The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Generally when they have the ending theme playing in the background of the last scene as in this episode that would mean that the season is over.

i watched the first episode and all i saw was a girl in a bunny outfit or something. the first episode seemed boring, so i didnt bother to watch the other episodes. does it get better and more interesting later on? if so, ill try it lol

The first season is widely considered an amazing anime (if a little confusing due to the ordering). I highly suggest you continue watching it before you give up. Episode 00 (the one I'm assuming you saw) is more of a joke episode and should not be the basis of the judgment of the entire series.

I've been away from this for awhile, but recapping the episodes and comments I would say, I used to think Haruhi herself was cool and imagind that Kyon's apparent preference for Mikuru was a sham (he's not always honest in his narration), but after series two it is nivcely balanced. Mikuru is still dippy and useless, but at the same time Haruhi though brilliant is pretty malevolent, like a fascist dictator. Although I was shocked at Kyon wanting to punch her in the face, at the same time I can see that Mikuru is a nice girl whilst Haruhi does not care about other people at all. The only exception being that after the meltdown with Kyon, when he goes to make up, she has her hair in a ponytail, in other words she is thinking about him. Clearly she wants him, but at the same time is unable to act in a human way, she is forwever the Hitler/Mussoliinii/Tony Blair figure with her armband and resolute belief in her own righteousness.

So, how's our little Adam Young doing?
wink.gif

In any case, I was just wondering which subs right now are of the highest quality in terms of the raws used[i.e. H.D.]?

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 02 2009, 03:53 AM) So, how's our little Adam Young doing?
wink.gif

In any case, I was just wondering which subs right now are of the highest quality in terms of the raws used[i.e. H.D.]?
I don't know about HD quality as I watch Xvid, but Mazui are good subs I think, I lost my faith in afk during Lucky Star when I felt they were localising stuff too much and although I watched one of their Haruhi² subs I felt Mazui were not only quick but accurate. With HD though you need to be careful that the source is HD, a lot of the "HD" stuff out there is just upsampled from standard res. by trolls.

Thanks. I got a trustworthy library though. I do miss AFK for some reason, they were very accurate in the first season. Also liked them in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, though i feel bad that they had to drop the second season suddenly.

-EDITED-

BTW finished watching everything new. Too bad they didn't include Snow Mountain Syndrome and Vanishment [my two favorites] and also the one with Sasaki in it. [If you don't yet know who this is, don't research on it. It'll spoil a lot of things.] That's the only thing that disappoints me.

But i guess they can't just wrap everything up in one season lol.

Also there's a good chance that Vol. 10 of the light novels will be released next year.

Also, Kyon's nickname:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynic

Oh yeah I heard that there was a rumor going around saying that they are going to do a movie adaptation for the Disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm guessing that it's speculation or something to redeem themselves from the Endless 8 fiasco that they decided to troll us with.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 09 2009, 10:15 AM) Oh yeah I heard that there was a rumor going around saying that they are going to do a movie adaptation for the Disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I'm guessing that it's speculation or something to redeem themselves from the Endless 8 fiasco that they decided to troll us with.
Well not just a rumor. Official Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya film coming spring 2010.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...b-promos-posted

Note to fans:

Don't get too excited over it or you'll end up feeling like how you did during Endless 8.

I'm much more excited to hear about the 10th novel after all this waiting. Seems that it's going to be the last one of the series, judging from the title "The Surprise". I can hear Kyon saying "Haruhi, I'm John Smith" any minute now. For people who read the novel up to the latest one: It's quite obvious Kyon will choose Haruhi over Sakaki. Can't wait for the epic battle lol.

^ I'm sure that last bit was obvious even to those who didn't read the novels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 10 2009, 03:26 AM) ^ I'm sure that last bit was obvious even to those who didn't read the novels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't see how, considering that character hasn't even been introduced in the anime yet as far as I'm aware...

I don't think everyone knows who Sakaki is. In any case, I think the ending will have some allusions to that Tanabata folklore. Either that or a Kyon is the real god ending. But if it happens that Kyon chooses Sakaki, that would be quite an epic way of trolling. I'd tip my hat off to him.

The outcome, regardless of the character, is pretty obvious, is what I meant. There's no way the guy won't hook up with the character after whom the series is named in a romance/slice of life anime.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 11 2009, 08:40 PM) BTW, a little late, but just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s
LOL, that was awesome! His second video kinda sucked, but that one was awesomeness incarnate. Got a good laugh out of it, and because it's already over I can even laugh over the fact that disappearance isn't animated (yet) and the season is over
laugh.gif

QUOTE The outcome, regardless of the character, is pretty obvious, is what I meant. There's no way the guy won't hook up with the character after whom the series is named in a romance/slice of life anime.

Ah yes it is. I just found the need to spoiler it since some may not have read it buy yeah, it's obvious indeed. That's the way literature works.

On the vid:

Yeah lol, these Hitler response vids are quite funny indeed. IIRC there's even a commentary on college football [US].

i found something interesting as barbobot said a bit earlier. It seems the movie is really going to happen. Even though the last season was a bit dull due to the first half.

English: The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya
Synonyms: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, Suzumiya Haruhi no Syoshitsu
Japanese: 涼宮ハルヒの消失
Type: Movie
Episodes: 1
Aired: Feb 6, 2010
Producers: Kyoto Animation, Kadokawa Shoten
Genres: Comedy, Mystery, Parody, Romance, School, Sci-Fi, Supernatural
Duration: 2 hr. 30 min.

Synopsis
The story takes place from December 17 until December 24, a month after the cultural festival. On December 17, everything is normal. The SOS Brigade, led by Haruhi Suzumiya, plans to have a nabe party for Christmas. However on December 18, Kyon arrives at school to find everything has changed. Haruhi is missing, and Ryoko Asakura, who had previously been deleted by Yuki Nagato, is a normal student. Yuki is an ordinary human, and Mikuru Asahina does not recognize him. Only Kyon is aware that everything is different. The only clue is a bookmark left by the alien version of Yuki, which leads Kyon on a quest back in time, where he interacts with the storyline from "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", trying to sort out the mystery and return to his own time line.

Well IIRC there's already a trailer out there for a while now. Finally, more Nagato.

Got to Haruhi.tv and don't close the window. It'll display a 404 but after a while a trailer will stream.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back