Starcraft 2

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

NeoScott

-san
Kouhai
I just downloaded the closed beta today (Friend gave me a referal key) Anyone else playing?

....I hate you

But honestly, I'm not really looking forward to it as much as I used to be. I've heard they used the similar netcode to their previous games with a P2P model rather than server-client, so I've heard the delay is pretty annoying and its exploitable with maphacks/whatnot. Heros of Newerth has spoiled me rotten in that regard. The no LAN and 3-peice sale has made me bitter towards blizzard as well.

I've bought every blizzard game since the original Warcraft but am not planning on buying immediately this go around.

QUOTE (NeoScott @ Apr 06 2010, 04:04 PM) I just downloaded the closed beta today (Friend gave me a referal key) Anyone else playing?
Had the key for a while, downloaded the beta a few weeks ago. Played it like a couple times and kinda got bored. Can't wait for the actual game though.

I play it, if you want to add me as a friend add Bubalicio.bubalicio I play every know and then try to play after the patches just to find them overpower one race :s. So yea as you can tell they still have balancing issue's.

Balancing issues? I'm playing 2v2's PR V RR And I have yet to lose.

I like what they've done so far, It does need a bit of work, But I think we're looking at another hit seller, Maybe not as good as sc1 but up there.

well that also depends on what patch you were playing, some patches favored specific races, was what I meant by balancing.

QUOTE (noob @ Apr 06 2010, 08:30 PM) Had the key for a while, downloaded the beta a few weeks ago. Played it like a couple times and kinda got bored. Can't wait for the actual game though.
doesn't the actual game not have LAN though?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 10 2010, 08:45 AM) doesn't the actual game not have LAN though?
It's in BETA testing. It's online only right now. I can't even get the computers to work.

QUOTE (NeoScott @ Apr 10 2010, 09:49 PM) It's in BETA testing. It's online only right now. I can't even get the computers to work.
Bliizzard stated they weren't adding lan play to "combat piracy." What a total joke. If they stick with that they will lose the competitive community because the latency of online play is piss poor, and tournaments aren't going to be pleased providing tons of bandwith solely for DRM.

QUOTE (wedora @ Apr 11 2010, 01:25 AM) Bliizzard stated they weren't adding lan play to "combat piracy." What a total joke. If they stick with that they will lose the competitive community because the latency of online play is piss poor, and tournaments aren't going to be pleased providing tons of bandwith solely for DRM.
They'll fold before the nights done.

This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x 100

Seriously brings me back to the good old days. Hella lotta fun. The beta has quenched my thirst for all the wait for this game.

If you guys are interested in playing I am selling SC2 beta keys 20 bucks each. jk

Nah really if you wanna play go to gamestop preorder it, 5 dollars down and they will give you a beta key, it will be printed on your receipt.

If any of you play lemme know or hit me up.

Name is Prideless.Kamina

argh it feels like everyone is pro and im the only sucky person lol.

Guess its cause its only the vets playing the beta.

QUOTE (Prideless @ Apr 27 2010, 05:29 PM) This game is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x 100

Seriously brings me back to the good old days. Hella lotta fun. The beta has quenched my thirst for all the wait for this game.

If you guys are interested in playing I am selling SC2 beta keys 20 bucks each. jk

Nah really if you wanna play go to gamestop preorder it, 5 dollars down and they will give you a beta key, it will be printed on your receipt.

If any of you play lemme know or hit me up.

Name is Prideless.Kamina

argh it feels like everyone is pro and im the only sucky person lol.

Guess its cause its only the vets playing the beta.
Um no; vets aren't the only ones playing it but you're just too bad imho. Try playing the single player, watch some demos/casts. Take notes on the strategies. Try them in sp, then try them in mp. Be sure to record your games and review them to find your mistakes. Repeat the above procedures.

Single player? What single player....

I'm unable to add you. Try adding me

He probably means you can play against comp Ai in custom games, but it's only 'very easy' AI so it's pointless unless you just wanna see what you can build in peace.

QUOTE (tron @ Apr 29 2010, 07:16 PM) He probably means you can play against comp Ai in custom games, but it's only 'very easy' AI so it's pointless unless you just wanna see what you can build in peace.
The Ai doesn't work. It's not a match at all. not even for a newbie.

It's OK, it should basically be no challenge on Very Easy. You guys remember the AI in the original SC? Holy crap, it used to beat me like crazy until I learned some moves and got better time-wise.
laugh.gif

There is no SP demos released.

And SP Strategies will not be sufficient to compete in MP whatsoever lol.

Its all about who can mass the fastest and rush or be rushed.

By the time I am about ready to spawn units to mass the enemy is already a step ahead of me, im a bit slow.

And I dont know what your playing but it certainly feels like everyone knows how to rush/harass effectively and mass quickly.

There was one or two occasions the opposition was noob and it became a cakewalk.

Add me when yoiu get on next, I'll help you.

QUOTE (Prideless @ Apr 30 2010, 08:09 AM) By the time I am about ready to spawn units to mass the enemy is already a step ahead of me, im a bit slow.

Again, watch demos/casts and learn stuff.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back