Sakamichi no Apollon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
By far my favourite episode. For the most part it alleviates my fears that it was going to degenerate into one of those do nothing slice of life shows where the backdrop does nothing for the plot. It doesnt have to be something ambitious like "lets become the best jazz band in Japan" but just something simple like "hey, lets do a gig for fun." That was good.

I really like Kaoru as a character. I identify with him because he cant be carefree like he wants to be while the rest of the gang remain fairly clueless. Plus he doesnt drag things out.

Despite Sentaro's appearance/character design his past still felt contrived for me.

The "black jazz" as the gaijin put it was the best for me out of the two pieces. Really had that New Orlean swing to it. Some day, I would love to go there or San Francisco.

Now when I saw the glint in Yurika's eye I'm like oh gee, do I really want watch this love chaos ensue, where melodrama subverts everything because no one can say what they feel apart from Kaoru.

Give it an episode of two but I might just put it on hiatus.

Bleh, Mr. Boring is on his way to becoming a key character now... Love polygons, excessive melodrama, in short I'm thinking of dropping this sooner rather than later :/

Yes there was really no need for Yukari to fall for Jun. Its enough love chaos already. For a short moment I thought maybe she would go for Kaoru, but in the end I was wrong.

I dont know what to think about Kaoru kissing Ritsuko. Sure she still hasnt given him an answer but that was rahter drastic especially since japanese women seem to value her first kiss more than her virginity or her life or her familys or everything together.

It was great seeing those two unknown guys saying that Kaoru may be the secret boss. But its true since hes the only one able to stand up against Sentaro.

Another really solid episode with quite a few plot developments that took place. I was a little surprised that Kaoru openly showed such hostility and jealousy towards Sentaro since they had started to become better friends. It should have given him some solace that Sentaro has his eyes fixed on another girl and not his crush. Regardless of that it just shows you that when you have those kinds of feelings that Kaoru has been harboring inside that they can surface at the slightest of provocations. Sentaro didn't really deserve to get raged on like that but I suppose I can somewhat sympathize with Kaoru. He stole or took the initiative (matter of perspective) to kiss Ri-chan and she still can't answer his feelings nor did he understand Sentaro's back-story (that was a little less forgivable though) so his jealousy was running wild on two-fronts.

I did enjoy the jazz show but in the end didn't brother Jun come off as somewhat of a show-off? I won't hate on him though because they say if you got it, then flaunt it
cool.gif
and sure enough it seems that his little show didn't escape Yukari's wandering eyes for a second. I have to admit that I didn't see that one coming. It's too early to judge if brother Jun is the type of wanna-be casanova who would go after his good friend's crush. I'm pretty sure he's clueless about Sentaro's feelings at the moment. Now Yukari on the other hand... it's all in the eyes... lust and betrayal my friends
wink.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 04 2012, 04:16 PM) It's too early to judge if brother Jun is the type of wanna-be casanova who would go after his good friend's crush. I'm pretty sure he's clueless about Sentaro's feelings at the moment. Now Yukari on the other hand... it's all in the eyes... lust and betrayal my friends 
wink.gif

I will give my take from a woman's point of view...K-kun kissing Ri-chan smacked of a desperate lover who is forcing his feelings on the woman he loves...Ri-chan has class and despite running off in tears (confused? flabbergasted? shocked?) she maintains her dignity by acting as if nothing happened...I like her for that. K-kun! Slow down!
dry.gif

She wants to maybe play the waiting game and see where Sentaro-kun lands before she replies a word to K-kun...here's hoping.
wink.gif
K-kun is gonna just have to sweat it and be patient til then...otherwise, kiss your hopes goodbye if you are gonna persist.
rolleyes.gif

Now, as far as lust and betrayal go with regards to Yukari-chan...she is under no obligation with regards to Sentaro. They are not in a committed relationship nor has she given him any reasons nor an understanding, to think it may go there. Therefore, if she has fallen for the very attractive and very talented Jun-bro, why not go for it? She is young, beautiful, and carefree...perhaps, her friendly carefree ways are misunderstood by smitten wanna-be suitors while she promises nothing but a smile...if they fall and are heart broken later on...that's their problem, not hers. I see no betrayal in the truest sense of the word. What I saw was a chance encounter that may or may not lead to something...
rolleyes.gif

