To Aru Majutsu no Index III

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
second episode was great, i love the fight scenes in this one; and LOL @ his teacher for various reasons! the only problem i had was that our lead acts as though his hand is a curse... when its the only reason he was even able to fight
dry.gif

episode 3 seems to be where the actual plot is introduced, so i'm truly looking forward to next week

I just watched episode 02 which was awesome....and I know this series will continue to be awesome. I really want to read the novels and I'm wishing that they'll get licensed or something, since, it doesn't look like a scanlator is gonna be picking up the novels, however, they are doing the manga, which I'm happy about. To me the series reminded me a lot about Shana but now I'm thinking that this series has the potential of being even better than Shakugan no Shana.
rolleyes.gif

This series will most likely get about 24 to 26 episodes but I think there's enough material to do a 50-episode season or they could just do it the Shana way with multiple series.
biggrin.gif

even only after the second episode i can tell this is a great anime. you can tell that it has a pretty solid plot btw, not to mention the fight scenes are AWESOME.

The magic + psychic powers combination seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it seems like its coming together after the first 2 episodes.

I love that teacher. Who would have guessed she was a smoker + drinker... in bunny pajamas!?

This came off to a great start. Awesome fight scene. Can't wait for the next episode!

The only thing im interested in ....is that the only power he has? nullify special powers ...

If so ...I have to ask how he is going to stop a katana with his hand
dry.gif

I really hope his power developes etc...if the power doesnt develop... I think im gonna drop this series..
blink.gif
blink.gif

Anyone curious also?

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 12 2008, 01:52 PM) The only thing im interested in ....is that the only power he has? nullify special powers ...

If so ...I have to ask how he is going to stop a katana with his hand
dry.gif

I really hope his power developes etc...if the power doesnt develop... I think im gonna drop this series..
blink.gif
blink.gif

Anyone curious also?
nah, not at all; thats the entire point of him getting the allies shown in the OP/ED, i truly hope he doesn't get other abilities; that'd totally ruin this show... at most he could maybe learn some martial arts or something but thats the limit of it; also if he was to get any other ability it would contradict what we were just told in the first two episodes about his nullifying powers... yeah, so no i disagree with you completely on this one

Again a very good episode
biggrin.gif
. The series sure looks and feels like it will be one of the very best this fall
biggrin.gif
To get back on the special powers: it would be strange if he only had one power (to nullify all powers). In the first episode it was said that he is an esper class zero. So no esperpowers but how did he get that special arm? he said he had it all his life but what about his parents? he must have inherited somewhere??
Although i do have to agree with Animewiz07. One power could make it all very interesting. Nobody can use special powers to get to index if he keeps protecting her. That would mean that everybody has to act smart to get to her. And what is index exactly? so for me: i still would be watching if he only has his one power.

That teacher really is something like chickenwing71x said
laugh.gif
When i first saw the scene i really couldn't believe it
laugh.gif
. Bunny pajamas, cigarettes and beer..and how did she ever become a teacher
blink.gif
??? Absolutely crazy
tongue.gif

interesting, currently 3rd on my favorites for this season

I am still deciding on which group i save on my hd, Eclipse or Aoshen and they both have very diffrent transilations. I am currently leaning towards Eclipse for the group i use, since they do a more complete job of subbing and have better quality subs. but AoShen's subs sumtimes make more sense and "flow" a bit better.

term diffrences,
Eclipse vs Aoshen
Esper - Psychic ( i prefer psychic myself, but esper does fit better because their psychic powers are suposeably explained by science)
Magician - Mage ( i prefer mage because magician feels more of a term used for fake magic users rather than real magic users)
19:40 they transilate "yada" an interjection used for rejecting or more simply it means no or no way. Eclipse transilates it as "screw you" which is completly wrong and doesnt fit the characters persona. Aoshen transilates it as "i dont wanna" which is closer and more fitting.

since im not fluent in japanese i cant say overall which group is doing a better job with its transaltions, so for now im going with eclipse since they have more expierence. but since Aoshen gets it out a day faster, i probally watch theres first anyway.

anyway, as for the series...

