Should Bush Be impeached?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Jamjum

-san
Sempai
Hi, i have always wondered if bush should be impeached or not but since im a one person. i would like to know if you think bush should be impeached and reply with your thoughts about why or why not.
tongue.gif

Also if you also hate bush can you put a "
mad.gif
I HATE BUSH
mad.gif
" at the end of your message
Thank you

My Opinion About George W. Bush is simply that i have always hated him and what he has done so far and yea mostly it seems he's been one of our worst pesidents ever and really just should not be in office
sad.gif
god i wish he was out.

╤ If this is already a topic then please inform me or Delete this topic Moderators you know what i mean
dry.gif
╤

Well, he's not really the leader of my nation, but apparently John Howard sucks up to him a lot. The guy really doesn't seem to great though, from what I've heard. I haven't heard of many of his achievements, but he does seem to breach the Bill of Rights a fair bit, though. Makes you wonder whether or not he's fit to be the leader of a nation if he can't even keep to the constitutional bill of rights.

My bad; forgot to comment about the "
mad.gif
I HATE BUSH
mad.gif
" part. I have nothing personal against the guy, but if it makes you feel better...

mad.gif
I HATE BUSH
mad.gif

Well, I hate Bush, too. He certainly will go down in history as one of the worst of the US Presidents. He has condoned criminal activities which no Republican would have tolerated in a Democratic President, and he has done all he can to take away oversight from the Presidency -- and the business community which supports him.

He has probably done enough to qualify for the "high crimes and misdemeanors" that are grounds for impeachment.

That said, I do not favor impeachment. Such an action would simply polarize the country even more. The right-wing fundamentalists would seize on this as a way to inflame the public and gain more power, potentially recapturing power in a huge way and giving them the ability to curtail our basic freedoms.

Furthermore, unless Cheney were impeached as well *AND* a conviction obtained on both, then we might get Cheney as President. Of the pair, Cheney is the smart one. He is the most dangerous. We would exchange a bad dumb President for a bad smart one. Right now, Cheney has to exercise the power of influence. As President he could exercise the Power of Office.

Just my 2 cents worth. Regards,

Well im from Aus and i know nothing about politics, so i wont go there. But IMO yes Geoge Bush has done some bad things but there are also his achievemenets that needed to be taken into account. I think as long as his keeping the country intack and running then its fine, but im not American so i really dont have a say. btw his still in power so he must have alot of supporters.
And for John Howard i dont care what he does with Bush as long as the country is running and there isnt any major changes then im fine. And even if the leader does something that is regarded as wrong by the public, its leader who has been tainted not the country.

"I LIKE PENGUINS"

the american people had their chance of taking him out of the office, and they wasted it. what he's doing now isn't that different from what he did on his first term, so personally i don't think he should be impeached -- he just shouldn't have been given a first chance, let alone a second chance, in the first place..

Too many liberals on these forums, this isn't even worth talking about when everyone besides me hates him around here. Buncha Bakkas!

did it ever cross your mind that you might be the one that is overly conservative? i'm in the middle of my country's political range, you know.

QUOTE (Tralik @ Feb 07 2007, 11:23 AM)Too many liberals on these forums, this isn't even worth talking about when everyone besides me hates him around here. Buncha Bakkas!

The time of the Republican conservative WASP is over and the time of the idealistic liberal Democrat is here!
ph34r.gif

As far as impeaching bush it's too late for that now. He never should have even been re-elected for a second term. Also as rtgmath said, if we impeach bush then we are stuck with Cheney and we'd be even more screwed. Just let the remainder of Bush's term run out and vote for Barack Obama in the coming election. Or if you don't like his ideas then just make sure you vote for a democrat, the last thing we need is another republican.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tralik @ Feb 07 2007, 11:23 AM) Too many liberals on these forums, this isn't even worth talking about when everyone besides me hates him around here. Buncha Bakkas!
Not 'liberals'........but 'BUSH HATERS'....how about that?I guess that's more like it.And rtgmath-san says he hated Bush too......
blink.gif
rtgmath-san is one of the wisest we have in this 'Thoughful Sections'....He won't go hating a person without himself knowing the proper reason to do so.
wink.gif
(rtgmath-san is a math professor in a college in US.
laugh.gif
Amazing right?
biggrin.gif
)
Well for me I don't really hate Bush,yet I hated his actions and whoever his accomplices are more than himself.I don't know....it's just i don't feel right hating someone who can't even pronounce 'nuclear' correctly while he use the word a lot in his speech.(nukiller.....and he even says it confidently....
tongue.gif
).Poor guy...(yet he is rich!)

