Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
Gurren-lagann.jpg

Title: Maiking Break-Through Gurren-Lagann
Japanese Title: 天元突破グレンラガン = Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Genre: Comedy, Mecha
Premiere: 1st April 2007
Animation Studio: GAINAX
Production: Aniplex, GAINAX, Konami
Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi
Official Website: http://www.gurren-lagann.net/

This anime is GAINAX latest project...............rejoice EVA & FLCL fans. This anime is set to be 26 episodes.

Synopsis:
It animates takes place in an underground villa called Shiiha. They have lived there since an earthquake buried its town makes hundreds of years.
Shimon is a boy of this villa, is dedicated to make holes to increase the inhabitable area. A day, digging deep within a tunnel, finds crystalline an object, “Core shining drill”.
The best friend of Shimon is another called boy Kamina, who to lidear brupo called “gren-they give” that he tries to cross the ceiling of the cavern and to return to the surface.
A day, an event happened that it changed everything. The ceiling of the cave was broken and a giant robot fell to the town. The light of the sun penetrated by the hole left in the ceiling.
“In fact there was a surface in the world”
But there was no time to think. The giant robot began to destroy its villa. Immediately Kamina faced to him. But, a person could not do nothing.
The life of Kamina as soon as was saved by a girl of the called surface Yoko. It shot of his rifle and stopped the robot. It called to the giant robot “ganmen” (they gunman). But rifle single could retard it. After several dangers, Shimon showed a giant robotic face to them that unearthed previously of the cave.
Kamina said “you unearthed It, pilotealo! ”, the responsibility was put in Shimon. When drill put “Core”, it activated. For some Shimon reason already it knew like controlling it. Without thinking it, one rose at the top giant. Kamino called the Ragan robot.
With the giant robot approaching, can Shimon, Kamino and Yoko to survive? So that the giant robot of the surface fell?

Summary plot:
In the future, people plows digging holes in the ground. They build houses and have domestic animals there. They have been living secretly fearing occasional earthquakes and roof-falls for hundreds years. Jeeha is one of such villages. One day, to boy, Shimon, is digging holes to expand to their village. There am happens to find to small shining drill. On to other hand, Kamina is to guy who believes there is the ground to over the village, and there am made to gangster to break the ceiling to get out from the hole.
In those days, the ceiling falls down due to an earthquake, and to big robot falls.
Kamina becomes sure that there is to world to over them. Then, to be reckless, there am begins to fight against the robot. AT the moment, someone also you eat from the above. It is to girl Yoko with to rifle in her hand. She is following the robot. However, only she dog do is to keep the robot from going. Then, simon shows what there am found in the ground to Kamina and Yoko. It is to mysteries robot whose body is only to phase.

I'm really looking forward to this anime as I'm a big fan of GAINAX mainly because of EVA. More Mecha action!!!!!!!!!!!!

480.jpg

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Official Trailer

Fan service, Fan service!!
biggrin.gif

ByeBye

I'm a bit disappointed with literally no replies to this thread but I've got to wait, its kinda sad that I have to revive a thread for an anime that hasn't even begun airing in Japan..heart-broken....since, I'm expecting a masterpiece of this one, since its made by the legendary GAINAX, the guys who did EVA, FLCL, Mahoromatic, He is My Master and many more.

I'll post some thumbnails for your eyes to feast on!
laugh.gif

Shots: -

WTF!?!?!?!

Different versions of the same picture: -

Some Cool TTGL pics: -

Some GAINAX Fanservice (Asuka and Shinji from EVA) : -

This anime may be the best or the worst anime in 2007, hopefully, it turns out real good but its gonna have some awesome competition between so many other new series that are to start in the new season, April 2007.

Its premiere in Japan is in just another 15 days, so it will air on Saturdays weekly in Japan...I think.
rolleyes.gif

oh God... GAINAX again... this aint gonna be serious tho :\

I love Gainax: EVA, Kare Kano are some of my favourite animes of all time.
But..... this anime looks a little too weird for my taste. I never got FLCL. I'm not a big mecha fan either, but, since it is Gainax, I will probably watch the first few eps and go from there.

Just another 2 days until its premier in Japan...can't wait till GAINAX unleashes its wrath upon us again............bwhahahahaha.
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Here are some clips: -

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Commercial

I like the song of the above link.....I'm guessing its the ED for this anime.
rolleyes.gif

Tokyo Anime Fair's Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Trailer

The song played on the second part of the 2nd clip link I put up is the OP for the anime I think.

