Sword Art Online II, Alicization: War of Underworld Part 2 & Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 12 2014, 12:50 PM) It feels so odd and strange when people are getting so into that shootout and really worried about dying. I'm sure it's an inconvenience, but GGO is just a normal game. It doesn't have the consequences SAO had, but their reactions make it feel that way.
When you get killed in GGO by a player, there's a chance you will lose some of your equipment, which will drop for your ennemy. When Sinon kill her first target, his gun doesn't disappear while his avatar explodes, because that gun was dropped as loot.

Given the price of some weapons (and rarity, many good weapons just can't be bought, like Sinon's Hecate), this penalty can be pretty severe, which explains those reactions.

As for the "smiling" part, I see it as a way to show the experience of the opponent. Even while ambushed, the guy reacts perfectly and doesn't show any signs of unease or panic, which can easily happens with less experienced players in any MMO when they get ganked.

QUOTE (daedalron @ Jul 12 2014, 07:51 PM) As for the "smiling" part, I see it as a way to show the experience of the opponent. Even while ambushed, the guy reacts perfectly and doesn't show any signs of unease or panic, which can easily happens with less experienced players in any MMO when they get ganked.
I don't buy that part. He was smiling cause his group was ambushed and he had a minigun hidden in waiting specifically for that scenario. The way Sinon described it was trying to make it waaay more profound than it actually was.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 12 2014, 05:47 PM) I don't buy that part. He was smiling cause his group was ambushed and he had a minigun hidden in waiting specifically for that scenario. The way Sinon described it was trying to make it waaay more profound than it actually was.
To be fair, Shino has severe emotional issues. Next episode will go into some of her personal motivations for playing an American VRMSHMUPO, and some of her odd obsessions with perfectly natural behaviors will make sense.

I was hoping we'd speed through GGO to get to either Mother's Rosario or Alicization, but seems we're in for a slow pace again. Most people seem to prefer the GGO arc over the ALO arc, but I really think the GGO arc is the lowest point of the series. It has most of the worst dialogs of the entire series in just one book alone.

Truthfully, the entire GGO arc is just a really bad Chekhov's gun setup for Alicization , anyway.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 13 2014, 04:00 AM) for playing an American VRMSHMUPO
At some point acronyms stop working and aren't effective at being shorthand. I think you went past it. lol

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 13 2014, 01:05 AM) At some point acronyms stop working and aren't effective at being shorthand. I think you went past it. lol
What part of Virtual Reality Massive SHooteM Up Online isn't effective communication?
biggrin.gif

I may or may not have been inspired by a recent thread on another site mocking "1 game genre labels" like MOBA.
rolleyes.gif

To be frank, the engagement for the battle was COMPLETELY stupid lol

I mean their side got Sinon who is a bloody sniper, and the opposition side doesn't have a sniper. Sniper is THE nemesis for mini-gunner, because they generally cannot move much when they fire their weapon...they are like sitting-ducks for snipers to pick off. Sure the minigunner could dodge her shot while he's not engagne in battle, that doesn't she won't be able to hit him when he's focusing on firing his minigun. Instead of providing cover fire from the safty of her high ground and reducing enemy numbers, she LEFT the position which is most likely outside the range of the opponents' weapon, she rushed down to join her team and engaged in close-quarter combat! Seriously WTF!? I guess the only possible explaination is that either the game doesn't have teamchat, or may be the teamchat has limited range.

Not complaining or anything, the whole battle engagement is just too ridiculous lol. The team was like "Oh nooooo! They got a minigunner we alllll gonna diiiiiiee!!" Hello!!!!???? So what they got a minigunner? Your team got a freaken sniper they don't!"

As for seeing Shino's real-life apperance lying on her bed (without glasses), one thing came to mind...Aruru! And coincidentally same seiyuu as well
biggrin.gif

For Sinon leaving her position, it will be explained later when they go into the specifics of GGO. When you fire a gun, a red line appears showing the trajectory of your bullet. So dodging a bullet which is fired from far away is described as easy, especially for someone experienced like Behemoth (minigun guy).
"If the player has high reaction, high AGI, and enough courage, he can evade more than 50% of the assault rifle continuously fired bullets from 50 meters." (GGO Vol 5)

Snipers have a specific rule, where only the first bullet they shoot doesn't show the line. That's how Behemoth easily evaded Sinon's second shot, given the distance and therefore more time for him to react and dodge. To avoid the red line from showing again, Sinon had to switch position. I agree however that she should have gone to another sniping position instead of going down to meet her teammates.

So with this episode we get to see Sinon in action for once here. Although you kind of see her sniping one of the unit members in the first episode, but this kind of explains as to why she was doing it now.

