Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (SukaSuka)
Japanese: 終末 なにしてますか? 忙しいですか? 救ってもらっていいですか? (すかすか)
Airing date: 11/4/2017 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Fantasy, Drama, Comedy, Romance, Sci-Fi, Tragedy, Post-apocalyptic
Original creator: Akira Kareno
Original character designer: Ue
Director: Jun'ichi Wada
Unit director: Hiroki Ikeshita (ep 1)
Written by: Mariko Mochizuki, Shingo Nagai and Toshizo Nemoto
Music by: Tatsuya Katō
Character designer and chief animation director: Tōru Imanishi
Animation directors: Eiko Yamada and Yumi Shimojō (ep 1)
Art director: Mio Isshiki (Studio Wyeth)
Sound director: Satoshi Motoyama
3D animation director: Jumpei Mukai
Director of photography: Jun Kubota
Art setting by: Chiaki Tsukamoto (Head Works) and Mio Isshiki (Studio Wyeth)
Design by: Hiroyuki Taiga and Masahiro Satō (Head Works)
Color design by: Masato Takagi
Conceptual design by: Shinya Asanuma and Toshinari Tanaka (Barnstorm Design Labo)
Key animation by: Shinya Yamada (ep 1)
Prop design by: Junichi Fukunaga
World concept design by: Stanislas Brunet
Editing by: Gō Sadamatsu
Producer: Atsushi Itō
Animation producers: Fumio Kaneko and Ryōsuke Yamada
Music producer: Shigeru Saitō
Studios: Satelight and C2C
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, KBS, TVA, SUN, TVQ, BS11
Opening theme: "DEAREST DROP" by Azusa Tadokoro
Ending theme: "From (フロム)" by TRUE
Insert songs: "Scarborough Fair", "Always in my Heart" and "Ever be my Love" by Tamaru Yamada

Main cast: Willem Kmetsch (ヴィレム・クメシュ) voiced by Ryōhei Arai
Chtholly Nota Seniorious (クトリ・ノタセニオリス) voiced by Azusa Tadokoro
Ithea Myse Valgulious (アイセア・マイゼ・ヴァルガリス) voiced by Machico
Nephren Ruq Insania (ネフレン・ルク・インサニア) voiced by Akari Uehara
Rhantolk Ytri Historia (ラーントルク・イツリ・ヒストリア) voiced by Kazusa Aranami
Nopht Keh Desperatio (ノフト・ケー・デスペラティオ) voiced by Inori Minase

Supporting cast: Pannibal (パニバル) voiced by Yurika Kubo
Tiat (ティアット) voiced by Tomomi Mizuma
Collon (コロン) voiced by Hina Kino
Lakhesh (ラキシュ) voiced by Manaka Ishimi
Nygglatho (ナイグラート) voiced by Kikuko Inoue
Grick Graycrack (グリック・グレイクラック) voiced by Shigeru Chiba

Limeskin (ライムスキン) voiced by Jūrōta Kosugi
Almaria Duffner (アルマリア・デュフナー) voiced by Satomi Satō
Lillia Asplay (リーリァ・アスプレイ) voiced by Rina Satō
Souwong Kandel (スウォンカンデル) voiced by Mutsumi Tamura (young) and Mugihito
Almita (アルミタ) voiced by Akane Kohinata
Phyracorlybia Dorio (フィラコルリビア・ドリオ) voiced by Honoka Inoue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmJFhlo6GQ

Synopsis: Five hundred years have passed since the humans went extinct at the hands of the fearsome and mysterious 'Beasts'. The surviving races now make their homes up on floating islands in the sky, out of reach of all but the most mobile of Beasts. Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to fend off invasions from these creatures. Into the girls’ unstable and fleeting lives, where a call to certain death could come at any moment, enters an unlikely character: a young man who lost everything in his final battle five hundred years ago, the last living human awakened from a long, icy slumber. Unable to fight any longer, Willem becomes the father that the girls never had, caring for and nurturing them even as he struggles to come to terms with his new life, in which he feels the pain of helplessly waiting for his loved ones to return home from battle that his 'Daughter' once felt for him so long ago. Together, Willem and the girls gradually come to understand what family means and what is truly worth protecting.

Norren said:
[long harem LN title]: Preview art is cute and doesn't seem distastefully exaggerated like most harem fantasies. I'll try it, I guess.
i did xD favorite in ep.1 a man-eating, hot maid trolling the MC (puns intended);)

First ep is off to an interesting start, kinda hoping they explain more about what was going on in the intro.

Really wasn't expecting a rendition of Scarborough Fair, either. Curious to see where this goes.

Norren said:
First ep is off to an interesting start, kinda hoping they explain more about what was going on in the intro.

