Sword Art Online II, Alicization: War of Underworld Part 2 & Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 04 2014, 02:12 AM) I think the reason why Kiriko was acting like that is because he's been hanging around his waifu a whole lot as of late both on and off of ALO of course. I mean you can pick up on habits if you hang around someone for a long time.
tongue.gif

Or simply because he never was that masculine of a person, as showcased in previous season(albeit not clearly due to bad adaptation) and outright stated in the LN.

We are talking about a dude is basically a mmo-otaku. He is socially awkward and his real life is kind of dull - everything he built - friendships, love, etc - came from SAO.

Kirito is not someone who is overtly masculine or someone who is confident in his masculinity - he can play the game when needed (like when he had to play the badguy at the start of SAO), but he is an emotion-focused introvert and an adrenaline-addict.

Its only normal that with such an avatar and voice-change, his behavior would come off that way even naturally.

After going back thru a few episodes of SAO. I found in episode 6 where Laughin Coffin was gonna kill those 3 in the forest that Grimlock set up. If you pay attention you will see that one of the guys in the Coffin group is wearing a skull mask under the robes. Don't know if that's coinkidink or not.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 04 2014, 9:40 AM)normal that with such an avatar and voice-change, his behavior would come off that way even naturally.actually his avatrap is voiced by the same seiyuu in an effeminate way, at least toward Sinon but not with Death Gun... also nice new flashback about Laughing Coffin in ep.6, I still think Aincrad's arc is the best so far but i'm liking PB too
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 09 2014, 11:00 AM) actually his avatrap is voiced by the same seiyuu in an effeminate way, at least toward Sinon but not with Death Gun... also nice new flashback about Laughing Coffin in ep.6, I still think Aincrad's arc is the best so far but i'm liking PB too
biggrin.gif

I know its the same seiyuu

But in-universe, the avatar is supposed to sound different anyway.

So we now get an SAO flashback for the Laughing Coffin Raid here. This would explain as to why Kirito doesn't like doing these life-or-death situations in MMOs I take it. It also kind of explains as to why Shinon is somewhat in the same boat as he is in a way, but she did it IRL instead though.

In any case this makes me wonder if Death Gun is going to change targets now that Kiritko was showing off those sword moves like they were nothing. Also, I think there's going to be a new style to play called Gun & Sword here with how it was pulled off here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 09 2014, 08:48 PM)This would explain as to why Kirito doesn't like doing these life-or-death situations in MMOs I take it.
QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 09 2014, 06:57 PM)I know its the same seiyuu

But in-universe, the avatar is supposed to sound different anyway.well it's a similar case to each Sailorstar in SM anime, even as "men" they were voiced by their respective seiyuu... about his trauma by killing SAO players was touching to see in ep.7 how the hot nurse comforts him, also Spiegel to Sinon
smile.gif

I watched Extra Edition the other day and I just caught up with season 2, it helped me remember the story of this arc as well as who and what became of the antagonists of this arc.

The thing is that sort of sucks for this series is that despite it being epic, knowing what's going to happen takes the edge off this series for me. This is almost contradictory of me as I really do enjoy watching animes based off mangas and light novels I read but the thing with SAO II is that relies on build-up for the eventual pay-off, this of course makes the show slower but knowing the end result also makes it kind of a drag to watch. However, SAO II is still a great watch that brings a sunshine smile to my face....I wonder if anyone wants to speculate on who Death Gun is?

Kid-Wolf, Sinon and Kirito are actually on the same boat, because they both killed a person in real life because once you're dead in SAO, you are killed in real-life with the NerveGear frying your brain. However, Sinon killed that robber in the real world and he killed 3 in the virtual world with the end result of people dying in the real world.
cool.gif

QUOTE (Victory @ Aug 03 2014, 07:16 AM)It seems too easy for someone with a sniper to scope zoom on the registration kiosks and get another players address.

