Story writings and other general chats

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Mar Episcopa

-san
Kouhai
Well I am back and as a few users suggested I am creating a thread finally (what has it been over a week or so since I was told to do so? sorry Dark Messiah
smile.gif
)

Well to get a topic started, how about if you were writing, reading or watching a story how would prefer the villain to enter the story. (this is just to get started we can the breakdown and move to different things. Hopefully this thread wont die too quickly..)

well, i can't understand the question you're asking, but i'll try answering. if a villian came into the story, it's not so usuall that they'll just pop up out of nowhere. so, almost like any other stories, they are blended in with the trust of the main characters. so, the villian would be a good guy before showing himself into a bad guy to show the good guys that he was really a bad guy soon after. makes sense?

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Sep 2 2005, 08:24 PM) well, i can't understand the question you're asking, but i'll try answering. if a villian came into the story, it's not so usuall that they'll just pop up out of nowhere. so, almost like any other stories, they are blended in with the trust of the main characters. so, the villian would be a good guy before showing himself into a bad guy to show the good guys that he was really a bad guy soon after. makes sense?
Unexpected twists? Those are always good, catches the readers by suprised. But I think now that's over used, especially in horror films.

You could have the villian become part of the "hero" group, but he would need a very good reason to do so. While we're on the subject, wouldnt it be more interesting to not make a hero group? (as in, make the "hero" a guy to hate)

Mar Episcopa Don't be afraid you will have my support man
wink.gif

I have written once a manga story in my mother language(greek)
So in my work there a lot of villains.There is kima the main character who meets seven other characters at his journeys.Everyone have their nemesis except kima.
Kima has a problem he doesn't remember anything about his past he was found in the beggining in the desert from a merchant.After kima meets his three first companions they fight a villain rouli after they defeat him he whispers the phrase ''Master i failed forgive me he hasn't have a human aura''.And then we understand that there is a greater evil.The main villain is introduced after we have six members in our team.It is night the villain stands in a cliff and the jackals are screaming.We hear a moan and then we see a woman in blood.Our main villain go there and grabs her hand and says ''Welcome princess'' she doesn't reply anyhing.So that's how we are introduced to the main villain
ohmy.gif
I hope you like it mar episcopa the story was kind of big and i want to keep some highlights for later so we can have an alive thread
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kaorin @ Sep 2 2005, 10:26 PM) Unexpected twists? Those are always good, catches the readers by suprised. But I think now that's over used, especially in horror films.
i don't mean expected twists anyways. ones used in horror films=people are too dumb to know who is who. i liked the uses of what they did in Silent Mobius did. very surprising that a person could change in 3 month's time

QUOTE (TNT @ Sep 4 2005, 01:39 AM) @ Mar How about posting a chapter?
wink.gif

I would if I didnt keep scraping my writings after getting past the first one. I do it because the villain seems too evil. is that even possible? Other than that my problem is I seem to stretch out descriptions. So the only thing I haven't scrapped out so far is like a foreward.

Do yo want the dude to seem evil or not?
Stretched out descript arent that bad, in fact they can make a nice way to get the plot rolling.
happy.gif

uh huh, i agree. more of those means more of understandment

A good character discription is always needed. How else will the people who read your material see that person as you see them? I found while writing that I had to go back several times and develop the character better, make them deeper. paragraph of them in thought to themselves. Then the reader starts to become that character while they read and they build up thier own hatred or fears. the same is true for the "Good" guys.
Even the half dazed thoughts of the victim can be used to describe the villian/ antagonist.
'A female victim so filled with fear of him that she lost control of her own self and succumbs to his every wish but inside screams out in terror though her lips will not make a sound.'

It could also be a person who has to fulfill their base needs, but is stuck in a loop(your typical vampire/werewolf type stuff), or even self actualization needs at the expense of others.

Well, if to do something to catch folks completely off-guard, is to make the "hero" seem like a total sadist and evil to the core, THOUGH he hasn't actually done anything so it's only by his act. And the villian should be presented as if he's the good guy, then find a place to put a plot-twist and reveal the true intentions of the villian, mostly, it's that he needs something for his own greed.

another thing you could do to keep people off blanace is have a hero and villain switch places. This could be done using any method but how about this:
You start off the story with the "hero" doing everything you;d expect from a hero but somewhere between half way and the ending you switch perspectives to reveal the "true hero" and continue the story from there.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back