Shin Megami Tensei games!!!!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

hamzaxxx

-dono
Sempai
The Shin Megami Tensei is a series that are produced now by Atlus on various platforms but essentialy on the PS2 with some of their best titels on it (SMT Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga...).Coming back to the origins the two first SMT were made by Namco on the super famicom(and were named Megami Tensei) but then Namco passed the rights to Atlus and Atlus added Shin (wich meant new in jap...)to the Megami Tensei titel...
All of the SMT games were about Bizarre phenomenon occuring in the world involving religion ,Demons and Angels.The SMT series was really different from your average happy go RPG with swords,magic,princess and world to save...It has some of the darkest stories ,background and Has always critizesed all of the religion thus it weren't much welcome to the US...
Now the last entries to the series are Persona 3 Fes on PS2 (it's an expansion Disc for Persona 3 the original game that added about 30 hour of gameplay with a new chapter,a true end and some new content...)from the Persona series (a spin off the SMT series that were always involving student controlling inners demon that were reffered as Persona...)and I'am glad to tell you that Persona3 will be getting to the US this 24 (yeahh!!!!!)and that this game really rocks...
So if anyone have already played one of the game from the SMT series then your welcome to state your opinion as I had already played Persona 2 eternal punishement on the PS, SMT nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 on the PS2 and I can say that the SMT series didn't deceive me yet as they're game were really enjoyable but had the littel problem of a high difficulty (almost all the SMT games are really hard,you always need to lvlup and elaborate a good strategie to beat some Bosses).
A last note: Keep the good work Atlus
biggrin.gif
!!!!
Edit:some wallpaper of the SMT games enjoy
smile.gif
:

i played about Persona 3 for about a month now, i really like the game. especially because the (lame) story that the world is coming to an end. to RPG lovers: this game is to your liking, i am sure (because i am a RPG lover myself). Persona 3 is a difficult game, but its a more "challenging" difficulty than a difficultly that would often frustrate players.
the only flaw in this game, is the pace of the game. the story progresses slowly, because you play through each day, going to school, socializing etc. contains approx. 4 loading screens per day. But then again the loading screens are so short, it isn't much noticable.

hey the coolest shin megami tensei game i think is nocturne
dry.gif
or sumthing but you get people from other games like dante and in the background sumtimes youll see valentine
also devil summoner is awesome man awesome
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I totally love the Megaten series. I own Revelations: Persona and Persona 2 for PS1; Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, and Persona 3 for the PS2. Can't wait for Persona 4 for PS3. Persona 3 is one of my all-time favorites.

Persona 3 was the one that got me into the whole SMT series ^.^ The one thing that I especially liked about it was how fleshed out the characters were; the development between them all and the storyline is very strong. Can't wait for Persona 3 FES to come out next month. I'm really looking forward to Episode: Aigis ^.^

I must say I agree with ShiroiKazeru, Persona 3 is the best Shin Megami Tensei game in my opinion also. I'm in the middle of playing it as well as Digital Devil Saga 1 and I think Persona far outweighs it for how fun it can be =) I just hope England gets FES aswell =(

there are more of them?
blink.gif

I'm sooo out of date, I only have: Lucifers Call
sad.gif

is there some sort of story/plot continuation with them? I'd prefer it if there was

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 has been announced for Japan. Hopefully, it comes out on the US. Also, it will stay on the PS2 and will have some new weather system. woot <3.

Ive actually only played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. But i have never beetin it yet. I got it about a year or 2 ago from a gamstop near my house it was used dont know how old the game is but was wondering whats lucifer calls. s it the sequal to the original. I also have Shin Megami Tensei for SegaSaturn but it wont run on my saturn for some reason might be bcause my saturn is english and the games in japanese dont know if saturn is locked for the lanuage or not. Mostly I dont even play these systems. I only ply my dreamcast most the time and sometimes my psp, I use my psp for Scanlations mostly though just so i can read manga while in the car on a trip. Back to the topic, what i can tell by the name its in the series but are you still the kid from nocturne or are you someone else also if ur a human. do the worms eat you like noctern. Digital Devil Saga and persona? Can you get demons the join your team in the other games and fuse them to make stronger ones like Nocturne?

Wow,Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 is going to be released in japan 10 July and it already have a release date for the US!!Yes Atlus USA said that they're going to release it 9 December 2008 (Yeah 2008 and not 2009!!)in a bundled special edition including the OST like the first Persona 3 release!!And P4 looks more awesome than P3!!Yes with a very good cast of characters (That you'll see in the vid that'll upload )new mechanics for the gameplay but it have the same graphic engine like P3 (Who cares?With a good gameplay,story and characters do you need something else from an RPG?).

P4 Trailer

I love the Megaten series
smile.gif
!
When I first tried Digital Devil Saga, it took me by such a suprise.. otherwise I have only tried Shin Megami Tensei (SFC),

Great to see other people who are really into it

So nobody bought the new Persona yet (Persona4)??As for me I'm really enjoying it, never seen a game with such vivid,original characters.The interaction between the cast of characters is soo good that they truly feel alive (loves it when Yukiko get's in uncontrollable laughter mode!).The gameplay is an updated one from Persona3 and the story is so mysterious and full of suspens that you won't be bored for even a second (and of course because ther's so much to do,raise your character stats,lvl your social links...).
edit: "comon let go of the remotedon't you know your letting all the junk flood in"I just had to say this
biggrin.gif
!

