Space Dandy 2

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: SPACE☆DANDY
Japanese: スペース☆ダンディ
Airing date: 4/1/2014 (TV series pre-air 28/12/2013)
Genres: Science fiction, Comedy, Parody
Directed by: Shinichiro Watanabe and Shingo Natsume
Written by: Dai Satō, Keiko Nobumoto, Kimiko Ueno and Jamie Marchi
ADR directors: Charles Zach Bolton and Joel McDonald
Character designer: Yoshiyuki Ito
Mechanical designer: Thomas Romain
Music by: Yasuyuki Okamura
Theme song arrangement: Yoko Kanno
Producers: Bandai Visual, FUNimation Entertainment and flying DOG
Studio: Bones
Network: Tokyo MX, TVO, TVA, BS Fuji, Adult Swim (Toonami), Animax Asia...
Opening theme: "Viva Namida (ビバナミダ)" by Yasuyuki Okamura
Ending theme: "X Jigen e Youkoso (X次元へようこそ)" by Etsuko Yakushimaru

Main cast: Dandy (ダンディ) voiced by Junichi Suwabe (JP) and Ian Sinclair (EN)
Meow (ミャウ) voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino (JP) and Joel McDonald (EN)
QT voiced by Uki Satake "9nine" (JP) and Alison Viktorin (EN)

Supporting cast: Narrator voiced by Masaaki Yajima (JP) and Bruce R. Elliott (EN)
Honey (ハニー) voiced by Yurin (JP) and Alexis Tipton (EN)
Scarlet (スカーレット) voiced by Houko Kuwashima (JP) and Colleen Clinkenbeard (EN)

Antagonists: Dr. Gel (ゲル博士) voiced by Unshō Ishizuka (JP) and J. Michael Tatum (EN)
Bea (ビー) voiced by Kosuke Hatakeyama (JP) and Micah Solusod (EN)
Admiral Perry (ペリー提督) voiced by Banjō Ginga (JP) and Kent Williams (EN)

Imagine-Nation review: http://torrents.animes-bg.com/download.php...20x264).torrent
TV series PVs:
Official website:
English website:

Synopsis: Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come, first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety of aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 25 2013, 12:50 AM)Okay after seeing the updated version for the Winter Lineup, I have to say I got a few to look foward too. Although one of them I'm just going to watch the Engrish broadcast of Space Dandy on Toonami, since... well why not, since it's a simulcastwell its preair is half of ep.1 (no OP too) but for me it was fun to watch already, a mix of Cobra & Lupin (is BooBies a Hooters in the future?) ;p Ex low - PS 6/10

Oh yeah this is the simulcast anime series that I talked about earlier. Not sure how they did this, but at the same time I kind of want to compare the VAs to see if it's best for me to see it in Engrish, or subbed here.

Space Dandy just feels like it's gonna be a fun time. The 2nd half of the first episode was super kinetic with one big thing followed by another even bigger. Ending in a bit of a wtf moment that was hilarious. Not sure if the entire show is gonna be episodic in nature or if they'll have certain story strings weaved in there.

Edit: Found out the japanese dub is streaming from Funimation. Just tried it out and I have to say I prefer the English dub better. All the roles are either on par or better in the english dub. Specifically, I prefer Dandy and Honey better in english. Dandy is done in a slightly goofier, more playful way that just feels like it fits the show better, and Honey in japanese was just kind of annoying.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jan 04 2014, 11:16 PM)Space Dandy just feels like it's gonna be a fun time.  The 2nd half of the first episode was super kinetic with one big thing followed by another even bigger.  Ending in a bit of a wtf moment that was hilarious.  Not sure if the entire show is gonna be episodic in nature or if they'll have certain story strings weaved in there.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 28 2013, 05:18 AM)Oh yeah this is the simulcast anime series that I talked about earlier. Not sure how they did this, but at the same time I kind of want to compare the VAs to see if it's best for me to see it in Engrishafter trying the first episodes i prefer it in japanese subbed like in most animes, dub is nice as Barbo said despite its translation but original OP&ED are better... by ep.2 it seems they'll not explain stuff like how they survived that supernova, also the gag of bad guys never capturing Dandy ^^ megane lady Scarlet is hot!
upcoming review on NHK World
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 16 2014, 01:25 PM)Never. Trust. Hype. Don't get me wrong, the show's got its moments, but it's waay below the standard it's set for itself through all the hype. It's also disappointing how it's got all that great setting and funky visuals, but instead focuses on the bland and barely funny comedy. Basically, if it's trying to be Outlaw Star, it's not meaningful/chunky enough. If it's trying to imitate Lem's Cyberiad, it's not bizarre or funny enough.come on it's not that bad ;/ I think that's because it's dubbed in other countries at the same time, also it doesnt deserve its overhype yet compared to previous animes Shinichiro Watanabe directed... despite it lacks continuity reseting each week after Meow joined so far my favorite is ep'4, over the boobie monster and ramen alien xD next intro should be 'Space Zombie: is a zombie guy in space'
smile.gif

