Relationship DISCUSSION!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What is your Relationship like?

• A ) I have a wife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B ) I have a husband

• C ) I have a girlfriend

• D ) I have a boyfriend

• E ) I have a crush on a girl

• F ) I have a crush on a boy

• G )I don't have a crush on anyone; yet.

• H )I don't want to have a Relationship, Anime is all i need.

• I ) I don't want to have a Relationship.

• Total voters
QUOTE (wedora @ Dec 16 2010, 04:37 PM) They are too busy looking at your signature to make a post.

I agree...love your new sig., Nioki-san
wink.gif
Ah, well, as far as grammar and relationships go, well, they are both important. Be that friends, lovers, husbands and wives...if you can spell it right and phrase it right, well, one is won over.
rolleyes.gif
I mean, gee...just look at the master himself, the great Shakespeare!
And yeah, Nioki-san, my post is a repeat of sorts, for those who did not benefit from the prior spamming I did a few months back.
tongue.gif

I think i phrased it right.... well Russian is just that kind of language... too "poetic" for its own good >_> Hope I can make up with him, though, I was quite symbolic in leaving the conference after he.... sent me to a place...

Yes, i make sigs if i'm not lazy, But since I was too lazy to finish my new Miku one (I put it off for later) I just grabbed one of the scans I have and edited it a bit. (Considering I did my new desktop the same day as I planned to do the sig, I think i can let myself slack off a bit.) You can check it out at the desktop thread btw. Though my icons aren't ready yet.

And yes the posters are dwindling
sad.gif
And its quite hard to attract people to the website by advertising the community, which I enjoy, over the download part
unsure.gif

QUOTE (wedora @ Dec 16 2010, 06:37 PM) They are too busy looking at your signature to make a post.

In all seriousness, it just happens all the time because the posters are dwindling, especially if its not in the main anime sub-forum. Its not just you.

Do you make sigs btw?
Nioki-san, I think it is only your imagination. Either that or the same thing is happening to me. I am trying not to intepret much into it.

QUOTE (Nioki @ Dec 17 2010, 12:26 AM)But really there are quite a number of, if you think rationally, odd reasons to start fights from. And how easy people get misunderstood.

Actually just now, I got into a fight with a friend over Skype, how I understand from the end of our long conversation, only because I grammatically corrected a word of his, after which he said he doesn't like when he gets corrected and I said - Whats so bad about that? Wise people should make use of that correction. And then the fight started...

I especially hate the fact that when people are angry they are deaf to what others are saying, and see only things that aggravate their anger even more.

And all this happened considering he knows I pay double attention to grammar in Russian since mine is so bad. 

Oh what to do.. :|
I think the main thing to take note is no one likes to be/feel criticised. Sure some people can take criticism in the sense they do not blow the person off or get overly aggressive/defensive (unfortunately this was not the case with your friend) and are capable of listening and perhaps even improving from this feedback, but ultimately no one likes being criticised.

I guess your friend took offence because you correcting their grammar was seen a slight on them and their ability to speak Russian. It is a difficult thing as some people cannot take criticism even if it is given constructively or/and politely. And this can even apply to a person who otherwise has an outstanding character. You really have to be careful who you criticise; some people can handle it, others need a lot of positive feedback before criticism while others simply cannot take it.

What is also important is the frequency and timing of the criticism. No one wants to be criticised constantly but that is fairly obvious and I don't believe that applies in this case. What could have played a part is the timing of this grammar correction. I don't know the context of the conversation but from personal experience I had people but in when in the middle of a speech. They criticised the fact I was not looking them straight in the eye when talking. Sure this is not quite the same as what happened in your case but I believe the same principles can be applied. I found this interruption quite annoying as I was really into the conversation and this sudden interruption killed the mood for me. To me it seemed like the person was not really interested in what I had to say and was more interested in criticising the small details when I was talking about something quite important which was largely missed. This lack of interest annoyed me just as much as the criticism itself so perhaps (not definitely but perhaps) that was the case with your friend.

In any case I agree with you; the ability to take criticism is important in maintaining any strong relationship - be it platonic or romantic - as the ability to compromise is vital in any long-standing relationship and with compromise there is bound to be some criticism of each others behaviour. So people must be accommodating of others intentions and needs even if it means setting ones ego's aside. This is something your friend should have considered. It certainly not easy to always do this particularly if one has a large ego.

QUOTE (Nioki)And is it just me or do people grow silent in a topic after I make a post?
Ah don't take it personally it is just the forum dying! I have made many posts and no one responded to them; it is not you but rather the lack of people following or willing to post. It is discouraging but try not to get too sad over it. I am sure no one will respond to this post as I do tend to ramble!
tongue.gif
So that would be proof it is no personal thing!
wink.gif

Monsta honey, your maturity and wisdom never fails to surprise me. It is comforting to read how considerate you are, kiss

Here is an amusing I saw the other day...

393401_213627185383392_100002083372568_497142_833673556_n.jpg

Women!
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jan 04 2012, 04:38 PM) Here is an amusing I saw the other day...

393401_213627185383392_100002083372568_497142_833673556_n.jpg

Women!
rolleyes.gif

lol I saw that pic a while back, pshhhh, that's more like the Table of Contents
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back