Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Re: Life in a different world from zero (Starting Life in Another World)
Japanese: Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活
Airing date: 3/4/2016 (TV series 25 episodes)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Drama
Original creator: Tappei Nagatsuki
Original character designs: Shinichirō Otsuka (LN), Daichi Matsuse & Makoto Fūgetsu (manga)
Director: Masaharu Watanabe
Written by: Masahiro Yokotani
Music by: Kenichirō Suehiro
Character designer and chief animation director: Kyuta Sakai
Art director: Yoshito Takamine (BIHO)
3D director: Suguru Karube (T2studio)
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Director of photography: Kentarō Minegishi (T2studio)
Art setting by: Saaya Kinjō (Bihou)
Color design by: Izumi Sakamoto
Prop design by: Goichi Iwahata and Noritaka Suzuki
Sound effects by: Tomoji Furuya (Swara Pro)
Key animation by: Min Ki Han and Miyuki Nakayama (ep 1)
Editing by: Hitomi Sudō (REAL-T)
Studio: White Fox
Network: TV Tokyo, TVO, TVA, AT-X
Opening theme: "Redo" by Konomi Suzuki
Ending theme: "STYX HELIX" by MYTH&ROID

Main cast: Subaru Natsuki (ナツキ・スバル) voiced by Yūsuke Kobayashi
Emilia (エミリア)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c2.png voiced by Rie Takahashi
Puck (パック)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c3.png voiced by Yumi Uchiyama
Felt (フェルト)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c4.png voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki

Reinhard van Astrea (ラインハルト・ヴァン・アストレア)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c5.png voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
Rem (レム)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c6.png voiced by Inori Minase
Ram (ラム)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c7.png voiced by Rie Murakawa
Beatrice (ベアトリス)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c8.png voiced by Satomi Arai
c051.jpg

Roswaal L. Mathers (ロズワール・L・メイザース)http://re-zero-anime.jp/images/character/c9.png voiced by Takehito Koyasu
Rom (ロム) voiced by Mugihito
Elsa Granhiert (エルザ)[/URL] voiced by Mamiko Noto

Synopsis: Suddenly, high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world, and with no sign of the one who summoned him, things become even worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious, silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru cooperates with her to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue, Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices he gained the ability "Returns by Death" and has become a helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. Beyond the despair, can he save the girl from the fate of death?

Re: Zero is.... kinda weird. All the manga adaptations of it tend to just... get stuck on the intro chapter? I could swear I've seen the first book adapted and scanlated three times now. I actually like what I've seen, but ye gods, would it kill them to FINISH ONE ADAPTATION!? (Now that I think about it, given the pretense, I kind of wonder if I saw 3 different books and the main character kept having to go all the way back to nothing.)
lol his summon is lamer than Endride, but ep.1B convinced me to keep seeing
smile.gif

smile.gif
this is a nice two episode opening. Subaru who is completely clueless about what is happening is a nice main character to begin with. As his deaths give new chances it makes every situation a chance to see the whole story. First the theft being an assigment and not some random incident. Also who is the silverhaired girl really? It looks like a promising series
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 10 2016, 02:37 PM)Subaru who is completely clueless about what is happening is a nice main character to begin with. As his deaths give new chances it makes every situation a chance to see the whole story. First the theft being an assigment and not some random incident. Also who is the silverhaired girl really? It looks like a promising series
biggrin.gif
Believable given its 'groundhog day' confusion at first, but he's a bit too slow to realize until the 3rd death in ep.2... so respawning with his only 'savestate' and Reinhard as new ally can help subaru from now on, is 'Satella' vs Elsa next?
happy.gif

Why-why-WHY?!?! WHY is Elsa a "bad guy"? I'd love for her to be the main character. Twisted, sadistic, tortured, but for some unknown circumstance, performing acts of heroics. Even if it's under duress or due to a magic curse. Her personality is just SO warped. Scary & sexy is the new big thing it seems, and she fits the bill!
c051.jpg

YUM!!!

Felt needs to put on more clothes. Sorry. It's like a wimpy guy running around in a muscle tee. Just sad...

She reminds me of the bratty, "oldest" sister Mitsuba from Mitsudomoe
108378.jpg
felt-150x150.png

biggrin.gif

First, I'd grind that alleyway with the obnoxious thugs, then immediately commit suicide so I could massacre them again over and over in order to "level-up" quickly until I could kill each of them with one hit, then I'd pick fights with progressively stronger fighters until I was at a level where my lack of gear and weapons wouldn't be a handicap. Then I'd go back to the loot den, and play out the scenario and beat the crap out of Beatrice before she could kill anyone.

