Sekirei

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Square Enix confirms that the Sekirei manga will be adapted to anime this summer

The whole Nanoha and Inukami! Staff (aka Seven Arc) will be in charge of production and directing the show. Square Enix has not confirmed whether or not the cast on the Drama CD included in one of the manga volumes will be the cast of the series. The manga's sixth volume will be available later this month.

"The story begins when Minato Sahashi, a hapless man who has failed at getting into college or getting a love life, suddenly meets a beautiful girl named Musubi. Minato learns he can become an Ashikabi, a master of the 108 artificial, humanlike creatures in the Sekirei project that will fight each other to their dying breaths. Musubi happens to be a Sekirei herself."

Episodes: Unknown
Vintage: Summer 2008
Production: Seven Arc
Distribution: Square Enix?
Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance, Ecchi

Credit and Source goes to ANN

Looks like this will be Seven Arc's new project now that Nanoha has more or less concluded. I look forward to seeing what Seven Arc can do.

Series that remind me of this plot: Angelic Layer, Battle Angel Alita.

WTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

You serious.....this is Korean..."MANWHA"....one of the ecchiest I have ever read (excluding hentai..lol). But still this manwha is crazy ecchi.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
A Korean manwha is going to be made into a Japanese anime.....I think this might be the first time.
rolleyes.gif

This makes Boobonaut look like a flat-chested LOLI!!
tongue.gif

WOW....this is a BIG surprise for me...thanks for the good news Kit.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Yea, this seems very ecchi from the first 38 pages I saw from the ANN post. In the first 38 pages it looks like Musubi just drops out of nowhere, runs away with Minato (cause she fell on him of course with panties to the face), and she's grabbing his hand after so he can fondle her. But I had no clue what was actually going on cause none of it was in english so all I had to go on were the pictures.

Hmmm.... from the guys who did Inukami as well huh? Why do I get this feeling that there's going to be a lot of yaoi ecchiness. Although you're saying Nanoha staff is involved as well, then this may be kind of a full fledged ecchi series, meaning no gender is safe, by my guess. Although I'd like to see how it is before I make any more judgements on this though.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 06 2008, 03:31 PM) Hmmm.... from the guys who did Inukami as well huh? Why do I get this feeling that there's going to be a lot of yaoi ecchiness. Although you're saying Nanoha staff is involved as well, then this may be kind of a full fledged ecchi series by my guess. Although I'd like to see how it is before I make any more judgements on this though.
laugh.gif

Well it's not really "Nanoha staff is involved as well" as the Inukami! staff, but both staffs are one in the same. Seven Arc animated both (the only 2 series they've animated actually) and it's the same director, Keizou Kusakawa. Good to see the script writer also did the script of one of my favorites, Elfen Lied, too.

Well that changes eveything. From what I can only guess this might turn out to be a full ecchi + series that sounds fun to watch. Although that's just a guess, and just in time for the summer time too. *chuckles* I'm going ot check this anime out when the first episode is fansubbed then.
tongue.gif

the biggest irony is that Square Enix is the primary publisher for the manga
tongue.gif
Who would have thought that Square Enix (creators of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts and various others) would be distributing something as ecchi as this.

Well when you actually look up other manga's they've published it's not as surprising cause they have published other ecchi manga series such as Nagasarete Airantou and He Is My Master. But I had to look that up to actually find any of that out or else I would have really only known them for making RPGs. Though by the looks of it Sekirei does seem to be a step or 2 above both of those in ecchiness.

So far most of the anime series I've seen that I liked so far were mostly Square-Enix to begin with. For the while I've been on these boards. Even so there's nothing wrong with an ecchi series now is there?
laugh.gif

Sekrei, might contain yaoi elements and it might have a little yuri action but it will be mainly male-female relationships. Its pretty crazy if you ask me......its like a mix of Inukami, Love Hina, Seikon no Quasar and this ancient hentai called "Buttobi CPU".

ECCHI GALORE!! XD

So overall this is probablly going to be a no holds barred no one is safe massive ecchi fest right? Well then I might be watching this series, and might even add it to my favorites list when it comes out.
laugh.gif

Besides I managed though Inukami so I'm sure I'll have no probelm dealing with this series of course.
tongue.gif

Look what I got from WIKI: -

Unconfirmed reports of a Sekirei anime adaptation began appearing on the Japanese website Moon Phase in January 2008, claiming that the series will be produced by ARMS (the animation studio behind Genshiken 2, Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny and Elfen Lied, among others).

For the time being I'm gonna go with Kit since the latter is still "unconfirmed".
wink.gif

Any ideas when this might come out ??

My guess would be Fall 2008 or Spring 2009.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 06 2008, 04:51 PM) Any ideas when this might come out ??

My guess would be Fall 2008 or Spring 2009.
rolleyes.gif

According to ANN it's being animated for TV this summer so sooner than you think.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Mar 06 2008, 09:24 PM) According to ANN it's being animated for TV this summer so sooner than you think.
Ahhhhh....I didn't notice that.
wink.gif

Well....Summer....hmmmm....I'm gonna say its going to be a 24 or 26 episode series.
rolleyes.gif

I was looking at some pictures for Sekirei and all I can say is boobies. At least they don't seem to be on the same scale as Dragonaut's epic proportions, though it's not like they are very far from it. Here are some of the other covers (couldn't find a larger cover for volume 3).

I was disappointed to read though that it's another milquetoast lead. They get on my nerves after seeing too many like them.

Nope, I disagree the boobs in Sekirei are much more voluptous, bigger, sexier and much more veteran than the ones displayed in Boobonauts.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 06 2008, 05:53 PM) Nope, I disagree the boobs in Sekirei are much more voluptous, bigger, sexier and much more veteran than the ones displayed in Boobonauts.
tongue.gif

I just hope they don't animate them at such epic proportions. Big boobs are ok, but Dragonauts took it too far and it just became kind of an annoyance instead of ecchiness.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Mar 06 2008, 01:49 PM) I was looking at some pictures for Sekirei and all I can say is boobies. At least they don't seem to be on the same scale as Dragonaut's epic proportions, though it's not like they are very far from it. Here are some of the other covers (couldn't find a larger cover for volume 3).

I was disappointed to read though that it's another milquetoast lead. They get on my nerves after seeing too many like them.
All I can say is purple hair girl on volume 2 cover = WIN!

Reminds me of a certain someone:

On another note, I see a lot of images from this show popping up in the ecchi pics thread in the near future.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 06 2008, 10:13 PM) On another note, I see a lot of images from this show popping up in the ecchi pics thread in the near future.
If I am not mistaken Kit, I think there are already some pics of Sekrei ecchiness in the ecchi threads.
rolleyes.gif

Sekirei is a Japanese manga by the Japanese female mangaka Sakurako Gokurakuin aka Sakura Ashika, perhaps better known for her BL/yaoi/shotacon works in manga and doujin.

Sekirei is scanlated in English by kmts, formerly known as Korean Manga Translations. The (former) name of this group may have misled some into thinking that Sekirei is a Korean manhwa.

A list of kmts projects at the kmts official website indicates that kmts translates both Korean manwha and Japanese manga into English.

In conjunction with ryColaa, kmts is scanlating Major, the popular Japanese baseball manga by Takuya Mitsuda. Major has been adapted into Anime Major, an ongoing Japanese television animated series airing on NHK.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back