suicide?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Gattsu

-chan
Kouhai
hi all,
have you or someone you know ever considered suicide?

i am just wondering as i myself am going through a hard time

and one of my best freand have comited suicide a year ago in a week

i meen i find it hard to beilve that there is no one on this forum that is been afected by it

at teh mo i am sane ^^

SO NO FLAMING ME i just want to get ur views have you ever consided or any one you know considered it?

and befor you all start i am not considering at teh moment so dont

any way what are ur culcheral and personal viwes on the subject ^^

Never concided it,im going through a hard time as we'll and i have done anything that i can to solve my problem but have yet to concider suicide.I don't think that i am capable of that i can't even stand getting hurt as in any pain can't stand it afraid to get hurt.If you feel like you can't sort out your problem get help by someone you trust,if they can't then if you still feel like crap then kill your self if you want SORRY don't know what your problem is but comeon r u crazy nothing is worth killing yourself are u from usa cuase i hered ppl like killing themselves over thier.DON'T YOU OR ANYBODY GET PISSED AT ME.

dont balme you that would be my advice but luckly i have a freand that has helped me but i find it hard to think that all the ppl that have looked in here you are thet only one who will comment

as i said i dont want advice i just watn to see ppl views on teh subject please understand that ok

I have thought about it almost every day when I was younger. I dont think, that killing yourself is selfish or cowardly. Only ppl who dont know what it means to suffer every day and almost become crazy, can say it is cowardly. I believe, that every adult person is the master of his own life and can decide whether he wants to live or not......

But I dont think you can discuss this matter in this forum. I tried to have a decent descussion on this subject in another thread and BOY, they flamed me.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Nov 21 2006, 01:42 PM)I tried to have a decent descussion on this subject in another thread and BOY, they flamed me.

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 21 2006, 08:48 AM)SO NO FLAMING ME i just want to get ur views have you ever consided or any one you know considered it?
Since when are flames even sligthly tolerated on FTV?? Such action will lead to post behing deleted and posting privileges suspended.

If I missed such unacceptable actions, please do not hesitate to point them out and I will take care of it. Permanently!

===

Now onto the asked question.

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 21 2006, 08:48 AM)have you or someone you know ever considered suicide?
i am just wondering as i myself am going through a hard time Things can seriously go bad in ones life. But consider what life is, nothing is really set. I know this may sound cliche, but it is true that no one knows what the future will hold.

Of course, don't expect a miracle. This means that the person needs to steer in the direction they want. Everyone has things they want. While aiming for those, they can have a chance of getting to them. Of course, if someone does not try, it is nearly certain it will never happend!

I would say that suicide is simply deniying the possibilities. After all, unfortunatly, the past can't be changed. Sometimes we wish it could, but there is nothing we can do in the present to change what has already happended.

So once we hit bottom, why not give time to get up again? At least that is what I always told myself in the rather tought moments I had about 2 and a half years ago.

There is also another important thing to consider. I know this is not exactly what we want to hear when we are in pain, but once we have had some time to thing about it and clear our head (and this may mean many months), we usally find there are lots of other things we can still enjoy that we were not considering anymore. Specially things we stopped doing.

What I mean is that over time, we all stop doing things we liked, for a reason or another. Sometimes, it is a choice, sometimes we thing we lack time , etc, etc. The point is, these small activities are things we usally like very much. These "bad and dark times" are usally good times to try to start doing those activities again. It gives us something to do, puts our mind on something else and, most importantly, we start to enjoy ourselves again. In other words, don't just stop living, try new things, get back into hold habits, anything you once enjoyed in your life will help. Just try it and you may be supprised.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Nov 21 2006, 01:42 PM)Only ppl who dont know what it means to suffer every day and almost become crazy, can say it is cowardly. I believe, that every adult person is the master of his own life and can decide whether he wants to live or not......I would also say, suicide is not a "coward's way out". It is an option like many others. But it is an option that is final and which makes other options impossible. Considering the implication, there are usally many other options that are a lot more interesting.