And why all the fuss about folks falling for each other? All are attractive and gifted in their own way...young, earnest, music loving folks are boring if romance ain't involved...imo, romance is what beautiful music is made of.
Like my good friend, Ossan, I too, found this episode solid.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ May 04 2012, 07:19 PM)Now, as far as lust and betrayal go with regards to Yukari-chan...her friendly carefree ways are misunderstood by smitten wanna-be suitors while she promises nothing but a smile...if they fall and are heart broken later on...that's their problem, not hers. I see no betrayal in the truest sense of the word. What I saw was a chance encounter that may or may not lead to something...
Yep, I just stated I saw lust and betrayal in her eyes and not that she had betrayed anymore (as of yet). I'm just putting my amateur soothsayer skills into practice here and from a man's perspective (thanks for the women's) I've seen that look before. But also I'm not gonna put the blinders on and act like Yukari's friendly and carefree ways are simply being misunderstood. She's fully aware that Sentaro likes her and being aware of that asked him to pose nude for her. Would you typically ask someone who you just want to be a friend to pose naked? Sounds like foreplay to me
wink.gif
Seems like she was taking advantage of a situation but that in and of itself doesn't qualify as any type of betrayal. Another point of note is that she was only invited to the gang's performance due to Sentaro (I wouldn't be surprised if he thought it was a date) liking her. Once again she can't be accused of betrayal for that.

But taking into account the information above can you really say her actions or just being misunderstood? Well maybe you can but I'll contend everything isn't being spelled out when it comes to Sentaro's and Yukari's relationship at the moment. Though reading between the lines it would seem like she's accepting his intentions and or advances without hesitation. So if she makes a play for bro Jun that in my mind would qualify as betrayal. An unforgivable level of betrayal ummm maybe not but you don't go after his best friend and not have a few harsh names (I can't type here) directed at you. Though with that being said ultimately the bigger injustice would be on bro Jun's part if he finds out and still pursues her in my humble opinion. True things like this happen all the time in real life, friendships end, and all for the sake of lust & passion. A nice long post on something that's just theoretical and hasn't even happened yet huh? But talking-points are fun, no?...

QUOTE I've seen that look before. But also I'm not gonna put the blinders on and act like Yukari's friendly and carefree ways are simply being misunderstood. She's fully aware that Sentaro likes her and being aware of that asked him to pose nude for her. Would you typically ask someone who you just want to be a friend to pose naked? Sounds like foreplay to me
wink.gif
Seems like she was taking advantage of a situation but that in and of itself doesn't qualify as any type of betrayal. Another point of note is that she was only invited to the gang's performance due to Sentaro (I wouldn't be surprised if he thought it was a date) liking her. Once again she can't be accused of betrayal for that.
As have I...been there done that...as long as there was no mutual spoken word between us and nothing has yet come of it, I am free to do as I will. In this episode, there was no indicator whatsoever, that they are an item. She ain't gushing over him as he is her, in fact, he seemed rather down as he recounted to K-kun the so-called naked incident...NO BIG DEAL. All she did was ask him to pose in the buff since she paints, that's what she does...he obliged her as he's smitten and like a puppy dog, will do anything she asks...she did not force him into it. Means nothing in my book...burden of how to take that little moment is up to him not her.

QUOTE But taking into account the information above can you really say her actions or just being misunderstood? Well maybe you can but I'll contend everything isn't being spelled out when it comes to Sentaro's and Yukari's relationship at the moment. Though reading between the lines it would seem like she's accepting his intentions and or advances without hesitation. So if she makes a play for bro Jun that in my mind would qualify as betrayal. An unforgivable level of betrayal ummm maybe not but you don't go after his best friend and not have a few harsh names (I can't type here) directed at you. Though with that being said ultimately the bigger injustice would be on bro Jun's part if he finds out and still pursues her in my humble opinion. True things like this happen all the time in real life, friendships end, and all for the sake of lust & passion. 
Sure, she knows what's she's doing and sure she knows he likes her, so what? She is still not obligated to give him the time of day as far as a possible romance with MAYBE another guy, unless of course, she has feelings for Sentaro too, but my hunch from the get-go, was maybe not...amused he likes her sure, and she likes him but maybe not in a romantic way...so the "relationship" has not been spelled out? I think going into this newest episode we should have gotten more of a hint but the way they were walking and the distance between them as she chatted with Jun and he with her...something's in the air and it ain't Sentaro...
wink.gif

