Summary of February 2005

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I find money to pay for the servers? Well, when I started this project, I wasn't anticipating to pay every month. I think I laid down like $1,500 for this project (and another) to either sink or swim. The other project did pretty poorly but this one is working out just fine. Heh, no it's not my parent's money. Just because I don't have a regular job at the moment doesn't mean I don't have money available to me.
smile.gif

The other project did poorly so I ended it. It was a project that offered game servers (mostly for CounterStrike) to various clans free of charge. I think I ended up hosting like 6 to 8 clans. The revenue coming in was nowhere near enough to cover the servers so I ended that project after like 3 months.

Student loans? I wish I had those. Instead we have something called Raster Money, and we go on a plan to pay fees, and then it adds up. For example, you could be on a $10/week plan so you would pay $2 a day, it would get stored in the school, and at the end of the year you get it all back, or you can use it to pay for school excursions/photocopier/emergency phone calls. It's like emergency money, or whatever. Some of the popular plans are:

$10/week ($2 day)
$7.50/week ($1.50 day)
$5/week ($1 day)
$2.50/week (50c day)
25c week (5c day) <-- Actually, this one is pretty popular

I'm on a Casual Change plan, which means I just hand in whatever I have left over at the end of the day, if any, and that just gets added up. I guess most days I have about 2-3 dollars left, so I give in 1 or 2 dollars. It's nice to have, because by the end of the year you can have thousands of dollars
smile.gif

Thats mainly because you're too young to take out a loan sasha. coolio, daft and myself are studenets attending college/university. In England we can apply for a student loan from the local authority to help pay school fees and accomodation, anything left over we can use to survive our daily lives with essentials (pasta anyone?).

QUOTE (DigitalDrunkenMonkey @ Mar 16 2005, 04:02 AM) Thats mainly because you're too young to take out a loan sasha. coolio, daft and myself are studenets attending college/university. In England we can apply for a student loan from the local authority to help pay school fees and accomodation, anything left over we can use to survive our daily lives with essentials (pasta anyone?).
Pretty much the same as here. We receive a set amount each month which is for "free" and doesnt have to be paid back. We can apply for an extra which we have to pay back if college takes to long or we drop out, if we finish on time this loan we be given to us. (we dont have to pay back anything) There is another loan which you do have to pay back and is meant mostly for housing....I think. Not sure, still live with my parents since thats for free.
laugh.gif
I like free money.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back