shining inheritance

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

anbu-black-ops

-san
Kouhai
53b2f0fab9635afcb48f319.jpg

Title: Shining Inheritance / Brilliant Legacy / Beautiful Legacy
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 28
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2009-Apr-25 to 2009-Jul-26
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:45

Synopsis:

Go Eun Sung's life is similar to Cinderella's. After her father died, her step-mother, Baek Sung Hee, took away all of her assets and her younger brother, Eun Woo, suddenly disappears without a trace. Despite this, Eun Sung preservers and works really hard to fulfill her dreams. When the CEO of a food company, Jang Sook Ja, suffers amnesia and can't remember who she is Eun Sung takes her in. However, Eun Sung does not know that she is the grandmother of Sun Woo Hwan, the man who she switched bags with at the airport. How will their constant bickering lead them to realize that they care more about each other than they let on?

Cast:

Han Hyo Joo as Go Eun Sung
Lee Seung Ki as Sun Woo Hwan
Bae Soo Bin as Park Jun Se
Moon Chae Won as Yoo Seung Mi

---------------------------------------

this is the typical kdrama style. 4 hot young people entangle in love problems. lol. but how the story told is fresh, even though its been done alot of times.

episode 1 starts very slow, but it picks up very fast mid way in episode 2. and from there on theres no stopping it in dominating the ratings. lol. 40%+ is no joke. if you like the typical formula like coffee prince, 9 ends 2 outs, full house then this drama shouldnt be missed. its a must watch.

it just ended yesterday and im almost done watching it. doing a marathon. lol.

check it out for yourself to see whats the fuss is all about. also this is a good drama to start, for those who are interested in korean drama.

I began laughing when I saw this topic. I just began watching this the other night completely at random and have been hooked. I'm averaging about four episodes a day, so hopefully I'll finish it up within the next week (I'm just about to start episode 10)

It's nothing if not addicting. And also the first K-drama I've ever really watched!

At this point, I think what interests me most is seeing how Seung Mi and Eun Sung create a better (or worse? don't spoil me
tongue.gif
) relationship from their complete lack of care when they lived together as step-sisters. Not that I'm not interested in the various romantic encounters, Seung Mi just strikes me as the most interesting character of the main cast.

You're right, it doesn't move slow at all. I have to limit myself from just continuing on forever with streaming it
laugh.gif
I've just hit the halfway point, and you can tell things are really going to start picking up now.

The other character I really like is Hye Ri. Even though she's just part of the supporting cast, she fills the role well with her energetic personality. If that makes any sense
tongue.gif

I have heard Shining Inheritance mentioned alot in various drama circles-- so, is it funny, or is it more, y'know, "soapy"? To be honest, I'm very, very wary of any plot involving amnesia (unless you are Kimura Takuya in Gift, in which case you get a free pass to do anything you want).
tongue.gif
And 28 eps-- oof! I usually find K-dramas starting to drag at anything past the normal 16. Are they the average (for K-dramas) full-hour-long eps?

yeah. 1 hour long. its a good drama. not very soapy. its your fav kind of drama where there is a love-hate relationship between the 2 main characters in the story. lol. watch it. it picks up very fast mid way on episode 2. its not dragging at all. its on par with city hall.

@chiisai: yeah hye ri is a pretty cool friend. also i find jun se oppa hotter than hwan. lol. you agree? hahahaha.

im currently watching a new drama called partners since the man who cant get married is gonna end next week. episode 14's ending is crazy!!! lol.

Poonk, give it a try. The amnesia aspect isn't a huge factor, and is believable enough given the circumstances. The show has its own set of cliches Seung Mi, I wanted better for you! but it moves quickly and is enjoyable even when you can tell where it's going
laugh.gif

Agreed, Jun Se > Hwan in terms of physical appearance
wink.gif
Though, they have done an absolutely amazing job at showing Hwan's character growth. His actions are so awkwardly cute in the second half of the show
tongue.gif
But yeah, I'm still hoping Jun Se oppa gets a happy ending!

(I'm just about to start episode 21. Ohhh~ things are heating up and climaxing now)

Once I'm done this one, I might check out The Man Who Can't Get Married. I'd meant to earlier but didn't have time.

Okay, finally I'm into it now.
tongue.gif
I'm 6 eps in at the moment and it's pretty good. I'm sort of curious how they'll be able to keep it up though-- the last 2 K-dramas I've watched (City Hall & The Man Who Can't...) I also really liked through their first 2/3rds but then grew less enthusiastic over them nearing their ends. It should be interesting to see how this title handles so many more eps.

So far? Though I know Eun Sung (and by extension, I) will grow to like Hwan as the series progresses and he proves himself not to be a total a**hole, I keep thinking Jun Se has such a huge headstart on him, likeability-wise, that it seems kinda unrealistic that Hwan would be Eun Sung's choice, after that awful first (and second, and third) impression. But since I kind of know what to expect, I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride that I know is coming. Anyway, thanks everyone for that final nudge to get me watching this. I'm finding it well-worth my time.

Ah, so I blew through the last 22 episodes in like a week (it helped that I was home sick with a cold for 2-and-1/2-days). Though this was "soapier" (so many outrageous twists!) than most dramas I care to watch, somehow it really did still manage to hold my interest throughout. And yes, Hwan ended up being quite loveable (in that petulant sort of way) but this was still one of those rare K-dramas where I genuinely felt bad for the "other" guy in the love triangle. Now I think I have to go look up whatever else Bae Soo Bin has been in, to see if I can find something where he has a happy ending this time.

P.S. I like to think Jun Se hooked up with Eun Sung's cool friend (Hye Ri).
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back