I do seem to recall in a previous post herein, my saying that it would prove interesting as to how it all plays out and if she plays him for a fool...I ain't gonna be none surprised if she does and he falls harder unless Ri-chan gets vibes that Yukari-chan is a player of men and steps in to save the day and cry her heart out to Sentaro-kun about how she's loved him so all these years...please...let's get real folks and let's remember that as long as no one is committed or engaged or married for that matter, all is fair in love and war. If she makes a play for Jun and he for her...more power to them both and if they are both players, they deserve each other. If Sen-kun falls flat on his face as a result, well, he's learned the hard way that love holds no guarantees...but in the meantime, there's lots of great Jazz to be played and made and Ri-chan in the wings waiting breathlessly for just one look of love from him...
tongue.gif

Oh yeah...almost forgot...I really hope Jun-bro does not blow it. If it comes down to mutual admiration between him and Yukari-chan...I hope he takes the high road and wards off any jail bait tendencies/temptations since he might wreck that promising Jazz career of his...he's just too charming to be a snake...let me dream a tad more.
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ May 04 2012, 11:24 PM)let's get real folks and let's remember that as long as no one is committed or engaged or married for that matter, all is fair in love and war. If she makes a play for Jun and he for her...more power to them both and if they are both players, they deserve each other. If Sen-kun falls flat on his face as a result, well, he's learned the hard way that love holds no guarantees...
I give you props Yaya you're pretty hardcore and leave no room for that bond of trust & loyalty between friends there. I'll pose one last hypothetical for arguments sake though you may have already covered enough of your thoughts on the matter in your previous post. Let's say you are interested in a guy and he is aware that you like him. You go out on a double date with him (& friends) and you also pose nude (he gets to see your naked body free of charge) for him because he's a "painter" and asks you too. Then you invite him out to see your band play and he accepts the invitation. True you are not boyfriend and girlfriend but he's not declining your advances and just going along with them.

So your best friend DSL (just for names sake lol) comes along with you and before the night is over she starts making eyes at him. She doesn't know that you like him at the time but the guy is fully aware that you like him and that she is your best friend. He blows you off and starts trying to hook-up with DSL instead. So you wouldn't feel somewhat betrayed (or used) by him or his actions?