I bought Persona 4 also, but I havent made time to play it, because I dont want to have to grind to beat the bosses

i have all the persona games only not the smt though.

did you guys get the art book. it was awesome. i havent look at it yet cause i heard its full of spoilers. lol.

i still havent finished p3. then theres fes then p4. lately i dont have the energy to play any video games. im just buying them to collect.

this is old news already but looks like nobody posted it yet. so here goes...

are you guys excited about the persona: revelations coming to psp. i hope they remake the game instead of a port. have it completely overhauled.

i remember the first game kinda annoying when you go to a dungeon. it changes to a first person view.

the first time i saw persona revelations, i was so thrilled about the concept of students fighting demons. it was cool, different and fresh at that time. this was before ff7. but it was hard. and tiresome game that unfortunately made me stop playing it. i really hate the dungeon part. plus the translation wasnt that good. also the way you recruit demons... to much work. thats why i never got into the smt series.
tongue.gif

i hope they remake this game like what sqaure did to ff4 on the ds. that would be cool. or just make it similar to persona 2. no first person mode when you go to a dungeon.

anyways its still a good news... im always checking the net for some new info on it. cant wait to hear more about this awesome game. this is where it all started~

also i have a feeling that the persona series will do to atlus what the ff series did to square... hopefully.

its no longer a cult rpg. i hope they make a lot fo persona games on the psp.

----------------------------------------------------

anybody getting this game???

devilsummoner2_glamshot_b.jpg

EDIT:

whoohoooo! its official. persona revelations REMAKE will be coming to psp. before i didnt know if it will be a port or a remake, but now its official~

personaaaaaaaaaaa~

Well I'am a big Persona fan too and enjoyed to the fullest Perosna 4,I have only one word to express Persona 4,it was superb!!!It's been some time that I didn't see a cast of characters so full of life,I laughed with them,cried with them and got mad.And when the credit of the true ending came I was shedding tears of joy,throughout the playthrough it feeled like I was watching real people living their life with their problem and the mysterious murders...I wish there would be a new Persona for the PS2 or the next gen console.As for Devil summoner 2 I'am planning to get because the first game wasn't that bad!

yessssssss!!! psp scans baby~

http://img210.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...1_122_257lo.jpg

http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?image....jpg&loc=loc246

http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=..._122_1165lo.jpg

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=...2_122_104lo.jpg

quote: "Atlus is bringing two "new" PSP games to Japan: Persona and Growlanser. One is a remake, and the other is a port.

Persona is a "complete remake" of the 13 year-old PlayStation game. It has more save points, difficulty options, new cutscenes and the game balance adjustments. It will be out in Japan on April 29th.

The other PSP title from Atlus, Growlanser, is a port of the PlayStation tactical RPG. The PSP port features new characters and new routes along with battle tempo enhancements. The game is scheduled for May 14 in Japan."

btw growlanser is good too~

QUOTE (anbu-black-ops @ Feb 04 2009, 02:33 PM)yessssssss!!! psp scans baby~

http://img210.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...1_122_257lo.jpg

http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?image....jpg&loc=loc246

http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=..._122_1165lo.jpg

http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=...2_122_104lo.jpg

quote: "Atlus is bringing two "new" PSP games to Japan: Persona and Growlanser. One is a remake, and the other is a port.

Persona is a "complete remake" of the 13 year-old PlayStation game. It has more save points, difficulty options, new cutscenes and the game balance adjustments. It will be out in Japan on April 29th.

The other PSP title from Atlus, Growlanser, is a port of the PlayStation tactical RPG. The PSP port features new characters and new routes along with battle tempo enhancements. The game is scheduled for May 14 in Japan."

btw growlanser is good too~
Just found about these new release!!!I really like the Growlanser series too so hope that The port and the remake of Persona get localized.....Go Atlus!

ds is also getting a shin megami game called SMT: Devil Survivor~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Nx9vyLsyk...devil-survivor/

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4194/dsummoner2bub9.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6599/dsummoner3bvk1.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2218/dsummoner1bmu3.jpg

shin megami tensei: devil summoner is offically coming to the ds in june 23.

plot:

surprise demon invasion. No one within the isolation zone is safe. Can you and your peers turn the demons against themselves before time runs out and all is lost?

quote:

Get ready to save Tokyo from a demon invasion. Atlus is bringing us Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor on June 23 just like a little leak predicted. Devil Survivor is the first Shin Megami Tensei game for the Nintendo DS and unlike the other games it's a sort of like a strategy RPG. Players move COMPS, teenage demon tamers, and their fiendish friends on an isometric grid, but when it's time to fight combat switches into a turn based RPG. Think Archaic Sealed Heat.

Outside of battle it's up to you to solve the mystery of the demon invasion, fuse demons to make stronger allies or sell them in brand new demon auctions. A modified version of the alignment system from ****c Shin Megami Tensei games is back too since you can ally with angels, demons, or nobody and rely on yourself. Your choices will change the story and eventually determine one of the multiple endings. Sounds like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is going to have a lot of replay value for a $29.99 DS game.

---------------------------------------------------------

this looks like alot better than the psp remake of revelations: persona. atlus sure is spreading the shin megami love lately~ lol

now it makes me want to grab a ds lite or dsi lol.

141568.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

130051.jpg

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back