Yoko-chan looks soooo kawaii!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This anime is gonna extremely funny and cool!!
biggrin.gif

There's a RAW availabel since way earlier today and I wonder who's gonna sub this anime.
unsure.gif

very different series then i am used to but, I STILL LIKE IT ANYWAY!!!!!

is someone planning to sub this?

I REALLY hope so.

QUOTE (maximilian @ Apr 04 2007, 05:24 AM) ADTRW subbed the first ep, although I can't download yet myself. Give an opinion when you watched
biggrin.gif
I just started downloading this torrent...never heard of the subbers...but ah well, not many seeds out there at the moment.
wink.gif

I think I'm really gonna like this series. The animation at a lot of times reminds me of FLCL and it's one the things I love the most about this show. It also seems to have a good amount of humor. I think Kamina is just plain awesome. He's a badass who does things his way is just cool in about every way you can think of. Even when they were running away from the big monster that crashed into their world he was still hitting on Yoko while they were running away for their lives. The machine that they find, which Kamina calls Lagann, looks a bit weird right know in my opinion, but from some pictures it seems like it will change a bit in appearance later. Gonna be watching this series for sure.

ADTRW subbed the first episode and it was done good but they didn't do the karaoke for both the OP and ED. I liked the OP but the ED was okay but really short......it seemed like 30 seconds instead of over a minute. I really happy that I claimed Yoko-chan. B-san, it reminds me of FLCL a lot, the animation, the sexual references (remember that line Yoko-chan said when she was cramped inside the "Lagann"..........cracked me up and then Kamina said stop saying dirty things and then Shimoun was like "MORE POWER!"), the use of structural metaphors, the humour. The metaphors used in here are pretty deep like EVA and FLCL, like most of GAINAX works.

I will give this episode a 9/10 but it would certainly be 10/10, if they had the karaoke for the OP and ED.
biggrin.gif
dry.gif
rolleyes.gif

Hmm JCD and Barbo I usually am in agrieance with alot of your anime tastes but I'm gonna need to see a little more from this anime before i can fully commit to scheduling this as a regular rotation player.

While i did enjoy some of the one-liners. Yoko says "Can't take it anymore, so tight" then Kamina says "Don't talk dirty in a place like this" Yeah it was funny since they were at the height of the action and Kamina still isn't taking the situation that seriously.

With that said I am wondering about the overall plot. It is unique I mean it's not often you have an anime so focused on "drilling" but as with most animes it's not really a fair judge if you don't give it at least 4-5 episodes to hook you. That one rule comes straight out of the otaku for dummies handbook
biggrin.gif
so i plan to keep watching
wink.gif

I'm currently downloading the first ep now and will watch it and see. It sounds good and I love comedy so hopefully this will be one to watch. Though, senpai seems to be reserving judgement. Are the songs any good? And congrats on your ranking senpai. I didn't even see it until I just read it in the what you are doing thread. I'm happy for you, warita and d-san. A lot of the anime that just came out that I'm looking for haven't even been subbed yet. I hope the ones that are, like this one are going to be worth watching.
biggrin.gif

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann actually has one of my favorite OP and ED for the new series I have watched so far. It's just too bad that the people who subbed the first episode didn't do the karaoke for the OP or ED. And the ED is only about 30 sec long. I can't wait for the full versions of them to be released.

I'm glad the songs are good. I've found shows I liked but the songs haven't really hooked me yet so I was hoping for more great anime with amazing ops and eds. Once this ep finishes downloading, I'll be able to hear the songs. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

I finally watched the first episode and have to say I thought it was pretty good. At first I was like "Yay Gainax this will rock!" then I saw the mech design and was a bit dissappointed but now after watching it I have regained hope it will kick ass. How much does anybody want to bet Gainax will run out of money and the ending will suck?

i loved the mecha's look because, well, it looks funny
smile.gif
it most definitely reminds me of FLCL and that's a great thing.. i loved FLCL's design and, even though this isn't as good (at least so far), the style is indeed different in a good way..

as for the story.. well, it wasn't breathtaking -- it was just good enough to not turn me off. the technical part, the humor and the characters, on the other hand, made me put this on my priority list
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back