Then we take it to the last step and you inform your best friend DSL that's the guy you've been trying to start a relationship with, who hadn't been declining your advances, until she came along. DSL says too bad I didn't know at the time but I'm not going to stop pursuing him just because you liked him first so just get over it. You don't think that you would feel somewhat betrayed by her your best friend in a situation like that? Sure ultimately you would have to get over it but to just chalk it up to all's fair in love and war... It just seems pretty cold to do that to a best friend. Though maybe I'm just a naive person when it comes to expectations of my true friends. Has nobody else ever heard the saying bros before hoes (or vice-versa) xD.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 04 2012, 10:21 PM) I give you props Yaya you're pretty hardcore and leave no room for that bond of trust & loyalty between friends there. I'll pose one last hypothetical for arguments sake though you may have already covered enough of your thoughts on the matter in your previous post. Let's say you are interested in a guy and he is aware that you like him. You go out on a double date with him (& friends) and you also pose nude (he gets to see your naked body free of charge) for him because he's a "painter" and asks you too. Then you invite him out to see your band play and he accepts the invitation. True you are not boyfriend and girlfriend but he's not declining your advances and just going along with them.
So your best friend DSL (just for names sake lol) comes along with you and before the night is over she starts making eyes at him. She doesn't know that you like him at the time but the guy is fully aware that you like him and that she is your best friend. He blows you off and starts trying to hook-up with DSL instead. So you wouldn't feel somewhat betrayed (or used) by him or his actions?
Then we take it to the last step and you inform your best friend DSL that's the guy you've been trying to start a relationship with, who hadn't been declining your advances, until she came along. DSL says too bad I didn't know at the time but I'm not going to stop pursuing him just because you liked him first so just get over it. You don't think that you would feel somewhat betrayed by her your best friend in a situation like that? Sure ultimately you would have to get over it but to just chalk it up to all's fair in love and war... It just seems pretty cold to do that to a best friend. Though maybe I'm just a naive person when it comes to expectations of my true friends. Has nobody else ever heard the saying bros before hoes (or vice-versa) xD.
Bonds of trust and loyalty? Been on both sides of that fence and I will tell you it has cost me but in the end, walking away was the best thing I did, for my sake, alone. I told you, I have always had that image of the boxer in the ring...he loses, he takes it on the chin and bows out gracefully...if I had truly loved you why stay? But I digress...
If all I had was the fact that he acted like he was interested in me and yet never really made a move by wanting to be in a relationship with me or have a spoken understanding that we were exclusive, I have nothing to fall on except my own face. Why get enthused when there is nothing said? If DSL comes along, and we still have not reached an accord where we are "together" she makes a play for him, not knowing I liked him first and that he "liked me" and then turns around and likes her...I ain't gonna feel betrayed by either one since me and handsome never got around to sealing the deal...I do not assume anything when it comes to men no matter how much I may like you. Unless you fess up, it means nothing to me no matter how many times you make eyes at me...I have expectations if you are interested, but if all you are gonna do is "go along with it" and nothing more...you are free, as am I, to do as you wish. If it hurts and I was in the situation I just described, yeah, it would be a real blow to my ego/pride and we all know how we confuse wounded ego/pride with matters of the heart. Ah....
rolleyes.gif

If I pose nude for you, I do so of my own free will since you are a painter. I got the goods and you wanna peek aside from painting me without any expectations? Who am I kidding but myself that he may fall just because I got it going on? Nah...as I am sure he, as a painter, has seen many in the buff...NON ISSUE.
If DSL and I get to talking about how they are an item then that's the way it played since he was not interested enough in me (in the first place) to even bother or consider my true worth...men of that caliber fall real fast in my book and are not worthy of any disdain on my part. I will not hold it against her since she was unaware in the first place...if she was doing it out of malice, that is a whole 'nother ball of wax...
wink.gif

But I suppose we are dealing with teens in the midst of angst and first time loves...hell, time and experience has taught me otherwise which is why this whole scenario currently playing out in this anime, between the main characters, is rather amusing more than anything else...
wink.gif

Im totally on Yayas side in this case. They never made it official with really going out or anything. Shes got along with him so what? Thats whats friends do too. Its not exclusive for lovers. If shes gonna go out with Jun (what I doubt) then its completely Sentaros fault. Sure she may know he has feelings for her, but thats not enough. He has to tell her just like Kaoru did with Ritsuko. Except of course he told her without us having seen it but I think thats highly impossible. And Yukari never did more than go along with it. Sure she asked him to be a nude model but in my eyes thats not much.

About the betrayal. Jun doesnt know Sentaro has fallen for Yukari so if he should date her now he didnt betray Sentaro. If he wouldve gone for her after knowing about Sentaros love then its a completely different case.
And just like Yaya said, if she goes out with Jun instead of Sentaro that only means that she didnt really have any interest in Sentaro.

In the end whatever happens or not happens its Sentaros fault in my eyes. If he doesnt make the move and someone else does he only has himself to blame.

I finished watching episode 4 and read all the posts in this thread concerning the episode and I enjoyed reading the posts by both Senpai and Yaya.......absolutely love the inclusion of DSL in the conversation.

I do believe that when Sentaro finds out that there is a spark between Yurika and Jun, he will be heartbroken and somewhat feel betrayed and possibly more so because Jun-nii was someone who looked up to and was so enthusiastic when he was jamming together with him in the basement of the record shop.