So whats the deal with the teacher? she looks and acts like a kid, yet seems to be older and is a heavy smoker/drinker. is she just loli for no reason? since she can use magic that must mean she has no esper/psychic powers, so wtf is up with her?

and index, if they track her by her clothes, why doesnt she just wear normal clothes so they cant track her...i know her clothes are suppose to be the ultimate defense, but if they cant find you, you dont really need them then, right? and since she has no offensive ability being hidden is probally a better defense than whatever defense those clothes were suppose to give her.

as for Tohma, maybe he should try wearing a glove? then his hand cant touch the air and therefore he cant kill off his own "luck" and wont interfre with index's magic and maybe he would beable to use magic himself? hmm i wonder if thats whats going to happen? that would make sense...he is a level 0 esper, and his "ability" seems limited to his right hand and its not confirmed yet if that ability is an esper type ability...if he can seal his hand away then magic would be possible and indext could teach him...

i dont know...guess we will see.

I understand where you are coming from on this....
His only power being nullifying everything .. makes him a very very weak hero. and as far as his allies are concerned - why dont we watch thier story if they are going to do all the fighting... If his power doesnt evolve then the girl wielding teh katana.. will slice off his arm.

if he just nullifies it will be kinda lame. Allies are cool but all he can do is punch and he cant do that every time. How can he protect Index if he cant even protect himself from a gang of thugs... sorry 1 thug....

QUOTE (SinfulOne @ Oct 12 2008, 10:22 PM) I understand where you are coming from on this....
His only power being nullifying everything .. makes him a very very weak hero. and as far as his allies are concerned - why dont we watch thier story if they are going to do all the fighting... If his power doesnt evolve then the girl wielding teh katana.. will slice off his arm.

if he just nullifies it will be kinda lame. Allies are cool but all he can do is punch and he cant do that every time. How can he protect Index if he cant even protect himself from a gang of thugs... sorry 1 thug....
all he has to do is learn the right type of h2h combat, he doesn't need new powers; thats nonesense, obviously all he'll need is his hand to nullify the enemies magic/psychic powers and then kick their a$$; problem i have is that i dont want him to use the lamo punch everytime, thus i'm hoping he undergoes some type of training like Yuji did in SnS

think hard on this ppl, why would he be the weak one if he renders ALL of his opponents powers useless? makes no sense what some here are saying

I agree with AnimeWiz on this one, at first I got the idea that Index was going to tell him the spells and that he would do them, but now that I think about it, it would be really stupid for him to use any other magic, it would just completey defete the purpose of his own abilities.
I really dont think that he will learn any though, he had to leave the room so that Index could be treated. Im not really certain that even a glove will help him use magic since the is attached to him after all.
Anyway, this is pretty much my favorite fall anime at the moment, those of you contemplating to drop this series just because he has one ability should carefully reconsider.

Heck I think his ability is the best one to have

I to agree with animewiz

If he learns some (or may already know some) H2H combat (that's Hand to Hand for those who don't know)

He would probably be the most powerful one out there.

If you would have ask me to choose I would choose his powers in a heartbeat

A bit odd the fire wizard was able to dodge his first punch so easily but ate the second one like a deer caught in headlights. His power is probably one of the best but it's not flawless. instead of attacking him directly which will negate your abilities, you could instead attack his surroundings and use them against him. I.E. he may be able to negate a blast of flame, but not a burning building falling on top of him.

Anyway, pretty good show so far, but I'm not yet fully committed to it. It depends on how the relationship between him and Index plays out. Also, I'd like to see more of rail-gun girl.

Good point Accipiter, but who knows, he might be able to nulify anything that happens due to magic, although he could probably die if bombs are used to knock the building down and not magic. Another thing are the seals placed on the surroundings, Im pretty sure that the mages are going to avoid destring their own seals. I think everything is going to come down to in what way he can get an edge and outsmart his opponent.

well if he has the "right hand of god" maybe he will evolve sum new powers or will beable to manipulate the power he already has?

you know what...this anime reminds me of Mx0, altho there powers are similar, they are used very diffrently. And the guy in Mx0, he had the ability to negate any magic, but he also was a highly skilled fighter and had alot of stanima/hp/endurance.

i got 50 bux that says the kid defends himself with a pipe when he fights the katana girl.

QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Oct 13 2008, 06:13 AM)but now that I think about it, it would be really stupid for him to use any other magic, it would just completey defete the purpose of his own abilities.
I really dont think that he will learn any though, he had to leave the room so that Index could be treated. Im not really certain that even a glove will help him use magic since the is attached to him after all.