Last thing that needs to be said, is the impact on the people that are there to help. Once someone chooses suicide, the people that usally feel the worst, are the friends and family that were there for the person. They feel as if they were "not enough" or were lacking in some sense. Quite a sad thing to make suffer those that were willing to help.

I know someone who was in the situation where he was there for someone he was close to and that person killed herself. Let's just say it was a rather hard thing on that person.

The problem with suicide is that your actions never affect you only, but others as well. In that way, suicide is an ultimately selfish action.

I have gone through some pretty hard times, and yes, I have said that I wished I could just die. However, were I to have done so, it would have hurt others potentially worse that I was hurting myself. I have those who truly love me. It would be a final and disastrous rejection of them. Only if my passing would definitely bring them more comfort than sorrow would such an option begin to be acceptable. There are others of whom I am often unaware who value me and would be hurt by such an action.

I have been hurt enough in my lifetime to wish no hurt on others.

Life is precious. Even those who suffer often have much to contribute, and the world would be the worse without them. Imagine no music by Beethoven, no paintings by Vincent van Gogh, no Psalms by David. Our rough times keep us human and allow us to be compassionate on others in trouble.

I would say that if you are hurting, you might be helped by helping others who are hurting. It is amazing that it works, but it often does. And one who hurts is better able to understand what the one he or she is hurting needs.

And what you give to others usually is returned, often when you least expect it.

Regards,

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Nov 21 2006, 02:45 PM) The problem with suicide is that your actions never affect you only, but others as well. In that way, suicide is an ultimately selfish action.

Hummmm, interesting notion. I have been told this many times before.... and... you know what? If a person is already so desperate that he/she considers suicide, then that person should not think about his relatives. Sure they will be sad.... but is that really a reason to continue unbearable suffering?

My brother tried to commit suicide almost 2 years ago and it is a miracle he is alive. He jumped 30 meters and survived it.... his legs were totally shattered and he injured his spine. BUT HE CAN WALK!!! yes, it is a miracle.

And those 2 hours after we found his letter and before we found him were the longest in my life. You know, I think it was a sign from heaven, because I have always thought about suicide ever since I was a little kid and now I got to see what it is like to do such a thing, just that it wasnt ME.

It was heartbreaking to see my mother and it was hard for us all..... but what startled me the most is.... that my bro has done it the same way like I have always imagined to do it. I am glad that I dont have any strong depressions anymore.... but I sure can understand those, who dont see any sense in their lifes and who choose the ultimate solution. Their life, their choice.

sar no flaming wich is alot diffrent thean when ppl start this convo on other forums....

but the points are very valid but as with my freand he onyl a few select freand and his perent were dead

in my case i just dont care about anyone but me cos i am selfish but anyhoos i found tha tthe only thing holding me back was fear of pain other than that nothing was wrong

but so far i can tell that this will actually be ameeningfull convo!!

[MODERATOR's NOTE: Please try to use full words (no abbreviations please) and try to watch your writing. You can be hard to read, specially for the many member for who English is not the first language. This will allow more members to respond to your thoughts]

powerful words have been spoken. i myself have not felt such a way but i know that if a close friend of mine did this i know how many people would be affected and if people actually care about you, then isnt that enough to live if people feel such a way about you. as said before you can overlook the good things which you love but you have missplaced them in your mind and overlooked the joy they give you. btw enjoy rebirth
happy.gif

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 21 2006, 03:25 PM)sar no flaming wich is alot diffrent thean when ppl start this convo on other forums....
Well, this is a rather special lot I think. And we have good moderators which help us remember our manners.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE but the points are very valid but as with my freand he onyl a few select freand and his perent were dead

A pity. And I say that honestly. However, your friend has (had?) two choices. He can succumb to circumstances, or he can rise above them. You understand the point, I hope. Your fate is your choice. You only have no hope left when you have abandoned all of it. And you have nothing left to live for only when you have abandoned your humanity.

Circumstances have a strange way of changing, given time and effort. Relationships can be built. We can find things worth having, worth living for.