Then I'd put a dog collar on her and force her to make me breakfast every morning as compensations for killing me not once, BUT TWICE!!! (Maybe more if I didn't level-up enough before facing her!) For that, she'd have to pay BIG-time. (And I get the sneaking suspicion that she'd be into the dog collar anyway if I clearly proved to her that I was easily stronger than her. She IS twisted, after all!)

Psycho-hottie on a chain... I think I may have just created a new archetype!
blink.gif

Hmm, leveling up by killing those thugs won't work as he can't improve his body as only his mind is warped back to the time in front of the store (why does the loop jump back to that place anyway??). Elsa sure is dangerous to even recognize emotions from strangers she just met. Who is her boss anyway? That really must be one dangerous person. Reinhard may be the best choice to take with him if he needs to fight Elsa..although i wonder what Satella can do if not being taken by surprise and with her charm who seems to harbor something special (is Satella really that witch or related to her. Puck is way too surprised to see her use the name).
It was weird though to see how Satella was robed by Felt that time..actually Subaru being the cause of giving Felt the time to perform the act.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 13 2016, 06:17 PM)Felt needs to put on more clothes.  Sorry.  It's like a wimpy guy running around in a muscle tee.  Just sad...

She reminds me of the bratty, "oldest" sister Mitsuba  from Mitsudomoe

laugh.gif
Mitsuba will never be able to perform the things that Felt does. She is way too chubby for that (remember the weight loss ideas she tried
smile.gif
). That lack of clothes probably gives Felt the freedom of movement she wants and needs. She has speed and agility as her main weapons of choice and for that she needs to be as light as possible.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 16 2016, 08:04 AM)That really must be one dangerous person. Reinhard may be the best choice to take with him if he needs to fight Elsa..although i wonder what Satella can do if not being taken by surprise and with her charm who seems to harbor something special (is Satella really that witch or related to her. Puck is way too surprised to see her use the name).
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 13 2016, 11:17 AM)why-WHY?!?!  WHY is Elsa a "bad guy"?  I'd love for her to be the main character.  Twisted, sadistic, tortured, but for some unknown circumstance, performing acts of heroics.  Even if it's under duress or due to a magic curse.  Her personality is just SO warped.  Scary & sexy is the new big thing it seems, and she fitswanna see a psycho prota girl in new series? try Big Order xD, Elsa reminds me that evil Dark Queen of Battletoads... so ep.3 i expected her trying to kill Emilia by surprise, But not how Subaru breaks the 4th wall before their epic battle
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 13 2016, 10:17 AM) Why-why-WHY?!?! WHY is Elsa a "bad guy"? I'd love for her to be the main character. Twisted, sadistic, tortured, but for some unknown circumstance, performing acts of heroics. Even if it's under duress or due to a magic curse. Her personality is just SO warped. Scary & sexy is the new big thing it seems, and she fits the bill!

First, I'd grind that alleyway with the obnoxious thugs, then immediately commit suicide so I could massacre them again over and over in order to "level-up" quickly until I could kill each of them with one hit, then I'd pick fights with progressively stronger fighters until I was at a level where my lack of gear and weapons wouldn't be a handicap. Then I'd go back to the loot den, and play out the scenario and beat the crap out of Beatrice before she could kill anyone.

Then I'd put a dog collar on her and force her to make me breakfast every morning as compensations for killing me not once, BUT TWICE!!! (Maybe more if I didn't level-up enough before facing her!) For that, she'd have to pay BIG-time. (And I get the sneaking suspicion that she'd be into the dog collar anyway if I clearly proved to her that I was easily stronger than her. She IS twisted, after all!)

Psycho-hottie on a chain... I think I may have just created a new archetype!
blink.gif

You realize if you Genderflip this fantasy of yours, you basically have the plot of Inuyasha?
wink.gif

So, the main character finally makes it through the first day and has finally gotten Emilia's real name, and he only lost his lunchintestines once, to do so. (Elsa seems like she belongs in Claymore, the more I think about her guts routine. Now THAT is a story full of psycho-hotties on chains.)

Now to see if Death by Rewind can update it's save point.

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 20 2016, 02:10 AM) You realize if you Genderflip this fantasy of yours, you basically have the plot of Inuyasha?
wink.gif

So, the main character finally makes it through the first day and has finally gotten Emilia's real name, and he only lost his lunchintestines once, to do so. (Elsa seems like she belongs in Claymore, the more I think about her guts routine. Now THAT is a story full of psycho-hotties on chains.)

Now to see if Death by Rewind can update it's save point.
You of course realize that if he slaps a glowing orb in the next episode, that this will be my last-ever post....

As I will have died from laughing too hard!

