The F.A.Q. Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
A11: it is my understanding that echii is the standard for 'pervert,' while hentai has a far more negative connotation to it, and is also a way to say 'strange/wierd'

Q14: Tell all honorifics you know, and when are they used (like -chan -san -dono -kun and the like)

.... Is that even a question...?

It's the basic stuffs you hear most of the time: Nii-san, -sempai....

.... Now even my friends are calling me aniki-sempai....

Q15: are there such a thing as a anime-based game? cause i've seen and known a lot of game-based anime... but can it go around?
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
also goes with manga to anime are there such as anime to manga?

Q9: since there isn't a question nine because of my baka-ness of not knowing to count...
tongue.gif
here's a simple one... what is Osaka's real name? (character in Azumanga Diaoh) cause i forgot...
tongue.gif

A9: Ayumu Kasuga, but now this is more like her nickname, and Osaka is more like her real name, i sometimes wonder if at her house call her Osaka too
biggrin.gif

A14: He goes..
~San - equivilent of Mr/Mrs/Ms, in english a show of polite mutal respect.
~Chan - Mainly used by girls and young boys. a show of comfort and friendship.
~Tan - the cutsey version of chan used by v.young girls (MKK style
wink.gif
)
~Dono - A show of high respect. Say in England i'd maybe use it for Tony Blair and other members of the cabinate.
~Sama - Used for royalty. but as with most of the honorifics they are used in other situations as well.
~Kun - Used amoungst friends of mid-higher teenage years. Generally only used for men. the ~chan honorific will still be used for girls.
~Kouhai - literally means junior, not used that often
~Senpai - literally means senior. used to address seniors at work or school. this normally sticks between ppl for a lifetime.
~sensei - used for a teacher/trainer or doctor.

A15: There are lots of games based on anime like saint seiya fightin game, Naruto game for gamecube (I´ll buy it soon !!!) and much more. maybe your question was if there are CG games based on animes?????
unsure.gif

A15: I'd say there was an equal number of anime-game as there are game-anime. Most animes that origionate from games are from the roleplaying genre like shuffle and about 80% of hentai.. but with action and adventure anime there dont miss the chance to reach into our pockets.. eg. the gundam seed game for playstation, i doubt anyone had even heard of gundam seed in this country but they still released it here (UK).
I'd say anime-manga is fairly rare due to the fact that these days most anime is a port from the manga.. Im hoping there will be a desent pure anime soon so theres no breaks and fillers
wink.gif

Q16: Is neon genesis evangelion worth watching.. aaaaaagggggeessss ago i saw a NGE dvd in a shop where i used to work , i watched it and i had absolutly no idea what was going on.. it was called rebirth or something. it really put me off watching it but that was a few years ago now and im condering checking out the rest of the series. but i need to buy it so i need to know if its worth my pay check/student loan..

QUOTE (ultima2096 @ Apr 4 2006, 04:19 PM) i watched it and i had absolutly no idea what was going on.. it was called rebirth or something.
Isn't that the conclusion of the series? I don't watch it, but I remember there was a big deal about the disc coming out because it was "the end". Maybe that's why it didn't make sense?

A16: rebirth is the 2md half of the movie (which takes place of the last episode or two of the series). while evangelion is a classic, it is not the best anime out there, and is in general over rated (though it gets props for originality, and i personally enjoyed it very much).

its not the best anime... true... but one of the best is acceptable...
biggrin.gif
anyway get that thing right away!!! its a good one personally... story wise but i haven't check the animation again... it was like 2 yrs ago i last watched it... i remember the story of course but the animation is the question...
biggrin.gif

anyway if your the story type of guy than animation then get the dvd!
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back