Spring Season 2016 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
(updating in progress)
- my must see: 1. Ushio & Tora final season (the end of Hakumenn no Mono) :0
2. Jojos Bizarre Adventure Diamond is unbreakable (the hair bashing begins) xD
- hopefully better than other seasons: 3. Kyoukai no Rinne s2 (+ Ageha pls) ^^
4. Asterisk War S2 (S1 isn't bad but i wanted to see the Phoenix Festa finals!) ;/
- could be good telling by studio: 5. Boku no Hero Academia (Bones+shonen) ;p
6. Phoenix Wright (A-1 Pictures yet usually i don't trust in game adaptations) -.-
- not expecting much: 7. Sailor Moon Crystal Death Busters (April fools' day?) ;(
8. Terra Formars Revenge (keep airing it without censorship in AT-X at least)
sleep.gif

Is it just me, or is there a lot of Bahamut type titles coming out as of late?
blink.gif

Version 1.0
OVAs/films from high to low preference: 1. Dimension W (of the best lately) o.0
2. Gekijou-ban Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisouraku-Bu e Youkoso (!)
3. Kamisama Hajimemashita Kako-hen (just arc finale or of the entire story?) :3
4. Owari no Seraph: Kyuuketsuki Shahai (spin-off prior Nagoya Kessen-hen) ><
5. Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu OVA (maybe interesting as TV series) <.<
6. Ajin Shoutotsu /OVA (prequel about 1st japanese demihuman and film #2) ;o
7. Digimon Adventure Tri. 2: Ketsui (go on avoiding any nostalgia trainwreck) :/
8. Hai to Gensou no Grimgar ep'2.5 (unaired training or more goblin fights?) ¬¬
9. One Punch Man (other short OVAs without much action between TV eps)
dry.gif

Still waiting for my 3rd season of Raildex you know.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 02 2016, 01:31 AM)Is it just me, or is there a lot of Bahamut type titles coming out as of late?
blink.gif

From an esoteric pov, that would be the subconscious prepping the masses for what's to come... Mayan 2012, transition, 4d realm et al... the 'wave' or spiralling 'curtain' that separates levels of consciousness in the creation... ex.) us from our pets, animals from plants, plants from rocks, air, sea and fire... the battle is timelessly eternal and infinite in the mind... 'good' vs 'evil'... 'light' vs 'dark', ' et al. Shows up all over the place, just much more obvious in anime it seems.... only question has always been exactly when... since all is fluid and in a constant state of flux... UFT and the positive and negative forces at work... etc.

It's just too bad more of the creators of these stories aren't better aware of what they are expressing, accessing etc. Everything is repeating, not just these storylines, as it said about history: everything repeats but in slightly different attire, so we don't recognize it at first, especially in our own lives... but the patterns repeat and repeat until noticed and understood.

Like what we call religion or spirituality, it is seamlessly embedded in the culture everywhere without most of us knowing it... and the PTB are trained to exploit it as the cycles repeat. It's the reason they create mobs to burn down libraries full of books explaining all of this... so we have to repeat anew each time like a time travelling character who doesn't remember any of the changes. Groundhog Day only Bill Murray's character doesn't remember a thing.. or that plotline in Suzumiya Haruyi.... the repeat day.... it was only one chapter in the book, but ..... what was it? 8 endless anime episodes!!!!!!!! Unbelievable that they did it... simply unfathomable... but it really gives you a feeling for how Yuki, experienced it... her self-consciousness levels rising... which changes everything simultaneously as it seems outwardly to change little at all.... step by step process in life.