Hmm.... No I hadn't realized the gender-flip aspect when I wrote that, but now.... Damn. LOL
blink.gif

Elsa is The Baroness from GI Joe without her glasses and accent!
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 20 2016, 02:10 AM)Now to see if Death by Rewind can update it's save point.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 23 2016, 06:06 PM)Hmm.... No I hadn't realized the gender-flip aspect when I wrote that, but now.... Damn. LOL

Elsa is The Baroness from GI Joe without her glasses and accent!
laugh.gif
o_O some authors can reinvent our childhood heroes nicely RPGed, villains even sidekicks like Skeletor or Velma... still fun ep'4 when ex-NEET met not only drill loli, also maid twins and wryy clown xD but yep he's stuck in a new savepoint
tongue.gif

Indeed he got a new starting point. As he only goes back when he is dead, does this mean they actually killed him in his bedroom? Those twin maids and their master sure are pretty obvious suspects. Till now this series sure is interesting to watch

Well after hearing a few things about this series, I can only say that this feels like kind of a more serious version of Konosuba somewhat here, but a bit darker though. After getting up to episode 4, I'm now wondering as to if he was either killed off while he was trying to sleep there, or if he was killed somehow when they went to town. It's either that, or he has more of a "Ground Hog Day Ability" until he gets everything right for the day.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 24 2016, 02:00 PM) o_O some authors can reinvent our childhood heroes nicely RPGed, villains even sidekicks like Skeletor or Velma... still fun ep'4 when ex-NEET met not only drill loli, also maid twins and wryy clown xD but yep he's stuck in a new savepoint
tongue.gif

LOL Nailed it in one!

Yeah, someone offed our intrepid hero in his sleep, and these matches say you're lying!

(Hands you a book of matches, and when you open them, you read the tiny inscription.... "YOU'RE LYING!")

tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 24 2016, 02:47 PM)he got a new starting point. As he only goes back when he is dead, does this mean they actually killed him in his bedroom? Those twin maids and their master sure are pretty obvious suspects.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 25 2016, 06:43 PM)Yeah, someone offed our intrepid hero in his sleep, and these matches say you're lying!
+=
*reads book of matches* wow! a fusion of our 2 femme fatales, no wonder why Elsa is so smexy AND deadly ¬¬ ok ep.5... do you guys think she 'keeps' killing Barusu, was he poisoned by maids? maybe rabies from the dog or what?
ph34r.gif

So I was right, he did die suddenly in his sleep then last time. Although this time around he knows that there might be something waiting for him the day before his promise with Emilia. Although, it seems that with him hanging out with Rem and Rom might be a good thing since he can be able to learn how to read and write now. If he gets that part down at least then he might access a bit more in this checkpoint that he is now at.

Although I get this feeling that it might end up being one of those candidates to become the next ruler of the kingdom here, but that's a wild speculation on my part.

Hmm, so he got on better terms with Rem and Ram. However it doesn't seem that they are the cause of his death. That reaction in the end seems to suggest something that is pretty magical. Maybe he should talk with Beatrice. She does seem unaffected by the time reversals.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 01 2016, 06:26 PM)this time around he knows that there might be something waiting for him the day before his promise with Emilia. Although, it seems that with him hanging out with Rem and Rom might be a good thing since he can be able to learn how to read and write now. If he gets that part down at least then he might access a bit more in this checkpoint that he is now at.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ May 06 2016, 12:36 PM)Hmm, so he got on better terms with Rem and Ram. However it doesn't seem that they are the cause of his death. That reaction in the end seems to suggest something that is pretty magical. Maybe he should talk with Beatrice.if this loli can be trusted maybe curses (of Ram ?), now considering he found his killer unlike previous busy 'lives' but... By ep.6 seems both twins' intentions are related to ogres' tale, I guess the witch one avoids is about Satella (taboo)
huh.gif

Well with episode 6, I have to say that I was and wasn't expecting that outcome here. Never the less it makes me wonder if he does die beginning next episode, that he should get closer to Rem here so she won't pull this stunt on him.

yes Barusu must gain their trust somehow before they kill him, keep them alive or else he'll regret it reviving always(?)... unable to tell his secret so Beatrice at least can be a bodyguard, if you think Ep'7 lacks comedy then try the specials
wink.gif

So with that we learn that Subaru kind of has a cure form the Jealous Witch with this episode. So I'm guessing she was the one who summoned him to this world in the first place I take it. Also, apparently holding himself up in Beatrice's Library might of given him the idea that he was supposed to die instead of Rem here. So with that it looks like he really does have to be greedy between the two of them for the next episode so that they could trust him at the very least.

Also, I get this feeling that the more times he dies the stronger the witch's curse grips at him to the point of where he just might die straight out when he resets things. At least that's what it might turn out to be like in the end here.

well his efforts paid off in Ep.8 realizing this curse is most likely from a town, at least he learned his Darkness attribute... It fits given a shady hand shows while reviving, as Emilia comforts him i wonder if she's truly related to Satella
ph34r.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back