He needs some kind of offensive skill tho, and i doubt hes going to learn karate or sumthing anytime soon. He has to beable to use magic, if index cant, and he cant, then what is the point of her being a super encylopedia of magic knowledge. he cant just really on allies the whole anime, that would suck. Maybe his power will disrupt his ability to use magic and make it somewhat challenging for him to learn, but he needs an offensive skill, cause so far they are both defense types.

well, he had to leave the room cause his hand was exposed. if his presense is what is disturbing the magic, then his whole body would be a sheild. And she did say sumthing like "ur hand being exposed to the air is negating your luck"

lol had a funny thot, get the kid a red leather jacket and a white knit glove and we have a michel jackson hero, (insert loli teacher into this jokes eqauation somwhere)
tongue.gif

QUOTE He needs some kind of offensive skill tho, and i doubt hes going to learn karate or sumthing anytime soon. He has to beable to use magic, if index cant, and he cant, then what is the point of her being a super encylopedia of magic knowledge. he cant just really on allies the whole anime, that would suck. Maybe his power will disrupt his ability to use magic and make it somewhat challenging for him to learn, but he needs an offensive skill, cause so far they are both defense types.

Yeah thats what I was trying to get at in very blunt; very tired terms.
What I was trying to say before hand is that he cannot learn h2h overnight and what is to say that mages will not know h2h as they were originally normal people.
When i said his arm would be sliced off, I meant that a katana is not magic and its is not a good idea to block one with your hand.
As said above, Allies are helpful but if apparently him being in the room would stop magic, then his allies are now rendered useless in a fight. (However i dont think this will be the case)
Learning the skill of h2h combat could take years. Unless in episode 3 there is going to be " 3 years later" written across the screen. I would also like to point out my view on ending every fight with a punch.... Lame
blink.gif

How can you say rendering magic useless is enough of a power? In all cases that puts him and his opponents on level playing terms, considering one mage is a full grown man and the other a girl with a katana.... I would have to come to the conclusion he is still at a disadvantage.
As it was so correctly put

QUOTE he needs an offensive skill

P.s what is MxO?? .. sounds interesting.

QUOTE Heck I think his ability is the best one to have
So basically. With that ability The world would be the same as it is now. No magic and no ESP. So simply put you would want the ability too be unlucky? Sounds cool. Good luck with that

so you two are saying he should learn a new psychic ability and master it completely in a month's time while everytime else in that town had to train for years as students to get where they're at? please. at least find a valid arguement as to why they should totally ignore what they said the entire time in the first two episodes; which is his hand cancels ALL abilities, even his own

now for how his power works, your not making sense saying it would cancel his allies' powers, did you forget how he fought the girl on the bridge? or when she confronted him after school? her powers were just fine, not to mention the fact the mage was able to cast right in front of him; fact is he cancels their magic on contact, or when hes extremely close to them, thus there is a need for allies once he equals fighting terms; i'm guessing the reason he had to leave the room was because his hands power was concentrated him such a small space, he never had to run off as he did... simply wait outside the door

Note: whats his power supposed to evolve into? a blast? get real, his power is to CANCEL MAGIC; he cant use that to harm someone, and its impossible for him to use anything else, which was like the very first important statement index told him

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:28 AM) so you two are saying he should learn a new psychic ability and master it completely in a month's time while everytime else in that town had to train for years as students to get where they're at? please. at least find a valid arguement as to why they should totally ignore what they said the entire time in the first two episodes; which is his hand cancels ALL abilities, even his own

now for how his power works, your not making sense saying it would cancel his allies' powers, did you forget how he fought the girl on the bridge? or when she confronted him after school? her powers were just fine, not to mention the fact the mage was able to cast right in front of him; fact is he cancels their magic on contact, or when hes extremely close to them, thus there is a need for allies once he equals fighting terms; i'm guessing the reason he had to leave the room was because his hands power was concentrated him such a small space, he never had to run off as he did... simply wait outside the door

Note: whats his power supposed to evolve into? a blast? get real, his power is to CANCEL MAGIC; he cant use that to harm someone, and its impossible for him to use anything else, which was like the very first important statement index told him
I agree that his power to cancel won't let him develop any new abilities but lets face it, throughout the series, him canceling others abilities will probably get boring. I'm hoping that later on he will learn something useful from Index. It will kinda get repetitive.

about all the above you are all missing a fact that his powers dont really come from his hand but they are just his powers as an esper index said it herself i quote

QUOTE Its not your right hand but its that youre an esper

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back