QUOTE in my case i just dont care about anyone but me cos i am selfish but anyhoos i found tha tthe only thing holding me back was fear of pain other than that nothing was wrong

You sure? I hope you don't really mean it. I agree that all of us are selfish to varying degrees. But I rather think you probably do care about others more than you are admitting here.

There doesn't have to be pain in suicide, you know. Some ways are quite painless. An overdose of sleeping medicine, for example, or carbon monoxide poisoning.

So why don't we just do it? There has to be a deeper reason. Even if we won't admit it to ourselves or to others, there is a will to live even when there seems no reason to. We cannot keep ourselves from hoping that the future will bring better things.

And it usually does. It requires some work and effort. Your circumstances will not change without your input. But if you are willing to become better than what you are, you can make changes that will enhance your sense of a meaningful life.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Nov 21 2006, 03:21 PM)QUOTE (rtgmath @ Nov 21 2006, 02:45 PM) The problem with suicide is that your actions never affect you only, but others as well. In that way, suicide is an ultimately selfish action.

Hummmm, interesting notion. I have been told this many times before.... and... you know what? If a person is already so desperate that he/she considers suicide, then that person should not think about his relatives. Sure they will be sad.... but is that really a reason to continue unbearable suffering?

As I have grown older, I have found that my perspectives on "unbearable" and "suffering" have changed over time.

For example, one of my sons got angry with me recently. He chaffed under a decision I made he did not like, and being one to store up grievances, he said hurtful things and declared that life was unbearable. He can get fiercely angry and insist that any disagreement with him means being completely unreasonable. Mind you, he is a lot better than he was years ago. And in my youth I was much life him temper-wise. The things I found unbearable in my youth I found later on were called "life's inconveniences." Yes, even some severe medical problems.

Indeed, after a few hours of sulking, he relinquished his anger and got better. I have worried about him on occasion. The more angry he gets the more profound the depression that follows. And medicating depression in youth is risky. Some medications like Paxil and Zoloft are actually associated with increased suicide risk in adolescents.

And I am confident my son will change his perspective over time. I have tried to be careful not to ignore signs of medically-significant depression. We are all depressed at times. I have had one episode that lasted for probably about a year.

QUOTE My brother tried to commit suicide almost 2 years ago and it is a miracle he is alive. He jumped 30 meters and survived it.... his legs were totally shattered and he injured his spine. BUT HE CAN WALK!!! yes, it is a miracle.

And those 2 hours after we found his letter and before we found him were the longest in my life. You know, I think it was a sign from heaven, because I have always thought about suicide ever since I was a little kid and now I got to see what it is like to do such a thing, just that it wasnt ME.

It was heartbreaking to see my mother and it was hard for us all..... but what startled me the most is.... that my bro has done it the same way like I have always imagined to do it. I am glad that I dont have any strong depressions anymore.... but I sure can understand those, who dont see any sense in their lifes and who choose the ultimate solution. Their life, their choice.

Depression, by its very nature, keeps us from seeing the real truth about our circumstances. I am also glad you don't suffer from strong depression any more, but should you do so, admit it to someone and get some help. Other mental illness needs to be recognized and treated. Much of it can be effectively treated.

I hope also that your brother will find life increasingly worth living. Peace to you and yours.

Regards,

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 21 2006, 06:48 AM) hi all,
have you or someone you know ever considered suicide?

i am just wondering as i myself am going through a hard time

and one of my best freand have comited suicide a year ago in a week

i meen i find it hard to beilve that there is no one on this forum that is been afected by it

at teh mo i am sane ^^

SO NO FLAMING ME i just want to get ur views have you ever consided or any one you know considered it?

and befor you all start i am not considering at teh moment so dont

any way what are ur culcheral and personal viwes on the subject ^^
Jesus chirst, you've got to be insane to think commiting suicide is something unusual. That's what I think about every time I get a test back.

edit: And just wanted to add, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

QUOTE (noob @ Nov 21 2006, 09:40 PM) Jesus chirst, you've got to be insane to think commiting suicide is something unusual. That's what I think about every time I get a test back.

edit: And just wanted to add, I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Now that's a perspective. Hmmm. I have lost a few students out from my math class. I wonder. I wonder. And yes, the tests were *that bad*.

