Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Sorry for the dissapointment but the group i work for has decided to drop the project, we currently has episode 01-04 TL'ed but but Timed not Typesetted, Nor Edited. It seems our Timer has decided/committed himself to help ORDER instead of us, but good thing is we are still going to do the SkullMan.

Well episode 5 was a relief cause it went back to the original animation style, but I had already figured it would be considering what the preview for ep 5 looked like and knowing that ep 4's animation was more like a guest animation director than a complete change in style.

yeah ep5 was better then ep4 but not better than the first 3 though..

gray anime is indeed gray!:D

Was anyone else puzzled about the statue like robots of the Ganmen? Must have been a much earlier model. But it was below where there was a city with several feet of rock above it, making it several hundred plus years old. Makes me wonder if the writers will explain that. Or am I getting to technical and obsessive over details?

oh my god, episode 6 was just... INSANE.

but it rocked, i couldn't stop laughing. btw, does anyone know the insert song? it usually comes up when viral shows up

Well, WolfPackOtaku, i think it's the Beastmen's fault, that the Humans live under the Surface.

Because there was a War, that seemed to be won by these Beastmen, using their Ganmen.

I think that's the most possible Reason for having a Ganmen in that Village, deeply under the Surface.

And that would also be a reason, why the Surface is looking so Moon-ish.

Tough I still don't know anything that hasn't been shown till now, that's all that i can interprete from the released Episodes.

By the Way: In Hayate no Gotoku Ep07, there was this Series mentioned, in the RentalStore.

This show is getting good, simon is finally getting some confidence.... altho i was very disappointed in how the group only cared for Kamina,YET i can see why it was so since simon acts like a totalt coward and has yet to earn anyones respect

Looking forward to episode 8 considering its finally time for simon to show what hes made of

omg Kamina will die ? Nuuuuuuuuuuu i watched this show just coz of him

sadly , i guess this is the time to stop following the series....

ooh..i had a feeling Kamina would die when i saw the first part of episode 1 where they showed Simon grown up, and Kamina wasnt there..you could hear a female voice but im not sure if it was Yoko's voice so there would be a chance that she'll die as well..

why do you guys say kamina dies? im j/w since hes looking alive and well in the series

I'm surprised that there isn't 10+ pages on this anime in this thread, because it is so fricken amazing! At first, I was really hesitant to watch this.
"drill mecha?
blink.gif
err, I'll pass... "
Was what I initially thought... then I started to read rave reviews, and because this is done by Gainax, I decided to give it a shot, and I'm so glad I did.
I'm only on episode 3 (been trying to catch up with alll my spring shows now that I have a bit more free time) but it's just so insanely entertaining. I love Kamina! He just rocks!
Guys, don't talk about Kamina dying, he's my favourite!
sad.gif

this is just happening too fast for some people to follow, at one point, hot spring, and before you know it the big-boss arrives and allmost beats the crap ot of them and the unlikely hero saves them

I just got around to watching episodes 6 and 7. They were great.

Episode 6 was awesome because of all the bunny girls. I liked that because they are obviously a tribute to Daicon 4 and Otaku No Video's Misty May and serve as an easter egg of sorts for those of us who know Gainax history.

Glad to see Simon actually doing stuff. I mean so far hes just kind of been there.

Is it just me or is Gainax going to keep making stuff with what I can only term as Naota clones. I mean look at Sashi from Magical Shopping Arcade and Simon from Gurren Lagann. They are plainly designed to emulate Naota from Furi Kuri. Is this a bad thing? Yes and no. I mean I can see why Gainax is basing characters off of already successful ones but its getting kind of stale. Not to say Sashi and Simon are not drastically different from Naota because they are at least in personality.

I think I'm just complaining because it seems like they are becoming more commercial oriented(they always have been but now more than ever) throwing around penis jokes and large breasted women mixed with super robots. I'm actually looking forward to them churning out more Eva starting in the fall because while I like Gurren Lagann I think Gainax needs to bring us something......serious.

Finally caught up until episode 7. This series is awesome! I actually love the mecha action, which is weird because I usually hate mecha animes
tongue.gif

I think Gainax is doing a good job with this series, it's keeping me entertained and wanting more
tongue.gif

I think Yoko likes Kamina, but I'm not sure he feels the same way about her... I guess we'll have to wait and see how he'll react if she gets into any danger... I think Yoko almost confessed her feelings, but then that volcano erupted... bleeeh! I knew something would interrupt.
dry.gif

I have never seen Magical Shopping Arcade, and I saw FLCL so long ago that I barely remember it, but I think Gainax puts boys around that age (I'm guessing he's around 13-14) as the main character because they are physically and mentally growing, and it will be interesting to see what kind of man he will become after enduring these experiences. (I'm guessing it was a grown up Simon at the beginning right?)

QUOTE (julezia @ May 19 2007, 12:28 PM) I have never seen Magical Shopping Arcade, and I saw FLCL so long ago that I barely remember it, but I think Gainax puts boys around that age (I'm guessing he's around 13-14) as the main character because they are physically and mentally growing
Yes but Naota was the first one. Well Shinji was the 1st(male anyways Gunbuster is a different story) but Shinji's character design is unrelated to that of Naota, Simon, and Sashi.

Character age aside I just say they resemble Naota in looks. Why? They could just as easily make them more like Shinji or a younger version of Takeru from This Ugly and Yet Beautiful World. Because Naota and FLCL are popular and it was finacially successful. So they play it safe and base these young male protagonist off of Naota in the hope that people will respond to the character like they did Naota. I just think its going to get old real fast.

Naota and Simon are a bit similar in the way they look, but I don't really have a problem with it. I like the way Simon looks, I think he looks cool, and also his face is retro anime-ish, unlike Naota's.
And I'm glad they didn't make him like Shinji, one Shinji is enough for me
tongue.gif

Actually he kind of reminds me of Shinji. He has Naota's looks and Shinji's personality. Are they out of ideas or what?

Please note I know he isn't that much like Shinji. Although his lack of self confidence is similar as well as not wanting to be a pilot or being afraid. Kamina is like Simon's Misato. Or what Gendo could have been if he was actually a good dad.

Yeah I think Simon is a bit similar to Shinji, in the aspect that he isn't sure of himself and is afraid...but, he's growing and becoming cooler a lot faster than Shinji ever did
tongue.gif

Take a look at Random Curiosity if you want to know a HUGE Spoiler. One good thing, and one bad thing happens. But the raw for 8 just came out. And woah, I wonder how many episodes this anime will have?

Episode 8's title is "Farewell comrades"... omfg, this better not be Kamina saying goodbye!!
sad.gif

According to animesuki, this series is supposed to have 26 episodes... http://animesuki.com/series.php/984.html
I think that's a good number of eps.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back