Using this information makes the simultaneous real-world killing theory more plausible.
QUOTE (Death_The_Kid)who is death gun actuallyor who are Death gun? i think it isn't the doing of one if Gunner X, Pale Rider or Sterben in ep.8 are from Laughing Coffin... maybe when one of them 'shots' an avatar, at the same time others go to kill its user IRL as in ep.1? Kirito-chan!
tongue.gif

I didn't want to answer his question because that's a major spoiler and you sort of guessed it right or know that's the answer in the sense it's not one person doing it and the method is what they actually employ .......not sure but ah well.
wink.gif

EDIT #1:

Pale Rider definitely ain't Death Gun. Episode 08 was good and damn, I hope they get up to the Alicization Arc and animate a lot of it.
rolleyes.gif

Well I have to say I was somewhat surprised that Kiriko actually did the girly pose along with wanting the guys to cheer for him before the start of the matchup.

Also, I kind of wonder if Shinon now knows that Kiriko was actually on of the members from the SAO incident or not here with how he described his past a bit more to her here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 24 2014, 05:27 PM) Also, I kind of wonder if Shinon now knows that Kiriko was actually on of the members from the SAO incident or not here with how he described his past a bit more to her here.
tongue.gif

No need to wonder, Sinon knows Kirito (lol Kiriko....you made him into a girl Wolfie) was trapped in SAO because she asks him "where you a part of that game?", which could only referenced to it being SAO and then Kirito hesitatingly answers "Yes".

I can't wait for all the duped guys to find out he's actually a guy, the pose he did was hilarious though.
laugh.gif

Marathoning Jojo, it's great.

Well I think he may of learned some of that from his waifu and the lady friends he made during his days in SAO and possibly even in ALO too.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Aug 24 2014, 01:54 PM)(lol Kiriko....you made him into a girl Wolfie)

Well he is supposed to be a girl while in the GGO game itself, but outside of that I would call him Kirito though. Although with how he was acting all girly and whatnot in this episode I think calling Kiriko is more proper as of late, if you ask me.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 24 2014, 11:26 PM) Well he is supposed to be a girl while in the GGO game itself, but outside of that I would call him Kirito though. Although with how he was acting all girly and whatnot in this episode I think calling Kiriko is more proper as of late, if you ask me.
tongue.gif

No, that's a male avatar.

The GGO avatar is a trap of the "easy to mistake shotacon" flavor, not the Crossplay/GIRL flavor.

He's just RPing it because he feels forced to.

Actually I think the fans more or less make him out to be more girly in his GGO avy than they should let on though. Heck it makes me wonder what Asuna would say if she show him act all girly like this though. In any case to think that Shinon is kind of put off by how Kiriko lead her on even though he couldn't find a right time or place to say that he's really a guy.

Although now that you think about it they did mention the whole some guys chose a female avy in MMOs because they either think they look better, or it's easier to ask for help at times, and Kiriko kind of proved that idea a few episodes back too.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 24 2014, 03:58 AM)They skipped quite a bit in this episode, but nothing major so far. Let's hope they do not start to skip content the way they did in S1.at first I thought Death Gun was Sterben telling by ep.9, after he baits Kirito by killing Pale Rider for real... but now that he used Gunner X as decoy and by the cliffhanger, i guess they're teaming up relatives of the guy killed by Sinon iRL
ohmy.gif

Lol at the speculation above.
tongue.gif

Oh, I love this show, Sinon getting feels for Kirito like everyone else only for her heart to be broken....twice.

I am leaning more towards Kuradeel, or a family member. I know that where you found the more stranger attitudes or influences in MMO's was from groups of relatives playing together, those were the most hardest to predict and by far the most troublesome if you wronged one of them in my exp, which means nothing lol. Not having read the manga or novel I am following the authors what I believe subtle hints back into SAO, and seeing Death Guns eyes rite at the end match perfectly with Kuradeels rite before Kirito killed him. IMOP of course.

Kuradeel himself can't be the answer, he's dead. His brain was fried by the NerveGear when Kirito impaled him in S01E10.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back