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Nov 21 2006, 10:14 PM) Now that's a perspective. Hmmm. I have lost a few students out from my math class. I wonder. I wonder. And yes, the tests were *that bad*.
Well the thing is, it's the same stuff that I've been doing in the past and I should be getting 100% in them since I'm the one helping out most of my friends, who just happen to beat me in every damn quiz.

Something that you all should know is, suicide takes guts to do it and I can probably back that up to some extent. But as we all know, that isn't true at all times.

Hmm, did a survey at school and apperently 1/10 kids has attemped suicide 0-o
what a number!

I bet I could find a higher result after our final exams... They survey would go up to 120%.... yeah even the instructors would want to suicide after the finals.

[MODERATOR's NOTE: Theses comments about school finals are becoming less and less thoughtful with each posts. Please do not post unless there is something relevant to the conversation to be said.]

wel i have attmped in teh past dident suckseed adn lo i am not for to wory about education cos i am a fast lerner thank god (i have been off for 3 weeks ill....) but humm it is an incresing number that is trying its not good for sosiaty

and in an earlyer postit was had

I think suicide is a good option... r u still going to try it?? it takes a lot of courage..but if u can summon up the courage, before u attemp suicide, try to use the courage to solve your time first.. if u can solve it no use suicide.. if u cant then maybe suicide is your choice... but before u try suicide after failing to solve your problem, try to beg for money or something.. if u succeed then u dont have to suicide
Anyway wat method did u try suicide???WHat is the least pain way to kill ourself?

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 22 2006, 06:16 AM) wel i have attmped in teh past dident suckseed adn lo i am not for to wory about education cos i am a fast lerner thank god (i have been off for 3 weeks ill....) but humm it is an incresing number that is trying its not good for sosiaty

and in an earlyer postit was had
You say you a fast learner so i take it you can solve whatever problem you have without commiting suicide.Not many ppl can express themselves emotionally meaning talk about there problems or whatever,i'm one of them.So if you don't feel like sharing your problems with us it's ok,but come on this is pathetic no problem can't be solved.You failed killing yourself the first time so i would take that as a sign that it's not my time yet how old are you anyway im 21 my problem that im lazy just spend my mother's money all day then go home and spend time on my p.c might take a job here at this internet cafe.Not living a meaning full life but i enjoy myself so why can't you huh,just try enjoying self do something that you have'nt done in a while that you enjoy and get some perspective of your life and concider the future to.

QUOTE (rtgmath @ Nov 21 2006, 06:10 PM) Depression, by its very nature, keeps us from seeing the real truth about our circumstances. I am also glad you don't suffer from strong depression any more, but should you do so, admit it to someone and get some help. Other mental illness needs to be recognized and treated. Much of it can be effectively treated.

This is very ugly what you just said. Depressions can, but dont have to be a result of mental illness. Why does a person who wants to live think, that a person who doesnt want to live must be crazy? OK, I know that the instinct of self preservation is a sign of mental health... but does it really mean you are crazy when you dont want to live?

I have been thinking a lot about society, about ppl, about sense in life and somehow I fail to see, what is so wonderfull about it. Ppl are deceptive, selfish, they lie to each other, the envy each other, they enjoy humiliating those who they consider inferior..... is this a world I want to live in? HELL NOOOOO

I am tired of it. I have always been kind to everybody and only received bad treatment in return. Life is no fun for me.... and I dont think that is an illness. I rationally thought about it for many years and I just dont think it is worth it, as simple as that. It is more pain and trouble than fun....

QUOTE (warita200 @ Nov 22 2006, 01:19 PM) Depressions can, but dont have to be a result of mental illness. Why does a person who wants to live think, that a person who doesnt want to live must be crazy? OK, I know that the instinct of self preservation is a sign of mental health... but does it really mean you are crazy when you dont want to live?
Since when did a mental illness mean you were automatically considered "crazy"? I don't think that was the intended implication by saying depression is a mental illness (which technically it is, the way it is treated in society. Whether you believe it is or not is another matter).

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back