Yurika showed a tad bit of tsundere at the beginning of the jazz gig when Jun called her "Young Lady" but that was more of a defensive line so that she won't be judged right of the bat, which in theory is where the initial chemistry began between the 2 and continued with her eyes only staring at Jun and ending the night with Jun and Yuakri sharing a moment by telling each other how they should call one another in a fashion of having them facing away with Yurika blushing for the first time in the series whilst Sentaro and Kaoru are fooling around. Which justifies that she wasn't completely attracted to both Sentaro or Kaoru but only Jun thus far. Obviously, Sentaro's jazz playing is going to be severely hindered just like how Kaoru's performance during the times they were jamming were affected.

As for, Kaoru kissing Ri-chan, I think he couldn't help himself when he saw her being unbelievably cute in front of him, of course stealing a kiss from her, shocked Ri-chan quite a bit. I'm sure he will suffer some repercussions in the future but I don't think Ri-chan would do anything to hurt him because she actually doesn't want to hurt him but she can't hide her feelings for Sentaro either.

I love this series and find it hilarious that ppl are deciding to drop this series because of a love polygon, something similar happened in TTGL. I don't know what to say to ppl like that, I mean I guess they don't want to watch a romance anime but I just really want to say how much of an idiot they are, it's implied it pretty much will be from the get go but then again the anime is more about friendship and going from being a teenager to an adult.
wink.gif

They are only a few "musical" animes out there that I thought were brilliant, NANA, Beck, Macross series, Nodame Cantabile and soon Sakamichi no Apollon will join that short list.

EDIT #1:

I made a few corrections in my initial post, I noticed I made quite a few retarded mistakes and certain lines didn't really make sense unless you added a word or rearranged it.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 07 2012, 06:55 AM)I love this series and find it hilarious that ppl are deciding to drop this series because of a love polygon, something similar happened in TTGL. I don't what to say to ppl like that, I mean I guess they don't want to watch a romance anime but I just really want to say how much of an idiot they are.
wink.gif

If you are a romantic sap, you will appreciate girls and guys getting together even if it is done badly. Which is what commercial media capitlises on. A plurality of shows portray love very badly, imo. Add to that the prudishness of the Japanese then naturally it places a restraint on how they portray love. I.E the treatment of sex as a non-issue. So the only way to show any kind of complexities in love is to prematurely roll out a love triangle/polygon.

To anybody with a bit life experience will ask what is really at stake here. Someone feelings getting hurt? Boohoo. Are the character established enough for the audience to care whether these people have their feelings hurt? IMO, no (feel free to disagree). While I like Kaoru as a character, I'm not fussed about whether he gets with Ri or not and that goes double for the rest of the ensemble as well. But if Kaoru for the remaining series is going to pine after Ri and Ri pines after Sen and Sen pines after Yuri while Yuri pines after Jun... I have to ask myself will it be fun to watch people for an entire series mope around, while inevitable miscommunication causes more unneeded melodrama. The only kind of payoff you can get in that scenario is seeing who gets with who. And like I previously said I dont really care. I came for the Jazz primarily.

And I have to say Simon moping after the red head in TTGL was again for me its low point. Luckily, that was just a plot device to move the main plot thread forward. Here it seems to be quite the contrary.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 07 2012, 07:55 AM) Yurika showed a tad bit of tsundere at the beginning of the jazz gig when Jun called her "Young Lady" but that was more of a defensive line so that she won't be judged right of the bat, which in theory is began the initial chemistry between the 2 and continued with her eyes only staring at Jun and ending the night with Jun and Yuakri sharing a moment by telling each other how they should call one another in a fashion of having them facing away with Yurika blushing for the first time in the series whilst Sentaro and Kaoru are fooling around.
As soon as Yurika and Jun met I was like "uh oh...." I can see whats going to happen here
tongue.gif
Sparks were flying from the get-go
tongue.gif

Personally I like their budding romance, even though I do feel bad for Sentaro. Although didn't feel that Yurika suited Sentaro, so I'm not disappointed at all by this development.

Obviously Sentaro is going to feel betrayed and hurt by Jun when all this comes to light, and I'm predicting it will affect his love for jazz since he looks up to Jun so much as his jazz idol. I wonder if Ri-chan will take the initiative and let her feelings be known while comforting him?
And I'm curious as to where all of this will leave poor Kaoru in the end? I applaud him for having the courage to steal a kiss from Ri-chan, at least he's got guts when it comes to matters of the heart.