For the infinitely curious: fair use http://web.archive.org/web/20030219132543/...ons/960921.html

all that said... I liked the feel of that Tanaka-kun preview.... the animation and music was perfect, even if no mention of the story at all... as if they really didn't care.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jan 13 2016, 05:00 PM) (no OVAs/films yet)
- my must see: 1. Ushio & Tora final season (the end of Hakumenn no Mono) :0
2. Jojos Bizarre Adventure Diamond is unbreakable (the hair bashing begins) xD
- hopefully better than other seasons: 3. Kyoukai no Rinne s2 (+ Ageha pls) ^^
4. Asterisk War S2 (S1 isn't bad but i wanted to see the Phoenix Festa finals!) ;/
- could be good telling by studio: 5. Boku no Hero Academia (Bones+shonen) ;p
6. Phoenix Wright (A-1 Pictures yet usually i don't trust in game adaptations) -.-
- not expecting much: 7. Sailor Moon Crystal Death Busters (April fools' day?) ;(
8. Terra Formars Revenge (keep airing it without censorship in AT-X at least)
sleep.gif

Necro -

1 - AWESOME Listing! I wish every season had their offerings in this layout. So much easier to follow.

2 - THANK GOD No "Sekko Boys 2" is shown. It is SO bad!!! I actually stopped watching anime for while!

3 - Big Order? Total tease, When I was scanning the listing before enlarging it I thought, "YEEESSSS! Big-O is back!" (I would pay SERIOUS money to help get that back on the air.) To me, Big-O is the anime equivalent of "Firefly" Awesome show. The fans loved it, but poor planning and scheduling made it difficult to grow it's fanbase. Also, there REALLY wasn't anything in it SO bad it had to be shown at mignight on Adult Swim. Cartoons light people on fire, and have mega robots destroy cities all the time. (**Takes a deep breath and lets the injustice of it all go..**) LOL

4 - Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends Hmmm... 1/2 human, half dragon? OUCH! There are certain images I never want in my head! One of them is getting "intimate" with a partner who is covered in sharp, pointy SCALES! That princess is a miracle just for surviving being a half-breed!

5 - Ushio and Tora "Nuff said! Woo!!!!

6 - Flying Witch This is my secret hope for breakout hit of the season. I truly have great expectations for it.

Version 2.0
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Feb 02 2016, 03:48 PM)It's just too bad more of the creators of these stories aren't better aware of what they are expressing, accessing etc. Everything is repeating, not just these storylines, as it said about history: everything repeats but in slightly different attire, so we don't recognize it at first, especially in our own lives... but the patterns repeat and repeat
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Feb 05 2016, 11:57 AM)AWESOME Listing! I wish every season had their offerings in this layout. So much easier to follow.recently the chart you're pointing was updated, with OVAs and films (BR too)... Edit: yet too bad Inside Out got the oscar, instead of When Marnie was There
ohmy.gif

I want SAO back, its time for the undead thing to start lol. Also Grimgar which I thought was going to be good, is just flat boring so far, will have to see if it gets any better, not sure how many episodes its sched for. Another season of Overlord would be nice as well as some decent mysteries. I dont see alot I like on the Spring Sched, will try a few episodes from each and see I guess.

Ah, Part 4 of the final Tamayura series... just watched part 3... last half of which was excellent... the creator is really peaking in talent here... taking the usual high schoolers facing graduation to the norm with the rest of the cast, but with the main character of Fuu, really taking it to the next level of character development... rarely seen, rather impressive second half of that film, as it touches upon nearly all the best bits of drama in the usual upbeat series as she deals with the death of her father... the use of the music etc is very well done through the series but the dramatic bits are really the best, like the creators work on Aria, especially at the end... this series has had those moments throughout in her character... and that final instalment shouldn't disappoint... he never has... actually, he seems to be getting better with each new series.

Going through the list, there is so much repetition of the same concepts... and you can see this is many American films as well like X-men and all the superhero plotlines... even in our elections, looking for someone that isn't one of the 'usual suspects'... if Bernie Sanders fails, it seems Jesse Ventura and Cynthia McKinney might run independent, which would be interesting.

Most of these concepts keep repeating.... touching upon esoteric transition issues as I've mentioned before, it's interesting to see what part of the concepts make it through the minds of the artists/creators of anime/film/tv/manga/books etc.