Well if you want to know why there is no continuity here it's becuase of what they did in episode 1 by messing with that time anchor. So pretty much they just gave it an excuse to have random antics each and every week. Also, I think a different director is doing each episode I the rumors I heard about this series were correct though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 31 2014, 11:07 PM)Well if you want to know why there is no continuity here it's becuase of what they did in episode 1 by messing with that time anchor. So pretty much they just gave it an excuse to have random antics each and every week. Also, I think a different director is doing each episode I the rumors I heard about this series were correct though.guess I was overthinking its continuity reset ala Higurashi or different timelines ala Madoka, but in every episode of this series (i don't mind the randomness as long as it's entertaining like Kill la Kill ;p)... specially after i watched ep.5 about a loli alien who fell in love with Dandy while taking care of her, maybe the story will continue when she meets him again as a grown-up hottie but i doubt it
dry.gif

ok i enjoyed more that last wacky race 'ala Redline film' (but in space) than the undies vs vests, specially how both ended with Dandy surfing while their planet explodes and when he meets Buddhandy... in the afterlife /another dimension / whatever xD also in ep.7 I found one of the only continuities in its series, when he is reminded by Meow that he told him before about his hobbie as a surfer
tongue.gif

The only thing this has is nothing but random antics that don't connect unless Meow and/or QT says otherwise it seems.
rolleyes.gif

In any case it seems that things just keep getting more and more random, and yes I'm watching the dubbed version of it since I don't feel like searching for subs of it for now.
tongue.gif

talking about dubbed i saw in ep'8 they left its original OP instead of only music with english credits, did that happen when you watched it on Adult swim? if not then who uploaded it did the changes?... so lately i'm checking out that version because it's released hours before an ep with subs, was fun to see Dandy find a dog with humanoid fleas in a wasteland planet but no preview (TBA subbed?)
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 23 2014, 04:00 AM) talking about dubbed i saw in ep'8 they left its original OP instead of only music with english credits, did that happen when you watched it on Adult swim? if not then who uploaded it did the changes?... so lately i'm checking out that version because it's released hours before an ep with subs, was fun to see Dandy find a dog with humanoid fleas in a wasteland planet but no preview (TBA subbed?)
sleep.gif

This was the first night they were capable of airing the full OP as I assume it took this long to get all the licensing issues sorted out. They made comments on twitter and tumblr about it a few days ago.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 23 2014, 10:17 AM)This was the first night they were capable of airing the full OP as I assume it took this long to get all the licensing issues sorted out. They made comments on twitter and tumblr aboutthat's good news! thanks for the info ^^ just saw it again in ep'9 dubbed about a surrealist planet of plants, by this preview looks like they'll visit Meow's home next (I don't mind the ending though)... talking about anime in U.S. i hope that Hayao Miyazaki's last film ''The Wind Rises'' (Kaze Tachinu), wins the 'Academy Award for Best Animated feature' tonight like happened with Spirited Away
happy.gif

Okay latest episode, was it meant to be seen while tripping balls or something since that's how the whole episode felt. Or as Fry from Futurama would put it:

QUOTE "It was like that drug trip movie that I saw while I was on that drug trip."

-.- so far that is the one i have liked least not only because it was so random or psychedelic, also it lacks the good humor seen in previous episodes (that 'song' reminds me locoroco games though)... ep.10 was better paroding Haruhi's time loop ala 'groundhog day' while Dandy and QT met Meow's family, i noticed they left the spots before and after CMs in today's dubbed version (a new intro too)
smile.gif

Pretty much I think they wanted to boil down to saying that they could do a time loop episode without doing it in episode episodes that Haruhi did. In any case it was a bit ironic that the date on the callender was the 8th. Also, what I liked about this version is that they did it more towards it being closer to Groundhog's Day since it was the one day repeating itself. not only that but they even attempted to do different things too halfway through the episode as well.

In any case it was nice seeing the backstory with Meow here, granted in the end of things they went back to doing the same old same old.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 09 2014,03:59 PM)nice seeing the backstory with Meow here, granted in the end of things they went back to doing the samewhat I want to watch next is Scarlet's backstory now that she's again in today's weird episode, they're back to the usual intro (at least this dubbed version) but Bea is rarely commanding Perry's army... just while Gel's genius is focused (he' s called doctor after all) paroding Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes, a Statue of Liberty's head seen in that film looks censored this time on the villain ship
huh.gif

lol ep.12 was too silly but funny at the same time xD specially a quiz to distinct Dandy from that chameleonian, too bad they didn't left the 'find differences' CM spot in its dubbed version ;p still... best episode for me so far along the zombie one ^^ by that preview focused on QT and its couple, seems like the series will not end this season so is there any official info about how many eps. it'll be?
sleep.gif

Okay guys I got good news and bad news. Although depending on how much you liked the show or not the news may varry.

Well all I can say is that season 1 is now over. Although season 2 is set to air sometime in June this year. So never the less prepare for more antics that make no sense at all.
rolleyes.gif

Kind of on the fence with this one after season 1. Don't really know if I'm in for more. Probably will watch season 2 just to finish it, but I really wasn't all that impressed.

~souchan~

QUOTE (souchan473 @ Apr 17 2014, 04:07 PM)Kind of on the fence with this one after season 1. Don't really know if I'm in for more. Probably will watch season 2 just to finish it, but I really wasn't all that impressed.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 31 2014, 11:30 PM)Well all I can say is that season 1 is now over. Although season 2 is set to air sometime in June this year. So never the less prepare for more antics that make no sense at all.
rolleyes.gif
yes most of the episodes were a guilty pleasure for me, but if you guys thought you already seen all kinds of weird stuff... watch S2 premiere with them pulling cosmic strings, meeting their alternate reality versions (at least the same OP)
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back