Should Bush Be impeached?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
i never said it's not genocide, i just said it's far from being on par with hitler's actions. Killing one person is murder, killing 10 people is murder, killing 10 000 people is murder; yet, each situation is to be handled differently.

saying that saddam and hitler are on the same level is losing touch of reality.. the war on iraq was over-reacting, was rushed, was based on wrong premises, and hasn't done good to iraq nor the US. the world isn't safer, iraq isn't safer, over 3000 US soldiers have died and a lot more iraqis have died meanwhile. In WW2 it was pretty easy to consider one side as the good side and the other as the bad side: nowadays it's just not clear at all.

QUOTE (Mowerman @ Apr 20 2007, 06:44 PM) Heh, you're hard headed ehh. Genocide is genocide regardless of the numbers. Besides, killing/torturing/maiming of even 1 person simply because you don't like them is wrong.
Genocide is genocide, true. But did Sadam do a genocide? The definition of a genocide is "the systematic and organized elimination of a religious, ethnic or otherwise specific group of people".

The Nazi had a politic and organized system to attain a goal. The goal was to kill all the jews. Similarly, In Rwanda, Hutus lead government started to kill Tutsi for the reason that they were Tutsi. Those two acts are genocides. (there are also others if we look deeper into history)

As for Sadam, did he do a genocide? It is not clear. Many people say he was specifically cruel for the Sunni. But did he plan on killing them all simply because they were Sunni? That is not clear. Many of the atrocities that were committed had political explanations. For instance, the Kurde in the north of the country that he used to test his chemical weapon. They were know to be strongly anti-Sadam and many terrorist activities were suspected to be of Kurde origin.

Of course, this is not an excuse to these actions. But it is important to properly name things. Genocide does not mean "killing many people". The definition is a lot more specific.

Its important to not loose the fine points of what we are debating. Otherwise we are comparing apples with cars!

QUOTE (darkdog @ Apr 20 2007, 08:35 PM)i never said it's not genocide, i just said it's far from being on par with hitler's actions. Killing one person is murder, killing 10 people is murder, killing 10 000 people is murder; yet, each situation is to be handled differently. I totally support this statement. Otherwise, if killing is killing and as bad, what about all the allied soldiers who died in world was 2 while pushing back the nazi? What about the american soldiers in the Iraq and Afganistan war. They killed people. Are all these people at the same level as Hitler? If they are, we are going to have a big problem!!

I do not mean to offend anyone, but I believe that whole concept of a person saying "I hate ...." is very childish and selfish... If you don't agree with me hang around kids and you will hear this a lot. I think that if someone doesn't like what is going on then they should see if there is anything that they could do better. So when you ask yourself this the answer is probably no...you have no idea what foreign policies consist of, domestic policies, ...and the list goes on. People say and think that they are aware of what is going on but the truth is that they have no idea, instead of looking at the media for information why don't you ask soldiers or the people of Iraq what they think. I know this is a little of topic but it has a direct relationship with what people might think about Bush. Another thing is the word hatred...this is a very powerful word, I personaly think that a majority of people here have forgotten its true meaning. "Hatred is an emotion of intense revulsion, distaste, enmity, or antipathy for a person, thing, or phenomenon, generally attributed to a desire to avoid, restrict, remove, or destroy the hated object"-From Wikipedia-<//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate>. As you can see from the text above the word hatred means that you basically what that thing or person you hate to be "removed." So if you still hate Bush, then basically...you want him to die. If you don't believe me then you should look it up...So I want to ask people do you really hate Bush or anyone else for that matter, this word and emotion has been the basic cause for so many problems if not every problem across the world. So please ask yourself...do I really hate Bush...or do I just disagree with him...
Thank you for taking the time to read my reply.

"i hate" isn`t childish, it`s a herald for someone about to express their opinion.

oh, and , what`s impeached? , i know impaled tho...

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 26 2007, 04:37 PM) oh, and , what`s impeached? , i know impaled tho...
Its a particularity of the US political system.

Basically, if enough people in one of their legislative group (I never remember if it's the senate or the congress) vote for it, the president is forced to resign and an election is organized.

It is meant as a safety in case a president did something really terrible. For example, if the president was convicted of murder, there is nothing forcing him to resign. He could technically stay president while in jail. But it would be pretty ridiculous to move the white house inside a prison!! So they can force the president to resign.

Weren't the polls rigged or something for the '05 elections? I think they held the polls open longer then they were supposed to be open.

I personally 'dislike' http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dislike
blink.gif
Bush because he's starting unnecessary wars and he isn't too bright either. I guess the whole thing is for the oil.

Oh yeah, and the judge for the eventual hanging of Hussein had a blood relative killed by Hussein.

Maybe Bush is just playing dumb.

I wonder what my country and the world would be like if Kerry had won.
wink.gif
(that's John Kerry, i think)

No one ever found any evidence that Hussein had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks, i read it on wikipedia.

Nowadays it seems like America has all the makings of a budding dictatorship.

QUOTE (Bold-sama)Many people say he was specifically cruel for the Sunni.I think....I think it's the Shiites that he's being cruel towards,not the Sunnis...
tongue.gif
Saddam is a Sunni.But he does being cruel towards Kurds,that are Sunnis.Still,Saddam is Arabs,so though they are both Sunnis,now it's the case of being of different ethnics.Ironically,Saddam was born in Auja,the birthplace of Saladin(Salaheddin al Ayubi),and seems Saladin is an inspiration for peoples there....and Saladin is a Kurd....so irony.

Seriously,tyhe Shiites and Sunnis does have lots of issues between them,and it all started because of a Jew name Abdullah bin Saba'...
dry.gif
He converted into Islam(and it's questionable if he is sincere on this..),asking hig ranking positon from Caliph Uthman al-Affan,but was turned down as they still know little about him,then he hold grudge against the Caliph,and to exact his revenge,spreading rumors that Prohet Muhammad has chosen Ali to be the Caliph,that the previous two(Abu Bekr and Umar) and Uthman has taken Ali's right and disobeying the Prophet's order...Some people actually believes all that,bla bla bla,Shiites are born.See?*sigh*..Jew...

Anyway,back to the topic,Bold-sama is right.Saddam is guilty of massacre,not genocide.Like I said before,he does being protective towards the Sunnis,and most of his cruelty are done towards those who oppose him,and those people does have resort to 'terroristical' acts like assasinations' attempt towards Saddam.Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded because they're harboring(probably...) 'terrorist' that might pull some attempt to harm Westerners,Saddam kills those wo potentially pull out harm towards him and his government.....Somehow...the two looks closely related....
rolleyes.gif

Kurds that Saddams kills-around 200,000...?
numbers of Iraqis killed after the invasion so far--probably around 250,000...probably...

bah,left that alone,Saddam does deserve what he gets,but why all of the Iraqis are suffering..?And it's all because Iraq being a threat to Israel...bah!What's next?Iran?or Syria?I doubt North Korea would be next...they're not a 'threat' to Israel..the Jewis lobbier don't have to be rushed on them...
dry.gif

p/s:Not really in a best state of mine..pardon my offensiveness kay guys?
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back