Strange Mindsets...

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
not sure my understanding is correct or not but isn't catharsis the process of directly confronting an internal problem by going inwards identifying the problem and resolving the problem internally on your own?
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Gustl1976 @ Feb 06 2008, 06:55 AM) not sure my understanding is correct or not but isn't catharsis the process of directly confronting an internal problem by going inwards identifying the problem and resolving the problem internally on your own?
unsure.gif

I guess it's another word with several meanings.

According to wikipedia, it has indeed a dramaturgical meaning (the one I gave) and a more medical one (the one you gave).

The two meanings are still quite close.

Maybe people see sadness as a pleasure in different meaning? Maybe it's not the sensation of satisfication or joy. Maybe it's the sense of realization, that you are not alone that have to suffer with the same sense. You realize that there are more people who are just like you, worse even. From that, you gain the stronghold to carry on, and last you feel a slight relief. Maybe that's a fragment of pleasure.

I suppose that's in part why it all boils down to the old cliche, misery loves company.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back