Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou (2018), Soul of Gold (2015) & Omega (2012-14)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

• Mū of Aries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldebaran of Taurus

• Saga of Gemini

• Deathmask of Cancer

• Aioria of Leo

• Shaka of Virgo

• Dohko of Libra

• Milo of Scorpion

• Aioros of Sagittarius

• Shura of Capricorn

• Camus of Aquarius

• Aphrodite of Pisces

• Kanon of Gemini

• Shion of Aries

• None / one after or before them

• Total voters
Second ep was a bit better.
I got used to the animationstyle now, but I still dont like it.
But I still might drop this one.

I must agree that its animation and character designs aren't bothering me as much as before, still it remains in the botton of the 10 standard length TV series I picked to watch weekly -.- ...meanwhile I'll wait for other series from this season to be finished and marathon them if those interest me enough or get any better based of recomendations given here, such as final scores

well eps 4 and 5 turned out a bit better learning what happened with Ryuho's father and master Shiryu, but was a surprise his mother Shunrei shown as well up taking care of his husband just like she did with Dohko of Libra when he was alive before the Hades holy war... also the Saint Fight challenge for Bronze saints to officially became Silver ones and meet Athena at the Sanctuary is looking good, was nice to see again some of the 80's underdog saints back having more screentime like Geki of Bear as Palaestra's teacher and Ichi of Hydra as a pathetic upperclassman so I'm looking forward to know about other old characters of the previous generation
smile.gif

thumb.gif
Gm8Q5sopY45PQOTikfIwTA.jpg
Geki_Poigne2.jpg

thumb.gif
ch01.jpg
1081999311.jpg

Just watched ep 3 and I have to say that the mask rule is one of the most stupid things ever. Why even introduce and use women if you cant see her face? Thats just completely not understandable.

About the Athena stuff. I think its pretty easy. You saw that Saori was really weak so they probably discarded her as Athena and got someone else whos stronger. Easy isnt it.

So this show...definitely has the Heartcatch Precure! feel to it in both character designs and story. Major problem? The lead is damn annoying and none of the Saints are really all that interesting when compared to the previous titles. To be honest, the series looks like it's on track for about 24 or 26 episodes in length and at the rate it's going, this series may very well make the original series look amazing in comparison.

QUOTE I tried to go past the design of the characters that i don't really like, and the changes to the story (Seiya becoming Sagitarius saint, clothstone, etc.), but they're really going too far...
Seiya was never Sagittarius Saint and I don't recall them every saying he was. He was always the Pegasus Saint and it even said so in the first episode of Omega. I see that on aniDB it says he is protected by the Sagittarius cloth, but I presume that's a typo or a reference to the original US dub name. In the US, they called Saint Seiya as Knights of the Zodiac and each Saint was effectively named after one of the actual constellations, which if I recall he was known as Sagittarius.

QUOTE The concept of a new Pegasus saint while Seiya is still alive is already destroying the story, as it was said that the Pegasus saint was always the reincarnation of the one who fought Hades, so how can there be 2 incarnations alive at the same time ?
We don't know if Seiya is still really alive, but seeing as we haven't seen his dead body, yes I do agree. If he is alive then they need to explain the idea of 2 incarnations of the same Saint type.

What I want to know is about the Saint-rankings since they never explained it in the Lost Canvas (only series I saw of this franchise). Its said that the Gold Saints are the Zodiac signs, so that means even though its different people its always the same cloth. But does that mean that if I get from bronze to silber to gold I always have to change my cloths, attacks, cosmo and everything else? Or am I just born a gold?