QUOTE (d'observer @ Feb 08 2007, 08:06 AM) And rtgmath-san says he hated Bush too......
blink.gif
  rtgmath-san is one of the wisest we have in this 'Thoughful Sections'....He won't go hating a person without himself knowing the proper reason to do so.
wink.gif
(rtgmath-san is a math professor in a college in US.
laugh.gif
Amazing right?
biggrin.gif
)

No offense to neither of you but i think it would be better off if you didn't depend your opinion based on someone else no matter how smart you think they are.. It's alright to agree, but being a math professor in college wouldn't be the cause in which why I would agree though
QUOTE (Tralik @ Feb 07 2007, 02:23 PM)Too many liberals on these forums, this isn't even worth talking about when everyone besides me hates him around here.  Buncha Bakkas! Let's try to keep this thread as clean as possible alright?.. It's not like I'm bashing your opinion but these kinds of comments are what leads to arguments and offenses.. We are just sharing our ideas..
As far as my thoughts regarding this issue.. I'd say no.. At least not now cause Bush is basically the only choice left in the situation given.. My vote can might as well be null cause I'm nowhere near the states nor from there
laugh.gif

QUOTE (xcouger @ Feb 08 2007, 06:39 AM) No offense to neither of you but i think it would be better off if you didn't depend your opinion based on someone else no matter how smart you think they are.. It's alright to agree, but being a math professor in college wouldn't be the cause in which why I would agree though
It's not actually that I'm basing my opinion on rtgmath-san sempai.If you've been following my discussion with him,we ends up having different opinions all the time.
wink.gif
But even so,his arguement is convincing and detailed that though I don't agree with him,it's not something that i can easily denied either.So when Tralik-san write that 'Buncha Bakkas' in his post to those who hated Bush(that includes rtgmath-san),I think he needs to know that rtgmath-san nor anyone else here are 'Bakkas' that they don't know why they hate Bush,and since among them rtgmath-san is quite notable guy in 'Thoughful Sections',I just thought it maybe good to point out at rtgmath-san.And also because rtgmath-san is an American too,and have lots of experience being one(he is 50 this year)--darkdog-sama meanwhile is a Portuguese according to his profile,that's why I picked rtgmath-san instead of darkdog-sama.
wink.gif
.Besides "rtgmath-san is a college professor.Amazing right?" that i point out earlier,is merely to express my amazement myself that we have a professor who loves anime here!
laugh.gif

Who's Bush.......................just joking around...........but damn does this thread seem quite tensed...................I'm from the UK and see many comical scenes depicting Bush and Blair as a couple..................its so funny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Really I don't know much about Bush, apart from he's the american president and man is one of those guys u can laugh out loud at, I remember seeing this vid at YouTube and it was about Bush was gonna dive a speech and all he said was "My name is George Bush" and he read it from a note that seemed to have been written by a 4 year old kid.

How about u guys go on YouTube and watch this video called "Twinkle Twinkle", its really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Cya

Bush ...
... incredible how this man is focusing the hatred of the world
biggrin.gif

huh.gif

I think that maybe US people - and the world too, cause it's now the tradition for foreigners to invite themselves in the political debate of the world's most powerful democracy - should stop and think:

* Why is Bush in office ? What would be the name of the US president in office if G W Bush did not exist ? --> certainly not Al Gore, nor John Kerry

* What is definition of liberal as opposed to (neo)conservative ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism

My guess that this is a new type of political divide that currently is much more meaningful than the traditional "right vs. left" or "republican vs. democrat"

Not all people in the Republican party are neoconservatives -->
just look at how many of them are opposed to the Iraq war

And within the Democrat party there are some very conservative-thinking people;
otherwise how can you explain their difficulty in finding a(n otherwise radical) solution to the Iraqi quagmire ?

This might be just a twisted view of my own, due to the fact that
1) Most (All?) of what we foreigners see of the US politics is the foreign policy
2) The foreign policy is one of the main criteria behind the neo-con / liberal divide
3) I, myself, have never lived in a country at war, to experience how such an event twists the political scene (although France now has NATO troops in Afghanistan and UN troops in Lebanon - and this is starting to come into play )

Please don't misunderstand: I only meant to say "please comment and argue about IDEAS instead of PEOPLE"

And yes
mad.gif
I hate Bush
mad.gif
because I hate what he stands for.

P.S. As you may have guessed, the ideas that I stand for are those of social liberalism. And in terms of foreign policy, the US presidents that I respect the most are Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

First i will say one thing the worst president of the entire U.S History Was ......RUCHARD NIXON.....look it up if you don't know what i'm talking about....

Anywho on your whole Impeached thing don't you think if the u.s does that what's going to happen to the Army in iraq??? They will probably need to stay there longer than planned becuase there will be no actual president unless who is gonna be the president of course BIll Chaney who also supports the war...So in theory you will not be getting rid of none of them making your impichment pointless....Oh and you also have to think about this....The president may say yeah lets go to war but there are also many people in the goverment who decide if we can go or not...Like the senate, people like that...So don't blame it on the president....(yes ,we all don't like him including myself).....but think rashionably here....

Oh if you hate bush good for you...but doesn't it suck that maybe a minority hates him since they had the chance to kick him out of office...but yet they kept voting for him....I don't see why people complain....

