Slayers

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

lola_witch

Kouhai
I love Slayers!
Which is your favourite character? I laugh a lot with Gourry, although I've in common with Lina that I also like money, but not so much
tongue.gif
, and that my breasts are not too big
biggrin.gif

love this series as well i borrowed it from my friend two years back and fell in love with it i would have to go with gourry as well his simple mind ways always had my laughin and with him and lina food was always top priority i might have to see this again since its soo good this time i have to get my own copy
biggrin.gif

Time to put this topic in motion.

New Slayers TV series announced/confirmed today:
J.C. Staff will be partaking in the production. It will be two full seasons airing at two different times meaning that it will be like Gundam 00 with 12-13 episodes airing in one anime season and then a break, then the remaining episodes air in a different anime season.

Additional details will be available soon. Rumor is tomorrow when the new magazine is released.

Moetron: http://www.moetron.com/2008/02/27/new-slayers-tv-announced/

Wait they're doing another Slayers series after how many years after the first three seasons?

Aside from that there was that one OVA I've heard of though. Anyways this seems to be smething to look foard too since it's now confirmed.... right?

a new Slayers season.....
'bout time they did another one
they don't have the Light sword, what will Gourry do now ?

but I'm thinking it might be before they give the sword, and maybe we'll see Nage team up with Lina and the rest of the gang, something we didn't see before
but this is all speculation on my part, guess I'll just have to wait and see ^___^
happy.gif

QUOTE (ShadowPony @ Feb 29 2008, 12:07 PM) maybe we'll see Nage team up with Lina and the rest of the gang
Heyas,

Ohhhhhh, I hope so! I'm in much need of a humour boost courtesy of our favourite rival of Lina Inverse. With gazongas that rival Hild's, a superiority complex bigger than the Gurren Lagann mecha, and THAT laugh. THE laugh that can lay waste to whole continents, make men weep, and strip paint!

New Slayers anime to be title Slayers Revolution:
CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-19/new-slayers-anime-to-be-titled-slayers-revolution

Rumor goes around that Lina is not the main lead this time though. Instead it will be Xellos

Slayer 4th Season....is not a rumour and ain't it old news though ?
wink.gif

EDIT: Ah crap....didn't check the dates...lol.
laugh.gif

So a US company has already acquired distribution rights to Slayers Revolution and now looking for a licensing company so expect one soon...probably around Expo or Otakon, which will be right after the series begins airing.

CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-06-28/enoki-films-seeks-licensors-for-slayers-revolution

The series is a long one broken up into two halves and will finish no later than Spring 2009 in Japan.

It is not licensed yet, but be prepared for one soon and don't whine. Most likely it'll be Funimation too since they have the other Slayers series

Oh wow! This one brings back memories! When i was a child I wouldn't miss Slayers at all
happy.gif

Well since nobody has made a threat I shall start it.

Here is the description i found at www.animenewsnetwork.com.

Having lost the Sword of Light in the previous battle, Lina and Gourry continue their journey in search of a replacement weapon. On the way, the two of them meet up with Amelia and Zelgadis in the kingdom of Luvinagard while taunting some pirates. Lina is happy to reunite with her old friends, but appearing before her is Luvinagard's Inspector of the Special Investigative Unit; a man called Wizer. However, Lina is amazed at his unusual behavior...

[Moderator's Note: Thread merged with existing thread]

First episode all and out... Now waiting for some groups to pick it up
smile.gif

After-raw thoughts:

-the animation and drawings remained almost untouched, just the quality got better
-comedy part still rocks
biggrin.gif

-hopefully, seems that Lina and Gourry will remain main heroes of the story
-Meg Hayashibara rlz
biggrin.gif
New opening (kinda NEXT! style if you ask me) is very catchy
smile.gif
same as ed.
-Gourry is as stupid as he used to be
tongue.gif

-Nice CG
biggrin.gif

-Well-promising story ahead!
smile.gif

Will I be completely lost if I try watching Revolutions without having seen any of the previous Slayers series? I know there would be plenty I would miss having not seen the other series, but I just want to know if I would be able to understand what's going on at all in this series at all or if it's completely dependent on prior knowledge of past series.

Seriously, we don't know that yet. I mean how deep is 4th season related to the other 3. What we know is that all main characters from previous franchise are here and missing their backgrounds, relationships, dramas and stuff will just make you lose like three quarters of the pleasure... It's like watching End of Evangelion ahead of the series... Sure, you can manage, but what pleasure would that be?

Barbobot... Why would you even want to watch it if you haven't seen the first 3 seasons?

Reshowing all of their backgrounds would just waste our time.

Its all readily available on dvd and the prices aren't as high as when I bought them long ago.

Its a great Series I definitely recommend you watch it from the beginning. I sure hope this does the series Justice. Can't wait to watch it.

well i haven't heard of this one before either
sad.gif
hopefully barbo is right and we can follow the story without having to watch 3 seasons worth of episodes... not saying its not worth it but thats a LOT of anime
tongue.gif

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jul 03 2008, 07:22 PM) well i haven't heard of this one before either
sad.gif
hopefully barbo is right and we can follow the story without having to watch 3 seasons worth of episodes... not saying its not worth it but thats a LOT of anime
tongue.gif

I'm kinda in that boat. I don't really have the time or the drive to watch 3 seasons of Slayers so I can watch this. I'll probably try a few episodes or just completely ignore it all together.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back