Resident Evil - Degeneration

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"
Retired
Resident Evil: Degeneration
BioDPoster.jpg

Anyone else see this? i thot it was real good, like watching a resident evil video game, except no gameplay and the entire thing is cutscenes. Kinda weird tho, a japanese movie that is made and produced by japan is released in english? Tho, i guess it sort-of makes sense since, it takes place IN the US.

Comes out on dvd December 27th, but if you know where to look, you can get a pirated verion now(crappy audio tho). Im gunna pick this up on dvd, need to add it to my "zombie films" collection.

Sites:
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/resi...ildegeneration/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Degeneration

The raw of the DVD-RIP already available (despite the release of the actual DVD is not out until the 17th Dec in Japan). I believe it's available in dual-dub (both Japanese and English).

I'm download it on Chinese-sub but the seeds of the torrent suck as hell...the download not going anywhere at all. May be I'll just wait for Blue-ray RIP version...

Suck that I don't have Blue-ray player or PS3, or I might go grab a Blue-ray disc of this. Really don't want to buy standard DVD nowadays since they are not as good in terms of quality...

I gotta say, I appreciated the movie more than three previous live-action movies with Mila Jovovich. At the very least, I could follow the plotline without throwing up every next second. Good they decided to leave Alice alone and focus on Leon and other charas from the games.

if your computer can handle high def, than yeah.

i got the pirated 1.1gb version. but im gunna buy the dvd

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Dec 07 2008, 05:13 PM) So a ridiculous 5 gigabyte bluray 720p is out for this movie by a group I have no idea of.  Question now: is it worth it? or should I wait?
If the dub is English, then subtitle is not really neccessary. The one I downloaded and watched is just 1.36GB DVD rip, it's English dub with no subtitle...but not like really need it anyway since the dub is in English.

While I was reading about this movie, I found that Alyson Court (Claire's English voice actress) married to Erik Suzuki (the voice director of Capcom, who worked on games such as Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Capcom vs... series etc) in 2000 after her role in Resident Evil 2 in 1998. But even more to my surprise was that Erik Suzuki has actually passed away in 2005. Not that I know much about him or anything, but it's still sad to find that someone who's greatly involved in producing so many games that we enjoy are no longer around
sad.gif
Alyson Court is now widowed and with one child.

Here's a list of games that Erik Suzuki worked on for those that are interested to know:
http://www.giantbomb.com/erik-suzuki/72-32988/

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Dec 08 2008, 08:17 AM) Here's a list of games that Erik Suzuki worked on for those that are interested to know:
http://www.giantbomb.com/erik-suzuki/72-32988/
The last game he worked on was Gotcha Force, I have that on my Gamecube (its an exclusive game to this console)....the game is pretty easy to play....you can finish it in a couple of hours but there are also different ways of completing the game and you got to collect all the little robots. I've played the game 3 times and haven't bothered to collect all of the little robots. It had an animated intro and ending (I think...can't remember). The game itself is like Virtua On with a kid's story.
wink.gif
I liked it but I doubt I'll ever play it again.
dry.gif
laugh.gif

~~Sorry 4 off-topicness~~

It seems we gotta wait till the 17th December for a Japanese DVDrip (but its most likely out already on perfectdark or something like that).
wink.gif

QUOTE (qrdel @ Dec 07 2008, 03:53 PM)I gotta say, I appreciated the movie more than three previous live-action movies with Mila Jovovich. At the very least, I could follow the plotline without throwing up every next second. Good they decided to leave Alice alone and focus on Leon and other charas from the games.
IMO the first Mila Jovovich RE movie was really good, and very RE-ish, the second one was meh, but good action; the third one was a spiritual sequel to Mad Max (wtf?)
dry.gif

I'm not that upset because I'm not that big of a fan of the original games, but I will definitely have to check this out, I love good CG. The 5gb bluray rip might well be worth it. If it's any good, might even buy it, I'm a proud owner of a BluRay drive since very recently
wink.gif

does this thread belong in another section?

Resident Evil: Damnation - the awaited Degeneration's sequel

Title: Resident Evil Damnation
Japanese: バイオハザード ダムネーション (Biohazard Damnation)
Theatrical release date: October 27, 2012 (original CG motion picture)
Home video release date: September 25, 2012 (Blu-ray Disc and DVD)
Digital download date: September 15, 2012 (PSN, XBOX Live and Zulu)
Genres: Horror, Action
Director: Makoto Kamiya
Producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi
Screenplay: Shotaro Suga
Story: Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Yoshiaki Hirabayashi
Music: Tetsuya Takahashi
Cinematography: Atsushi Doi and Yusaku Toyoshima
Studio: Capcom, Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan & Digital Frontier
Distributed by: Sony Pictures Entertainment
Cast: Leon S. Kennedy voiced by Matthew Mercer
Buddy/Sasha voiced by Dave Wittenberg
Ada Wong voiced by Courtenay Taylor
JD voiced by Val Tasso
Ataman voiced by Robin Sachs
Svetlana Belikova voiced by Wendee Lee
Ingrid Hunnigan voiced by Salli Saffioti
Movie trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Y_WeDLhy0

Synopsis: U.S. federal agent Leon S. Kennedy sneaks into the "East Slavic Republic" to verify rumors that Bio-Organic Weapons (BOWs) are being used in the country's civil war, which the U.S. and Russia are making preparations to jointly intervene in. Right after his infiltration, the U.S. government orders him to leave immediately. Determined to uncover the truth, Leon ignores the order and enters the battlefield to end the chain of tragedies caused by the BOWs.

Necropinion: just necrobumped this thread as its new sequel was released a few days ago to talk about the films, I consider them superior to the 5 REs starring Milla Jovovich because both are better and follow the story of the games closely... about the CGI vs live action preference I wonder why Capcom released both kinds Damnation and Retribution respectively, at the same time unlike in previous years probably because it's still the most successful film series based on videogames? ^^

Resident Evil Degeneration (CG animated movie) fall 2008 - 7/10
RE Damnation (CG animated movie) summer and fall 2012 - 6/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back