I personally think this discussion is stupid. Bush is not a that bad of a President. In support of this fact, he had a *very* large support prior to the move into Iraq. From that point, his support declined due to the war - which it has done with almost every president.

The worst part is that the main argument against it is "my son/daughter is fighting in the war!!". OMG!! Your son/daughter/wife/husband was in the armed forces and was actually deployed?! Tough Shit. They shouldn't have joined the armed forces if they weren't prepared to do *exactly* what they're doing. I think all the Bush haters should shut up and wisen up.

By the way, I'm not a huge supporter of Bush. In fact, I think that he was a relatively good president. HOWEVER, I think that his Cabinet was badly chosen, and made bad decisions, suggestions, etc. If the fault lies with someone, it is his cabinet, not Bush himself.

Edit: TragedyInVenus, you should get your facts straight before you start making stupid claims about RICHARD Nixon. He wasn't that bad of a president either.

Bush impeachment? No kidding... Who made this thread? I mean, I do agree he wasnt bad for the President and there couldve been a much worse one... Beleive me, I have known more horrible presidents
laugh.gif
Also, if smb DOES hate Bush so much, what's the point of raising this question so close to election time? Bush dynasty is definitely over by now, so what's the deal anyway...
And from what I know about Nixon, he was quite a decent president, and he wasn't impeached for not doing his job... And he wasn't really impeached anyways, cause the vote didn't go through...

Some people just trust the media more than their own brain at times... Most of what people hate Bush for is mere speculation on uncertain facts... Also, never say "the worst" until you see "the next" =P

Yeah,I think I've said this before,but for a president who're being selected by people voting for merely 4 years(8 years for 2nd term),I don't think Bush would have that much authority to pull out ALL these stuffs by himself.I mean,there must be some knd of organization,or a group of people that REALLY pulls the string behind the scene,and I personally think that our Mr. Bush here is just a mere accomplice that'll be the scape-goat for all these.So,I don't think all the blames should go to Bush,better be a little more realistic and have everyone involved brought to the light too(but I think that's REALLY hard to do).You see,didn't everything that Bush 'decide' must passed through the senate?Then what about those guys?Putting all blame to Bush would only getting ourselves into the mastermind's play,that is having Mr. Bush as their scape-goat(people would only blame Bush after his terms end,but overlook the other vital accomplices,that maybe just being let go freely..)

Impeached Bush?Well...his term is about to end like Aus said,there's no need for that.

And I think dchaosblade-san is correct.Against the war for your family is in the armed forces are not that good a reason.They shouldn't join in the first place(this isn't Vietnam,where men are being FORCED to go there even if they're not in the army..).At least have this kind of reason...'Iraq don't have WMD after all,so what about those Iraqis' death up to now?' ...that kind...

QUOTE (Konohamaru @ Feb 08 2007, 10:20 PM) Bush ...
... incredible how this man is focusing the hatred of the world
biggrin.gif

Well, when you walk the line and do things people thought should be done (remember, his popularity was once in the nineties, regardless that its now in the thirties.) The plan didn't work, he got heat, and the public turned on him.

As far as impeachment goes, I have yet to see what he's done horribly illegal. What I understand, that's what you have to do to get impeached.

For some reason people seem to think that 'nation-building' should be a quick process, when in reality, its something that takes dozens of years. People only have to look as far back as the end of World War II to see the problems of changing a peoples' way of thinking and doing things.

I don't hate him, I don't love him. I believe he's doing what he thought was right. I beleive he did what America thought it was right, but the process wasn't nearly as smooth as people hoped and in turn the people soured.

(EDIT) I was re-reading some of the things said here and something got on my mind. Aus-san is right. I remember following the '04 elections and looking at what was going on between Bush and Kerry. The issue that I was hearing from Kerry was 'Anti-bush, anti-bush, anti-bush, vietnam, vietnam, anti-bush.' That being said, I didn't have a flying clue about what Kerry was standing on, I just knew he was attacking Bush. He didn't give me anything to vote for.

my answer: yes. Bush is causing problems. It seems to me that he's just think of himself, never thinks about the country.
mad.gif
his first term was okay, but I hated the fact that Bush went to war with Iraq. I heard that he also asked France to help him. but France refused cause there's lots of people from the middle east over here so then Bush got pissed off. nani? what's this fight about anyways???
It has also come to my attention that Bush doesn't really follow the rules of America. doesn't it belong to the people? shouldn't the people be asked they're opinon first before the big desision is made? heck, I couldn't even listen to the State Of The Union Address in 2004. in fact if it's Bush, I never listen. who knows, I have a feeling that USA is going to run out of money with Bush. it's going down. and once USA is down, either, China or Russia is going to take over.

QUOTE (kathie007 @ Mar 20 2007, 11:03 AM) my answer: yes. Bush is causing problems.
Therein lies the problem. People need to look into what it means to be inpeached as well as the requirements. Bush is causing problems. Well, guess what? So did Clinton. So did the first Bush. So did Reagan. So did Carter. So did Nixon. So did George friggin' Washington. That isn't a reason to be inpeached.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back