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 11 2012, 01:36 AM) What I want to know is about the Saint-rankings since they never explained it in the Lost Canvas (only series I saw of this franchise). Its said that the Gold Saints are the Zodiac signs, so that means even though its different people its always the same cloth. But does that mean that if I get from bronze to silber to gold I always have to change my cloths, attacks, cosmo and everything else? Or am I just born a gold?
If I remember well you are not born Gold, You have to earn the right to wear the Gold armor. When you go from bronze to Silver and to gold you have to change your armor for each state and your attacks and powers increase also.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 11 2012, 01:36 AM) What I want to know is about the Saint-rankings since they never explained it in the Lost Canvas (only series I saw of this franchise). Its said that the Gold Saints are the Zodiac signs, so that means even though its different people its always the same cloth. But does that mean that if I get from bronze to silber to gold I always have to change my cloths, attacks, cosmo and everything else? Or am I just born a gold?
It depends on which version of saint seiya you are refering to.
In the original series, as well as Lost canvas, you are born to be a specific saint, and as such you don't "evolve" to be a gold saint, even though you can train to get a strength on par with them.
In Next Dimension, saints can change constellations, and as such can go from bronze to silver or gold. So yes, in that case you have to change cloth (from dragon to libra for example), but not necessarily your attack patterns.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 10 2012, 02:26 PM)Just watched ep 3 and I have to say that the mask rule is one of the most stupid things ever. Why even introduce and use women if you cant see her face? Thats just completely not understandable.

About the Athena stuff. I think its pretty easy. You saw that Saori was really weak so they probably discarded her as Athena and got someone else whos stronger. Easy isnt it.do you remember Yuzuriha of Crane used a mask in Lost Canvas for a while when she started wearing her silver cloth? it's an old tradition that any female must follow gaining the right to become a saint equal to any male, in case he sees her face she has the obligatory dilemma to either kill or love him though both Yuzuriha (like 300 years ago) and Yuna of Aquila decided to disobey them and since then they don't hide it... I guess Omega will break that rule too when all the other female saints find out (now that Kouga knows) about the fake Athena who most likely gave them their masks just like happened in Yuna's flashback, it's not a surprise why that green haired girl is replacing the real reincarnation of the goddess seeing Saori weaker after 25 years as she's almost in her 40s even if she (or any other who appeared in the 80's except for Tatsumi) looks as young as she used to be xD

QUOTE (sg1.jedi @ May 14 2012, 04:14 AM)QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 11 2012, 02:36 AM)What I want to know is about the Saint-rankings since they never explained it in the Lost Canvas (only series I saw of this franchise).If I remember well you are not born Gold, You have to earn the right to wear the Gold armor. When you go from bronze to Silver and to gold you have to change your armor for each state and your attacks and powers increase also.
QUOTE (daedalron @ May 16 2012, 06:02 AM)It depends on which version of saint seiya you are refering to.apparently Omega will take a similar saint system after Tenkaihen or Next Dimension just like it did with the Saint Fight being interrupted this last episode in a similar way as the Galaxian War was in the 80's, or how the Gold Saint chairman Ionia of Capricorn became the traitor just like Saga of Gemini was the fake patriarch (or pope) of the sanctuary 25 years ago... originally the Saint Seiya manga creator Masami Kurumada established the differences about the cloths and ranks of the 88 constellations which mandatorily only 12 of them are gold named after the zodiac signs, but he never cared to explain if those saints started as bronze ruled under another constellation then ranked up to silver after years of training or their fate was to born and directly be a specific class:
Bronze Cloth: official armor used by warriors of Athena who master the basics of cosmo, the Bronze Saint attacks and movements are as fast as Mach speeds depending of how much they can increase their cosmos but usually are slower than the speed of sound or are limited to sharpen only the known 5 senses.
Black Cloth: fake bronze armor used by the traitors exiled by Athena and were introduced in the first arc of the original series (bronze battles), in skill and cosmo the Black Saints are on par with the usually weaker Bronze Saints.
Silver Cloth: used by stronger holy warriors who usually are masters of Bronze Saints, the Silver Saint abilities are on par or greater than the speed of the sound and dominate the 6th sense (mind power- those who are able to do either telepathy, telekinesis or teleportation).
Steel Cloth: mechanical armor used by 3 Steel Saints who only appeared in the anime adaptation of the second arc (silver battles), even though their constellations are part of the 88 they don't possess any cosmos but in ability are between the Bronze and Silver Saints.
Gold Cloth: used by the 12 saints of highest rank who usually are masters of either Bronze or Silver Saints, the Gold Saint abilities are on par or greater than the speed of light and dominate the 7th sense (fighting spirit- those who can survive the speed of light and fight unconscious even without the other 6 senses).
God Cloth: the ultimate armor that first appeared in the Elysion arc (Hades last holy war) thanks to the blood of Athena, in total there are 12 which were used by the olympian gods in myth times and master the 8th sense or beyond (intransigent soul- those who can travel alive through any other dimension like the underworld or heaven).