Really wasn't expecting a rendition of Scarborough Fair, either. Curious to see where this goes.
yup nice insert song really fitted to start the series, I rather prefer it as main OP instead of that one seen since ep.2... ok lets say this world ruled by 17 Beasts is kinda ZeroSho's antithesis', well Chtolly got more than a kiss from last man on Earth :p

That song had a Celtic ring to it... otherwise: "only a small group of girls... can wield the ancient weapons..." :rolleyes: Hmmm, seems I've heard of that before... though it's usually boys... or both.... guess we know who the targeted audience is. ;) Though in truth, I still can't understand why most of these seem to be shown after midnight, not many kids up at that time of the night, right? So do most of the targeted audience record these to watch later? That affects ad placement etc. For a niche market, so much of this seems odd... at least here in the States... and again with the "extinct by the hands of the "beasts"... is that a 666 reference? Seems the cities in the clouds is familiar as well.... Miyazaki did that one well... even that Disney superkid high school was in the clouds... perhaps an establishment genre or trope?

LN based 5 vol... and a new series started with 3 vols already.. don't know what the vol to ep ratio usually is and whether a S2 is planned.... the girls are 'leprechauns' or fairies in the wiki entry. I guess the tall girls with the cat ears aren't human enough to be called human? or this is a later DNA development post 'extinction'? I do like that OP... rather wistful.

gdpetti said:
Shuumatsu nani shitemasu Ka.... reminds me of that tendency, a LN... sounds haremish to me...
not really ;( if you feel like giving it another chance, finally some battle against its so called timeres is seen until ep.5... by ‘tuning‘ i expected cinephile loli Tiat to grow up ala KanColle, nice furry lady but Is the butter cake a lie (again)?:lol:

Anime needs more heroines like Chtholly.

I mean, imagine how much more enjoyable our RomComs would be if every heroine could actually say what they feel!

Norren said:
Anime needs more heroines like Chtholly.

I mean, imagine how much more enjoyable our RomComs would be if every heroine could actually say what they feel!
i think that's rare because honest heroines aren't so popular? But now, it's her turn to Break suffer waiting for willem... while fellow old survivors tell him the truth about fairies, their past life as human girls ;( a bizarre yet moving ep.6 :eek:

Had time to kill, so I took a look at this series.

I honestly like the concept, I did not like the beginning scene of episode 1 showing something, that again becomes clear half way through the series and will be answered at the end of the series. Hate such things,

The flashback scenes, I actually give credit
for giving more structure to the story and especially the relation with his old magus friend
The children and their situations, understandable, but questionable..

My personal opinion about this series so far after 7 episodes: I enjoy the story, the development, but, I am going to wait until the last episode has aired before coming back to this (if I stick with it) as the whole thing shouts a dramatic ending or even tragedy, which I honestly don't care for, as it is to be expected given the episodes so far and its genres. But, I had time to kill, so that part is on me for watching this so far xD

#Edit: Forgot to mention: This reminds me of the series: Black Bullet

Masich said:
The flashback scenes, I actually give credit
for giving more structure to the story and especially the relation with his old magus friend
The children and their situations, understandable, but questionable..

My personal opinion about this series so far after 7 episodes: I enjoy the story, the development, but, I am going to wait until the last episode has aired before coming back to this (if I stick with it) as the whole thing shouts a dramatic ending or even tragedy, which I honestly don't care for, as it is to be expected given the episodes so far and its genres. But, I had time to kill, so that part is on me for watching this so far xD

#Edit: Forgot to mention: This reminds me of the series: Black Bullet
Actually i find it more like utawarerumono and sequel, post'apocalyptic worlds full of animal people (except 1 2 humans)... Finally both main fairies left debut in ep.7, even if that Great Sage can't save Chtolly at least the cake Isn't a lie :d

Masich said:
I honestly like the concept, I did not like the beginning scene of episode 1 showing something, that again becomes clear half way through the series and will be answered at the end of the series. Hate such things,
Yeah, I was thinking of trying this one out too... though I agree that setting up situations that aren't dealt with until much later is rather bad writing.... as it can be dealt with without actually dealing with it.... if we take on the position of the protagonist and learn about things as they do... otherwise, we should be informed, if it's common knowledge, or obviously needs to be explained. I'll see if there's a dub.... I like them so much better, if done well.... sometimes the dubs don't give the written language stuff translated.. which can be a problem... though that is found in subs as well.. Re: Creators.... the stuff on the moniter is only in Japanese, not translated like you would find in a manga reader.

