my opinion same as you have stated your opinion and ONLY your opinion. I also have the right to state mine.
tongue.gif
Dont you just love it.

QUOTE not to mention you agreed with Uz3 on him needed a new power but i guess you never said that either... *sigh* almost as if your posts from 2 days ago never existed it seems

Actually i agreed that his power would be good if it evolved. But i guess you are assuming again as you did not post a quote to back this theory up. If you were to quote me I said "I really hope his power developes etc.." .

QUOTE also not you? LOL, sorry i must've misread the name; best part there is the "he is normal" ... yeah, episode 2 sure showed us how normal he is; stop contradicting yourself please

He is normal refers to his physical ability and then i reffered to his personality(Mx0 is the example you used. Strong fighting ability + A winning personality). Are you going to keep misinterpreting everything I say? If this is what you are thinking then please dont try to put the words into my mouth.

QUOTE P.S: i'm amazed you like Mx0 considering the leads have the exact same powers and the lead's allies in Mx0 basically do all the fighting for him, since he has no real power; so do you like the lead there? is he interesting although he has no powers except to nullify? strange how its ok for him to simply put his opponents on equal terms but its not ok here; now tell me your not contradicting yourself. please do.
Actually Mx0's lead has great physical abilities while his opponents have great magical abilities, Please look up contradiction in the dictionary and see if it says anything about how you interpret my posts. After all that is all you are doing, twisting my words. Also please find another word to use.
Anything else mr contradiction?

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 16 2008, 11:17 PM) <snip>
ok, so your saying even though he is able to cancel out the abilities of his enemies thus rendering them useless he has no power. right. makes sense. not.

second, Uz said nothing about evolving powers in his post; yet you agreed to it, and in that specific post where you did there is nothing about evolving powers, not to mention if you want his powers to evolve to an offensive ability this would still be nonesense, considering his power is to cancel out magic. aka: no effect on people; real smooth there

third, "he is normal" can refer to a lot of things, if you want to aim for a specific point then try being clear on what you say? good job. now then, Mx0's lead is physically tough; thats it, he is in no way some type of martial arts master; he knows some basics (oh look at that, exactly what i wanted this guy to learn) which he almost never uses, and considering what i saw from the lead in this anime he seems pretty tough to me; more so than the average Joe. as for personality, thats just a personal preference

umm... yes in fact, your still contradicting the abilities, saying being able to nullify is "lame" when it comes to the anime but perfectly fine in the manga; even better is that you mention these "great physical abilities" that Mx0's lead has yet there are none, i finished Mx0 long ago and the guy is tough, but in no way does he do any h2h or anything of the sort to give him this "great" physical edge, that you claim he has, on his opponents to make up for the huge edge their magic gives them. not to mention that his allies still do all the work, but i guess you want to ignore that part since it cancels about half of what you claim would make this show "lame", especially since this was one of your biggest complaints.

question i have for you, why are you reading Mx0 when its almost an exact replica of this? just because the lead's personality favors what you look for? guess you just ignore all your dislikes, like his allies fighting, that he is at a constant disadvantage, spends almost half the manga running from his opponents, or the fact that he can only nullify magic; and even that has a limit for him; but i guess there is some HUGE difference i'm not seeing here... typing this made me realize why Mx0 got cancelled

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Oct 16 2008, 09:11 PM)well we might as well end it here if you have no valid backup as to why his power is, as you say, is not a real power; or any other parts of your arguement for that matter; its funny how you deny things like complaining about the lead character ect with posts like this

not to mention you agreed with Uz3 on him needed a new power but i guess you never said that either... *sigh* almost as if your posts from 2 days ago never existed it seems

<--- also not you? LOL, sorry i must've misread the name; best part there is the "he is normal" ... yeah, episode 2 sure showed us how normal he is; stop contradicting yourself please

as for animes where the lead fights people with powers while not having any himself; and receiving no help from allies either.... i'd like you to name a few, where he goes through it alone; since otherwise it'd just come down to this

P.S: i'm amazed you like Mx0 considering the leads have the exact same powers and the lead's allies in Mx0 basically do all the fighting for him, since he has no real power; so do you like the lead there? is he interesting although he has no powers except to nullify? strange how its ok for him to simply put his opponents on equal terms but its not ok here; now tell me your not contradicting yourself. please do.