========
Oh, that 'Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn' seems like a kids anime/storyline from the picture and discription above... based on a concept by Ghost in the Shell creator.... but another mangaka is doing the manga, and this anime... so I'll check it out to see what concept he's working with... hopefully, it's not too childish in execution of the original concept.
dry.gif

=====
Just saw the preview.... seems very kid oriented.... like a magical girl thing.... with the usual 'Lolita' aspect of Japanese culture showing through as usual.... can anyone explain this apparent addiction of otaku's to the whole Lolita thing??? I know it's not just me: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/03/0...on-schoolgirls/
This seems like another example of what's called, esoterically, as the 'bidding' process, utilizing free will to get people, seemingly young dudes that grow into men... to get them to take one step after another into the 'dark side'... the USA does this in video games ALOT!.... all the violence is totally acceptable in society, though a few complain about it... nothing is ever done about it... and isn't that typical nearly everywhere? In Japan, this Lolita thing seems another example of acculturation of evil in society... the ponerization of pyschopaths... to make us like them... predators... just a variation of the type... aggressive or passive, and this Lolita thing seems along the passive variation, though Abe wants to push Japan back into the fascist path again as we here in the USA/EU/Israel/Saudi, et al have focused on for a very long time.

As usual, using Bernays propaganda routine.... this is so typical... manipulation of the public mind... keep the sheeple simpleminded and clueless.... the 'dumbing down process'... 'divide and conquer'... distraction, obfuscation etc... the herding process as we approach the transition... to the apocalypse... too bad these anime creators don't dig a little deeper along this line of thought. There is so much more they could explore!... before it's too late.

Oh well... I'll still take a look at it, but Ghost in the Shell it doesn't seem to be... especially not an expanded take on the concept.
sad.gif

Adding to my watch-list...

Netoge no Yome - I decided to look at the Manga adaptation of this LN and oh LOL, that poor MC. His self-proclaimed girlfriend keeps floating back and forth between "We look like Riajuu?" and "riajuu should just die". She manages to sound like a Yandere while... not being Yan at all.

Flying Witch - Seems familiar for a reason I can't pin my finger down on. I don't remember reading it, but the nostalgia vibe it gives off means I may have?

Hakuouki: chibis - I may have to watch this just because I enjoyed the original Hakuouki.

Magi: Sinbad no bouken - Obvious reasons.

Kuma Miko - Another one of those "This seems nostalgic, why do I remember this?" titles that I'm pretty sure I binge read a bunch of scanlations of one weekend.

Seisen Cerberus - I'm in the mood for fantasies, and while I really don't expect this one to be good... (It's an adaptation of a Cellphone game, FFS.) it should at l east be amusing.

Wishlist:

Kumo desu ga nani ka?!, Konjiki no Wordmaster, and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken seriously need anime adaptations.

Home sick as a dog...

Finally watching some anime.

Surprise! Bakuon is probably going to be one of my favorites of the season!
Busty highschool girls aside, this is a GREAT show.
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo4_1280.png

Who can argue with THAT? Cute girls on cool bikes!

Now seriously. This is a great show with a little bit of everything. Not QUITE Archetyped characters. They loosely fit tropes, but each has a quirk to them that differs from the run of the mill. Fan service is definitely present, but NOT portrayed as the whole point of the entire show. There is definite substance to the story so far. And "Baita" (I won't spoil!) is interesting in it's own right. I hope that more develops there!

The ojousama is NUTS! I love her. (Not that she's attractive, just love her reckless abandonment lifestyle romance syndrome. You BAD-girl, you!
rolleyes.gif

Lots to love!

"The world is not ready for what Ice-Bear can do!" (Just felt like writing that as it makes me laugh every time.)

So, here the animators & the author need to get on the same page... There is NO WAY this girl is B:82! She's definitely not a pear-shaped 82 over 87 hips!
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo1_1280.png

I don't care what Ojousama is built like. I like her insane personality most!
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo2_1280.png

Cool and aloof beauty. You assume... She hasn't taken off her helmet! ...OR SPOKEN!!
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo3_1280.png

Typical big-breasted blonde in anime. Tsundere, and annoying. The backstory is the only reason I find her tolerable.
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo6_1280.png

And she has more fan-service "boobie-bounce" than any character I've seen since Fuji-San from the "Muromi" Anime!
200317.jpg

Sorry. I will never understand the whole "Tom-boy" appeal. She seems like a good friend to have in your corner though. A bit delusional too. I'd seriously be fine if she was dropped from the show. In short, this girl is "TOMO" from the "Azumanga Daioh" series
tumblr_o5hgbxKmZN1sd8geyo5_1280.png

Well, Sousei no Onmyoji is fun so far, but I don't really know what to think of it. It's building up to be a silly fun RomCom, but we'll just have to see.