Anyone else surprised to hear that Sentaro is only 15 years old? I've never seen such a nicely toned and muscular body and only 15... hmmm
tongue.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ May 07 2012, 09:59 AM)To anybody with a bit life experience will ask what is really at stake here. Someone feelings getting hurt? Boohoo. As much as I hate to say it, getting hurt is only natural during the process of growing up... especially at that age.

So Kaoru seems to be getting over his love for Ri-chan. Sentaro was being a good friend to him by joining to go to visit his mother. I wonder how it will go from now: Yurika seems to be struggling with her new emotions for Jun. That Jun wasn't at home feels to be important. Is he with Yurika now? Ri-chan may be in love with Sentaro but how will that go? Sentaro may have an idea that she may like him (when he asks his sister it feels like he has a clue) but i don't think he seems her as more than a friend. My preference for the couples is that Ri-chan and Sentaro eventually do get to be a couple and that Kaoru gets a nice girl. Maybe when that sister of Sentaro is older?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ May 11 2012, 09:49 AM)So Kaoru seems to be getting over his love for Ri-chan. Sentaro was being a good friend to him by joining to go to visit his mother. I wonder how it will go from now: Yurika seems to be struggling with her new emotions for Jun. That Jun wasn't at home feels to be important. Is he with Yurika now? Ri-chan may be in love with Sentaro but how will that go? Sentaro may have an idea that she may like him (when he asks his sister it feels like he has a clue) but i don't think he seems her as more than a friend. My preference for the couples is that Ri-chan and Sentaro eventually do get to be a couple and that Kaoru gets a nice girl. Maybe when that sister of Sentaro is older?
I'm loving the bromance between Sentaro and Kaoru...
biggrin.gif
Sentaro is so awesome for going the extra mile for his friend. I know Kaoru appreciates it too deep down though he would never admit it. I hope that Kaoru returns the favour because Sentaro is going to need his bro's support in the future because Yurika is zoning in on Jun and he is none the wiser....
rolleyes.gif

I can't guess where Jun was when they were in Tokyo. Yes he could be with Yurika, but I don't understand why all her letters were in his mail slot....? Unless he never received them because he hasn't been back there yet. Also I find it curious that he was talking about a name being similar...? Is he talking about her name and that she reminds him of someone?

I'm not sure Kaoru is totally over Ri-chan, but he's in the process of getting over her, which is a start. At least he's no longer moping around and it's funny but laughing when you're in a state like that can be very therapeutic.

As for Sentaro attempting to ask his little sis about Ri-chan's crush, I don't think he knows it's him. I'm guessing he's curious because he may like her but he doesn't know it
tongue.gif

You know the stuff with Jun missing makes seriously no sense at all. He was gone for a month but thats not a surprise since he was hanging around with Sentaro and Kaoru the whole time(!). But then its strange for Yukari to send him letters if he still there.
But I guess they did it again, the main fault of this show, stupid jumping around in time. Just like back then in ep 2. In ep 1 Sentaro and Kaoru only met and all of a sudden in ep 2 they are best friends who always, there whole life long played jazz together -.-
But if they jumped a month forward it still makes no sense since Kaoru got the address about his mom the same day Jun was still hanging around them.
Didnt know this show was about time paradox too.

No Kaoru isnt over his love for Ritsuko. He just accepted the fact that he cant force it because Ritsuko doesnt have the guts to do anything except for smiling and crying. But well not that she did anything else this whole show than that.

Sentaro obviously doesnt think its him because he probably cant even fathom it could be him. He probably thinks something like him not beeing good enough for her and them only beeing friends and such. But as it was shown he may have had feelings for her too, or maybe still has and thats the reason he still hasnt officially confessed to Yukari.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 13 2012, 03:59 AM) You know the stuff with Jun missing makes seriously no sense at all. He was gone for a month but thats not a surprise since he was hanging around with Sentaro and Kaoru the whole time(!). But then its strange for Yukari to send him letters if he still there.
But I guess they did it again, the main fault of this show, stupid jumping around in time. Just like back then in ep 2. In ep 1 Sentaro and Kaoru only met and all of a sudden in ep 2 they are best friends who always, there whole life long played jazz together -.-
But if they jumped a month forward it still makes no sense since Kaoru got the address about his mom the same day Jun was still hanging around them.
Didnt know this show was about time paradox too.