Although meanwhile on ALO Kirito most likely decided to talk to Asuna about him going on a mission to stop Death Gun in GGO here. Although I'm still wondering when we'll get to see Kirito play as a female character for once here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (daedalron @ Jul 13 2014, 05:02 AM) For Sinon leaving her position, it will be explained later when they go into the specifics of GGO. When you fire a gun, a red line appears showing the trajectory of your bullet. So dodging a bullet which is fired from far away is described as easy, especially for someone experienced like Behemoth (minigun guy).
"If the player has high reaction, high AGI, and enough courage, he can evade more than 50% of the assault rifle continuously fired bullets from 50 meters." (GGO Vol 5)

Snipers have a specific rule, where only the first bullet they shoot doesn't show the line. That's how Behemoth easily evaded Sinon's second shot, given the distance and therefore more time for him to react and dodge. To avoid the red line from showing again, Sinon had to switch position. I agree however that she should have gone to another sniping position instead of going down to meet her teammates.
Well, who read the ligth novel got the upperhand. Its only two ep. There's a lot of rules in GGO that need to be explain. Chills.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 13 2014, 03:00 AM)To be fair, Shino has severe emotional issues. Next episode will go into some of her personal motivations for playing an American VRMSHMUPO, and some of her odd obsessions with perfectly natural behaviors will make sense.
QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jul 15 2014, 01:50 AM)Well, who read the ligth novel got the upperhand. Its only two ep. There's a lot of rules in GGO that need to be explain. Chills.learned that by myself too from previous SAO arcs, waiting for their game rules to explain its apparent nonsense... or else read LNs ;p so after Shino's killer loli past in ep.3, at last GGO She-Kirito will be created (hot nurse joins harem?)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 19 2014, 11:35 AM) learned that by myself too from previous SAO arcs, waiting for their game rules to explain its apparent nonsense... or else read LNs ;p so after Shino's killer loli past in ep.3, at last GGO She-Kirito will be created (hot nurse joins harem?)
laugh.gif

Nah, Lieutenant Aki is decidedly not part of the harem. Not unless Chrysheight is part of the harem, and that'd just be freaky, even if he does seem to have a strange mancrush on Kirito.

You know when they finally showed the hot nurse toying with him, since she was that for his therapy back at the end of SAO, I was almost thinking that Kirito inadvertently added another to his harem while we weren't looking here.
tongue.gif

Also with seeing the reason as to why Shino has a panic attack while looking at or even holding any kind of gun was to be more or less expected. Although seeing her mother freak out because she managed the kill the robber that was more or less going to kill her just because the guy was crazy enough to do it.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 19 2014, 01:56 PM)Aki is decidedly not part of the harem. Not unless Chrysheight is part of the harem, and that'd just be freaky, even if he does seem to have a strange mancrush on K
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 19 2014, 10:18 PM)You know when they finally showed the hot nurse toying with him, since she was that for his therapy back at the end of SAO, I was almost thinking that Kirito inadvertently added another to his haremlol too bad (for him) ¬¬ to think he didn't pick his female avatar, a guy tried to buy that account (more for being a trap)... now Kirito knows what it feels to be flirted by men thinking he's a girl, at least he met Sinon easier as 'it' (Oh No!)
tongue.gif

Okay now we finally see Kirito, or should I call him Kiriko, on GGO for once. To think his transfer over to GGO from ALO changed him into a girl here. I kind of wonder how that actually happened here. Although I can kind of hazard a guess as to who did this to him in the first place.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 26 2014, 08:35 PM) Okay now we finally see Kirito, or should I call him Kiriko, on GGO for once. To think his transfer over to GGO from ALO changed him into a girl here. I kind of wonder how that actually happened here. Although I can kind of hazard a guess as to who did this to him in the first place.
tongue.gif

The way they're referring to Avatars by model numbers is an homage to Phantasy star Universe's CAST (android) appearance parts.

Also, Kirito's still male. The Trap-9000 avatar is based on account age at time of avatar creation.

I'd forgotten the Evasion Prediction game was left untranslated by the developers. The English was pretty funny (and surprisingly passable)

Around here is where I'm going to point back and suggest that everyone re-watch "A murder case in the area", It will indirectly explain where Kirito learned how to ride a GGO bike. (The book actually goes to clarify that the bike uses the exact same system as in that ep.)

Edit: I'd never noticed how much the concepts of prediction lines and random spread contradicted each other before seeing them in action visually. Seems like they come backwards in sequence.
rolleyes.gif

Just saw the episode...the scene of Kirito pretending to be a girl to Shino almost made me spitted out my coffee
laugh.gif

Those gestures he was pulling...he was literally mimicking his wife lol

Well now we finally get to see a major hint to Death Gun's identity in this very episode. To think that with the way Kirito fights along with his own name is kind of a dead giveaway to who he really is to anyone that once played either SAO or ALO for that matter.

Never the less for it to be a member of the guild Laughing Coffin is kind of a surprise here. Although this might explain as to why he is able to PK people to where they die in real life. I get the feeling that it might be due to the fact that since Death Gun was a member of an PK Guild in SAO they managed to keep their PK ability, or at least one of them managed to obtain that skill somehow.

It seems too easy for someone with a sniper to scope zoom on the registration kiosks and get another players address.

Using this information makes the simultaneous real-world killing theory more plausible.

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 27 2014, 01:00 AM)Kirito's still male. The Trap-9000 avatar is based on account age at time of avatar creation.

Edit: I'd never noticed how much the concepts of prediction lines and random spread contradicted each other before seeing them in action visually. Seems like they come backwards in sequence.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jul 28 2014, 02:24 AM)Just saw the episode...the scene of Kirito pretending to be a girl to Shino almost made me spitted out my coffee
laugh.gif

Those gestures he was pulling...he was literally mimicking his wife lollol after revealing he is a trap as expected Sinon treats him coldly, shocked just like her friend Spiegel xD... still funny that Kiriko mimics his waifu in ep.5, until he met Death Gun after BoB's 1st battle
tongue.gif

I think the reason why Kiriko was acting like that is because he's been hanging around his waifu a whole lot as of late both on and off of ALO of course. I mean you can pick up on habits if you hang around someone for a long time.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back