On the other hand... Seisen Cerberus is a positively ridiculous 90's RPG plot in a place it doesn't belong. Relatively certain the base cellphone game is Korean based on the character designs, which are the high water mark of the show. I'll probably watch it all the way through, but at the moment I'd say it's somewhere between Blade and Soul and Divine Gate for fail.

Ok, just watched the first 2 eps of Tanaka-kun, the Listless One or something like that... not sure why his friend is always there, or why they are friends, but someone has to wake him up and carry him around.
blink.gif
Weirdly funny in a WTF manner of unbelievability. The characters and bg et al look like the studio that did Kimi to Boku... again some mostly listless hs kids... with a side character with a lot of energy... with more charcters to join in most likely in suceeding eps...

Not sure how long I'll watch this one, I'm already on the edge of deleting it from my watch list... but a little curious if it goes anywhere outside of nowhere.
biggrin.gif
Kimi to boku didn't... which seems like a rather good reflection of our society these days.... going nowhere... biding time before it all comes crashing down into oblivion... then reset like it was all a dream, which some say it is... but we are the dream, we are the dreamer.
biggrin.gif

This one seems like a SOL without any goal in mind.... same as many, worth a laugh for a while, but not sure how long that laugh can last.
unsure.gif

You know with the way most harem anime series starts out anymore, I kind of wonder if this idea was fully tried now. So main character ends up transferring to a new school because his parents found out about a certain club, activity, etc. is something up his alley and sends him to this very boarding school. Somehow manages to get on the nerves of the so-called princess of the school and get's challenged to a duel, we all know where this is going. Instead of accepting her challenge, he just blows it off and goes with the whole "Why should I do that? Since I'm just the new guy on campus." After that the whole series is about her trying, and failing at ways to try and get him to duel her just so your typical harem series can start, but ends up making things a bit worse for him as the days go on.

So it could be some kind of weird romance series, the only thing that comes close to this idea of sorts was Ladies x Butlers in a way here, but that started with the typical accidental groping there.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 22 2016, 08:45 PM) Ok, just watched the first 2 eps of Tanaka-kun, the Listless One or something like that... not sure why his friend is always there, or why they are friends, but someone has to wake him up and carry him around. 
blink.gif
Weirdly funny in a WTF manner of unbelievability. The characters and bg et al look like the studio that did Kimi to Boku... again some mostly listless hs kids... with a side character with a lot of energy... with more charcters to join in most likely in suceeding eps...

Not sure how long I'll watch this one, I'm already on the edge of deleting it from my watch list... but a little curious if it goes anywhere outside of nowhere. 
biggrin.gif
  Kimi to boku didn't... which seems like a rather good reflection of our society these days.... going nowhere... biding time before it all comes crashing down into oblivion... then reset like it was all a dream, which some say it is... but we are the dream, we are the dreamer. 
biggrin.gif

This one seems like a SOL without any goal in mind.... same as many, worth a laugh for a while, but not sure how long that laugh can last. 
unsure.gif

I am really liking the Tanaka-kun series now. The addition of the new members of Tanaka's little world is starting to give it some depth, and interesting elements.

Starting to feel a little like Acchi Kocchi meets Azumanga-Daioh or Pani-Poni Dash!
'
As for Bakuon, Now that I've seen the latest episode, The way Hane Sakura is drawn is MUCH closer to B:90 W:57 H:87 than the written description of B:82 W:57 H:87. Gross liberties taken with the main character for anime fan service, or that is one HECK of a type-O! That's like the equivalent of spec'ing Dolly Parton as a "B-Cup"! Or being given the measurements of "Megumin" from Konosuba in a dating profile, and then "Wiz" shows up for your first date... Now THAT'S a mistake! (Albeit a pleasant one....)