gdpetti said:
I was thinking of trying this one out too... though I agree that setting up situations that aren't dealt with until much later is rather bad writing.... as it can be dealt with without actually dealing with it.... if we take on the position of the protagonist and learn about things as they do... otherwise, we should be informed, if it's common knowledge, or obviously needs to be explained. I'll see if there's a dub.... I like them so much better, if done well....
there are 5 eps dubbed already ;/ yet I prefer subs up to ep'8, despite its start hints a bad end i'm enjoying this trip... oh the feels :0 telling by chtoly's future red hair, most likely that 'dug weapon' from MC's homeland won't cure her -_-

gdpetti said:
just watched Song of the Sea, by the creator of The Book of Kells... an Irish anime film, rather good, like the use of that Scarborough Fair song in another anime this season, the use of the folk music really sets a mood...Celtic in these works... along the lines of Riverdance and Celtic Woman sound/feels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6wVijh2n9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4OwyezkAw4
ep.9 full song ^^ so in #10, willem realizes the truth of human extinction But... proposed to Chtolly! hopefully that relic works, or else she'll end like ithea <_<

This series has some of the best music.

I really hope we get a second season of this. The light novel REALLY kicks into high gear around this point in the story, as the events of the next episode completely change it. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get to see just the intro of the next arc as a teaser... Right at the start of the arc,
Willem explains to Nephren that they're caught in a mental attack and starts to explain he's familiar with them because of that one time that a succubus tried to kill him, and then suddenly he has to give a PG-13 explanation of a Succubus to Nephren. :lol:

It's a really good arc, we learn what the Beasts are, and we finally get the resolution of that scene from one of the early eps when the first beast looked up and went "Father!"

Nope, not an Anime original finale! Everything went down pretty much straight by the book. The shot at the end is a teaser for the series' sequel.

C'mon second season. I wanna see the look on Willem's face when he has to explain to Ren what a Succubus is.

Norren said:
Nope, not an Anime original finale! Everything went down pretty much straight by the book. The shot at the end is a teaser for the series' sequel.

C'mon second season. I wanna see the look on Willem's face when he has to explain to Ren what a Succubus is.
You mean, by the Cliche Book! The ending was indeed a sequel teaser, but I wonder if they would even get a 2nd season, considering its like restarting all over again with Chtholly.

There are a few points that can be addressed in a future season, however, it feels somehow far fetched for them to actually explain/explore it. (if you catch my drift)

In any case, my personal rating for: Shuumatsu (etcetera): 7,3/10
Animation 8/10
Story 6/10
Characters 8/10

I have to say, that for a series I somewhat call Predictable, it did show that it actually tried to be original, for which I applaud. ''applauds''

Norren said:
which means she'll reborn like chtolly did, so they'll get their Memories back... i prepared myself for the worst since ep'1, isn't Nyg enough to troll around? ;/

What do you do at the End of the World? Are you busy? will you save us? 8/10

Did S1 complete the 5 light novels? So that S2 would pick up with the next 3 LNs? or wait till there is 5?
This S1 ended rather well, though the humanity creating their own worse enemy in their self image is a common syfy plotline, it was delivered here rather well, and I liked the reincarnated aspect to the female MC at the end.... the 'loop' or 'shunt' of life as we know and don't remember it. That aspect is covered rather well... just placed in an imaginary world situation for some escapist fantasy... like the Matrix films.... though I would like to see it done in our own present reality, this was done rather well. The male MC 'lost in time' or 'frozen' in time was handled ok, considering it was essentially just a line at the beginning to explain what he is in the present world... sort of like the old film "Planet of the Apes".... and other situations like that Malaysian airline, still lost in t/s... or so it is said..... which if factored in other old syfy films like "Close Encounters" etc. The song makes a reappearance in the finale.... well used, even if I thought it was a little over orchestrated. The female MC 'coming back' is sort of accurate as well .... or so it is said.... a choice point which is usually done in an 'out of body' situation with our 'etheric' body... 5d .. .to stay or go review of life's lesson plan... sort of interesting to see some of this in any format, let alone anime.... but it's so rare to see that I have to appreciate it. It's nice to see portrayed instead of just reading about it. Of course, if the author follows that line of understanding about 'life', then time is variable as well, so the characters could return to the planet.... before all these troubles began... time, like space, isn't 'fixed'... sort of wonder what else is mentioned in the manga.

So, did this S1 complete the light novels? anyone know how the anime covered them?

PS... I think I liked the dub better... yes, the same crew does it as they do so many of the english dubs, but the crew is rather good for the most part and it's always easier to watch an anime if you don't have to read it... and watching these last few eps subbed is rather odd at first.... but you do get used to it... just didn't feel like waiting to finish the season, knowing the sub was finished. ;)

gdpetti said:
So, did this S1 complete the light novels? anyone know how the anime covered them?
The anime only covered 3 of the 5 volumes.

I have read the entire first series novel, which in my opinion is rushed and most likely suffered from a lot of ''writer's block''.

I would honestly give the novel a 5 out of 10 at tops and hope that it will never get a 2nd season to adapt the last 2 volumes. That's all I can personally say,

If anyone wants to know anything else about the novel, feel free to private message me.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back