Ts, have you ever seen such an ugly Athena? Shes defenitely not worth saving. or even showing. Destroying the sanctuary is the perfect symbol of what they do with the franchise. They make everything different and just destroy what was -.-

I wonder just what all the other gold saints are doing. Its not like they wouldnt know what is happening, are they on Mars side too? Im pretty sure Eden is now.

@Necro: Thanks for explaining the stuff with the clothes. It really an easy way to skimp explanations, just dont let someone get higher -.-

you're welcome ^^ is the least I can do to explain why many aspects of previous SS adaptations are generally better than this excuse of a sequel and point out the diferences between them, too bad now that the gold saint Mycenae appeared most likely Ikki of Phoenix (once protected by the late Aioria's Leo Cloth 25 years ago) and the other legendary saints aren't gold ones except for Seiya who is still alive -.- ...also I don't think Eden will side with Mars neither with the new bronze saints except in critical moments when they need help (telling by the opening) and surely he'll will take his own path as a "lone wolf", just like Ikki did back then but it's ironic because Haruto (don't confuse with Naruto lol) would fit that kind of attitude better because he's the ninja Wolf Saint who was imprisoned for a long time
dry.gif

I'm quite impressed this series keeps going while it didnt turn so bad compared to its first arc back in spring which i started rating between 5 and 4/10 until the Saint fight tourney, besides it has a surprisingly good soundtrack I didnt expect Kouga and Aria as simblings or her death (who I'll not miss because I don't like that character as a new Athena) ¬¬ ...telling by previous Saint Seiya mangas I predict she's walking the path to Mount Yomotsu's pit or in Hell already waiting to be saved in case Omega discards Hades' saga, where his underworld doesn't exist anymore after Athena kills him ^^ as announced in the preview hopefully next chapters get better (ep.16 is bad enough with a 3/10 score) -.- in average:

Saint Seiya Omega Palaestra/Bronze Saints arc (ep. 1 to 10) spring 2012 - 4/10
SSΩ Elemental Ruins/Silver Saints arc (eps. 11-27) summer 2012 - 5/10
SSΩ Tower of Babel/Gold Saints arc (eps. 28-??) fall 2012 to winter 2013? - ???

Wait wait wait when did Aria die? Ive watched until ep 26 (which is the newest) and cant remember that happening, especially because the last eps were about Haruto, Yuna, that waterguy and Souma. Only at the end of ep 26 it shortly shifet to her.

I wouldnt miss neither Aria nor Kouga,, to be honest the only ones I would miss are Yuna and Sonia. More of Pavlin wouldnt be bad, or Shina.

damn sorry for the spoiler >.< in my preliminar scores above I posted eps. 11-27 but forgot to specify I watched it with spanish subs last sunday and aired at Japan in saturday, lately english fansubs are taking longer ¬¬ anyway I must agree that Kouga is a lame character and deserves less protagonism than Seiya from the last generation... what i have to admit im liking that there are even more female saints with guts like those you mentioned ^^ I'll be glad to see golden hotties for the first time, btw I wonder if Pavlin's alive because only her mask was left in the snow and next week maybe explains what happened to Ikki of Phoenix or the battle against Mars in 1999 (ep.28 was a recap -.- second 3/10)