Hah thats funny that you should mention that, I was thinking about this too. I couldn't wrap my head around the timeline either. What I'm thinking is, that since Yukari first met Jun at the jazz club she's been writing him letters and he hasn't been back to his room in Tokyo since the concert...
As for Sentaro and Kaoru becoming good friends in such a short time... well they just became fast friends through their love of jazz (and Ritsuko
wink.gif
) I agree with you that Sentaro may have feelings for Ricchan as well, though I'm not sure he's completely aware of it.

I didn't mind the time jump because the father did say they he can meet his mother the next time there's a holiday and assuming they just finished the Winter break and had to go to school for a while until the next holiday.

Episode 05 was great, to be honest I thought the mother worked in a bar or something considering the shop-front but they never really told us in the anime.

I was hoping this series would have 20+ episodes but WIKI has now stated that it will be only 11 episodes (I hope it's wrong) but I wouldn't be surprised since it's an anime airing in the noitaminA hour slot. Hopefully, it gets a 2nd season like Moyasimon.

According to mangaupdates, the manga is still ongoing but the serialization has ended.......I was little confused by this statement, I can only deduce that the story is finished with 9 volumes like it says at WIKI. What's really surprising is that the manga is being scanlated INCREDIBLY fast, a pace I have not seen in a while with 4 volumes of the manga being scanlated in the space of 1 month.

I've just gone through the manga real quickly and the anime is currently up to Volume 4, there are 9 volumes, so I guess the story really does end at episode 11.....so there's gonna be some really drastic development, I know it doesn't feel like it in the anime but the story has actually progressed quite far.......to be honest, I really didn't notice.

As for the anime and manga versions, they are almost identical in most of the scenes, some scenes are changed a little by repositioning the characters but there are quite a few scenes of the manga that are cut out from the anime, such as when Sentaro reassures Ritsuko that Kaoru will be back at the Record Shop soon, right after Sentaro overhears Kaoru's dad give him Shizuo's letter about his mother.

I'm gonna read the rest of Volume 4 and 5 of the manga because I can't wait till next Friday for the release of the next episode.

EDIT #1...........**SUPER HUGE SPOILERS** read at your own risk:-

I'm still reading Volume 4 and the anime seems to have taken a slightly different path of the manga, in the manga Kaoru's mother reveals why she had to leave him and his father...........quite sad, I guess the anime omitted that event to save time, so that the series can be done in 11 episodes.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 13 2012, 07:43 PM) I've just gone through the manga real quickly and the anime is currently up to Volume 4, there are 9 volumes, so I guess the story really does end at episode 11.....so there's gonna be some really drastic development, I know it doesn't feel like it in the anime but the story has actually progressed quite far.......to be honest, I really didn't notice.can't wait till next Friday for the release of the next episode.
Wait wait wait. You want to say that they ran thought more than 3 volumes in 5 eps oO Just how is this possible? Are the manga volumes only 100 pages short or what happened? Especially since you say they didnt really forget everything makes it even less unbelievable.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 13 2012, 07:06 PM) Wait wait wait. You want to say that they ran thought more than 3 volumes in 5 eps oO Just how is this possible? Are the manga volumes only 100 pages short or what happened? Especially since you say they didnt really forget everything makes it even less unbelievable.
Each manga volume is split into 5 chapters (scenes), which total to about 170 to 190 pages each volume. Yes, the anime has already used up about 16 to 17 chapters of the manga already, so it's currently at Volume 4. Read it if you don't believe me.

EDIT #1:

I just finished Volume 5 Chapter 25, brilliant series, yes you better believe it, the anime moves very fast but that is also due to how quickly the chapters move too. I mean, if these chapters were coming once a month, which I think it did, then you can say the manga was moving slowly with very little content but since I only just read the first 5 volumes today, the progression of the story seemed fast for me but that is to be expected when I'm reading it in one sitting.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back