quote 1 is blank, and the follow up makes no sense,
<---also not you? <--where the heck is this suppose to be pointing?
and your 4th quote doesnt even have anything to do with mxo

well anyway this is gunna suck.
sad.gif
i really hate declaring s%^& like this...
@AnimeWiz07,
your a douche, i normally like to get along with people, but all of your replies are negative and have a very condescending.(lol,wow im suprised i know that word, and i think i acually spelt it right
tongue.gif
) Giving your opinion is one thing, but you dont have to be a douche about it.

QUOTE P.S: i'm amazed you like Mx0 considering the leads have the exact same powers and the lead's allies in Mx0 basically do all the fighting for him, since he has no real power; so do you like the lead there? is he interesting although he has no powers except to nullify? strange how its ok for him to simply put his opponents on equal terms but its not ok here; now tell me your not contradicting yourself. please do.

well you didnt read the manga...

the leads are very diffrent, the only thing about them that is similar is that their main ability is similar, but even there abilities are very diffrent.

Mx0's guy has super above average endurance and stanima, hes fast, strong and a good fighter. And he can manipulate his abilty(extended it, expand it, shape it) and he can use it to defend his whole body. and he does alot of the fighting.
tongue.gif
<insert stawberry>
tongue.gif

This guy can only negate stuff with his right hand.(not to mention his own ability is hurting him) and everything else about him is seems average.

Moving on...

*CAUTION*<inserting no luck joke>*CAUTION*
Still think he needs a glove for that right hand, or he aint ever gunna get "lucky" hehe
biggrin.gif

QUOTE A bit odd the fire wizard was able to dodge his first punch so easily but ate the second one like a deer caught in headlights. His power is probably one of the best but it's not flawless. instead of attacking him directly which will negate your abilities, you could instead attack his surroundings and use them against him. I.E. he may be able to negate a blast of flame, but not a burning building falling on top of him.

Ment to comment on this earlier, but forgot. I felt the sameway, but then thot about it. His best spell(and all his spells)were just destroyed by this kid who has a mean looking "must kill intent", he was probally alittle freaked out by that, he panic'd because all his magic that he had been relying on was brushed off so hes probally thinkin that the kid is sum kind of monster. Before, when he dodged it, he had that whole "im superior than you" complex going on. that gave him confidence. Altho, going down in 1 punch, tho dramatic, is kinda pathetic...
dry.gif

ok, enough of my replies. time for a comment.
I hope the sword girl ends up on the good side, id hate to see her die off too soon. she is HOT!. Luv the whole 1 pant leg thing, its weird, yet sexy. its like, this is what i look like in jeans AND daisy dukes, at the same time...
biggrin.gif

I did alot of thinking, and it could be possible for him to defend index(without gaining sum new talent), He did say he knows alot about "esper abilities" so i guess he can work against them, and index can inform him about all his opponents' magic abilities, as well as probally give him ideas on how to counter/avoid them. But, i still dont really think that. In the OP hes dodging all those girders, if sumthing like that happens, it would feel kinda BSish only because he is normal(in terms of stats: strength, speed, ect...) and he has NO luck, so the only way he would be dodging all that stuff is if his opponent has ZERO aim.

*EDIT* Addition.

wow, in the 1 hour it took me to make this post, u guys threw down 2 more comments lol. so i dont do a double, im just gunna addon to this.

QUOTE second, Uz said nothing about evolving powers in his post yes i did...in fact, you were being a douche about it...

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 Oct 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM)Note: whats his power supposed to evolve into? a blast? get real, his power is to CANCEL MAGIC; he cant use that to harm someone, and its impossible for him to use anything else, which was like the very first important statement index told him

QUOTE Mx0's lead is physically tough; thats it, he is in no way some type of martial arts master; he knows some basics
Well, he may not hav study'd martial arts himself, but he sparred with his level 20 black belt sister(i forget the exact level she was, and what she was good at,and i dont feel like looking it up. all i know is that she was very good, i think she won sumkind of national tournament or sumthing...) So, yeah. hes a good fighter and thats more than basics.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back