Yeah, Tanaka is a little funny, a little interesting, and does remind me of that HS boy group Kimi to Boku anime... probably the same creator/anime studio etc... same general feel, look and character interaction... though that seems common in any medium... more characters make it a little more interesting, but not sure how long they can maintain much interest in such a listless character.
mellow.gif

I just saw the cat thing... Kanojo... She and Her Cat... only 4 eps and they're only about 7 minutes long with credits... so it doesn't take long to watch all 4 of them, and it is good... from Makoto Shinkai of Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in our Early Days, 5Centimeters per Second...etc... at least there is a sense of completion to this one, that I didn't find in those other projects of his... the OVA was back in '99, guess I'll have to watch it sometime. It's nice to know that he can complete a storyline and not leave them hanging out there, though someone once said that is a Japanese tradition, so
blink.gif
whatever! Interesting to have the story told from the cat's perspective as the narrator. Nice short work.

PS... just watched the OVA... 4 1/2 minutes or so... from '99, rushed compared to the recent 4 ep version, but still good elements and a sense of completion... for what it is... interesting... black and white, same style... almost like a artist testing styles..... that's a long gap between that OVA and the 4 parter, which is in color, softer pastel look... like the mellowing of the creator. Different.

This season... is a bit of a downer for me.

My choices were originally:
1. Mayoiga
2. Uchuu Patrol Luluco
3. Ace Attorney
4. Kuma Miko
5. Netoge no Yome
6. Sakamoto desu ga?
7. Flying Witch
8. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

End Result: 2-5-7. The rest simply lost me...
On the other hand, I do have more mangas to read... So oh well^^

Yeah, not much of interest... still checking out a few when I remember to or feel like it, have time, etc. Most of them, I take a pass on the first ep if the setup is too stupid. #8 is the only one that interests me, but perhaps that's because I haven't watched many in this category/genre before? I'm hoping they continue with the sense of discovery, but not sure if they will, but the setup was pretty good, even if it's feeling a little formulaic already, but still enjoyable... same with Flying Witch, but it's a SOL, so they aren't expected to really have a destination, just a continuous journey, so that's ok.

Tanaka-kun is one I'm always about to give up on... no hurry to watch new eps... just slightly interested to see it it goes anywhere... which so far, doesn't seem to be the case... SOL material without a realistic MC...
dry.gif
I mean, c'mon with the lethargy already, give him an excuse for it or something... some disease, here in the States, he'd be on any number of drugs by now.
laugh.gif

I have 3 others on my list to look at, some movie from a few years ago I think and these two: Kagewani and your #1 Mayoiga.... how was it? You gave up on it, so....?
dry.gif
I think the best so far was that short 4parter on the college girl and her cat: Kanojo(She and Her Cat), interesting how it finally got a larger spread than the short OVA from 16 years ago... stylistic, simple, interesting, but fits that guys usual projects.

Final version
QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 12 2016, 10:12 PM)Wishlist:

Kumo desu ga nani ka?!, Konjiki no Wordmaster, and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken seriously need anime adaptations.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 2 2016, 10:40 AM)Still waiting for my 3rd season of Raildex you knowlets see if summer grant your wishlists, or if you don't wanna wait any longer... try Heavy Object! S1(?) just ended, i like it over index/Railgun (same creator):3

QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 12 2016, 10:12 PM)Adding to my watch-list...
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 11 2016, 12:44 PM)Finally watching some anime.

Surprise! Bakuon is probably going to be one of my favoritesthere's a few I can't decide yet, aside S2s what other new series you see? so far

1. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
2. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
3. Joker Game
4. Boku no Hero Academia
5. Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja Nai to Omotta?
6. Big Order
7. Flying Witch
8. Kuma Miko
9. Kiznaiver
10. Sakamoto desu ga?
11. 12-sai.: ~Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki~
12. Mayoiga
*GP: Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!
tongue.gif

a planned recession perhaps, like the planned or engineered collapse in the markets.... like the planned false flag wars etc... life in Purgatory. I wonder if Fart Man is some Jim Carrey project? It is humor best enjoyed at a younger age... it does lose its appeal later in life.

Overall, a lack of imagination it seems... a couple COULD be interesting, but execution is usually always in doubt in any format.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back