survey about break-ups

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
Hey everyone,

as part of the "intercultural communication in practice" class i'm taking, my workgroup has decided to research break-ups, especially to compare the japanese and foreigners' thoughts and actions on the matter. considering i'm in japan it's pretty easy to get japanese people to do the survey, but we're kinda' low on foreign people -- and that makes it a little too difficult for us to make comparisons, since we don't have decent results to compare the japanese results to.

so i would like to ask you guys to fill this survey if possible; i'm especially interested in people between 15 and 30 years old, since that's our target age range. it doesn't matter where you're from and if you're a guy or a girl, by the way.
also, after all research is finished and results are determined, i will make them public (they won't be available before that).

Please take your time to answer, there's no rush.. and all entries are completely anonymous so please don't keep things to yourself just because they're embarassing
smile.gif

if you have any questions, comments or whatever, feel free to post on this thread!

Thanks in advance!

Done and done. I even left you a signature at the end so you can be sure that I've filled up the survey. It was waaaaaaaay shorter than those surveys I do for school; "Will only take 5 minutes!" ---- *an hour later, on 153th page of actual survey* "Now that was short wasn't it?".

Don't wanna put any pressure on ya'. But where's our promised game?

what game was it again?
smile.gif

i'm yet to do too many things (read: everything) that i've promised to do, and i promised a lot, so i don't know specifically which project you mean
tongue.gif
about the game, let's just say i'm a terrible terrible person who promises things believing in his own words, but never comes around to accomplish anything.

i still haven't given up though. i've just given up on promising new things since i know what it'll lead to, and i've put everything on a indefinite hiatus (and daft is doing what i was supposed to do with anibloc).

i suck. and thanks for helping me out!:)

I filled in the pages, but some questions are missing some answers. Like the one where you ask how much time should pass before getting a new bf/gf, i am missing the option "It depends if i am over the last person or not". You cant really put a time line next to that.

Put my 2 cents in the survey even though I havent had a relationship yet. But I didn't do those last 2 questions where you need to write somethingXD Was too lazy to think of something lol

I filled out the survey. Only gripe I had was when you asked how many times have you broken up with someone and how many times have you been broken up with; what if the both of us decided together to break up (neither of us was the one to actually break it off, it was consensual).
You ask how many relationships we have been in, if we are currently in a relationship, etc, so it kinda seems like - according to the survey - I'm in a relationship, when in fact I'm single (which I also stated in the survey).

well, if you say you had 3 relationships, broke up once and was broken up once as well, i assume the third case was mutual agreement..

i know this survey has some things that should be better explained, but we didn't have much time to write it and we can't change it after we get some replies.. well, if you don't know what to answer, not answering is fine
smile.gif

DoR, that question is more like "how long after breaking up is morally right before getting a new bf/gf".. like, if you were completely over that person, would it be acceptable for you to immediatly get a new one? i understand your question though, and i'll keep a note on that
smile.gif

thanks for helping, everyone!

well i filled out that survey but i dont know how useful it'll be
blink.gif
i also left out some questions cuz it didnt apply to me
wink.gif
and if you've never actually broken up with someone would the answers given be counted?
ph34r.gif

sure, we're interested in knowing both what people do, and what people believe in / think they would do. our beliefs and actions differ much more often than they should, in my opinion
smile.gif
(for example, pretty much everyone thinks that the right way to break up with someone is in person, but many people broke up by phone, ignoring the person, etc). not answering every question is fine as well!

thanks for your help!
smile.gif

well I'm 31 but I could tell you about my breakups, and I don't mind talking about them on here as I'm quite open about myself.
I've been through 2 breakups so you have a choice of 1xdivorce and 1x"normal" breakup
dry.gif

I can say thought that from my experience there is definitely NOT a definite right way to breakup with someone as ideally we don't like to hurt the other person but it is pretty much impossible not to hurt someone in a breakup

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back