High Martian: Sonia of Hornet (ハイマーシアン ホーネットのソニア) by Aya Hisakawa

Female Bronze Saint: Yuna of Aquila (女青銀闘士鷲のユナ) by Satsuki Yukino

F. Silver Saints: Pavlin of Peacock (女白銀聖闘士孔雀座のパブリーン) by Ai Orikasa

Shina or Shaina of Ophiuchus (女白銀聖闘士蛇遣い星座のシャイナ) by Mami Koyama

Bartschius of Camelopardalis (女白銀聖闘士麒麟座のバルチウス) by Eriko Fujimaki

finally all the 12 Gold Saints are revealed as listed but after seeing how rushed are these current battles I guess it'll be their last cour, overall it's turning barely better than previous arcs and from my favorite episodes in the entire series was Sonia of Scorpio vs. Soma of Lionet... well he's mexican ^^ also that unexpected gold saint fight between Tokisada of Aquarius and Genbu was worth to watch too o_O (a good Libra after all), even though the Sagittarius cloth didn't appear i doubt that Seiya is dead but besides Medea and Mars there are his god warriors to defeat next ¬¬

Kiki of Aries (牡羊座の貴鬼) - Harbinger of Taurus (牡牛座のハービンジャー) - Paradox of Gemini (双子座パラドクス) - Schiller of Cancer (蟹座のシラー)

Mycenae of Leo (獅子座のミケーネ) - Fudou of Virgo (乙女座の不動) - Genbu of Libra (天秤座の玄武) - Shiryu (紫龍) - Sonia of Scorpio (蠍座のソニア)

Seiya of Sagittarius (射手座の星矢) - Ionia of Capricorn (山羊座イオニア) - Tokisada of Aquarius (水瓶座の時貞) - Amor of Pisces (魚座のアモール)

Saint Seiya Ω: New Cloth, this isn't an April Fool's joke xD Omega continues

Title: Knights of the Zodiac Ω (Omega) New Cloth
Japanese: 聖闘士星矢 Ω(オメガ) 新生聖衣編(ニュー クロス)
Airing Date: 7/04/2013 (TV series 2nd season)
Genres: Action, Martial arts, Mythic fiction, Drama
Director: Tatsuya Nagamine
Original Creator: Masami Kurumada
Producers: Matsui Hiroyuki (TV Asahi), Atsutoshi Umezawa and Gō Wakabayashi (Toei)
Written by: Yoshimi Narita
Music by: Toshihiko Sahashi
Character Designs and Chief Animation Director: Kenichi Ichikawa
Art Director: Makoko Suwada
Color Combination by: Satoshi Takezawa
Studio: Toei Animation
Network: TV Asahi
3rd Opening theme: “Mirai Saint Omega (未来聖闘士Ω) ~Saint Evolution~“ by Nagareda Project
2nd OP theme: "New Ω Myth (Next Generation)「新星Ω神話(ネクスト・ジェネレーション)」" by √5
1st OP theme: "Pegasus Fantasy ver.Ω (ペガサス幻想 ver.Ω)" by MAKE-UP feat. Shoko Nakagawa

Main cast: Kōga of Pegasus (天馬星座の光牙) voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa
Sōma of Lionet (仔獅子座の蒼摩) voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi
Yuna of Aquila (アクィラ座のユナ) voiced by Satsuki Yukino

Ryūhō of Dragon (龍座の龍峰) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara
Haruto of Wolf (狼座の栄斗) voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Eden of Orion (オリオン座のエデン) voiced by Jun'ichi Suwabe

Saori Kido / Athena (城戸 紗織 / 女神アテナ) voiced by Shōko Nakagawa
Seiya of Sagittarius (射手座の星矢) voiced by Tōru Furuya
Kiki of Aries (牡羊座の貴鬼) voiced by Shigeru Nakahara
Harbinger of Taurus (牡牛座のハービンジャー) voiced by Kazuki Yao
Fudou of Virgo (乙女座の不動) voiced by Tomokazu Seki
Genbu of Libra (天秤座の玄武) voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama

New cast: Subaru (昴) voiced by Yuu Mizushima
Palas (パラス) voiced by Hiromi Tsuru
Titan (タイ タン) voiced by Eiji Takemoto
TV series S2 PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEWm572FQg
Official website: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/sp/seiya2013/
Official website (S1): http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/

Necropsis: The battle against Apsu ended and the saints had many days to rest their injured bodies, but the Palasite warriors summoned by the goddess Palas are after Athena threating the love and the peace of Earth... the cosmo calls Koga and his friends awakening a new force not seen before in the next episode of Saint Seiya Omega "The New Cloth! Fly, New Pegasus!": have you ever felt your cosmo?

