song that reflects you

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
As I get ready for work I am in a reflective mood....so to compliment said mood I am in a Baroque mind set. A beautiful period in history, when one thinks of the giants who contributed with regards to the Arts....music, painting, sculpture, architecture...Had I lived in said period....a Patron of the Arts I would have been and supported....Bach, Corelli, Handel, Purcell and Vivaldi.
Here is one that reflects my mood as of late.....and right now, of course.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

~Passacaglia & Fugue J.S. Bach English Guitar Quartet/Baroque Guitar~
Beautiful music indeed...timeless.

hmm tricky question as I only tend to listen to music that reflects my mood at the time.But of the music I listen to I would have to say that there are possibly 4 or 5 pieces of muisc that fit my personality as I'm still pretty much remaking myself
tongue.gif

-Poison Glen by Clannad
-Hiro no Tsuki
-Bright Eyes
-The Last Unicorn
and one tune that i can't remember the name of, anybody in Britain who remembers the commercial for Hamlet cigars will recognise it and it's also used in End of Evangelion during the fight between the red Eva and the new Eva series.

Well, because of the situation I've been in for the last year, there's a song not just reflecting me, but rather my fiance and me.

It's called Here without you, by 3 doors down.

It reflects on both of us since right now were are living 4000 miles away
from each other. So that song always reminds us about that fact and sadly, reality.

But hey, patience is required for good things to happen, right?

There's a few other songs as well, but i can't think of them right now.
When i do, i'll post here again.

Sorry your not a winner by Enter Shikari. Describes many a times when things go a bit awry in my life. Its a hardcore song.

If i had to choose a soundtrack for my life it would be the Silent Alarm album by Bloc party, particularly the song Banquet. I would even go as far as to say it is a soundtrack for many british youths. Now that the band is on hiatus i dont know what to do with myself anymore. Never again will one band encapsulate my feelings of angst, lust, desire, pointlessness and the bittersweetness of growing up.

This song brings back memories...wow...the song is spot on. A very interesting video, by the way.
wink.gif

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - official video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
A great dance tune...smooth, mellow, full of melancholy.
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Feb 08 2012, 08:51 PM)This song brings back memories...wow...the song is spot on. A very interesting video, by the way. 
wink.gif

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - official video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
A great dance tune...smooth, mellow, full of melancholy.
wink.gif

This thread made me reminisce about those times when we used to chill out on Teamspeak and listen to music. Too bad that is extinct or every once in a blue moon we could spend the night listening to music w/others like we used too do it. Didn't there use to be a what are you listening thread around here? Anyways that was a good dance tune Yaya we would definitely play that one. You know how we would have to end the night though. My favorite end the night request.... Girlfriend in a Coma
wink.gif

Let's see I'm not 100% sure there's a song that reflects me at the moment but more so there are songs that I can relate too. I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately at all over this past year but I plan on getting back into it and adding more to my playlists. It's funny the majority of my recently added songs come from my niece who is always adding songs on my computer when she visits. I'm not a music snob in anyway shape or fashion and will listen to many genre's of music so I'm cool listening to a lot of stuff.

Let's see the next four songs on my random playlist:

Boyz II Men - Flow -- This one is an upbeat R&B song that reflects the part of me that is rolling down the highway with the top down. Too cool for school and all that jazz
cool.gif

Mndr - I Go Away -- This one my niece put on there but I never really listened to it until I noticed it was playing (in the background) on one of the shows I like to watch. I had one of those oh wait I know that song moments. BTW the show was House of Lies that airs on Showtime in the U.S. But the song did remind me of that part of me that's not emo but not especially attached to the world.

Demi Lovato -- Skyscrapper -- This is another one that my niece really likes that she added to the playlist. I actually saw her perform this live and was impressed that she could sing so well. I mean literally she sang her lungs out and I was like well done. I can somewhat relate to the lyrics so umm I guess it reflects me in someone shape or form
rolleyes.gif

Boyz II Men - More You'll Ever Know -- Hmm this one reflects umm the straight love making side! Haha, well if you're in a romantic type situation and want to progress by setting a good mood you can't go wrong with this one. Especially if the girl is the hopeless romantic type
rolleyes.gif
= score! It's got some pretty nice lyrics.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 12 2012, 05:27 PM) This thread made me reminisce about those times when we used to chill out on Teamspeak and listen to music. Too bad that is extinct or every once in a blue moon we could spend the night listening to music w/others like we used too do it. Didn't there use to be a what are you listening thread around here? Anyways that was a good dance tune Yaya we would definitely play that one. You know how we would have to end the night though. My favorite end the night request.... Girlfriend in a Coma 
wink.gif

Yep...good times were had, Ossan...if it ever came to pass where we old timers got together again well, we would have to toast to folks who once hung out with us but now, are long gone.
We could play old stuff like these songs...
wink.gif

Marvin Gaye Lets Get It On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag
DSL and you Ossan, used to wow us with the dance moves on the TS dance floor with that song.
tongue.gif

I had a crush while dancing to this song...
rolleyes.gif

Teddy Pendergrass Live: Close the Door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-9Jvq1Li4
My baby boy knows who he is and how much of a hunnibun he is.
wink.gif

And this song reflects the most tender of moments right about now...for me and for you, dear Ossan.
tongue.gif

The Smiths - Girlfriend In A Coma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5b_V68mQ9k&ob=av2e

Was real swell to walk down TS memory lane again with songs that reflected the great times we had...way into the wee hours of the morn.
wink.gif

Thanks to daft and FTV for having made those good memories all possible.
bowing-down-emoticon.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back