Subbers Video Encoding

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと
Retired
To those who know how the subber encode their video can you please tell me they are clashing with my program im trying to use with them for school. Example trying to import a subber video into adobe premiere to cut the show and it only import the sound and when i tested an unsub one i didnt have a problem. Same problem with adobe after effect I import the video but i cant even use it. So I just need to know what they do to the video so I can try to configure the program or find something to make the program work with the video.
Thx

It's possible that the software you are using doesn't recognize the file type if you are using something like MKV.
It might help if you told us what file you are trying to work with, what file type it is, etc...

Well im at skool atm =P learning some more Marcomedia Director atm getting same problem with the video too but one of my shuffle vid that was in mpg work in that program. Well I know near all the program im using wont do mkv unless i convert them. Which might be a good way if i cant find my problem so a suggestion of a good converter program to convert to something like quicktime format since most .mov file work in these programs. Adobe Master Collection isnt as great as it suppose to be i guess if it doesnt work with the anime files lol...

Well im using mostly the avi subber files anyone will do it.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Apr 15 2008, 08:25 AM) It's possible that the software you are using doesn't recognize the file type if you are using something like MKV.

He got sound so it had to be able to split whatever container was used.

Anyway, get raws from Share/Winny instead of using subber videos. You'll end up with a higher quality output in the end and also a much easier to work with file. Not that I guarantee you can import them directly into Adobe Premiere.

My suggestion is to check the AMV guide for ideas of what to do. (they tend to use Premiere)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtechbeta/

Fansub encoders don't tend to use Premiere.. We stick to Avisynth, Virtualdub, x264, besweet, mkvmerge, mp4box, dvd2avi, xvid_encraw and maybe some other stuff.

Well I did a little research on Share/Winny and sound great but since Im new to it (I think I heard of it before) I have negative feelling toward it. Although I may have negative feeling to it in the future when I know japanese more than now and I can use all the program im using better then the Share/Winny will really be usesful. I just dont know which to use Winny that was kinda stop by the jap police or Share the Successor of Winny. Which would u say to use Share or Winny or both? XD

Well I would like to cut the middle man(converting files) and switch to Share/Winny but for the time being I will be converting I guess. I had just tested several program which some of their name are ImToo and WinAvi. The ImToo didnt do exectly what I was trying to do and the WinAVI didnt have a convertion to mov so I try testing to convert to WMV which I then import it to after effect and premeire didnt try 3ds max yet but so far those test work atm. So I need to hurry up and do my project for tomorrow XD

oh yea I think it was the xvid encoding that was preventing me to import right.

Edit:
Seem like WMV dont work with 3ds max so it seem like i have move conversion if i convert to wmv first...

Share tends to be infinitely more useful. But winny does have it's uses on some older animes. Though Share does have an English TL for it, so that would likely make it more usable for most people. But do know that knowing Japanese is no requirement for using either client. For your information I use both with no knowledge of how to read any Japanese. Here are guides for both clients:

http://www.uguu.org/share/
http://www.uguu.org/winny/

Do note that raws aren't much different than fansubs. (though you rarely run across the 120fps hack in fansubs) But the quality that can be attained is of much higher potential when using raws instead of fansubs.

Lastly, about Premiere; does it not accept lossless formats? (huffyuv/ffv1 perhaps?)

If so, I then would suggest learning how to use Avisynth and Virtualdub. This would pretty much set you on the path of being able to convert anything in existence without difficulty. Those one click solution tools can never guarantee this.

It appear I been having avisynth I think I got that when I install my psp converter =) but Virtual dub I dl it and test it out just now it crashes. I think that is because of all the other stuff I got on my computer which i need so it appear I wont beable to use Virtual dub but from what read and saw it look like it only convert to avi and there is a chance I cant use it.

As for Premiere Im not sure what it support since I was only trying to use it to cut a video or get it to change the format.

Well with the following program I use with sooo many convertions I did >.< was WinAVI, Prism, and some adobe after effect. I manage to complete that project in time Render took 1 hour in 3ds max (1000frames) and the vid only lasted 33 sec XD and the assignment I just got this tuesday I was able to do that one too with more conversions =). I will pm the one who help shortly on what I did.

As for share/winny I havent problem finding the program to dl hahah

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Apr 19 2008, 11:08 AM) It appear I been having avisynth I think I got that when I install my psp converter =) but Virtual dub I dl it and test it out just now it crashes. I think that is because of all the other stuff I got on my computer which i need so it appear I wont beable to use Virtual dub but from what read and saw it look like it only convert to avi and there is a chance I cant use it.

As for Premiere Im not sure what it support since I was only trying to use it to cut a video or get it to change the format.

Well with the following program I use with sooo many convertions I did >.< was WinAVI, Prism, and some adobe after effect. I manage to complete that project in time Render took 1 hour in 3ds max (1000frames) and the vid only lasted 33 sec XD and the assignment I just got this tuesday I was able to do that one too with more conversions =). I will pm the one who help shortly on what I did.

As for share/winny I havent problem finding the program to dl hahah
I use Virtualdub more so for filtering to a lossless encode and then inputting the lossless into whatever I use to encode for distribution (usually x264). It's faster and much more simpler to work on a encode this way. No idea why it crashed for you.

Share and Winny are findable. Takes some google searching most likely. Can't get a direct link for you though. (don't know one and I doubt it's within the rules of this forum)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back