Necropinion: thats right o_O as confirmed in the last episode PV of Mars arc, or should i say Aps arc (I think it was based of Caos from the greek mythology)... it has an entire new staff to go on after exactly a year SSΩ started but personally, I would have prefered SS Next Dimension animated or Lost Canvas S3 instead
sleep.gif

I am sorry, but I gotta vent somewhere.

This anime is complete and utterly terrible. It's a disgrace to the original, Next Dimension and every other ova be it cannon or non-cannon.

Let's start, I'll put spoiler tags just in case. I am only on episode 16.

The armor cloth look like garbage. They don't even look like armors anymore, and those collars.... Everyone seems to have the pop-bro-collars. Seriously what the hell? Let's not even start with Yuna's armor.... That crap looks like some Idol clothes rather than an armor.

Seiya's Sagittarius cloth with a scarf... Are you kidding me...

The constellation "animals" look like some cyber crap. Horrible looking just terrible

So far they have reveled two Gold Saints. Both equally terrible. Lion and Capricorn have some of the best techniques. Lighting Plasma and Excalibur/Caliburn being OP as hell, but neither of them uses them. Capricorn uses some stupid ass book. Come on the dude's armor has Excalibur. I know each saint has their own technique, but I am pretty sure those are the armor techniques and the scrubs don't even use them. It was a HUGE disappointment for those two cloths to have such terrible masters. I don't even wanna see how they will ruing Gemini, Cancer and Scorpion.

Then we have the Saints working and worshiping Mars which is stupid? Wasn't the whole point of being a saint protecting Athena? If that's the case, even if they were being fooled, why the f*** would they follow anyone's orders but Athena. I can understand the Pope fooling them, but they shouldn't they know better than bending their knees to a guy named Mars, even if they have a fake Athena. They should never bend to anyone.

"Ninja Saint". How generic... That is all just generic and terrible.

There is more, but I am done, for now.

I understand your disappointment about this one as the worst Saint Seiya series to date but I'm starting to think Mars' arc wasn't as bad as the current New Cloth arc, they went back to their original 'statue-in-a-box' armors but now have more jewels and look lame except Yuna's aquila cloth which isnt a Precure ripoff anymore ^^... ok with ep.60 all the original 10 Bronze Saints have appeared alive except for Ikki who is believed dead (in its previous episode Shun talked about him in past tense), one of the reasons why I'm watching this "guilty pleasure" to know what happened with him because he's seen on flashbacks and as Phoenix can rise from its ashes
tongue.gif

I am still watching since Saint Seiya is like my childhood, but every episode is a snooze fest.

Episode 20 right now.

And I don't believe Ikki can even die. Dude died several times already, but he just "Rises from the ashes"

as fellow fan i think so too but Omega is really testing my patience at times ¬¬ specially that steel saint Subaru, who is even more annoying than Kouga :/ btw Repede in what ep are you? I ask because the 12 houses arc gets a bit better... so far #61 is for me the best of New Cloth watching in action again my favorite Gold Saint Genbu (also my zodiac sign ;p), in its OP that hottie Paradox is alive but i wonder if she's loyal to Athena or will betray her like previous Geminis did?

Gemini here too *highfive*

Most OP Saint ever. Galaxian Explosion and Emperor Demon Fist are awesome.

Anyhow, I am only at episode 21. It has become more of a chore to watch rather than enjoyment.

I heard the 12 gold houses are awesome, but mainly are rip from the original.

How was Scorpion and Cancer? Their Cloth was amazing, hopefully they didn't get screwed like Leo and Capricorn.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back